Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Website Malfunction Please Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Malfunction Please Help (639 Views)

Help : Blogger Malfunction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Malfunction Please Help by elegal1(f): 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2010
I commissioned a website developer to create a News site for me.After some delay the website was up and running.Our staff started to populate the pages with daily News items.Suddenly, about 3 months later, the whole site disintegrated. He built the site with Joomla.
Please I really need help and advice,as it appears the web designer has no immediate solutions.

Please see the site at    www.nigerianewsnetwork.com

Thanks.
Re: Website Malfunction Please Help by sayhi2ay(m): 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2010
seem someone messed with the template
Re: Website Malfunction Please Help by yawatide(f): 6:43pm On Dec 16, 2010
Yep, I would have someone look at the html and css in the template manager.  It should hopefully not be that bad, with respect to fixing.

Also, i hate to ask but, was the original developer settled? A template doesn't get messed up on its own. Who is the super administrator of the site? Someone actually has to go into the template manager and mess stuff up. Once fixed, make sure you have a back up of the fixed code. For now, make sure you have a back up of the database, in case you are dealing with a shady individual.

Good luck!
Re: Website Malfunction Please Help by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 17, 2010
The Problem is from the Template, and the content every injected Content should be checked if the tags are closed, because from my css knowledge there's an overflow set to hidden hiding the rest of the Images and it also looks like Someone is messing with the design,i know css quite much hope u get it solved cuz its really bad.
Re: Website Malfunction Please Help by elegal1(f): 9:00pm On Dec 17, 2010
Yep, I would have someone look at the html and css in the template manager.  It should hopefully not be that bad, with respect to fixing.

Also, i hate to ask but, was the original developer settled?  A template doesn't get messed up on its own.  Who is the super administrator of the site?  Someone actually has to go into the template manager and mess stuff up.  Once fixed, make sure you have a back up of the fixed code. For now, make sure you have a back up of the database, in case you are dealing with a shady individual.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot. Yes he was settled.He had collected N150,000 out of N175,000 agreed upon.
Re: Website Malfunction Please Help by yawatide(f): 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2010
Hmm, hopefully he can be tracked down and asked to fix it, especially considering the balance.
Re: Website Malfunction Please Help by highestbid: 11:58pm On Dec 18, 2010
incase of another time. the posible problem is from the recent extention installed, with might not be compatible with template. so if you notice something like that is future, find the recent extension installed and disable it.

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Need Joomla Web Designing Ebook / Someone Help Me Please! / Cant Login To My Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.