Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria (1782 Views)

Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! / Lagos: Elections Are Not Perfect In Every State - Reno Omokri / Key Areas Lagos New Governor Must Look Into - AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
Every state governor must be obliged to build at least TWO skyscrapers in his capital during his tenure.

It doesn't need to be 100 storey skyscrapers.

20 to 40 storeys will still look superb.

Build them, and then rent out office space to businesses, to recoup costs and even make profit.

They must do it in the city centre, and create a CBD (Central Business District), to create a concentration of high rises, and a SKYLINE.

This attracts investors and tourists like nothing else you can imagine.

PLUS they must get rid of open gutters, and build pedestrian sidewalks on every street.

If that happens, come to Nigeria in 10 years time and you'll think you're in the USA.

That's what they should focus on, rather than all these funny lights and roundabouts they build.

We cannot leave everything to the Federal Govt.

The state governors must play their part in realising the Nigeria of our dreams.

Discuss.

Phoenix, Arizona, a small US city made to look like New York simply by creating a CBD with a few high rises. Every Nigerian state capital should have a CBD like this.
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by healthserve(m): 11:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
True. I agree 100%

2 Likes

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 11:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
healthserve:
True. I agree 100%

Thanks bro.
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by healthserve(m): 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rossippi:

Thanks bro.

wink Develop it into a bill so it can be read on the foor of the house. Look for senators to present it to. Before you know it the spotlight's on you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by emeijeh(m): 11:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
healthserve:

wink Develop it into a bill so it can be read on the foor of the house. Look for senators to present it to. Before you know it the spotlight's on you

For this naija?
[img]https://media1./images/7cf5496978b667eca7501562b3bcf061/tenor.gif?itemid=15575812[/img]

1 Like

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by healthserve(m): 11:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
emeijeh:

For this naija?

A young chap contacted me offline after seeing some of my comments. I listened to his counsel gave counsel he's currently refining his own draft into a bill and has already received the attention of some government officials already.

Maing excuses doesn't profit. Self limitations needs to be broken by being proactive

6 Likes

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Goahead(m): 12:10am On Feb 20, 2020
Who do you expect to climb the stairs of 20 storeys buildings?

Or have you fixed the epileptic power supply angry

Obviously, you don't know what the present Nigeria needs.

12 Likes

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by theDEVILisHERE: 12:26am On Feb 20, 2020
Rossippi:
Every state governor must be obliged to build at least TWO skyscrapers in his capital during his tenure.

It doesn't need to be 100 storey skyscrapers.

20 to 40 storeys will still look superb.

Build them, and then rent out office space to businesses, to recoup costs and even make profit.

They must do it in the city centre, and create a CBD (Central Business District), to create a concentration of high rises, and a SKYLINE.

This attracts investors and tourists like nothing else you can imagine.

PLUS they must get rid of open gutters, and build pedestrian sidewalks on every street.

If that happens, come to Nigeria in 10 years time and you'll think you're in the USA.

That's what they should focus on, rather than all these funny lights and roundabouts they build.

We cannot leave everything to the Federal Govt.

The state governors must play their part in realising the Nigeria of our dreams.

Discuss.

Phoenix, Arizona, a small US city made to look like New York simply by creating a CBD with a few high rises. Every Nigerian state capital should have a CBD like this.

You can't transform a terrorist heaven

Disband ur British cage and save urselves the evil horror awaiting all in the British cage

4 terror groups in one country is no joke
Only fools talk about development when lives of millions are at stake

2 Likes

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 12:32am On Feb 20, 2020
Goahead:
Who do you expect to climb the stairs of 20 storeys buildings?

Or have you fixed the epileptic power supply angry

Obviously, you don't know what the present Nigeria needs.

How do people ''climb the stairs'' in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 12:36am On Feb 20, 2020
theDEVILisHERE:

You can't transform a terrorist heaven

Disband ur British cage and save urselves the evil horror awaiting all in the British cage

4 terror groups in one country is no joke
Only fools talk about development when lives of millions are at stake

Nigeria will NOT be disbanded. Nigeria is a democracy, and majority of Nigerians want the nation to remain ONE.

End of story.

You CANNOT force your views on Nigerians, no matter how strongly held.

Therefore, your secessionist dream will remain what it is - a dream.

My advice to you is that instead of living your life as a dream, you should get back in touch with reality, and contribute your quota to making Nigeria a better place, rather than, inter alia, inventing the existence of ''4 terror groups'' in your head.

Your only alternative is to seek citizenship of another country, and depart from our shores.

At least that way, you can stop living your life as a dream.

Regards.
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by fernandez1(m): 12:38am On Feb 20, 2020
Mr op we don't need skyscraper now......what we really need is 24 hours electricity and train transportation....then we are on pact.....creating CDB in all state of the federation won't lift the masses from the poverty.....rather it will only benefit the rich.

5 Likes

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 12:46am On Feb 20, 2020
fernandez1:
Mr op we don't really need skyscraper nows......what we really need is 24 hours electricity and train transportation....then we are on pact.....creating CDB in all states of the federation won't lift the masses from the poverty

Then you don't understand the role of infrastructural development in creating wealth and changing lives.

Do you realise how many jobs would be created by carrying out this program as outlined?

To maintain and service one skyscraper, you would need within its proximity a minimum of:

Lift engineering companies

Electrical Firms

Air conditioning firms

Furniture firms and suppliers

Security firms

Plumbing firms

Transport firms

Catering firms

Civil engineering firms for structural maintenance

And many of those firms will also require ancillary firms to supply them.

This is just for one building.

Multiply that to say, 20 skyscrapers per city.

Then multiply that by 36 states.

In other words, job opportunities will be opened for countless millions of Nigerians.
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by fernandez1(m): 1:01am On Feb 20, 2020
Mr there's no reasonable investors that'll invest in a country with depleted electricity.....he'll calculate the cost of running diesel daily..... No be by these ur English investors go use gain.

Rossippi:

Then you don't understand the role of infrastructural development in creating wealth and changing lives.

Do you realise how many jobs would be created by carrying out this program as outlined?

To maintain and service one skyscraper, you would need within its proximity a minimum of:

Lift engineering companies

Electrical Firms

Air conditioning firms

Furniture firms and suppliers

Security personnel

Plumbing firms

Transport firms

Catering firms

Civil engineering firms for structural maintenance

And many of those firms will also require ancillary firms to supply them.

This is just for one building.

Multiply that for say 20 skyscrapers per city.

Then multiply that by 36 states.

In other words, job opportunities will be opened for countless millions of Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by theDEVILisHERE: 1:03am On Feb 20, 2020
Rossippi:

Nigeria will NOT be disbanded. Nigeria is a democracy, and majority of Nigerians want the nation to remain ONE.

End of story.

You CANNOT force your views on Nigerians, no matter how strongly held.

Therefore, your secessionist dream will remain what it is - a dream.

My advice to you is that instead of living your life as a dream, you should get back in touch with reality, and contribute your quota to making Nigeria a better place, rather than, inter alia, inventing the existence of ''4 terror groups'' in your head.

Your only alternative is to seek citizenship of another country, and depart from our shores.

At least that way, you can stop living your life as a dream.

Regards.

.."will not.." it's already disbanded

u are the one dreaming not me, what I say are facts even u cannot deny, except ofcourse u want to decieve yourself

living in delusion helps no one
face reality and save ur future generations

3 Likes

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 1:04am On Feb 20, 2020
fernandez1:

Mr there's no reasonable investors that'll invest in a country with depleted electricity.....he'll calculate the cost of running diesel daily..... No be by these ur English investors go use gain.

Mr Naysayer, are the investors in Lagos' skyscrapers and Abuja high rises departing those buildings because of ''depleted electricity''?

Who told you office occupiers of skyscrapers pay for diesel?

Have you actually been inside a skyscraper?

Go and try and rent office space in Marina or Broad Street and see if you can find space to rent, since everyone is running away from ''paying for diesel''.
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 1:07am On Feb 20, 2020
theDEVILisHERE:

.."will not.." it's already disbanded

u are the one dreaming not me, what I say are facts even u cannot deny, except ofcourse u want to decieve yourself

living in delusion helps no one
face reality and save ur future generations

So why are you here if it's disbanded?

Why are you not on Biafraland website?

Just like you claim to want secession yet your people are spread all over the country more than anyone else.

Life of contradictions.
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by theDEVILisHERE: 1:16am On Feb 20, 2020
Rossippi:

So why are you here if it's disbanded?

Why are you not on Biafraland website?

Just like you claim to want secession yet your people are spread all over the country more than anyone else.

Life of contradictions.

what the hell are u talking about?@#!??

i'm telling u terrorists are coming for ur souls and u are hear giving sentiment speech

Well, some people just can't be redeemed, smh
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 1:19am On Feb 20, 2020
theDEVILisHERE:

what the hell are u talking about?@#!??

i'm telling u terrorists are coming for ur souls and u are hear giving sentiment speech

Well, some people just can't be redeemed, smh

Dude, please, just leave this thread. Nobody wants you here. Go away. Bye bye.
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by theDEVILisHERE: 1:24am On Feb 20, 2020
Rossippi:

Dude, please, just leave this thread. Nobody wants you here. Go away. Bye bye.

I'm still here
Only thing going away is the redemption of u and other delusional "Niggas with in the British slave Area"

Face ur terrorists govt
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 1:33am On Feb 20, 2020
theDEVILisHERE:

I'm still here
Only thing going away is the redemption of u and other delusional "N...s with in the British slave Area"

Face ur terrorists govt

Do not come in here using racist terminology.

You clearly lack proper home training, or you'd conduct yourself with decorum.

Tell me. Is it by force that we must all accept your views?

You've made your point. Now go away.

All you're doing is displaying your intolerance for opposing viewpoints.

Is that how your new republic will function? Everybody must think like you or you won't let them be?

I can name a few countries where such is the norm - North Korea, Afghanistan, Uganda under Amin, Hitler's Germany etc, etc.
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by mobilemykel: 3:08am On Feb 20, 2020
@op nice idea. I think it's should not be left to only government to build. private individuals or group should be also allowed to participate and any idea how much will it cost to build a sky scraper?
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Nobody: 3:20am On Feb 20, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38am On Feb 20, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 3:46am On Feb 20, 2020
Beachside:
I observe that most Nigerians have wrong perception of what development means. you don't need overpasses or skyscrapers to be developed.
Build the basics and that paves the way for other things to follow. Most highrises and skyscrapers are built by private individuals.
The basics needs to be fixed first: stable electric, ID database ,etc., jobs and circulation of money so people can afford to spend.
Do not talk about development if there's no stable electricity. Is there ID databse ? Is there a tax system? Are there laws, and are they even implemented? I personally think Nigeria is the biggest shithiole in the world. Everything is simply wrong with the country. It even wears me out when I visit this forum.

It's true that in our modern world , a city's prestige is characterized by it's Skyline . A high-rise does not necessarily have to have to be office buildings, it can be apartments . There are no skyscrapers in Nigeria , only lowrises(3 - 6) ,midrise(10 -20) and maybe four highrises (25 to 40). The tallest building in Nigeria as I see on google is 31 stories. Skyscrapers are around 55 to 120 stories.
Cost of building depends on materials used . For example , it cost the same amount of money to build the two structures below .

I was taking you serious until you came up with this ''Nigeria is the biggest shiithole'' RUBBISH.

You know, someone needs to dump some of you pampered idiots into places like Honduras, Peru, Somalia, Haiti, Sierra Leone, Eritrea, Pakistan, Cambodia, Guatemala, Uganda, Niger Republic, Chad, or Afghanistan, so you can actually discover through your thick skulls what a real ''shiithole'' really is.

Because of your stupid colonial mentality, you think everywhere outside Nigeria is like the UK, Switzerland, Germany, and Dubai, forgetting that developed nations constitute only about 20% of nations on earth, majority of them having been independent for several centuries, with the rest being developing nations like Nigeria still struggling with the so-called 'basics' like power supply and roads.

Until you get it though your thick skulls that there is nothing wrong with, and nothing to be ashamed of, with being a developing nation, that it is actually the NORM on earth rather than the exception, you will continue to be disgruntled elements, hating yourselves and your background till you reach your graves, and wasting your lives in disgruntlement.

Rubbish.
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47am On Feb 20, 2020

4 Likes

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by leokid866: 3:48am On Feb 20, 2020
Nice idea but think it through, the state governors are not in charge of security, with no direct control of the enforcement agencies guarding the state you think they would be interested in doing this? Is it Zamfara or borno state governor you will tell to go and carry state funds to build skyscraper so that boko haram will help him blow it up.....in states where they have been taking NECO exam on credits for so many years....States where they have people starving and been internally displaced and your next agenda for them is to build Skyscraper......LOL

1 Like

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 3:52am On Feb 20, 2020
Beachside:
This topic is about Nigeria,not uganda or chad . Nigeria is a shithole. I'm a honest and straightforward person. Nigeria is a complete shithole.

Ok, thanks. Get lost and stay lost. Go back to your paradise wherever you live, and leave us the hell alone. Asswipe.
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Nobody: 3:54am On Feb 20, 2020
-

3 Likes

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 3:55am On Feb 20, 2020
Beachside:
you are an old fool.

Thanks. Bye bye.
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Nobody: 3:56am On Feb 20, 2020
-

4 Likes

Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 20, 2020
-
Re: Every State Governor Must Do THIS. ...It Will Help Transform Nigeria by Rossippi: 4:00am On Feb 20, 2020
Stupid moro.ns with inferiority complex. Ever since the uneducated, ignorant racist asswipe and criminal that calls himself the US president used ''shiithole'' to describe African nations, his brain-dead slaves have taken on the word, as if they ever used it in their lives prior to hearing a racist use it.

Kuku go and serve Trump and his KKK, neo-nazi, white-supremacist friends tea and coffee, and smile like the stupid inferior black they want you to be, since that is what makes you feel comfortable. Rubbish.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Projects Of Gov. Dapo Abiodun That Got Ogun People Talking With Excitement / The Critical Missing Link In Nigeria's Treatment Of Coronavirus / You Begged Tinubu To Help You In Edo, Lagos APC Chair Tells Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.