Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Why Not To Use Your Local Host: Intro To ISP Blacklisting - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Not To Use Your Local Host: Intro To ISP Blacklisting (605 Views)

I Need Help Using Xampp As Local Host. / Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better / How Good Is Local Host For A Foreign Targeted Blog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Not To Use Your Local Host: Intro To ISP Blacklisting by Webberboss: 11:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
We’re doing the SEO for a local Central Oregon business. They’re great clients. We built them a custom WordPress site, with an integrated blog and all the fancy bells and whistles. In their monthly analytics reporting last month, I noticed a substantial traffic drop from the month prior so I looked further to see if there were any issues I could address. I found their domain’s ISP had been blacklisted by two DNSBLs (Domain Name System Blacklists are spam blocking lists that allow administrators to block messages from specific systems that have a history of sending spam). Yikes. Here’s the lowdown, and why you want to avoid it from happening to you.Why Not to Use Your Local Host: Intro to ISP blacklisting

Why Not to Use Your Local Host: Intro to ISP blacklisting
When we setup the hosting for Company M, we’ll call them, they insisted (well, their IT guys did) that their records be pointed back to our small Central Oregon internet service provider (ISP). We’ll call them, Local Dog. We advised against this several times. As of today, at least one of Local Dog’s servers affecting the whole IP range is blacklisted by two DNSBLs. It’s been 3 weeks since we found it, and Local Dog hasn’t gotten themselves de-blacklisted. My hunch is they’re unaware that they’re even on one. Therein lies the problem.

Are they so small that they don’t have the measures in place to realize their servers have been blacklisted and their customers are affected? Will they ever notice? Do they have enough clout to get themselves removed if and when they figure it out?

Read More: https://www.webberboss.com/why-not-to-use-your-local-host-intro-to-isp-blacklisting/

(1) (Reply)

Get An I.T Training At The Comfort Of Your Home / This Hilarious Nigerian Comedy Will. Surely Make You Laugh / I Need Help With Web Design, Please, Contact Me If You Reside In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.