Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,482 members, 7,861,390 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered (77449 Views)

Update: Otukpo Robbery Video Of Robbers Emptying Armoury❗️❗️ / Scavengers Seen Emptying Demolished Building While The Owner Was Away In Abuja / Olayinka Olaniyi, A Nigerian Is Guilty Of Defrauding Universities Of $6M In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by NairalandAngel(m): 9:14am On Feb 20, 2020
angry
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:14am On Feb 20, 2020
It is well.
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Kobicove(m): 9:14am On Feb 20, 2020
This scam method is not new, it has been around for sometime undecided

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by adenigga(m): 9:14am On Feb 20, 2020
libertyfather:

I know if only I go through a right source or if I downloaded the app myself, not like she making activate wht I don't need at that moment

You're on point!!!

4 Likes

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Zchi1052(m): 9:14am On Feb 20, 2020
This method has been in existence since...we must be careful not to fall for this anyway
Boys are not smiling

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 20, 2020
Ok sir
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Codes151(m): 9:15am On Feb 20, 2020
Old news
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by qanda: 9:15am On Feb 20, 2020
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by anonymousghost2(m): 9:15am On Feb 20, 2020
Mikehot:
I swear most of the fraud tricks na from una lectures boys they get update.

Dirty update
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Omotayoodubote(m): 9:16am On Feb 20, 2020
No be today
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by atheistandproud(m): 9:18am On Feb 20, 2020
An idiot called me with a phone number and said that my bank registration details had issues. I asked him "which bank?", he hesitated slightly and then said UBA, at that point I knew he was lying as I had no transaction with UBA at all. I decided to play along anyway so I asked him what the problem was. He said that it was an issue related to the spelling of my middle name and my date of birth so he would require my BVN to input the correct details so I don't stress myself.

I laughed and told him that if there was a problem, I'll go to the bank and sort it out myself. He then said "F*ck you, you're a bastard", I told him "You're an idiot, your father". Then he hung up.

Please be wise everyone. Good morning.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Tonyspecial(m): 9:19am On Feb 20, 2020
Good
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Chirowman(m): 9:19am On Feb 20, 2020
different fraud system been carried out everyday

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by DonMarkuzi(m): 9:20am On Feb 20, 2020
Old news
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Nickshrapnel: 9:22am On Feb 20, 2020
Later some people would say only greedy people get scammed
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 20, 2020
anonymousghost2:

Dirty update
Invictus obi was a nairalander too o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by foolbuster: 9:25am On Feb 20, 2020
libertyfather:

I know if only I go through a right source or if I downloaded the app myself, not like she making activate wht I don't need at that moment

Bvn is not really private. Nothing will happen to your account even if you publish your bvn on nairaland. Its just like an acct number.

8 Likes

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Qadaffi2idiamin: 9:25am On Feb 20, 2020
You should be alarmed if she had asked for BVN..

I think its a misstep by the person anyway
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by ignis: 9:25am On Feb 20, 2020
Only novice will fall for this.
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by PalmTree(m): 9:25am On Feb 20, 2020
worlexy:
This format has been on for quite a while na.

Another format is you receiving recharge card number as SMS from an unknown number and someone calling you back that you should not load the card and if you agree, he will later call you that his old man wants to appreciate and pray for you, and that's where the scamming will start from.

Spot on

3 Likes

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by mechanics(m): 9:26am On Feb 20, 2020
Thank God he didn't succeed.
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by NigeriaBam: 9:28am On Feb 20, 2020
grin Old Method Of Scamming cool Beware ...!!!
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by kenobi007(m): 9:28am On Feb 20, 2020
libertyfather:

Oga there is nothing wrong in what the gal did and she's wasn't fraudulent. She's just a marketer trying to market if you want a source to be convinced you could have asked for her office address and may be a business card. When your interested call her and pay them a visit at their office so your transactions Can count for her.

5 Likes

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 20, 2020
I'll just tell him to contact the bank...simples.

If you can't , I can't help you. Abi I look like bank. angry
Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 20, 2020
atheistandproud:
An idiot called me with a phone number and said that my bank registration details had issues. I asked him "which bank?", he hesitated slightly and then said UBA, at that point I knew he was lying as I had no transaction with UBA at all. I decided to play along anyway so I asked him what the problem was. He said that it was an issue related to the spelling of my middle name and my date of birth so he would require my BVN to input the correct details so I don't stress myself.

I laughed and told him that if there was a problem, I'll go to the bank and sort it out myself. He then said "F*ck you, you're a bastard", I told him "You're an idiot, your father". Then he hung up.

Please be wise everyone. Good morning.

LoL...at the bolded, he knew the game was up.

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by hekkyboi: 9:31am On Feb 20, 2020
chatinent:
Using OTPs is actually cheap scam but can ruin a community. Many gullible ones will still fall for it.
pls what's OTP?

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by wink2015(m): 9:31am On Feb 20, 2020
SOME NIGERIANS BANK OFFICIALS COULD BE THE INSIDE SELLING DETAILS OF NIGERIANS HOLDING HUGE FINANCIAL DEPOSIT WITH THEIR BANKS.

They sell this bank account details, phone numbers and other details with which this bad guys do the FINISHING !

Let all of us be SECURITY CONSCIOUS at all times so as not to fall victims to this nefarious fraudsters.

11 Likes

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by gosmoney(m): 9:31am On Feb 20, 2020
Thanks for d information

1 Like

Re: New Way Of Defrauding And Emptying Bank Account Discovered by richPHAROAH: 9:33am On Feb 20, 2020
nothing new or special here. if someone calls u to send the code sent to your phone and u do it u are just stupid. has nothing to do with new way to fraud

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cultists Caught During Initiation At Imo Secondary School (Photos) / Abasiesebanga Ikoiwak Accused Of Killing Her Husband, Godwin Ikoiwak / Two Slay Queens Fight, One Strips The Other Unclad, Tears Her Clothe (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.