Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Plastic Making In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Plastic Making In Nigeria? (12128 Views)

The Hidden Secret Of Money Making In Nigeria / Soap Making In Nigeria / Candle-making In Nigeria: Pls Guide Me With Ur Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plastic Making In Nigeria? by DANALI2: 11:37pm On Jan 23, 2006
Plastic Making Company

Can you advise me on what you feel about plastic making in Nigeria?
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by omon(m): 3:39am On Jan 24, 2006
There are dozens of Indian companies on this business in Nigeria.
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by IB7(f): 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2006
[b]Omon and your point is?  With regards, I must say thatz the problem with Nigeria.  She has no confidence in herself literally speaking.  And it shows on her people living away from the motherland.

Dan_ali, I think it's a brilliant idea.  Not only will it boost the economy in a small percentage it will also encourage other nigerians to become entreprenuers.  In contrast, do you know how many small moms and pops biz in america?  All in similar bizes. 

I am in the supply-chain management industry~Transporation, my company is a global firm and we service to many small bizes domestically all in the same industries.  And the owners varies from Hispanic, Indian, Middleastian, Jewish, Italian etc.  The percentage is very high and you wonder why America is so great......  different factors and your idea is one of 'em~it's good for the economy!

I say go for it even if many dozens of indian companies are already in nigeria doing the same thing.  It won't hurt but motivate if you are really serious about it.

Best regards,
I.B.
[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by dejiolowe: 9:54pm On Jan 24, 2006
I think this is one of the most brilliant ideas i v seen on NL. the indians and chinese manufacture poorly designed and crass products. it is time someone comes to start manufacturing sexy looking plastics. just like things we see in jand. u can also extend it to advertisement stands and stuff (those things they put on cars and also hang on streetlites). u r a smart dude!
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by omon(m): 1:26am On Jan 25, 2006
@I.B, before you kill me, let me clarify myself. The point I was making is that the guy that was requesting information on plastics can acccess the already existing market available in Nigeria...
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by IB7(f): 1:29am On Jan 25, 2006
Oops, my fault. Apologies....

Regards,
I.B.
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by larger20(m): 8:15pm On Jan 25, 2006
Man can help (manufacturers association of nigeria)
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 6:05am On Jan 27, 2006
itz a good idea..dat indians r doing it in 9eria doesn't mean u can't....a familyfriend of ma family is doing da business in our town(nnewi AKA JAPAN OF AFRICA) and hez a billionaireeeeeeeee..go ahead and do it if u believe in urself
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by DANALI2: 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2006
THANKS GUYS GOD U, AM PUTTING UP PLANS IN PLACE AND AV JUST GOT THE LAND AND LOCATION....THE FACTS AND OPINION U GAVE IS WELL VALUED...ITS THE RAW MATERIALS I WAS WORRIED ABOUT,BUT STILL THANKS ALL cry
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by dejiolowe: 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2006
@dan_ali will u employ my sister in law?
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by ige13(m): 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2006
This is a line of business I am seriously looking at getting into in Nigeria. I have been doing some research online and have gotten quite vaste array of resources. I am currently based in Antwerpen in Belgium and looking at setting up an operation in Nigeria. It is a big market and just because some handful of Indians are doing it in Nigeria shouldn't put anyone off.....

Anyway, IB....... I would like more 411 on your company and if possible,, I would seriously appreciate getting them from you.or your company name, that way I can contact you guys and see what we can do together in the near future.BTW.my email is ige13bird@yahoo.com, if you can send me some 411.

Best regards
ige13
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by bayokolapo(m): 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2009
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smileycall me now i have a solution,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,08070509770 smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by KunleA2(m): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2009
From the little i know, plastic production has many types depending on what you want to make. There is INJECTION MOLDING, BLOW MOLDING, ROTO MOLDING among other things.

INJECTION MOLDING: This is the type that is used in making things like spoons and forks, combs etc

BLOW MOLDING: This is for things like jerry cans, juice container, motor oil container etc

ROTO MOLDING: This is for big containers like GP Tanks, Chemical Drums etc.

The cost of getting into these thing can be quite high but not impossible. Unfortunately, we Nigerians want quick profit. Nobody wants to produce anything. But you cant import your way to prosperity. You must produce! You must manufacture!

Its amazing how ppl have money to waste on Wonder Banks and Over-subscribed for First Banks stocks and other stock while they dont have money to establish factory. Everyone want to be an Armchair investor and prosper.

Why cant a public offering be sold to raise money for a mini-refinery in Nigeria? And situate it somewhere in Ondo Area (or Anywhere far enough to the Delta not to be problematic).

How about a state of the art Quarry plant somewhere in Ogun State? That can be done for about $20m - $50m depending on the size. Lots of tippers still wait in Long line for granite till today.

How about launching a communication satellite in Space for Nigeria only. Not owned by the govt but private sector. With a budget of between $250m - $500m. It can be done. We can be online, high-speed, and very cheap too.

And this is a country that people lost a fortune to Wonder Banks and recently bad loans  undecided running into BILLIONS of Nairas. Nothing to show for it!!
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by KMVBO(m): 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2009
@ Kunle-A. Well done, nice one
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by denny4ril: 12:26pm On Sep 06, 2009
dre s prospect 4 plastic making but u need to do ur survey well b4 investing in d biz. a lot of companies re in hot demand 4 such services
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by Voba: 7:38pm On Oct 15, 2009
@ Kunle_A. I totally agree with you on your observation. It is also mind-blowing what our politicians are alledged to stow away, instead of usiung these to set up factories and business that will take urchins off the streets.
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by duzz: 11:31am On Oct 16, 2009
If you are interested in plastic making you can send email to sales@primatronics.eu, we have over 47 model plastic production lines, from plastic pipe lines, Nylon bag line PE blow, blow mould lines etc

1 Like

Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by mastelpro: 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2009
Amitage Partners-SME consultants
Amitage Partners is a small & medium businesses consulting firm specializing in helping owners grow their businesses and their bottom line, by responding to entrepreneurs' need for practical business and marketing services to turn their innovative ideas into successful business ventures.
Lekan 017492114
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by baabaa: 6:10pm On Sep 29, 2011
What does it take to set up a local small plastic making factory that can produce chairs,plates,spoons and othe domestic plastic untensils.pls you can get me on my email-toparian2008@yahoo.com
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by oduz: 5:27pm On May 31, 2013
I've just located this thread, Between 2011 & now a lot has happened in this industry but nothing has happened on this thread'
I feel the need to refresh this thread,are there others with interest in this industry?

The Land is Green cool
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by Awoofawo(m): 9:52pm On May 31, 2013
Kunle-A:
How about a state of the art Quarry plant somewhere in Ogun State? That can be done for about $20m - $50m depending onthe size. Lots of tippers still wait in Long line for granite till today.

any more info about the above would appreciate!

1 Like

Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by rilolar1st: 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
PLASTIC PRODUCTION DEPEND ON YOUR COMPETENCY AND IT IS FAST BOOMING BIZ IF HAVE GOOD MACHINE GOOD PRODUCTION AND TIMELY DELIVERY THEN YOU ARE BIZ AND IF ONE WNT TO VENTURE INTO SUCH BIZ THEN THE PERSON MOST CAPITAL ENOUGH .

1 Like

Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by OBATIMO: 8:54am On Sep 13, 2015
Actually, When setting up a business, one should think of a business that cut across the rich, average and the poor. A case of Friesland Peak Milk and Promisador Cowbell: Peak was targeted for the rich and average while cowbell came with the most affordable market aiming at the least member of the society at just five naira. 10 families will buy Peak milk for breakfast, meanwhile over 100 will go for what they can afford (Milk na Milk). We can compete in our economy also by joining force to produce goods that will force the market monopolies to bow to the masses yearnings. Today, Friesland has been forced to produce affordable powdered and liquid sachet milks for them to stay in business.
#Thinkingoutloud.
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by bluebella(m): 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
Am looking for partners on setting up a plastic production plant, and other small/cottage industries.

Drop me a mail @okpakoandrew@gmail.com
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by Kushbaba(m): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
Please i am looking for this container jar most especially the cap for the packaging of my product please if you have any information on where i can get it please kindly let me know my number is 08060980057 or email me kushbaba247@gmail.com i will really appreciate your effort thanks

Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by zsch: 5:07am On Nov 07, 2017
Kushbaba:
Please i am looking for this container jar most especially the cap for the packaging of my product please if you have any information on where i can get it please kindly let me know my number is 08060980057 or email me kushbaba247@gmail.com i will really appreciate your effort thanks

Hi kushbaba, were you able to find this?
Re: Plastic Making In Nigeria? by princesspeace: 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
Please house, am also interested in take away plastic foil , the one market people uses now on daily basis that has different colours
I working on establishing such in east, but dont know how to go about it,such as machines ,the material or the cost generally for everything
Can anyone update me ?

(1) (Reply)

Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year / Starting A Television Cable Channel? / How To Log Out Of Your Old Opay Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.