Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Proprietary Trading / Institutional Trading / Hedge Fund - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Proprietary Trading / Institutional Trading / Hedge Fund (3561 Views)

Charges Against Hedge Fund Co-founder For FX Market Manipulation And Fraud / There Is A Demand For Master Hedge Fund Traders..... / US Based Boutique Hedge Fund Seeking Traders..!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proprietary Trading / Institutional Trading / Hedge Fund by ConarEnterprise(m): 3:08pm On Feb 20, 2020
After some months of trading the global market with focus on Forex, I wished to trade a big fund or become an hedge fund manager. The dream was so alive but very difficult because I don't even know how it will come. Later I started hearing about companies looking for traders but still don't understand how it works. It took me some time to know they are called Proprietary firms (Traders trade with the company's capital and share the profits with them). It was a happy day when I googled about prop trading and it's benefits.

It's obvious from my findings that if you're not a good / disciplined trader, you will not succeed with prop firms. Therefore, before you join any Prop firm, please sharpen your trading strategy very well. However, it will be a regret to a good trader to ignorantly deny himself the benefits embedded in trading with a prop firm. If your account size is $200 - $500 and you have managed it well, imagine if you apply the same strategy on a bigger fund. Anyway, the choice is yours.

As I continued to research on which Prop firm I should join, I found a couple of them online but that home factor came to my mind that how I wish any of them will have office in Nigeria like Forex brokers are doing, it will be a much comfort to me. There are different Prop firms out there with their T & C but if you're not careful, you will be trapped, though it depends on what you want.

I finally signed up with BluFX , got my account and the journey of a big fund trader has just begun. My first experience with BluFX is that they are not interested in how much money you're making but in HOW MANY PIPS you can make.

Please, if you have traded with any Prop firm, share your experience and if you have any reservation about trading with prop firm, also share your reason so we all can learn.

www.blufx.com.ng
90 Nornams Williams, Ikoyi Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Proprietary Trading / Institutional Trading / Hedge Fund by hensharw(m): 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hi, so i currently just joined Blufx Nigeria and i must say it really disciplines you in becoming a more responsible and professional trader as regards managing risks, draw down and also trading with little leverage. I have been trading for just less than 3 years and i feel i have required the basic skill to become a profitable trader with the right mindset and discipline, which led me to research what platform or firm could provide me with the opportunity of putting my acquired trading skills to the test.
I had my fears about signing up to a platform that lets you trade with as much as $25,000 capital because it sounded too good to be true but i took a leap of faith and joined Blufx and its been okay thus far. I am just 4% shy of reaching the 5% minimum target and its not as easy as i would have imagined considering the low leverage of the trading account. Hopefully i would achieve the 5% target and confirm if the withdrawal and profit sharing is for real. The only downside i have with Blufx is the fact that you have to pay a monthly subscription to have access to a funded account.
I am really optimistic about the idea of becoming a fund manager of over $1,000,000, and it would be a dream come true if i can achieve this goal and start a career path as one of the top Hedge Fund managers in the country.
Re: Proprietary Trading / Institutional Trading / Hedge Fund by ekesoft(m): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hello sir please can I have your contact wat to make some enquires
Re: Proprietary Trading / Institutional Trading / Hedge Fund by Uceeyjudy: 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2020
Hi, I just started my FOREX trading career journey and I have a couple of questions to ask you. Those of you already trading with BluFx, what is their target? Is it monthly, every 3 or 6 months? What is the maximum draw down to their account? and what number of pips are you required to make per month or percentage gain to the account, how is the profit shared between the trader and the prop firm? I am looking at subscribing for thier lite package and I want to know the details. Thank you
Re: Proprietary Trading / Institutional Trading / Hedge Fund by nnadivictorc: 8:24pm On Nov 03, 2020
Please can i have your number?

ConarEnterprise:
After some months of trading the global market with focus on Forex, I wished to trade a big fund or become an hedge fund manager. The dream was so alive but very difficult because I don't even know how it will come. Later I started hearing about companies looking for traders but still don't understand how it works. It took me some time to know they are called Proprietary firms (Traders trade with the company's capital and share the profits with them). It was a happy day when I googled about prop trading and it's benefits.

It's obvious from my findings that if you're not a good / disciplined trader, you will not succeed with prop firms. Therefore, before you join any Prop firm, please sharpen your trading strategy very well. However, it will be a regret to a good trader to ignorantly deny himself the benefits embedded in trading with a prop firm. If your account size is $200 - $500 and you have managed it well, imagine if you apply the same strategy on a bigger fund. Anyway, the choice is yours.

As I continued to research on which Prop firm I should join, I found a couple of them online but that home factor came to my mind that how I wish any of them will have office in Nigeria like Forex brokers are doing, it will be a much comfort to me. There are different Prop firms out there with their T & C but if you're not careful, you will be trapped, though it depends on what you want.

I finally signed up with BluFX , got my account and the journey of a big fund trader has just begun. My first experience with BluFX is that they are not interested in how much money you're making but in HOW MANY PIPS you can make.

Please, if you have traded with any Prop firm, share your experience and if you have any reservation about trading with prop firm, also share your reason so we all can learn.

www.blufx.com.ng
90 Nornams Williams, Ikoyi Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Bank Discriminates Against Disabled Customer / Start A Profiting Business Online [READ MORE] / How To Startup A Zobo Business....see Tips Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.