Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,037 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Surename And First Name Arrangement On Certificates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Surename And First Name Arrangement On Certificates (3202 Views)

WAEC Suspends Correction Of Date Of Birth On Certificates Indefinitely / Exam Sitting Arrangement In Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka / University Of Ibadan Exam Sitting Arrangement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surename And First Name Arrangement On Certificates by Engrmustyboss(m): 10:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
is there any problem if your first name came first before your surname on ur primary school cert and Degree certificate, while the remaining certificates surname came first before the first name.
Example
MUSA abba bukar in FSCL & Bsc
while
ABBA musa bukar in SSCE and other certificates.
plz help me out !
Re: Surename And First Name Arrangement On Certificates by Enwhen(m): 11:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
When u writing WAEC, right from the registration, they will always specify, Surname and other names, even during the exams, they will always do same for both WAEC, JAMB, and Degree.... I don't know u failed to follow their instructions.... But it's simple just go for affidavit, it should be able to cover it , for future purposes.... Yours is better than Sen. Degi, Abi Na Dergy or Adergy...if his is like this your , Lyon would have been the Gov of Bayelsa... Correct everything o, u fit GOv tomorrow and maybe President , so that it enemies will not see any fault in u.
Re: Surename And First Name Arrangement On Certificates by Engrmustyboss(m): 11:58pm On Feb 20, 2020
aiit ,thank u sir
Re: Surename And First Name Arrangement On Certificates by Juliearth(f): 4:52am On Feb 21, 2020
Engrmustyboss:
is there any problem if your first name came first before your surname on ur primary school cert and Degree certificate, while the remaining certificates surname came first before the first name.
Example
MUSA abba bukar in FSCL & Bsc
while
ABBA musa bukar in SSCE and other certificates.
plz help me out !

Your example up there is wrong. The capitalized name is always referred to as the surname so I see no reason why Musa and then Abba should be in upper case. If Musa is a your surname, representing it in either of these ways (below) is correct
MUSA, Abba Bukar
Musa, Abba Bukar
Abba Bukar MUSA (not conventional though)
The comma and/or capitalization sets out the name as the surname.

(1) (Reply)

Check My Result Out / Is Advance Diploma Frm University D Same With Hnd? / Unn Pume card, Past Pume Questions And Answers and accommodation For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.