Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,388 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates (33601 Views)

Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo Wants To Commit Suicide – Timipre Sylva / Certificate Forgery: Senate Says They Can't Sack Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo / Degi-Eremienyo: The Conflicting Names That Disqualified APC Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by fof1: 7:30am On Feb 21, 2020
fergie001:

https://punchng.com/i-didnt-forge-my-certificates-sacked-bayelsa-dep-gov-elect/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

ITS UNFORTUNATE. THIS GUY WAS MY CLASSMATE AT NGS ABONNEMA AKULGA RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA. CLASS OF 1976 TO 1981. BUT RECORDS AFTER 1981 ARE NOT KNOWN TO ME. I WISH HIM WELL THROUGH THIS TRAVAIL.

3 Likes

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Minjim: 7:30am On Feb 21, 2020
Awol1:
Since you were sacked, it's now you are finding your voice?

More like you took time buy off all those you are using their certificates and tell the schools whose names you are brandishing to fix some fixables so that you can make this claim.

You can't tell me the Abuja High Court was biased against you, and Supreme court too.

At this juncture, I don't know if your certificates are genuine anyway but maybe this wasn't meant to be.

You weren't meant to be a deputy Governor.

Modified.

I just watched the video attached to this news and saw that the man was reading a prepared speech.

Like WTF, somebody who claims to be educated up till Masters degree couldn't speak extemporaneously with visible anger to tell us these things?

Like he had to read it?

Mr Man go and sit down, you forged certificates.

Really!?

He bought off all his classmates in all the school he attended?
He bought off the records too?
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by odurombi: 7:33am On Feb 21, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:
One fun incident from my secondary school days.

On two continous assesment tests for a certain subject, I used my full name, and then my first name and surname for one subject. The teacher spotted that and called me and said that I should use just one set of names for all tests from now on, otherwise it could become a habit to the point that I would be having different names on my documents in future...

I suspect that's what happened to the Bayelsa APC deputy governor candidate. I believe all those coeritifcates of his are genuine. The problem is he kept on 'changing his name' or using different spellings of his name, or irregular spellings of his name in between schools. He should have stuck with the name he used in primary school onward.or the one he used in writing WAEC.

When seeing what the man is going through, I feel like hunting down that old secondary school teacher of mine and thanking him for some really good advice.

P.S The affidavit he filed only made matters worse IMHO...affidavits in Nigeria have been so bastardised that people filing them for legal and legitimate purposes look bad by comparison. Affidavit must have been something of a red rag to the Supremes.

That teacher did you a lot of good! If only this embattled governor had a kind and 'wicked' teacher (the way you probably had perceived him then when he corrected you) like yours, the narrative might have been different. On the other hand, I suspect something might be fishing. Why the belated response? Why has he chosen to rebuff an allegation, so to say, almost a week after it had cost him, the then governor elect, and his party the seat?

Anyway, I wrote an essay warning that paying attention to little things is a virtue to critically covet.

'Son and 'Sons: When a spelling error can prove fatal
'Banji Odurombi
Earlier this month, my attention was drawn to an article published on BBC news website on the importance of good spelling. Particularly intriguing was a related news addendum on the page of one Mr Philip Davison-Sebry who had sued Companies House (which listed on its website as part of its functions 'to register all business firms in the UK and 'close a company) for £8.8 million for a spelling error that he claimed dealt a devastating blow on his business firm. What actually happened?

A company by the name Taylor & Son (singular) had filed for wound up with Companies House in 2009. However, what Companies House actually registered and made public was that Taylor & Sons (plural) (which is another business name, that of Mr Philip Davison-Sebry's firm) had wound up. Of course the obvious mix-up was letter 's'. In his testimony, Davison-Sebry claimed that he lost his best customer, a potential £3 million contract, among other things because of the spelling error. Though the error was corrected three days later, the damage had already been done as Mr Davison-Sebry claimed his business clients and suppliers couldn't be convinced that his firm hasn't wound up. Describing the impact of the fatal error, Mr Davison-Sebry's lawyer said, "The business of the company was, effectively, irreparably destroyed. The business was damaged so as to become of no value." Though Companies House denied that there is a link between their 'wrong action and the failure of Mr Philip Davison-Sebrys company, in March this year, BBC reported that the two parties "have agreed to confidential terms of settlement and the case has now concluded."

In a similar case, one Pentecostal church in Nigeria had sent one of her pastors abroad to establish a branch of the church there. In no time the church prospered. Subsequently, the mother church in Nigeria felt the need to transfer this pastor abroad elsewhere and trouble brewed and it ended in court. This pastor took the case to court, claiming the church was his and established that the branch of the church he pastored abroad has no connection with the mother church in Nigeria. His claim was that the name of his church is Prayer and Word Pentecostal Church (not real name), not The Prayer and Word Pentecostal Church, which is the name of the mother church in Nigeria. Of course, in a clime where significant importance is attached to seemingly insignificant details like the number of times a footballer touched the ball on the field, number of passes completed in a match, assists provided, etc., the pastor won. The error—omission of article 'the'—willed ownership of the church to him.

As an undergraduate, I had wished I stayed abroad too. I knew I could claim damages for being misled by a bank advert encouraging fresh students to open an account. The advert of the bank read: "Open an account and win a laptop". I had pointed a friend's attention to the advert and joked that if I were in the UK or US, I would have opened an account with the bank and would have immediately requested my laptop—the promised aftermath of opening the account. So I said to my friend that the advert should have read: "Open an account and stand a chance to win a laptop". Unfortunately, a number of Nigerian commercial banks still semantically default in their adverts.

And there is the story of a man who had planned vacationing with his wife but the wife could not make it eventually. He went alone nonetheless but kept in touch with his wife via telegram. During this time, he had something to share with his wife. He went to the telegrapher and dictated the following words to the telegrapher: "Having a nice time, wish you were here." However, the telegrapher typed and sent the following: "Having a nice time, wish you were her." Obviously just letter 'e' is missing in that statement but its omission ruined the intended message and probably the marriage too.

The impact of an error can be devastating. Everyone is prone to error, Nigerians would say, but why make it an ambition and a nature!

The article had been published earlier this year in The Punch Newspaper by the author.
http://olabanjititles..com/2017/10/viewpoint_31.html?m=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Openbusiness: 7:33am On Feb 21, 2020
So the Supreme Court just declared someone forged certificate without indisputable proof? Wow! If this is true and it is proven that this man did not forge any certificate, then the Supreme Court is a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Minjim: 7:35am On Feb 21, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

On two continous assesment tests for a certain subject, I used my full name, and then my first name and surname for one subject. The teacher spotted that and called me and said that I should use just one set of names for all tests from now on, otherwise it could become a habit to the point that I would be having different names on my documents in future...

I suspect that's what happened to the Bayelsa APC deputy governor candidate. I believe all those coeritifcates of his are genuine. The problem is he kept on 'changing his name' or using different spellings of his name, or irregular spellings of his name in between schools. He should have stuck with the name he used in primary school onward.or the one he used in writing WAEC.

When seeing what the man is going through, I feel like hunting down that old secondary school teacher of mine and thanking him for some really good advice.

P.S The affidavit he filed only made matters worse IMHO...affidavits in Nigeria have been so bastardised that people filing them for legal and legitimate purposes look bad by comparison. Affidavit must have been something of a red rag to the Supremes.

If a woman changed her median name what can she use to back it up but affidavit.

A woman can marry 4 men in her life time and use affidavit all thru. That's what affidavits are for whether it's abuse or not. It's the only legal avenue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by fof1: 7:38am On Feb 21, 2020
oyeb15:
The deputy governor post isn't his first public office in Nigeria.
Mary Odili is a corrupt and influential judge and she's d only reason Wike is still humble to Peter Odili d former governor till today. A lot of judgement have been brokered from clients -wike-Mr Odili -Mrs Odili in this country.
Why do you think governors like Fayemi, Fayose,even Atiku etc paid courtesy visit to Wike at a time of their court cases.Dont u know Ikedii Ihedioha of Imo was fighting with Wike at a time.

It's high time EFCc dig up d file of this woman.Though many APC beneficiaries of her fraudulent judgements will kick.

Remove Mrs Odili and Wike will become an ordinary governor cos Nigerian judgements are brokered in the capital city of Rivers.

Most Nigerians don't just read between d lines. We fall for cheap blackmail.

Stupid Fools,Paid Agents Prowling everywhere. Go and Prosecute Her. Ewu.

3 Likes

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by ruggedtimi(m): 7:39am On Feb 21, 2020
DavidEsq:

Ijaw name dey hard to pronounce, even to write sef and as na hausa and Yoruba ppl full waec and jamb, na bend dem go jus bend the man name grin grin grin grin
You have said it all bro, As an ijaw man Several times my surname has been misspelled or pronounced wrongly in official documents.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by fergie001: 7:39am On Feb 21, 2020
fof1:

ITS UNFORTUNATE. THIS GUY WAS MY CLASSMATE AT NGS ABONNEMA AKULGA RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA. CLASS OF 1976 TO 1981. FORM 5B.
Sir...what name(s) was he using then?
I know it's been a long time, though.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Femeto: 7:40am On Feb 21, 2020
Your multiple names killed you. You must be a yahoo yahoo. U should be arrested for forgery and fraud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Jerryembassy91(m): 7:43am On Feb 21, 2020
Lol..how many sworn affidavits do you want him to bring??
Simply the man is foolish...why couldn’t he fix all this shit before coming as deputy gov.
Also if truly all was his certificate, then why does it take him so long to address the press also why must he be reading from that script..

Esseite:
Waec certificates verifiable means then was just the Candidates name and Candidate No... yours came with different names without sworn affidavit, how do you expect this to scale through?...

1 Like

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by fof1: 7:47am On Feb 21, 2020
fergie001:

Sir...what name(s) was he using then?
I know it's been a long time, though.

His First Name at 1976/77 Session under the School Principal Mr. C. OGAN. But I Left b4 Him.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by kennyz247(m): 7:47am On Feb 21, 2020
eedimo:
story story
At your suppose level of education, you should have known the effect of those names.

But wait ooo...

How did he get admission from those institutions with the preceding names?���
,my brother the thing Taya me, during screening all dis were not noticed!I think the university he attended need to be closed for allowing such irregularities

1 Like

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Ibime(m): 7:50am On Feb 21, 2020
To be honest, with Ijaw names, all of the above could be his names.

He is someone who has been named after a phrase, plus he has middle names. Most times the phrase is shortened, but sometimes you use the full phrase. On top of that, as a child you may not be able to spell your full Ijaw name, neither may your parents if they're unlettered, resulting in different name registrations in.different schools.

For example, my daughter's birth certificate says Achusi but the full form of the name we have her is Achusitamunopirime.

3 Likes

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by fergie001: 7:51am On Feb 21, 2020
fof1:

His First Name at 1976/77 Session under the School Principal Mr. C. OGAN. But I Left b4 Him.
Thank you, Sir
Why he opted to change that name for his wasc is worrisome. Well, na e sabi.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by ruggedtimi(m): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2020
Jerryembassy91:
Lol..how many sworn affidavits do you want him to bring??
Simply the man is foolish...why couldn’t he fix all this shit before coming as deputy gov.
Also if truly all was his certificate, then why does it take him so long to address the press also why must he be reading from that script..

reading from the script because is exactly what his lawyer wants him to tell the press.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:55am On Feb 21, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Who are a you?
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:57am On Feb 21, 2020
Talknochip:
Hmmm.
The man ordeal may be a product of his early days ignorance or naivety!

But, what the majority that voted him and his party are passing through is a product of INEC's failure, DSS's shoddy job and APC's party leadership foresight failure. (they should have dropped him the moment the issue went to court).

I was also having three surnames when i was growing up. I made a decision to stick to only two of them when i was to resit for my WAEC. But, my primary sch cert, first SSCE, Diploma cert, all bear the three surnames differently.

He has a great task ahead of him in proving his innocence!

story
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Ibime(m): 7:57am On Feb 21, 2020
fof1:

What was the first name of C Ogan Sir? I know an Ezekiel Ogan who was a school principal but unaware that he worked in Abonnema.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:57am On Feb 21, 2020
Super stories for BMC
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Jabioro: 7:58am On Feb 21, 2020
You have multiple names..and that ia all
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by DarkJeddi(m): 8:22am On Feb 21, 2020
noleflendum:
We all know
Mary Odili is one of the IPOB miscreants
Her cup would soon full
You must be having Nightmares about IPOB in your dreams.. shocked

Wetin come drag IPOB enter Bayelsa election?
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by AriwaMendieta: 8:26am On Feb 21, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
smiley

Wole Olanipekun SAN as already started work... PDP minions going about shouting forgery would soon learn bitterness of politics when Wole Olanipekun does what he knows best

[/s]
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by AriwaMendieta: 8:27am On Feb 21, 2020
[s]
post=86827221:

You know what to do Mr Bioba....
Simple sturvs!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Successlane: 8:33am On Feb 21, 2020
nony43:
Oga let me gist you the latest, if you are applying for a student visa abroad especially in the UK, the inconsistencies in your names has already denied you the visa. They will tell you that Degi and Adegi are not the same

I blame both APC & INEC for not detecting the irregularity during their so called thorough screening.

@the bolded:

Well said.

A friend called that he had issue during Ibtc Pension verification exercise.

His employment letter reads Solo (first name) while his NIMC card reads Solomon.

He had to swear affidavit in court to confirm that Solo and Solomon are the same.

Funny world.

1 Like

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Brightest04(m): 8:39am On Feb 21, 2020
Please someone should tell this man that his offence is not that he forged his certificates,but he carelessly used multiple names on those certificates.And it is only big time 419s actors that does such thing.

1 Like

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by degab148(m): 8:49am On Feb 21, 2020
I guess he first changed his name when he had his first girlfriend, he added another when he got married.... I still don't get it, how a grown up man, a Senator and someone who i believe to know our constitution very well should be changing names like Chameleon, at least swear Affidavit, abi dey carry Affidavit swear for u?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by edoairways: 8:57am On Feb 21, 2020
Awol1:
Since you were sacked, it's now you are finding your voice?

More like you took time buy off all those you are using their certificates and tell the schools whose names you are brandishing to fix some fixables so that you can make this claim.

You can't tell me the Abuja High Court was biased against you, and Supreme court too.

At this juncture, I don't know if your certificates are genuine anyway but maybe this wasn't meant to be.

You weren't meant to be a deputy Governor.

Modified.

I just watched the video attached to this news and saw that the man was reading a prepared speech.

Like WTF, somebody who claims to be educated up till Masters degree couldn't speak extemporaneously with visible anger to tell us these things?

Like he had to read it?

Mr Man go and sit down, you forged certificates.
Is anything wrong in reading from paper or don't professors use written paper during conference?
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by edoairways: 9:02am On Feb 21, 2020
explosiveskull:
Village people
Leave village people out of this.

1 Like

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 21, 2020
edoairways:

Is anything wrong in reading from paper or don't professors use written paper during conference?

Was that a conference?

Somebody got sacked and he prepared a speech about it.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by edoairways: 9:11am On Feb 21, 2020
Awol1:

Was that a conference?

Somebody got sacked and he prepared a speech about it.
Prepared speech is allowed anywhere in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jubilation In Niger As Security Operatives Neutralise 100 Bandits (Video) / Demola Adeleke: I Went Back To School When People Said I Had No WAEC Certificate / Rivers: ADC Candidate & Deputy (Tonto Dikeh) Endorse Tonye Cole For Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.