Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates (33577 Views)

Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo Wants To Commit Suicide – Timipre Sylva / Certificate Forgery: Senate Says They Can't Sack Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo / Degi-Eremienyo: The Conflicting Names That Disqualified APC Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by armadeo(m): 9:11am On Feb 21, 2020
Talknochip:
Hmmm.
The man ordeal may be a product of his early days ignorance or naivety!

But, what the majority that voted him and his party are passing through is a product of INEC's failure, DSS's shoddy job and APC's party leadership foresight failure. (they should have dropped him the moment the issue went to court).

I was also having three surnames when i was growing up. I made a decision to stick to only two of them when i was to resit for my WAEC. But, my primary sch cert, first SSCE, Diploma cert, all bear the three surnames differently.

He has a great task ahead of him in proving his innocence!

Oga this is very funny sha. When the time comes you will know how far. How can you be bearing different names on different documents you want to represent you.

See as dem hack bayesla man now
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by thatigboman: 9:12am On Feb 21, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:
One fun incident from my secondary school days.

On two continous assesment tests for a certain subject, I used my full name, and then my first name and surname for one subject. The teacher spotted that and called me and said that I should use just one set of names for all tests from now on, otherwise it could become a habit to the point that I would be having different names on my documents in future...

I suspect that's what happened to the Bayelsa APC deputy governor candidate. I believe all those coeritifcates of his are genuine. The problem is he kept on 'changing his name' or using different spellings of his name, or irregular spellings of his name in between schools. He should have stuck with the name he used in primary school onward.or the one he used in writing WAEC.

When seeing what the man is going through, I feel like hunting down that old secondary school teacher of mine and thanking him for some really good advice.

P.S The affidavit he filed only made matters worse IMHO...affidavits in Nigeria have been so bastardised that people filing them for legal and legitimate purposes look bad by comparison. Affidavit must have been something of a red rag to the Supremes.
I concur. I believe the Deputy Governor elect. Happened to me as well.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by armadeo(m): 9:16am On Feb 21, 2020
fof1:

ITS UNFORTUNATE. THIS GUY WAS MY CLASSMATE AT NGS ABONNEMA AKULGA RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA. CLASS OF 1976 TO 1981. BUT RECORDS AFTER 1981 ARE NOT KNOWN TO ME. I WISH HIM WELL THROUGH THIS TRAVAIL.

Brooooos.

We greet oh. Hailings sir.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 21, 2020
edoairways:

Prepared speech is allowed anywhere in the world.

Including struggling to pronounce written words?

What are you defending?

Take him to Edo to replace Philip Shaubu in the coming election in ur state.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by GoodGovernance: 9:31am On Feb 21, 2020
The Supreme Court comprises of mediocre and political judges.

The electoral law disqualifies a candidate, based on false information.
''Supreme'' court disqualifies a candidate based on inconsistent information and label it forgery ,a criminal offence that was not proven beyond reasonable doubt.

If I use different names on my certificates does that mean they were forged or the information therein are false?

What a calamity!

Some people are comparing this case with that of Visa application whereby your names have to be consistent,I say another calamity!.

The Visa rules stipulates name consistency,the Nigerian electoral law only talks about false information to be disqualified..Until amended that remains the law!

Hightime we stopped comparing apples and oranges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 21, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Dansuqi: 9:48am On Feb 21, 2020
fergie001:

In Primary School....probably 10-12 years old. Can you do that now?

....Compared to a man who even has an MBA and even went on changing names after BA?

Have you read the full judgement?
Have you asked why he did two affidavits in approximately one month? Precisely, on the 9th of August and 18th of September 2018 before another Notary institution which he refused to name?

Haba
This does not completely prove forgery
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Stallione(m): 9:51am On Feb 21, 2020
Awol1:
Since you were sacked, it's now you are finding your voice?

More like you took time buy off all those you are using their certificates and tell the schools whose names you are brandishing to fix some fixables so that you can make this claim.

You can't tell me the Abuja High Court was biased against you, and Supreme court too.

At this juncture, I don't know if your certificates are genuine anyway but maybe this wasn't meant to be.

You weren't meant to be a deputy Governor.

Modified.

I just watched the video attached to this news and saw that the man was reading a prepared speech.

Like WTF, somebody who claims to be educated up till Masters degree couldn't speak extemporaneously with visible anger to tell us these things?

Like he had to read it?

Mr Man go and sit down, you forged certificates.

Modified deux

I just recalled the disaster we encountered when David Lyon was speaking after INEC declared him winner.

I remember he couldn't construct simple sentences.

Now this is his supposed educated deputy who is supposed to make up for Lyon's educational deficiency. He, too, is another intellectual disaster.

Bayelsa dodged a bullet!
Honestly bayelsa really dodged a bullet,the english jagon that comes out from the mouth of lyon is nothing to write home abt.

2 Likes

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by fergie001: 9:51am On Feb 21, 2020
Dansuqi:

This does not completely prove forgery
I will respond to that when you show me cause of proof that you have several names even with an affidavit.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Shafon: 9:52am On Feb 21, 2020
yanabasee:
Bayelsans should be grateful with Mrs Odili's judgement as a man with many names is a man with multiple personalities on trickery.

Bayelsa just escaped from excessive looting...... from a man with multiple names.

This same man was a senator under PDP and he was celebrated like die. The same certificate was presented. Think!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Stallione(m): 9:54am On Feb 21, 2020
noleflendum:
We all know Mary Odili is one of the IPOB miscreants Her cup would soon full
Shameless apc cow talking undecided
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by mechanics(m): 10:13am On Feb 21, 2020
They are not saying he forged his certificate, the names on the certificates has to be the same thing all through, even in the banking system, once a name is misspelt, he or she won't see alert.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Bizibi(m): 10:14am On Feb 21, 2020
edoairways:

Prepared speech is allowed anywhere in the world.
so if you were accused you stole yams,you will prepare a written note to address the people abi....you see why many of you allow people like that man to represent you in the Senate.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by edoairways: 10:19am On Feb 21, 2020
Bizibi:
so if you were accused you stole yams,you will prepare a written note to address the people abi....you see why many of you allow people like that man to represent you in the Senate.
It is called press conference hence you are at liberty to choose which method you feel to deliver message
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by edoairways: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2020
Awol1:

Including struggling to pronounce written words?

What are you defending?

Take him to Edo to replace Philip Shaubu in the coming election in ur state.
Perhaps yours would be better
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by agyo(m): 10:29am On Feb 21, 2020
How many change of names will he show to cover this incessant change of names?

The guy is a guru in Change of Names...

Lostz:
Your job is to prove with 4 change of name affidavit.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Talknochip(m): 10:30am On Feb 21, 2020
armadeo:

Oga this is very funny sha. When the time comes you will know how far. How can you be bearing different names on different documents you want to represent you.

See as dem hack bayesla man now
lol... i am not bearing different names. what i meant was that, some of my older documents are bearing three of my surname. while others are bearing 2. but i made a decision to stick with just two of those surnames when i wanted to resit for my WAEC. one of the surname has remained constant in all my documents. many atimes, the banks choose or drop one of the names due to lack of space or so when they are issuing me their ATMs.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Mires: 10:40am On Feb 21, 2020
This man with five names should respect himself and accept that the fault is holistically his in particular, and that of Minister of State for Petroleum, Mr. Sylva and APC leadership in the person of Adamu Oshomhole.

Why will he want the learned Judges of the Supreme Court of Nigeria to invite him to explain why he's entitled to five different names as a person? The Judges did the needful by assessing the certificates he presented. That's standard practice every where in the world. Same why prospective employers assessed certificates of job seekers.

I keep saying APC and Dave Lyon should settle down and strategized ahead of 2023. That's if the incumbent will be stupid enough like his predecessors not to work and endeared the people of Bayelsa to himself and his party.

For record, opposition does not win election. Incumbent do lost election. That was the case of Lyon and PDP in Bayelsa.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by 04kaa: 10:44am On Feb 21, 2020
You didnt forge but u changed ur name more than 4 times already during ur lifetime. anyone that changes names has an ulterior motive or a criminal past its just common sense, all this bayelsa, people they usually think the rest of us nigerians are uneducated. buhahahaha

My GOD , how can a human being change his name 4 times , only in nigeria .. only in the zoo called naija

A man that changes his name, laughable only women are allowed to change their name and thats only because of marriage and it delusion, thats it, anything apart from a woman is a no no. u must bear ur name and u cant change nada grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by comrChris(m): 10:59am On Feb 21, 2020
Why is it that our politicians find it very hard to accept their mistakes? Isn't this man supposed to be apologizing to bayelsans and his supporters? This man don't have any case here abeg

1 Like

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by athorello(m): 11:01am On Feb 21, 2020
Patode:

1. DEGI BIOBARAGHA [1976]
2. ADEGI BIOBAKUMO [1984]
3. DEGI BIOBARAKUMA [1990]
4. DEGI BIOBARAKUMA WANGAGHA [2002]
5. DEGI-EREMIENYO BIOBARAKUMA [2019]

Same person is a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and wanted to be a Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State.

This is the Identity- Management Information that the U.S. is using to restrict Nigerians from Immigrant Visa.

This case isn't too strong jor. It's not even forgery. If either of the first or especially the second name wasn't there, I don't see any mismatch in the names.
It's possible for someone to use only 2 names in primary and secondary schools and add a 3rd name in your university as long as your first name is unchanged.
My late dad used his middle name (Dennis) and uncle's name (Heaven) as surname in primary school. �
He changed that in secondary school, i.e, completely different firstname and lastname.
This is an interesting case because I don't see any suggestion to the fact that the forgery case was proved beyond reasonable doubt.

Buhari has different set of names without a certificate and no court could sack him although his results are verifiable. I'm not understanding.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 21, 2020
agyo:
How many change of names will he show to cover this incessant change of names?

The guy is a guru in Change of Names...

he bought different certificate from people with similar names.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Ibime(m): 11:07am On Feb 21, 2020
04kaa:
You didnt forge but u changed ur name more than 4 times already during ur lifetime. anyone that changes names has an ulterior motive or a criminal past its just common sense, all this bayelsa, people they usually think the rest of us nigerians are uneducated. buhahahaha

My GOD , how can a human being change his name 4 times , only in nigeria .. only in the zoo called naija

A man that changes his name, laughable only women are allowed to change their name and thats only because of marriage and it delusion, thats it, anything apart from a woman is a no no. u must bear ur name and u cant change nada grin grin grin grin

04kaa!

All 4 names he presented mean the same thing when translated to English.

They are all just Ijaw versions of the same phrase.

It's like someone using Mohammed as a child, then being informed to use Mohammad or Muhamadu as an adult because that is what his parents intended rather than the Arabised version

We have a footballer in UK called Ademola Lookman. I'm sure if his parents knew better, they would spell it Lukman. Later when he comes to awareness of the correct spelling, he might decide to start using Lukman in school.

The judgement lacks cultural sensitivity.

2 Likes

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by In4matic: 11:33am On Feb 21, 2020
This is just a miscarriage of Justice....

Being from the Niger Delta but attended primary and junior secondary school in Northern Nigeria (Maiduguri/Bauchi), I can tell you for free that no two of my results bore the same name...

The teachers / Examiners just wrote whatever they deemed my name was.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by kay7: 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
GoodGovernance:
The Supreme Court comprises of mediocre and political judges.

The electoral law disqualifies a candidate, based on false information.
''Supreme'' court disqualifies a candidate based on inconsistent information and label it forgery ,a criminal offence that was not proven beyond reasonable doubt.

If I use different names on my certificates does that mean they were forged or the information therein are false?
[b][/b]

What a calamity!

Some people are comparing this case with that of Visa application whereby your names have to be consistent,I say another calamity!.

The Visa rules stipulates name consistency,the Nigerian electoral law only talks about false information to be disqualified..Until amended that remains the law!

Hightime we stopped comparing apples and oranges.

The point of law here is that there is a mistake as to the identity of the subject matter. One person in law cannot bear different names at different times. This is fraudulent! Names are meant to identify a person uniquely. You can’t just change this unique combination at will except if you have an ulterior motive. A trend has been proven here. The changes occur five times in someone’s lifetime! Who does that?! And the first and fifth names don’t even resemble each other, neither is there a link. Let’s look at this matter objectively without bias. There is a mistake to the identity of the subject matter. The Supreme Court is very right to disqualify him. He should be prosecuted sef.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Afospecialk: 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2020
Awol1:
Since you were sacked, it's now you are finding your voice?

More like you took time buy off all those you are using their certificates and tell the schools whose names you are brandishing to fix some fixables so that you can make this claim.

You can't tell me the Abuja High Court was biased against you, and Supreme court too.

At this juncture, I don't know if your certificates are genuine anyway but maybe this wasn't meant to be.

You weren't meant to be a deputy Governor.

Modified.

I just watched the video attached to this news and saw that the man was reading a prepared speech.

Like WTF, somebody who claims to be educated up till Masters degree couldn't speak extemporaneously with visible anger to tell us these things?

Like he had to read it?

Mr Man go and sit down, you forged certificates.

Modified deux

I just recalled the disaster we encountered when David Lyon was speaking after INEC declared him winner.

I remember he couldn't construct simple sentences.

Now this is his supposed educated deputy who is supposed to make up for Lyon's educational deficiency. He, too, is another intellectual disaster.

Bayelsa dodged a bullet!

Cry me a river

The son of a Dick mr Dickson who appears to be an educated thief representing PDP and online mumu like you

What has he achieved for Bayelsa over 8 years in office?

Bunch of looters roll together
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Mires: 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
Shafon:

This same man was a senator under PDP and he was celebrated like die. The same certificate was presented. Think!!!!

I. wonder how some Nigerian youths come out to the public domain to exhibit their ignorance in a bid to defend their political affiliation. The fact that when he was in PDP as elected Senator, the law didn't catch up with him doesn't in any way suggests that the law was non existent. Rather opposition party(ies) were ignorant of existing law which it/they would have used to their advantage.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by akdjr(m): 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
My question is, what if after investigation and verification it is discovered that all the certificate with the names belong to him and none was forged? Pls lawyers in the house
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by CanadaOrBust: 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
shugabasbn:
I believed the man didn't forged his certificates but he found fun in changing his names. I did that when I was in primary school with stylish spelling until my headmaster told me I should get affidavit.
The court should have subjected the names into forensic screening. I see political undertones from the harsh judgement

U would have been right if he wasn’t A NIGERIAN POLITICIAN. They are great risk takers and quite corrupt and most of them are LUCKY they are not in jail or dead. Buhari could have been executed in 1984 for coup plotting. Tinubu could have been serving close to life in U.S., Atiku and his FOURTH wife should have been jailed, etc. So, for a person to become a TOP NIGERIAN POLITICIAN, it is highly likely these name changes are fraudulent.
Re: Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo: I Didn’t Forge My Certificates by Legendguru: 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2020
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Governors Set To Form A New Party - Peoplesdailyng.com / Abuja Residents Storm National Assembly With Lamps Over Lack Of Power Supply / Femi Fani-kayode: Aso Rock Chapel Will Not Be Shut Down, Remi Tinubu Is A Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.