Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine (69909 Views)

Anthony Joshua Stoms Fela's African Shrine Lagos Nigeria Video And Pic / Anthony Joshua And His Son, Joseph Joshua At Dubai Beach (Photos) / Yakubu Aiyegbeni And Anthony Joshua At The Gym (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by theculturenews: 5:49am On Feb 21, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ufbhQid3s

Anthony Joshua at the Afrika Shrine, prostrates to high priest Femi Kuti

World boxing champion Anthony Joshua is enjoying his stay in Nigeria, with a visit Thursday night to the Afrika Shrine in Ikeja Lagos, where he was hosted by the high priest, Femi Kuti.

Joshua was a humble champion all over again, as he prostrated to Femi, in the typical Yoruba tradition of greeting elders. Femi Kuti, successor to Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s afrobeats, is 57 years-old, while Joshua is 30 years old.

Joshua also presented his four belts to Femi, with the singer unexpectedly wearing one of the belts on his neck.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/02/21/anthony-joshua-at-the-afrika-shrine-prostrates-to-high-priest-femi-kutivideo/amp/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 21, 2020
I'm beginning to suspect some political undertone in this guy's movements.

From sleeping on the floor for Buhari...

To registering for NIN and making videos of it...

And now this.

What is he up to?

91 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by iamDrRhymes(m): 8:29am On Feb 21, 2020
I suspect that Buhari is about to honor Joahua with a national honor

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by voltron14: 8:55am On Feb 21, 2020
Why won't you have suspicion when you aren't proud of your heritage.

Successful people are often the first to reconnect with their roots.

Failures call their homes shitholes because a white man said so.

428 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by Babatunde40(m): 10:57am On Feb 21, 2020
I remember how Nigeria government, both FG and Lagos state, embarrassed themselves in 2018 when French president visited this Shrine.

They quickly tarred the road. Renovated the shrine. Blocked adjourning roads. Made the roads from the airport to the shrine look good. Just to create a facade of beauty. How shameful. I lost my respect for this government when they did that nonsense.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by Monaco2(m): 10:57am On Feb 21, 2020
This guy

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by irunoko(m): 10:57am On Feb 21, 2020
Anthony the wise elders said it's best to leave the stage when the ovation is loudest

Ebenezer obey sang taye baye e,korarashaye o,ayeoferan e aforieni

Not all the people celebrating you or smiling with you in the pictures I've seen so far are GENUINELY happy for you

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:57am On Feb 21, 2020
Cool Dude.

Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua,
A great guy full of #RESPECT.
That is One good and outstanding thing about the Yoruba tribe.

Awol1:
I'm beginning to suspect some political undertone in this guy's movements.
From sleeping on the floor for Buhari...
What is he up to?
Kiddo, Don't mind him jor,
atleast we are happy for him that he is not one of those that wakes up their people with karate kicks or boxing blows every morning.
Don't mind the boy jor! wink

We always love this picture so much,
Femi, chilling with Our Darling Daddy. tongue
Come on guys,
It's time for Selfie........

Oya now...... wink

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by ednut1(m): 10:57am On Feb 21, 2020
why cant he go and gatecrash wilder vs fury ehn. chicken

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:58am On Feb 21, 2020
What a very Handsome dude... kiss

Sexy eyes.
Great Body,
Respectful and jovial,
Always smiling (apart from when he is inside the boxing ring....of course not! cheesy)
..... Overall,
Fat, Very Fat Wallet!
OMG shocked

Ladies, are you with us ?

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by maxwelloweezy(m): 10:58am On Feb 21, 2020
My brother in the diaspora grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by mynaijadj(m): 10:58am On Feb 21, 2020
Anthony Joshua,please listen to Wizkid's advise and "Don't dull" because "a won eleyi won bad gan". Close eyes for a minute and your belts are gone. Awon set Shrine.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by AriwaMendieta: 10:58am On Feb 21, 2020
[s]
post=86833547:
Handsome dude
[/s]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by Creativebae(f): 10:58am On Feb 21, 2020
Okay.
Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by richPHAROAH: 10:58am On Feb 21, 2020
this guy is pissing me off. a country that bluntly rejected you when u needed them most, now u are here hyping the country?
angry angry angry

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by Lanretoye(m): 10:58am On Feb 21, 2020
hope he didn't take igbo there o

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by dejiolaniyan(m): 10:59am On Feb 21, 2020
Even though I'm a fan(hardcore) of his.Why am i having the feelings he's letting people get a feel of his belts while still his if later he got beaten by Deontey Wilder sad
I just hope he beats DW though!
Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 21, 2020
This guy is my role model. Love his simplicity

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by Freestainworld(m): 10:59am On Feb 21, 2020
;DBad guy, e wan reload something wey oyibo no sabi.
Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by Tunex252(m): 10:59am On Feb 21, 2020
Well done bro

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by Waytolife: 10:59am On Feb 21, 2020
While he's trying so hard to be local, we are trying all best to be pouch

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by smalline8(m): 10:59am On Feb 21, 2020
Audio Idobale grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by emeijeh(m): 10:59am On Feb 21, 2020
.....but when he wants to be introduced on British media, he is British and not Nigerian

Nonsense

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by wilemer: 10:59am On Feb 21, 2020
theculturenews1:
Anthony Joshua at the Afrika Shrine, prostrates to high priest Femi Kuti

World boxing champion Anthony Joshua is enjoying his stay in Nigeria, with a visit Thursday night to the Afrika Shrine in Ikeja Lagos, where he was hosted by the high priest, Femi Kuti.

Joshua was a humble champion all over again, as he prostrated to Femi, in the typical Yoruba tradition of greeting elders. Femi Kuti, successor to Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s afrobeats, is 57 years-old, while Joshua is 30 years old.

this guy is everywhere
Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by drealp: 11:00am On Feb 21, 2020
home sweet home no place like home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by hightempo(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2020
K
Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by SouthPaw24(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2020
This media act is getting too much. Obviously he's trying to appeal to the Nigerian masses (market). Or maybe he has recognized Nigeria as his goodluck charm coz he visited before he won his rematch.

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by yinkus6750(m): 11:01am On Feb 21, 2020
He needs to start preparing for his next fight.
All the media show off isn't what he needs to win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by irunoko(m): 11:01am On Feb 21, 2020
richPHAROAH:
this guy is pissing me off. a country that bluntly rejected you when u needed them most, now u are here hyping the country?
angry angry angry
exactly.i remember when they were insulting him calling him names .these people smiling with him won't hesitate to lash him when the tides change.awon alabosi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua At The New African Shrine by ignis: 11:01am On Feb 21, 2020
Champion

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pogba's Reaction After Messi's Goal. The Look On His Face Is Epic! / When Jay Jay Okocha disciplined Oliver Kahn during match (Throwback) / Messi Surprises A Blind Boy With Life-changing Glasses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.