Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language (10965 Views)

Tinubu Returns, Runs Into Yoruba-fulani Crisis / El-Rufai & Yahaya Bello Storm Ekiti To Support Fayemi Ahead Of Election / Bola Tinubu Storms Ekiti To Campaign For Fayemi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by uuzba(m): 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
scribble:
they should do a fulani version too, so all abokis go fit understand
The people that speak English in this nation make no impact on its affairs after all their long school . It's the language people that make things happen in this country
Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by GermanMelania: 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
Boyooosa:
One day, this nation will be great again.
I'm seeing Confederated Nigeria...
I know of one major advantage; competitiveness among the states, thereby, enforcing speedy growth.
On the other side, the major con is In the fact that Aristocratic style of government will be built in so many states of the nation (Africans way) again and thereby, draw them 106 years back...

What would a list of these draw backs be?.

Confederal System of government, Good or Bad?

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Tmb78(m): 1:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

why do u like to stress ursef? cant u see person moniker??
you are right bro, his moniker aptly describes him.Though,the sofisticated part is in doubt grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Tmb78(m): 1:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
uuzba:

Abeg, please write it in Yoruba. so that the day the law is broken, they won't say, it's because it was English, my English is not that strong. I didn't understand it well...
kai,you understand Nigerians wella. grin

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by GermanMelania: 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
aremuforlife:

It is very necessary, most of France citizen can read or write english but they are not taught in English

There is nothing bad if the SW interpret her constitution in Yoruba language

Eurocentricism is a strong drug. Pan africanlists are confused. The focus should be on economic power and protection of undue outside influence. Not to force everyone to eat bread
Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by OlawaleBammie: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
Tmb78:
you are right bro, his moniker aptly describes him.Though,the sofisticated part is in doubt grin grin
lol
Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Gordieshegz(m): 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2020
Flier:
Its unnecessary,Majority of Yorubas can read English

Don't be too sure bro..
Until you get to churches and see numerous opened bible pages written in Yoruba..

Or Imams speaking Yoruba to Muslim congregants

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2020

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by ProtectMyMoney: 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
fairfora:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/378161-amotekun-ekiti-to-translate-law-others-into-yoruba-language.html

Amotekun should translate laws into Yoruba and Hausa language...that is when it will make sense.
Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2020
Flier:
we are the most educated of all the tribes in Nigeria and the most intelligent with apologies to nobody. The motive behind the translation of the laws into yoruba language is known only to the intelligent ones. If you know, you know .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:
Yoruba Muslims
I'm the OP on this thread and a Christian. Ekiti constitutes majorly Christians too. Mind you, Christians or muslims, we are one. We share a common goal and we're not threat to each other. We are from same source.

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Gbadebo19(m): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2020
Never has Nigeria been this divided since the end of the civil war
Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Tmb78(m): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
fairfora:
I'm the OP on this thread and a Christian. Ekiti constitutes majorly Christians too. Mind you, Christians or muslims, we are one. We share a common goal and we're not threat to each other. We are from same source.
All igbos on this forum think erroneously that we yorubas here are all Muslims hence their usual chants: afonja Muslim.
I always wonder if they think we Yoruba Christians don't have a mind of our own or some shit like that or that we are too docile to call them out on their shit

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by WeRblessed(f): 6:05pm On Feb 21, 2020
Flier:

As in, English is your first language. If you and your family members can speak fluent English, many uneducated and half-educated ones need it translated in their local dilate so they can understand it better.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 21, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Ilu nla,ilu ekiti ilu ologo..Ekiti is gonna be great and will keep getting great and better..home of hospitality and filled with great men and women...okun o.get ur aluminium windows fabricated by us.please check#irepekiti
The truth is, we the Ekiti people don't make noise. We are a great state already. The only heritage we have is education and that has taken us far both home and abroad. In music, we dey dia. Shade adu, the multi talented singer and Grammy award winner is from Ekiti, teni and her sister niniola are from Ekiti...likewise late victor olaiya, who died a couple of weeks ago...what of ayefele? Ebenezer obey had an Ekiti root. His father relocated to abeokuta and gave birth to him there. What of legal luminaries...wole olanipekun, who would head the Bayelsa guber case review is from Ekiti. Afe babalola, the prominent lawyer who owns abuad, a private university is from Ekiti...femi falana, the renown lawyer and human rights activist is from Ekiti...and the list is endless. We have the largest number of professors in nigeria till date. My uncle is an emeritus professor of economics in one of the US universities. The world would soon hear about my humble self too. I'm an entrepreneur of repute and my name rings a bell, both home and abroad. I've dined and wined with world presidents, including Barack obama. We are great.

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
aremuforlife:

It is very necessary, most of France citizen can read or write english but they are not taught in English

There is nothing bad if the SW interpret her constitution in Yoruba language
same with Germans. About 70 per cent of them understand and speak in english fluently. But they're never going to speak in english until you make the move.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Perfecttouchade: 6:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
fairfora:
The truth is, we the Ekiti people don't make noise. We are a great state already. The only heritage we have is education and that has taken us far both home and abroad. In music, we dey dia. Shade adu, the multi talented singer and Grammy award winner is from Ekiti, teni and her sister niniola are from Ekiti...likewise late victor olaiya, who died a couple of weeks ago...what of ayefele? Ebenezer obey had an Ekiti root. His father relocated to abeokuta and gave birth to him there. What of legal luminaries...wole olanipekun, who would head the Bayelsa guber case review is from Ekiti. Afe babalola, the prominent lawyer who owns abuad, a private university is from Ekiti...femi falana, the renown lawyer and human rights activist is from Ekiti...and the list is endless. We have the largest number of professors in nigeria till date. My uncle is an emeritus professor of economics in one of the US universities. The world would soon hear about my humble self too. I'm an entrepreneur of repute and my name rings a bell, both home and abroad. I've dined and wined with world presidents, including Barack obama. We are great.
Ekiti to the world..I'm proud to be one,I'm also from a Royal home in ipoti. We are born great and we live to excel anywhere we find ourselves. Nice meeting bros

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Dareal90s(m): 8:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
Igbodicool:

Yoruba this strong but cannot deal with ordinary herdsmen.
Hahahahahaha son of a fallen demon is confused!
Which herdsmen? D ones in Enugu raping ur mothers or the ones dat want to help u do vigilante? grin

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by SpartanKing: 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2020
Amotekun will be a crass failure: A cheetah is always good at running away, rather than fighting! In a nutshell, it prefers FLIGHT to FIGHT! They rightly used the cheetah emblem to represent what we know that they are: Cowards!
Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Igbodicool(m): 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
Dareal90s:

Which herdsmen? D ones in Enugu raping ur mothers or the ones dat want to help u do vigilante? grin
You mean Ekiti?
Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Ekiti to the world..I'm proud to be one,I'm also from a Royal home in ipoti. We are born great and we live to excel anywhere we find ourselves. Nice meeting bros
Wow! I'm also from upoti ala, omo amewe eni jiyan. Ulu barrister omotosho of blessed memories, ulu oba ajigunna bioyibo, oba onifaari. Are you related to oba ajayi ajigunna's family? I do not even know the name of the current reigning king, lol. We hardly go home but I schooled in that town, up to secondary school before I left in the early 90s. All the best and nice meeting you.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Perfecttouchade: 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2020
fairfora:
Wow! I'm also from upoti ala, omo amewe eni jiyan. Ulu barrister omotosho of blessed memories, ulu oba ajigunna bioyibo, oba onifaari. Are you related to oba ajayi ajigunna's family? I do not even know the name of the current reigning king, lol. We hardly go home but I schooled in that town, up to secondary school before I left in the early 90s. All the best and nice meeting you.
I don't visit home too bro..I have my contact in my signature.. I'm so glad. Hopefully I will be visiting Villa soon on works.please patronize my services o. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Dareal90s(m): 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
Igbodicool:

They will do the vigilante for us but they will help the WASTE in their skull mining business.
Better, dey shld continue doing d vigilante there o nd continue stretching ur mothers punna, at least a slave must make his master feel like a king.
Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by RachelRaxxxATK: 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2020
Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Lastmankc(m): 11:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
fairfora:
Guy, no let me vex for you? How can you say christian and head slammers are one?
Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Igbodicool(m): 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2020
Dareal90s:
Better, dey shld continue doing d vigilante there o nd continue stretching ur mothers punna, at least a slave must make his master feel like a king.
In Nigeria as at today we know the descendants of the fallen demon serving the descendants of Ishmael.
Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Dareal90s(m): 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2020
Igbodicool:

In Nigeria as at today we know the descendants of the fallen demon serving the descendants of Ishmael.
Yea, we know those that voted a Fulani Atiku and planing on voting Buhari in 2023 also we know them that stoop so low just to beg the Hausa/Fulani's to allow them stay in the north. tongue

The 1st class slave to d North nd to Ijaw.

Re: Amotekun: Ekiti To Translate Laws Into Yoruba Language by Igbodicool(m): 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
Dareal90s:
Yea, we know those that voted a Fulani Atiku and planing on voting Buhari in 2023 also we know them that stoop so low just to beg the Hausa/Fulani's to allow them stay in the north. tongue

The 1st class slave to d North nd to Ijaw.
I am a proud Igbo son of the East.
You really don't worth any further replies.
Are you not ashamed that the only person your hypocritical tribe can vote is an international disgrace.
We don't reinforce failure, we're classical business men when we see bad market we'll know.
For now don't bother yourself about 2023 which you are not sure of, just enjoy your yoruba slaves-Fulani master relationship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Commissions Borehole Projects, Road  in Edo North (Photos) / Rivers Police Chief Attacks Amaechi / Nigeria Slightly Improves On Corruption Fight; Ranks 144th – Transparency Intern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.