Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here (36446 Views)

Man Lies On A Gutter For His Pregnant Wife To Pass (Photos) / Did Your Aunty Or Older Relative Disvirgin You As A Boy. Share Here / Tiv Elders Ban Traditional Marriage Festivities, Peg Expenses At N100k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by chewwie(m): 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2020
Amstupid:
I know dis one , whenever I swallow d seeds I will be down throughout DAT day nd be thinking of which tree to be grin
I went hours without water cos I was scared of watering the seed in my stomach
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Justpassingby2(m): 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
Drinking coconut water makes you dull
When a bird poo on your head, it will make you brilliant
Don't cross the leg of a pregnant woman cos it will make them give birth to a co join twins
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Legendguru: 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
Lol
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by noblealuu: 9:12pm On Feb 22, 2020
nazablossom:
Chai! So, it's nationwide cheesy

National myths... cheesy maybe we should tell it to Buhari so that he will run away and abandon Aso Rock grin

1 Like

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Comedian2019: 9:33pm On Feb 22, 2020
odukoko:
don't Bleep a pregnant married woman,if you do you will be a pauper until the child is able to know money!.if you do and the child die in child birth,you don enter one chance be that�
Why would you even do that?

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Kennyideal(m): 9:39pm On Feb 22, 2020
Pounding an empty mortar....

Na ur mama bwess u dey pound o
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by kachistone: 10:10pm On Feb 22, 2020
Don't eat anything that has fallen on the floor because of satan has eaten it

1 Like

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by arryjosh(m): 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Neroiam:
Dem tell me say if my tooth falls, i no throw am ontop zinc, another one no go grow grin grin
Those days....they tell us to add like 5 goat shi^t and 5 small stones b4 you throw it.

1 Like

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by baylrc4real(m): 11:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
This is true when they said Hard work pays. Question is which type of Hard work.....is it the type of a bricklayer to a senator no it's not. The Hard work here is talking about mental work. Best in Business, lawyers , accountants, doctors, senators , president even world powers like USA and China uses this intelligence to surpass others. Hard mental work is called wisdom. without wisdom you are nobody or like empty gallon making noise like brick layer.
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by izibili44: 12:00am On Feb 23, 2020
senator with a reason.Apart from making laws in Nigeria,They are also wrestler in the making.U no dey see when dem dey fight royal rumble.is wrestling not a hard work, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Amstupid:
OK, I give up cool
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by MoIbrahim: 1:52am On Feb 23, 2020
If you yawn without closing your mouth with your hand the mouth would stay permanently open and fixed like that grin
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Dandas: 3:02am On Feb 23, 2020
Growing up i heard that if you chop off a duck head and cover it mortal, it will turn to snake.....

Chai...our olden days parent and uncles Lies be like erosion wey dey fight volcanos

Imagine growing up, dem tell us say make we no go bend down for market, because some people leg no dey touch ground.... chai
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by ThatFairGuy: 7:30am On Feb 23, 2020
Nigeria go better. angry
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Temiel(m): 8:44am On Feb 23, 2020
Dandas:
Growing up i heard that if you chop off a duck head and cover it mortal, it will turn to snake.....

Chai...our olden days parent and uncles Lies be like erosion wey dey fight volcanos

Imagine growing up, dem tell us say make we no go bend down for market, because some people leg no dey touch ground.... chai

That last one though. My grandma shared some years ago about an experience of seeing hoofs in place of human legs in the market where she had gone to get some things. She had bent down to pick some things she dropped and then turned her face to the side to see the horse hoofs. She got up and saw no horse around.
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:13am On Feb 23, 2020
Amstupid:
I don't know how this is "true" though....

Some uncles and sisters with mamas self told me if I whistle with my mouth in a hot afternoon, snake will come out and bite me .....

share if you have one.

Never to fart into a mortar! U will never eat and be bellyful or satisfied again
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by bossinc: 1:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
My mum sent my younger brother and spat on the ground, thereby instructing him to hasten up otherwise if the spit dries up, his navel will rotten.
My younger brother spent the whole day playing and I was in fear � but nothing happened.
Love ❤ you mum for your special care.
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by rinzaugustine: 11:47pm On Feb 24, 2020
Lol

1 Like

Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by LebenNG: 9:26am On May 26, 2021
Go to school, have good grades then you will have money and ladies will be the ones to chase you
Yeah when you go to school as a lady, a rich good man will coman marry you or when you keep your virginity your husband will treat you like egg and will never be cross with you forever Hahahaha
Re: Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here by LebenNG: 9:30am On May 26, 2021
Amstupid:
I fear oo
or if you fetch water by carrying it on your head, you will never grow tall.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Trip To Abraka to see my son / "My Wife Sleeps With Her Pastor" - Leonard Dilkon , Ex Reps Member / Beautiful Pictures Of My 80year Old Grandmother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.