Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire (51264 Views)

He Was Not Like That Before, Could It Be Because He Won Counselorship Election? / Violence At APC Mega Rally In Kano / Ekiti Election : Man Destroys His Permanent Voters Card (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
helinues:
Ordinary councillorship election..

Almost average Nigerians have lost their sanity..

Councillorship election primaries(PDP)
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by Kuficking: 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2020
Wow

Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by Seytex: 8:13pm On Feb 22, 2020
'as giving up before but now I gave up on Nigeria.. on top what? councillorship election.
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by Rodjoshempire: 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2020
Chai Mr Enyinnaya rest in peace. So painful.
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by aalangel(f): 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2020
Kendroid:
According to report reaching us, there was chaos in Unwana Afikpo North LGA of Ebonyi state today, 21st February, 2020 as counselorshop election held in Unwana town hall ended in violence when a man was shot, a lodge occupied by students of Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana was set on fire, a student was burnt in the process, and fire ravaged properties into ashes.

According to one of the youths who spoke on condition of anonymity, the landlord of the lodge (popularly called Eze Ogo) who happens to be the Local Government cordinator in Unwana ward shot someone during the election, this led the angry youths of the ward into violence. The angry mob proceeded to a lodge which belongs to Eze Ogo and set it on fire without considering the students who were inside the apartment.

The flame and smoke from the building was much as a result of the high rate of fire, two rooms and properties of students were destroyed and burnt to ashes in the lodge which is located close the ward market popularly called "Big Market" in Unwana. Efforts was made by neighboring lodges and some SUG officials present during the incident to put off the fire. No life was lost in the fire incident, but a student who was inside one of the rooms was seriously burnt and was immediately rushed to the school medical center for treatment and is still in a critical condition.

It's Councillorship not Counsellorship. Even the mods didn't correct it.

2 Likes

Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by mechanics(m): 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2020
That's wrong of them, violence don't pay at all.
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
Starhearts:

U be munmun ooo.

Wetin dey sweet ur belle
Your munmun to reply the sweet my belle
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by PlaysNigeria: 8:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
Animals in Human skin! #SMH
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by Joystark(f): 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2020
Kai.

Why?
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by DonMarkuzi(m): 8:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
PicLtd:

I'm confused, is Uchenna Ibiam the shooter who is being shielded or the dead guy who was shot? Pls clarify and give the names and pictures.

Name of Shooter is Uche Ibiam, first picture while name of the victim is Enyinnaya Uche Ibiam. They are actually cousins .

Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by DonMarkuzi(m): 8:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
PicLtd:

You have his picture?

That's the young man's picture from FB.

Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by Maziaugment(m): 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
DonMarkuzi:

Name of Shooter is Uche Ibiam, first picture while name of the victim is Enyinnaya Uche Ibiam. They are actually cousins .

What?? Cousins?

That guy is a devil. Has he been arrested? What's the police saying about it?
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by chubinwa(m): 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2020
Ebonyi with their barbaric actions sometimes is nauseating. upon all the effort Dave Umahi is putting in place to bring civilization, yet they still chose to leave like the barbarians. Buffoons
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by DonMarkuzi(m): 8:57pm On Feb 22, 2020
Maziaugment:

What?? Cousins?

That guy is a devil. Has he been arrested? What's the police saying about it?

Hiding. We trying our best to arrest the criminal.
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by Maziaugment(m): 8:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
DonMarkuzi:

Hiding. We trying our best to arrest the criminal.

Rest in Peace Enyinnaya.
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by noblealuu: 9:06pm On Feb 22, 2020
CaptainMitch:
His name is Honourable Uchenna Ibiam coordinator Ubeyi Development Centre.

Abobi how far... wetin the sup. It's been awhile.
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by noblealuu: 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2020
CaptainMitch:
Yeah but if the villagers are tired of them, my family can help out.

The family has constituted a lot of mayhem in Unwana. It's high time the people rose to say enough is enough.
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by Mike4S: 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2020
Umahi should be blamed for imposing him to the LCDA. The Unwana community I know once burnt their house but the government of Umahi has empowered them such they can do anything and go scot-free. The younger brother AKA Terror is also part of Umahi's led government. Let's watch and see how Umahi is going to react.
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by chumaxe(m): 9:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
This one that Nigerians are cooperating with the Police abeg we want to hear that this guy has been arrested, tried and prosecuted..... Else we will resort back to Jungle justice for the deceased....
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by Bruno531(m): 9:29pm On Feb 22, 2020
ursullalinda:
Wait oh....for ordinary counsellorship election?......the coordinator should be made to face justice......that is if he doesn't have a god father that will shield him from justice.......we need to take away money from politics.....that's the only way to retire most of the evil men in politics.
And the media Aid of the governor was shouting yesterday they the election was free and faire. God punish am

1 Like

Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by DonMarkuzi(m): 9:34pm On Feb 22, 2020
Mike4S:
Umahi should be blamed for imposing him to the LCDA. The Unwana community I know once burnt their house but the government of Umahi has empowered them such they can do anything and go scot-free. The younger brother AKA Terror is also part of Umahi's led government. Let's watch and see how Umahi is going to react.

Let's see how the Governor will handle this.
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by CaptainMitch: 9:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
I am fine my brother, I will be around Easter. How your ends and your twin bro?
noblealuu:

Abobi how far... wetin the sup. It's been awhile.
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by CaptainMitch: 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Umahi is very silly for imposing this notorious gangster, once I have access to the governor, I will make my reservations known, the governor likes to empower thugs for election purposes.
Mike4S:

1 Like

Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by noblealuu: 9:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
CaptainMitch:
I am fine my brother, I will be around Easter. How your ends and your twin bro?
. He's fine, in Enugu.
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by CaptainMitch: 9:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
That's good,its been a while.
noblealuu:
. He's fine, in Enugu.
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by CaptainMitch: 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
They are not cousins or related just similar names.
DonMarkuzi:

Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by ursullalinda(f): 9:47pm On Feb 22, 2020
NwaEzefuNaMba:

No be councillorship election o! Na the primaries!

The matter weak me oh.....which way Naija?
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by DexterousOne(m): 9:48pm On Feb 22, 2020
CaptainMitch:
Before and after, May his soul rest in peace

Please take that photo down

Respect the dead please
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by CaptainMitch: 9:50pm On Feb 22, 2020
Noted and done
DexterousOne:

Please take that photo down

Respect the dead please
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by CaptainMitch: 9:51pm On Feb 22, 2020
Umahi always appoints notorious cultists into positions for electoral purposes
chubinwa:
Ebonyi with their barbaric actions sometimes is nauseating. upon all the effort Dave Umahi is putting in place to bring civilization, yet they still chose to leave like the barbarians. Buffoons
Re: Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire by Kendroid: 9:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
aalangel:

It's Councillorship not Counsellorship. Even the mods didn't correct it.
Alright, thanks for the correction!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Primate Olabayo’s shocking predictions About 2015 General Election / Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom / Jubilation As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.