Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Which Football League Is The Best In The World? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Which Football League Is The Best In The World? (24757 Views)

Poll: The Best Is:-

English Premier League: 67% (149 votes)
Spanish La Liga: 18% (41 votes)
Italian Serie A: 2% (6 votes)
French Ligue 1: 0% (0 votes)
German Bundesliga: 2% (5 votes)
Holland Eredivise: 0% (0 votes)
Nigerian Premier League: 8% (19 votes)
Other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Which football club and player do you hate most? / Which Football Club Is Most Likely To Win The Uefa Champions League This Season / Which Football Club Are You Crazy About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by Gbenge77(m): 5:37am On Nov 05, 2011
La liga,absolutely technical football
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by PJAMES1(m): 6:17am On Nov 05, 2011
I have always thought the Epl is unquestionably the best but the la liga guys are actually putting in a strong argument that can make one re-think and examine the issue. I still think the Epl is the best and you can prove me wrong with right arguments. (1) The Epl has a large number of followers especially in england. Hardly can u see an empty stadium in the epl. Even teams that are on the risk of being relegated have a large number of fans. (2) the epl has a lot of youth acadamy that can boast of being succesfull. Although barca's academy might be the best in the world but there are many good ones in England eg. That of Arsenal and Southampton. (3) the Epl is full of surprises. Very strange things happen in the epl like the thrasing of arsenal and man utd by man utd and man city respectively, the victory of arsenal over chelsea, the comback of newcastle last season against arsenal who are leading 4 nil. (newcastle got a draw). The relegation of brimingham that won the carling cup, the decisions of the match officials among others.(4) the epl can boast of about 8 teams who are capable of doing well in europe unlike laliga that can boast of about 4 or 5 teams. (5) why do u think players just coming to the epl struggle at first. Football is more difficult and demanding in England. The pace is just electrifying.(6) if barca and madrid are to come to the epl, they may not win any trophy the first season bcus its small teams like stoke, everton, newcastle, west brom that will make them lose points. For people claiming the two best players in the world are at spain. I agree but the best league can't be determined just like that. If the wealthiest person on earth is a Nigerian, does that mean Nigeria has the best economy in the world. The epl has its own stars-rooney, silva, lampard, mata, v.persie, etc. These players can't be written off as they have their own strengths. Then a lot of football stars have played and developed in the epl. Stars such as henry, c. Ronaldo, beckham, lampard, gerrad, micheal owen, viera, pires etc. Have played in the epl before. There are also a lot of good coaches in the epl. The quality of the matches are also good. I think the epl is the best.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by sebastinta(m): 7:23am On Nov 05, 2011
dayokanu:

If you bring Barcelona and Madrid to Epl it would also turn to a2 team league cos they are the 2 best teams in europe

Bullshit!!!!!! barca always finds it diff to beat chelsea cos of dere strength, m not saying dey cant win the league nd m nt saying dey ll win it either, dey r jst in d same rank has, man u , chelsea & arsenal, even man city.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by frankjoe(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2011
La Liga is a joke! their matches are too cold for me to watch. With all the hype about talented players and skills, i can only see Messi and Ronaldo scoring hat-trick every week. I only watch Madrid vs Barcelona cus they are one of the best no doubt.

All the La Liga fans here don't watch other matches apart from Barcelona vs madrid, but i can watch any EPL match any day any time.

La Liga make me sleep all the time.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by okosodo: 8:02am On Nov 05, 2011
epl at least for the next 80 years
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by onchefx: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2011
pls. elucidate more,best in what respect,it in terms of players welfare,or the competitiveness of the game,or skills,or is popularity.what do you mean.pls explain
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by onyebaba(m): 8:39am On Nov 05, 2011
EPL, Any day.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by Reference(m): 8:49am On Nov 05, 2011
EPL of course, if we are talking about the sum of all parts of a league, players, technical, officiating, administration, revenues, profitability, publicity, drama, etc.

It is the league that attracts the highest foreign investment with even league one teams in ownership from half the world away.

Practically every top coach wishes to handle EPL teams and most that have journeyed away wish to return. If I'm not mistaken it boasts of the longest serving active coach of a regular title contender.

Most players who leave even in the twilight of their careers move onto better things due to quality care.

No other league boast of broad based quality. EPL teams dominate Euro CL and Europa Cup competitions to the latter stages and finally,

The EPL has reinvented the game and attracted more fans to football in general. I know many people who didn't care about the game a few years ago but are now avid followers simply because of the excitement. The entertainment value is just unrivaled.

The EPL is one long 9 - month soap opera. There's drama week in week. Madrid, Barca or Bayern scores six - so what. United, City, Pool, Arsenal or Chelsea scores four and discussions block communications all week.

One can go on and on and the best of all with the recent results it appears the gods of soccer appear to be smiling on them. Best package by far.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by maik: 9:11am On Nov 05, 2011
EPL remain the best because you will enjoy watching all EPL matches,stoke vs west Ham,QPR vs Bolton etc. but in spain people usually watch only Bacelona and Real Madrid ,Bacelona vs Granada , Real Madrid vs Levante etc.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by Afam4eva(m): 9:18am On Nov 05, 2011
The EPL is the best yet the champions league has been going to spain and Italy for the past few years.

The best teams in spain has been beating the best teams in the EPL silly in the UEFA champions league and you tell me the EPL is better. Anyway, whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 05, 2011
EPL is simply the best,you are only blind and brainless if you say anything contrary.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 05, 2011
EPL rules, nobody can deny that
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by dayokanu(m): 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2011
sebastinta:

Bullshit!!!!!! barca always finds it diff to beat chelsea cos of dere strength, m not saying dey cant win the league nd m nt saying dey ll win it either, dey r jst in d same rank has, man u , chelsea & arsenal, even man city.

Barcelona won the last two Champions league demolishing the best team in the EPL two times yet you say Barcelona is in the same rank with them?

Did you see how Barcelona demolished Arsenal every time they met? Infact ARsenal has only won one game vs Barca while Barca has won 4
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by dayokanu(m): 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2011
P.JAMES:

I have always thought the Epl is unquestionably the best but the la liga guys are actually putting in a strong argument that can make one re-think and examine the issue. I still think the Epl is the best and you can prove me wrong with right arguments. (1) The Epl has a large number of followers especially in england. Hardly can u see an empty stadium in the epl. Even teams that are on the risk of being relegated have a large number of fans.

PJames

1. The La Liga also has a lot of followership and

(2) the epl has a lot of youth acadamy that can boast of being succesfull. Although barca's academy might be the best in the world but there are many good ones in England eg. That of Arsenal and Southampton.

talking about academies England probably has the worst academies in the world.

Compare their academy products to La Liga and lets see. Tell me how many WPOTY EPL academy has produced

Compare their academy products to Xavi, Raul, Iniesta, Fabregas Torres, Messi etc

(3) the Epl is full of surprises. Very strange things happen in the epl like the thrasing of arsenal and man utd by man utd and man city respectively, the victory of arsenal over chelsea, the comback of newcastle last season against arsenal who are leading 4 nil. (newcastle got a draw). The relegation of brimingham that won the carling cup, the decisions of the match officials among others.

3 . Every league is full of surprises. Last season Hercules beat Barca at Nou Camp, Levante beat Madrid

(4) the epl can boast of about 8 teams who are capable of doing well in europe unlike laliga that can boast of about 4 or 5 teams.

4 You said the EPL has 8 teams who are capable of doing well? Name them and tell us their achievements in Europe in Recent times

La Liga has Barca who has won the CL, Real played semi finals in 2011, Villreal played Semi finals in 2006, Valencia played the finals in 2001, Atletico madrid who won Europa cup in 2010, Sevilla who won Europa cup in 2006 and 2007, Valencia who won UEFA cup in 2004, Espanyol who played Europa cup final,

That means Barca and Real won the CL, Valencia played the finals, Villareal played semi, Atletico, Sevilla, Valencia won the Europa

(5) why do u think players just coming to the epl struggle at first. Football is more difficult and demanding in England. The pace is just electrifying.

Fernando Torres a useless striker from La Liga came to the EPL and scored over 20 goals in his first season,
Aguero who is an average La Liga striker is topping the scorers chart in England right now, Mata is dominating Chelsea now, The current best player in EPL now is David Silva who was just an above average La Liga player in his days.

(6) if barca and madrid are to come to the epl, they may not win any trophy the first season bcus its small teams like stoke, everton, newcastle, west brom that will make them lose points. For people claiming the two best players in the world are at spain. I agree but the best league can't be determined just like that. If the wealthiest person on earth is a Nigerian, does that mean Nigeria has the best economy in the world. The epl has its own stars-rooney, silva, lampard, mata, v.persie, etc. These players can't be written off as they have their own strengths. Then a lot of football stars have played and developed in the epl. Stars such as henry, c. Ronaldo, beckham, lampard, gerrad, micheal owen, viera, pires etc. Have played in the epl before. There are also a lot of good coaches in the epl. The quality of the matches are also good. I think the epl is the best.
Can you list the 8 EPL teams like that and their performances

Those players who claimed are stars ofthe EPL how do they compare to LaLiga stars like

Zidane, Rnaldo, Rivaldo, Figo, Kaka, Messi, CRonaldo. Between those players you have 11 World player of the year award. In the EPL you have 1. Now compare anyone to Xavi, Iniesta, Ozil, Di Maria

If those Van Persie, Henry and Beckham are what you call good players then La Liga have Gods
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by dayokanu(m): 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2011
Reference:

EPL of course, if we are talking about the sum of all parts of a league, players, technical, officiating, administration, revenues, profitability, publicity, drama, etc.

It is the league that attracts the highest foreign investment with even league one teams in ownership from half the world away.

Foreign investment? Dont you think some league are not that lax about allowing foreigners to own clubs? Do you think anyone would ever sell Madrid, Barca or Bayern to foreigners?

Practically every top coach wishes to handle EPL teams and most that have journeyed away wish to return. If I'm not mistaken it boasts of the longest serving active coach of a regular title contender.

The longest serving coach means the league is not competitive. How can you have a coach for 25yrs?
In La liga, Capello won the league he was sacked, Schuster won the league he was sacked, Rijkaard won the Champions league he was sacked Its EPL you can have a coach like Wenger who hasnt won anything for 6yrs and still has a job, WHAT A USELESS LEAGUE
Go and google about Guy Roux who coached Auxerre for 45yrs so we can say French league is the best?

Most players who leave even in the twilight of their careers move onto better things due to quality care.

Every footballer in a top league makes a lot of money and go on to do better things with their lives

No other league boast of broad based quality. EPL teams dominate Euro CL and Europa Cup competitions to the latter stages and finally,

Tell me which EPL team has dominated Europa? I can tell you Sevilla, Atletico, Valencia have won UEFA cup which EPL team has won recently

The EPL is one long 9 - month soap opera. There's drama week in week. Madrid, Barca or Bayern scores six - so what. United, City, Pool, Arsenal or Chelsea scores four and discussions block communications all week.
One can go on and on and the best of all with the recent results it appears the gods of soccer appear to be smiling on them. Best package by far.

EPL is a 9months soap Opera and which soap Opera a league that is most predictable. Its always Man Utd winning everytime.

Why is it that every EPL stars dream is to play in the La Liga Thheir best players always come to La Liga and not the other way round check

Beckham, Henry, Owen, Ronaldo, Fabregas etc, An EPL star is not fulfilled until he plays in La Liga. Why didnt Figo, Zidane Ronaldo, Xavi go to EPL.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by Afam4eva(m): 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2011
Hmm, Dakokanu is not smiling. I guess he has said it all.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by Debroslink: 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2011
DAYOKANU, MAY GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE, U HV SAID IT ALL!!!!!

EPL KO, EPL NII. LA LIGA JJJJJJOOOOOOOORRRRR!!!!

IF BARCA OR MADRID PLAY IN DAT OVER-RATED EPL, IT WOULD BE A 2-HORSE RACE!!!!!!

ONCE AGAIN, GOD BLESS U!!!
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by frankjoe(m): 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2011
La Liga sucks guys. It is a two team show always. Why are you guys only talking about Barcelona and madrid players? Base your argument on all the teams that play in La Liga. No one is denying that Barcelona and madrid are one of the best in the world.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by dayokanu(m): 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2011
EPL sucks. Its a 2 team show or cn you explain Why has EPL only been about Man Utd and Chelsea?. Since 2005 Chelsea and man Utd have been alternating the baton between themselves?

Since year 2000 Deportivo, Valencia, Barca and Madrid have won the La Liga while EPL its only Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd

The players ruling EPL now Torres, Mata, Silva, Aguero Are they Madrid or Barcelona players?

That shows that if Valencia had played EPL with Silva , Mata and Villa they would have won it 6 years in a row.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by coogar: 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2011
dayokanu:

EPL sucks. Its a 2 team show or cn you explain Why has EPL only been about Man Utd and Chelsea?. Since 2005 Chelsea and man Utd have been alternating the baton between themselves?

shattap, la liga is the 2-man team. e-p-l is a more competitive league than la liga and you know it. you bring up arguments like since 2005. . . ,
did football start in england in 2005? football started here in 1888 so let's do some arithmetic, shall we?

man utd are the most successful club in england and they have only won their league [b]19 times in 123 seasons [/b]of english football. real madrid are the most successful club in spain and they have won their league 31 times in 82 seasons in spain. it's like the other clubs in spain are dead for real madrid to be winning the league title at least once in less than 3 seasons.

la liga is a 2-man team. it does not end there. only barcelona and madrid have won the champions league in spain. in england, forest, liverpool, man utd, etc have won the champions league. it doesn't end there too. even the copa del rey(english fa cup equivalent) - barcelona have won it 25 times, real madrid 18 times. in england, man utd have won the equivalent which happens to be the oldest football competition on the planet - 11 times, arsenal(10 times), spurs(8 times), liverpool and aston villa(7 times). the competition is fierce in england than in spain.

Since year 2000 Deportivo, Valencia, Barca and Madrid have won the La Liga while EPL its only Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd

stop cutting the years. look at the statistics of both leagues historically.
football did not start in europe in year 2000 otherwise bayern munich have only won one champions league title - same as liverpool.

The players ruling EPL now Torres, Mata, Silva, Aguero Are they Madrid or Barcelona players?

the players ruling epl? i laugh in guardiola.
how many spanish players have won the pfa player of the season in england? how many of them have won the epl golden boot?
rule ko, throne ni.

That shows that if Valencia had played EPL with Silva , Mata and Villa they would have won it 6 years in a row.

and yet liverpool mopped the floor with madrid 5-0 aggregate in the champions league.
arsenal beat real madrid aggregate of 1-0 some seasons ago. i cannot count the number of times man utd have sodomized valencia in recent times.
dayo - you need to go and take a breather. when i am in town, stop misinforming the public with your beer parlour statistics.

la liga have no history in europe if you remove barcelona and real madrid from it.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by dayokanu(m): 11:10pm On Nov 05, 2011
coogar:

shattap, la liga is the 2-man team. e-p-l is a more competitive league than la liga and you know it. you bring up arguments like since 2005. . . ,
did football start in england in 2005? football started here in 1888 so let's do some arithmetic, shall we?

man utd are the most successful club in england and they have only won their league [b]19 times in 123 seasons [/b]of english football. real madrid are the most successful club in spain and they have won their league 31 times in 82 seasons in spain. it's like the other clubs in spain are dead for real madrid to be winning the league title at least once in less than 3 seasons.

The same Real Madrid have won 9 CL titles more than Any club in Europe, Can we also say the CL is a one team competition?

Madrid has shown that they are the strongest team in Europe, Common sense dictates that if this team were to be in any league they would dominate easily

la liga is a 2-man team. it does not end there. only barcelona and madrid have won the champions league in spain. in england, forest, liverpool, man utd, etc have won the champions league. it doesn't end there too. even the copa del rey(english fa cup equivalent) - barcelona have won it 25 times, real madrid 18 times. in england, man utd have won the equivalent which happens to be the oldest football competition on the planet - 11 times, arsenal(10 times), spurs(8 times), liverpool and aston villa(7 times). the competition is fierce in england than in spain.

Barcelona and Madrid are two of the best teams in Europe and have 13 CL between them, Definitely if they play in EPL or FA cup, They would simply alternate it between them like they do La Liga

the players ruling epl? i laugh in guardiola.
how many spanish players have won the pfa player of the season in england? how many of them have won the epl golden boot?
rule ko, throne ni.

Go check the exploits of players like Aguero, Silva, Torres, Mata in their various clubs, These were mediocre La Liga players oo

and yet liverpool mopped the floor with madrid 5-0 aggregate in the champions league.
arsenal beat real madrid aggregate of 1-0 some seasons ago. i cannot count the number of times man utd have sodomized valencia in recent times.

The same way Madrid mopped Tottenham on the floor 5-0 aggregates, Barcelona has impregnated Man Utd and Arsenal countles times, Even Valencia turned Arsenal to a punching bag while Sevilla turned Middlesboro to their ashi, Should I tell you what Atletico did to Fulham in the UEFA cup final? E be like Mortal Kombat

Go and watch Deportivo beating Arsenal Home and Away 4-0 aggregates

dayo - you need to go and take a breather. when i am in town, stop misinforming the public with your beer parlour statistics.

You know anytime I am around you should take your flawed analysis elsewhere or betterstill bring paper and pen and take jottings
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by coogar: 11:41pm On Nov 05, 2011
dayokanu:

The same Real Madrid have won 9 CL titles more than Any club in Europe, Can we also say the CL is a one team competition?
Madrid has shown that they are the strongest team in Europe, Common sense dictates that if this team were to be in any league they would dominate easily

stop arguing like you have never been to college before. . . . .

9 times in a competition that have spanned almost 60 years is not domination. that is ratio 1 to 7(approx). compare it to 31 times in 82 seasons.
christ - have you ever been a pupil of math? adult education classes you desperately need. we are talking about the strength of a league - you are talking about the best club. how many la liga clubs have won the champions league? how many english clubs have won the champions league.

this is not a debate of club versus club. it is league versus league. if more clubs in england have won in elite europe than the clubs in spain, then common sense dictates the league in england is stronger than the league in spain.
i have warned you. be at your sharpest wit when arguing with me.

Barcelona and Madrid are two of the best teams in Europe and have 13 CL between them, Definitely if they play in EPL or FA cup, They would simply alternate it between them like they do La Liga

speak with common sense. barcelona and real madrid have been able to do all those things because of the unfair revenue share in spain. if they play in the epl - the revenue will be equally shared like it's affected the finances of man utd, liverpool, arsenal, chelsea etc.
yet again, you are comparing club versus club instead of league versus league.

Go check the exploits of players like Aguero, Silva, Torres, Mata in their various clubs, These were mediocre La Liga players oo

of course they are mediocre la liga players in shyte clubs but now they are playing for rich clubs in man city and chelsea.
david silva should have gone to aston villa(valencia equivalent) or aguero should have gone to stoke city(athletico madrid equivalent) then the comparison would be fair.

The same way Madrid mopped Tottenham on the floor 5-0 aggregates, Barcelona has impregnated Man Utd and Arsenal countles times, Even Valencia turned Arsenal to a punching bag while Sevilla turned Middlesboro to their ashi, Should I tell you what Atletico did to Fulham in the UEFA cup final? E be like Mortal Kombat

yet again - club versus club comparison instead of league versus league.
historically, more english clubs have won in elite europe than the english clubs - yes or no? if the answer is yes - the league in england is stronger than the league of spain. the mere fact that only barcelona and real madrid have won it in la liga is the single reason the league is not competitive,

Go and watch Deportivo beating Arsenal Home and Away 4-0 aggregates

more club versus club comparisons. the original poster asked for the best football league in the world not the most successful club in the world.
i require your common sense in this debate. 20 clubs make a league, not the success of 2 clubs.

You know anytime I am around you should take your flawed analysis elsewhere or betterstill bring paper and pen and take jottings

i hope you can now smell your malodorous folly.
if you have any dignity left, don't come back.

the poster asked for the best league in the world - he wants to know the best bunch of 20 clubs in the world.
even a mosquito knows it's the english premier league.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by Solarbaba: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2011
La liga simply da best.premiership teams even comes to spain for player signing.premiership is more of rugby but la liga plays neat and professional football.Best team in spain(barca) supercede best team in england(man u).la liga has da best coach.Lastly, la liga has contribute immensely to spanish national team and that' why they keep winning titles and premiership contributed nothing and thats why english teams keeps going down.
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by afm4ever(m): 11:11am On Nov 07, 2011
epl na d best league in d world
Re: Which Football League Is The Best In The World? by jackacakes: 3:12pm On Jun 08, 2012
Anyone Who doesn't think the EPL is better than La liga, read this. It's an extract from a Wikipedia Page.

Association football is a national sport in England, where the first modern set of rules for the code were established in 1863, which were a major influence on the development of the modern Laws of the Game. With over 40,000 association football clubs, England has more clubs involved in the code than any other country.

England is home to, amongst others, the world's oldest association football club (Sheffield F.C.), the oldest national governing body (The Football Association), the first national team, the oldest national knockout competition (the FA Cup) and the oldest national league (The Football League). Today England's top domestic league, the Premier League, is one of the most popular and richest sports leagues in the world,[1] and is home to some of the world's most famous football clubs.

Without English Football, there would be no Spanish football either. England created Football. So...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Everton Vs Manchester United: Carabao Cup (0 - 2) On 23 December 2020 / Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 1) On 7th December 2013 / Manchester City Vs Burnley -( 5 - 0) On 22nd June 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.