Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja (42103 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Fragility6: 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
Brightgem:
Yeah, blame it on feminists. Listen, both men and women need to work on themselves in this era
You are sensible. The both needs serious work
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Fragility6: 12:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
snitchbitch:
All you will be hearing on the news is wife kills husband, husband murders his wife, I think we need some counsellors for our marriages, or guys what do you think?

Most women marry because of money, influence or social benefits, like royal family or rich dude,

And guys too marry for sex, but when the wife denies them, they start looking for side chicks to substitute, well I don't blame them, I blame the society!!!
Na society choose d woman for u? During dating u no see red flags

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Jaqenhghar: 12:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
MiddleDimension:
maybe i wasn't looking. but do you think it is a good thing not to look and mind one's own business?
It becomes my business when its up in my face. It becomes my business when it affects me, my well being, the ones I love, or the environment I live in.

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Bruno3000(m): 12:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
OceanOfJoy:
When my sis travelled to Abuja, she had married men trying to date her and being a no-nonsense type she was highly irritated.
nice one. she is my type. useless married men everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
dingbang:
maybe she handles divorce cases...
Except that
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Taywon: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
carpdiemz:

Don’t mind him , d way marriages crashes dis days is just like a broken girl friend and boy friend relationship, and dis won’t make men to marry on time cuz it means there would be a lots of available divorced women and single mum all around Naija don Dey turn America be dat
I tell u...
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Amarabae(f): 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
Op80:

I swear, there is one coming for me now. I have tried to connect to this guy to no avail. Whenever I see him, I get disgusted by his speech, reasoning, Outlook and everything. I have told myself that rather than marry someone like that whom I am not attracted and connected to, I will stay single because it won't be funny to both of us
Exactly, instead of suffering both yourself and him
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Americanboy35: 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
J111333:
This is just your sister's version of the story. grin
Chai, brother you no get joy o grin

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Snazzynho(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
Haymaykar:
As shared by Sandra Orokodo, an Abuja-based lawyer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sandraorokodo/status/1230838933375848454

At least, it's better than murder !
Shikenan!
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by toluwa1(f): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
This term called MARRIAGE, scares me a lot
...hmmm...
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Mcy56(f): 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2020
Mayhem999:
It is 4001 as we speak..
My neighbor filed his own application yesterday.
That his wife is too beautiful and won't stop attracting men like flies.
This is funny. grin
The same beauty that attracted him is now his nightmares. Men and lust, let him voice out what's actually in his mind.
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Exodora: 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
Fragility6:

Which novel is this?

Are you this stupid or is today a special occasion.
The father was away and the kid fell sick , she told the step mother but she thought the kid was joking so she ignored her. She starved the little girl even when she was sick she cared less , don't you think she is somehow responsible for her death.
Novel ko novel ni.

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Fragility6: 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
Exodora:

Are you this stupid or is today a special occasion.
The father was away and the kid fell sick , she told the step mother but she thought the kid was joking so she ignored her. She starved the little girl even when she was sick she cared less , don't you think she is somehow responsible for her death.
Novel ko novel ni.
U need Jesus. Dumb w*t
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Exodora: 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
Fragility6:

U need Jesus. Dumb w*t

Amen.And thanks but no thanks
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by neoeverest(m): 5:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
I disagree with you sweetheart. Don’t speak for someone else, even if s/he is your twin. Only speak for yourself period
OceanOfJoy:
Coming from a male disguised as a female, you should know all about that. grin

grin This is my sister I'm talking about, if i can't speak for her, you can? cheesy. She went to Abuja for work for some months, didn't grow up in Naija and not your typical Naija woman chasing married men. One was honest enough to tell her his wife and kids live in the U.S and wanted to date her but she still said hell nah grin. She's married to a great guy now but the stories I heard about the manhos in Abuja, smh.
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by AfrokanGod: 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
Rossinnki:

The trouble with that idea is that it deprives one of the parents of custody of the kids, unless of course they are cohabiting indefinitely.
They can cohabitate of share parental custody till the child is 18years
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by AfrokanGod: 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2020
lexy2014:

Sorry. It hasn't. Many get into it without preparing and get into it for d wrong reasons, hence this high rate of failure
The initial idea behind marriage as outlived its purpose, Women were meant to be properties and not equal partners. The early men thought they could control women forever but the more women become enlightened, the more rebelious they got, why do you think women had to take the name of their husbands?

The institution is no longer working and a new arrangement where men and women cohabitate is best
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by yemi1504: 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
Abso1uteZero:
With all these nairaland feminist running around, why won't there be a high divorce rate.

Exactly and with the high standards women have in selecting a man for marriage, no surprise IMO.
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by AfrokanGod: 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
henryobinna:
what is that purpose that it has outlived?
The purpose of enslaving women to Men. Women were never meant to be equal partners in the marriage, they were meant to be slaves to the men. But the mordern woman is way too Educated and enlightend to be any mans slave.
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by henryobinna(m): 5:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
AfrokanGod:

The purpose of enslaving women to Men. Women were never meant to be equal partners in the marriage, they were meant to be slaves to the men. But the mordern woman is way too Educated and enlightend to be any mans slave.
grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked grin grin

Ok,
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by lexy2014: 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
AfrokanGod:

The initial idea behind marriage as outlived its purpose, Women were meant to be properties and not equal partners. The early men thought they could control women forever but the more women become enlightened, the more rebelious they got, why do you think women had to take the name of their husbands?

The institution is no longer working and a new arrangement where men and women cohabitate is best

From what u have said, it is obvious that u don't no anything about "the initial idea and purpose of marriage". Who are d "early men" u referring? Are d "early men d creators of marriage? D late Dora Akunyili was enlightened. In fact, she was a professor, served as a minister of d federal republic of Nigeria & an accomplished public servant. Y wasn't she rebellious to her husband?
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by pressplay411(m): 6:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
OceanOfJoy:
Yup. Nigerians in Nigeria today marry for the wrong reasons
What is the right reason(s) if I may ask?
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Tunagee(m): 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
Oluneutral:
Marrying for the wrong reasons, unrealistic expectations, and influence of social media are part of the major causes of high divorce rate being witnessed in this present age.

Na your papa born you!
Exactly the problem.
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Misscongenialit: 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
Forget sex and emotions. 3 things will keep a marriage in this generation.
Tolerance
Patience
Communication /understanding

The moment all 3 are gone, that marriage is ended
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Idoko619(m): 9:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
[quote author=Perfecttouchade post=86880799] cheesy white house is another spot around that axis too..I needed to eat one of the night after the whole day stress and works, so I decided to get something to hold stomach, but I realize I miss road o..their club house upstairs even uniform men dey roll things for there but I no blame dem, dey need to relax once in a while..too much of fun spots for those axis..and on the weekend ( Sunday) I just go with my boiz to the field around makarantha police sign board to joggle some ball..if works carry me go Abuja again I go like see my people again..it's fun in Abuja but u must get ur money for hand even to Barb hair sef but if u dey visit saloon in that area, make sure u have ur clipper to avoid story that touch[/quote

My cousin and I usually return to Dutse axis after each stressful day to cool off.
I just sit down sip my x1 and watch while ppl are doing their thing.
Everyday new joint are springing up, muko sef is warming up.

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Perfecttouchade: 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
[quote author=Idoko619 post=86900481][/quote] WhatsApp me bro, I will get in touch whenever I'm in Abuja
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by safarigirl(f): 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
kurupt1:
I'm giving up on women, what is with this perceived oppression?? If they allow women to enlist into army and fight Boko Haram.Do you think women have the slightest chance of suceeding?pls there are roles for women and men in the society and this evil feminism wants to destroy that

I don't speak for women, so, don't give up on women on my account

I ask again, did they send women to war and they didn't go? BTW, I was talking about the past, like the guy I quoted. You should try to read things with context, not as standalones

And assuming feminism is evil, because it seeks to emancipate an economically weak group, is what small minds do. Feminism is not the reason for everything, a lot of you are blissfully ignorant of what feminism is about and it shows in your words

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by MiddleDimension: 10:21am On Feb 24, 2020
oglalasioux:

Lagos
you still haven't replied me. why lagos?
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by MiddleDimension: 10:24am On Feb 24, 2020
sassysure:

grin

But it's true anyway.
Married men in Abuja know when there is new chick in town. They have the money and connection.

U have to become strong born again by force else u are in hot soup especially if u are searching for jobs and u may be frustrated to say yes to them.

you still haven't answered me. how much money do they have when majority of nigeria's richest men don't live in Abuja
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by MiddleDimension: 10:25am On Feb 24, 2020
sassysure:

grin

But it's true anyway.
Married men in Abuja know when there is new chick in town. They have the money and connection.

U have to become strong born again by force else u are in hot soup especially if u are searching for jobs and u may be frustrated to say yes to them.

you still haven't answered me. how much money do they have when majority of nigeria's richest men don't live in Abuja. and how do abuja men behave dfferently from nigerians in other places?
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Mryacks: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
MrColdsweat:
Yup. What do you expect when there is no spirituality in Nigeria?

The virtues crucial for marriage which are self-control, commitment, discipline, tolerance, selflessness, honesty, fidelity etc are no more....

Nigerians are now morally decayed. So will our political, social, religious institutions.

Just about the most real observation...spot-on!

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
Davash222:

Thanks a lot.
What’s the difference between the two?

Just the ORDER

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! / How Mothers Advertise Their Daughters For Marriage In Form Of Birthday Wishes / Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.