Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian (14865 Views)

Why Does God Allow Evil People To Prosper And Good People To Suffer / Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? / One Thing To Prosper In All Things - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by BlueAngel444: 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

Jesus Christ needs was met by God either miraculously or sending people ur way to meet it.
Miraculously, he fed 5000 men with 5 loaves of bread nd 3 fishes. He didn't have the money to feed them, but he fed them through other means.
It's not about having money always, but it's all about meeting needs at the time required.
but God did not make Jesus wealthy on earth FULL STOP. the Devil tried though cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by BlueAngel444: 12:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
FrLukas:
Common misconception about God.

"God wants us to be prosperous"

"God wants to save me"

"God wants..."

"God needs..."

If God ever wanted anything or needed anything then he ceases to be God.

God is Absolute. He needs nothing. He wants nothing. He lacks nothing.

We either know that God has saved us and provided for us or we perish from lack of knowledge
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by BlueAngel444: 12:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

Having ur needs met is all that matters! Properties is not the sense of prosperity, the Bible says he shall prosper in everything he does and Jesus Christ prospered in everything he did when he walked the earth.
Read ur Bible very well, there was always money in the purse, remember Judas was in charge of the charge.
and what exactly did Jesus do, build houses, buy cars, make money and do business.

He prospered in obeying God, He prospered in spreading the word of God. He succeeded in freeing us, doing good, helping the poor. He prospered in touching lives.

If that's the value of prosperity then why doesn't the world celebrate those who work for the benefit of others but instead persecute and call them fools.

Those who loved money and material things hated Jesus because he rejected them, he never did anything for them to increase their pockets of money.

1 Like

Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by BlueAngel444: 12:45pm On Feb 23, 2020
FrLukas:

Jesus wasn't poor in the manner you are hinting about.

Sure, he went about with the most basic of things needed...for a reason.

We are talking about the Master who pulled a gold coin out of the mouth of a life fish to pay tax! Someone who turned water into wine.

If he went about detached from material acquisition, it wasn't because he was deprived or poor, it was to teach a poignant lesson.

Detachment from material things.

Unfortunately, modern forms of Christianity today is all about how rich the members can become if they only made a donation to the purse of the Church.
Detachment from material things is the essence of poverty.

Babies had no material attachment at birth therefore they we're poor at birth. Meaning owning nothing.
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Premiumwriter: 12:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
The Fact that Mary Mother of Jesus gave birth to other male Children for her husband Joseph
Because James,Simon are biological brothers of Jesus.
These brothers of Jesus married and had children..
This means that Some People Alive Today Can Trace Their DNA back to this brothers of Jesus.
Which means they are blood related to Jesus Christ.. hmmmm
and you didn't think about the possibility of their bloodline ending along the way?

Not all families survive forever. Some just
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by festus2001: 12:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
Christianity is the only way to heaven. Receiving Christ is the only way to heaven. One must be born again to inherit the kingdom of God. Conclusively, CHRISTIANITY is the only religion of salvation that leads people to their promise land (heaven). This is not about criticizm, this is the fact everyone must accept. Without Christ you are empty. Without Christ you are still living in bondage. Without Christ you are still living in darkness. Jesus Christ is the light. Everyone must be born again (reborn) to have a settle life. Nobody can enter the kingdom except through Christ(john 14 :6).
When Jesus Christ is remove from my name I am empty. Without Christ in me, my body has no function.
Truth may be bitter to some people, but the truth must be preached.
Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven.
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by DropsMic(m): 12:56pm On Feb 23, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

JESUS Is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE!
If u know another person who's ur way, ur truth and ur life, stick to him.

The fact that you are saying shows that you lack the spirit of comprehension... Next time you pray ask for that.
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by razible5384(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
unstoppable51:
Goodnews! God wants you to be successful and prosper materially in Christ

(3Jn 1:2) Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Even more than our earthly fathers, God cares about our whole being. He doesn’t just want us to be sound spiritually, He wants us to have healthy bodies and prosper financially also.

I know there are lots of people out there who are trying to make it look like the only thing God cares about is your spiritual life as a Christian. The way it is put, you would think that having a desire for the good life (a life of prosperity and abundance) is a sin in God’s eyes. However the Bible tells us a different thing altogether.

(Psa 35:27) Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

God takes pleasure in the prosperity of His children. It gladdens His heart to see you prosper.

In a bid to warn the brethren against greed and the love of money, we most times cross the line and warn them against having money and make being rich appear the same as being unrighteous.

While it is true that some of the believers in the Bible were poor and may have even died that way, there is no denial that there were those who also prospered abundantly even after they have trusted in God for salvation. For instance Abraham:

(Gen 15:6) And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
(Gen 15:7) And he said unto him, I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.
(Gen 24:35) And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.

I singled out the case of Abraham because of his significance to our faith. But there were others also who prospered before and after their salvation as believers.

Material prosperity does not always mean one would be stinkingly rich. But it surely means you would always have enough to meet your needs and that of those around you. Your name may or may not appear on Forbes list of richest people in the world but whenever there is a need, you wouldn’t have to sell a kidney to meet that need. That is the Bible’s description of material prosperity. Not a life that is constantly in lack, debts and penury.

One can be rich and yet righteous same way he can be poor, wicked and very ungodly. Being rich or poor has nothing to do with righteousness or holiness. It’s just a matter of choice.

I have seen people genuinely serve God to the best of their abilities when they were poor and still maintained that in the midst of abundance. Never accept poverty as God’s ultimate method to keep you humble, holy and righteous.

So how do you achieve success in life as a believer especially in this dispensation of Grace?

When it comes to achieving material prosperity or success in any endeavour as believers, the Bible’s laid down pattern or process for getting that is works through grace. You can call that a grace empowered labour or labour working by grace.

It is not just by grace alone (without any form of your effort as in salvation) or purely by works (as in your personal labour alone). It is actually by Grace through labour. The two are so interwoven you can’t separate one from the other.

Before you get mad at me for even mentioning the words “works” and “labour” with regards to our achieving success in life, let me show you something real quick from the scriptures.

(1Co 15:10) But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
(2Co 11:23) Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

Now if you paid real attention to those verses above, you’d discover Paul in talking about his success in ministry and how he achieved it, never ceased to mention how he by God’s grace laboured abundantly for it.

He never credited it to his efforts or labours alone, neither did he also credit it only to God’s grace (without any effort from him). He always put the two in their right perspectives.

You know the common misconception people have about grace and works (labour) is that they are complete opposites of each other. It is not always true.

The only time grace is completely devoid of works in the scriptures, is with regards to salvation. After salvation, grace empowers you to labour and achieve success in whatever field you want. That is what Paul meant in those verses above by saying that Grace was working in him causing him to labour more abundantly than the others. It empowers you to work diligently while you are on the earth.

That is also why in heaven, we will be rewarded not for the grace that we received freely from God but for the labour and work we personally did with it.

(2Co 5:cool We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
(2Co 5:9) Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
(2Co 5:10) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Now when we talk about being successful in our ministries, businesses and careers, we don’t become passive claiming we are leaving everything to grace. Yes, God’s grace will take care of that but it is going to do it through you.

So if you are not actively involved in the work to bring the big picture God has placed within your heart to manifestation while trusting in His grace, you make the grace of God a vain thing. The same way you give work too much credit if you claim success and material prosperity is all by one’s efforts alone.

That means in aiming for success or material prosperity in life, one would need to work as though grace never exists, and as well trust in God’s grace as though there is no such a thing called labour.

God’s grace has empowered us to prosper materially and be successful in whatever field we may find ourselves. In co-operation with that grace, we work hard and smart, bringing to materialization that prosperity and all round success.

I hope this blesses you.
Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/03/success-and-material-prosperity-in.html
very wonderful an inspiring piece... More grace bro

1 Like

Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Akpan107(m): 1:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
Sodiquinone:

Google translator is faar from perfection anybody with common sense knows that,why not speak on the bible verses that shows your lord and saviour is a head slammer
I agree with you, Google translate is not 100% accurate, but at least, it's 90 to 95% correct.

Here's the Arabic writing for blessing مبارك (Barika, Baraka or Mubarak)

Here's the Arabic writing for Pray صَلُّوا (Sallah or Sallu)

See below

No need decieving yourself with fake translation.

Technology is now exposing the fake translator and that's a problem for Islam.

Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 23, 2020
Akpan107:
I agree with you, Google translate is not 100% accurate, but at least, it's 90 to 95% correct.

Here's the Arabic writing for blessing مبارك (Barika, Baraka or Mubarak)

Here's the Arabic writing for Pray صَلُّوا (Sallah or Sallu)

See below

No need decieving yourself with fake translation.

Technology is now exposing the fake translator and that's a problem for Islam.

Is Jesus a head slammer Yes or No,even a primary school student knows a word can have many meanings, if you want to prove the translation is wrong you will have to prove it from Arabic grammer literature not Google translator.. Lol
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by SultanOfAbia: 1:19pm On Feb 23, 2020
Premiumwriter:
and you didn't think about the possibility of their bloodline ending along the way?

Not all families survive forever. Some just
Go and read Matthew ch.1 you see how they traced Jesus bloodline all the way to King David that lived thousand years apart from Jesus..
Given the fact that in those old days women gave birth to up 5 children and more. So the possibility of that bloodline still surviving is very high..
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Tobechuckwu(m): 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
DropsMic:

The fact that you are saying shows that you lack the spirit of comprehension... Next time you pray ask for that.
I don't need to pray mind u, Jesus Christ is my Lord nd Saviour !
U don't like me or my statement, look for ur saviour elsewhere.
JESUS is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE.
U that have in abundance the spirit of comprehension, look for ur way, ur truth and ur life elsewhere. We are not running the same race.
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Tobechuckwu(m): 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2020
BlueAngel444:
and what exactly did Jesus do, build houses, buy cars, make money and do business.

He prospered in obeying God, He prospered in spreading the word of God. He succeeded in freeing us, doing good, helping the poor. He prospered in touching lives.

If that's the value of prosperity then why doesn't the world celebrate those who work for the benefit of others but instead persecute and call them fools.

Those who loved money and material things hated Jesus because he rejected them, he never did anything for them to increase their pockets of money.
That is the problem, the world cannot show or tell you the true value of prosperity! True prosperity comes from God and He's the only one that can show /tell/evaluate prosperity.
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Tobechuckwu(m): 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
BlueAngel444:
but God did not make Jesus wealthy on earth FULL STOP. the Devil tried though cheesy
Jesus Christ was wealthy on earth. I think u must know the difference between wealth nd riches. A wealthy man might not have money with him, but his needs will be met.
He solved problems that riches could not solve. When he fed 5,000 men, his disciples said even if the money is available where can we get to buy these quantities for the people. It's not always about having money, but about meeting needs.
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by DropsMic(m): 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

I don't need to pray mind u, Jesus Christ is my Lord nd Saviour !
U don't like me or my statement, look for ur saviour elsewhere.
JESUS is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE.
U that have in abundance the spirit of comprehension, look for ur way, ur truth and ur life elsewhere. We are not running the same race.

Your Ignorance stinks to the heavens... Incase you don't know.. I'm also a Christian like you. Just not a myopic one who thinks that his religion is the best.
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Akpan107(m): 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2020
Sodiquinone:

Is Jesus a head slammer Yes or No,even a primary school student knows a word can have many meanings, if you want to prove the translation is wrong you will have to prove it from Arabic grammer literature not Google translator.. Lol
All Muslims believes Salah is a worship to the Islamic god called Allah.

Another mistake from the fake translator was.

If Only Allah can bless, how comes was Allah sending blessing and also asking the Angels and The Muslims umma to send blessing on Muhammad.

Or apart from the Islamic god, can human also bless?

Like the blessing of Allah alone is not enough.

Only God can bless and no human or angel can add to the blessing of God.
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by AntiChristian: 1:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
danilmo:

if this is wat u can come up with, then I think i downgraded myself to av quoted u.

Sorry but truth hurts!
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 23, 2020
Akpan107:
All Muslims believes Salah is a worship to the Islamic god called Allah.

Another mistake from the fake translator was.

If Only Allah can bless, how comes was Allah sending blessing and also asking the Angels and The Muslims umma to send blessing on Muhammad.

Or apart from the Islamic god, can human also bless?

Like the blessing of Allah alone is not enough.

Only God can bless and no human or angel can add to the blessing of God.

The god of Arab Christian is called what in Arabic?
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Akpan107(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2020
Sodiquinone:

Jesus in the flesh was communicating with His Father...

Jesus has two nature, Human and Divine.

Just as the Quran clearly states in Sura 4 171

Jesus is a messanger = Man

Jesus is the Word of God = God

Jesus is the Spirit of God = Life giver or Power of Life.

And in Sura 9:31
The Quran clearly stated Jesus is Lord (God)

They have taken their scholars and monk as lords besides Allah and also the Messiah..

They where not commanded accept to worship ONE GOD...

Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by AntiChristian: 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

Firstly, ask urself what was the means of transportation then? When he needed a donkey/ horse, he got free of charge without stress.
Secondly, Jesus was hungry bcuz it's natural for human being to be hungry.
Lastly, He cursed the fruitless fig tree using it to teached his disciples about the words of ur mouth and if u read the verses very well, the next day it was his disciples that noticed that the fig tree has dried up, not even Jesus!
Jesus was never poor when he walked the earth.

So how wealthy was he? The donkey you said he got was taken without prior permission of the owner!

The means of transportation was by animals. How many did he had?

Which is simpler to pray for a tree to produce or to curse it to wither?

How many rich men would care about fruits on a tree....?

Jesus was extremely poor while he walked the earth!
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Tobechuckwu(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
DropsMic:

Your Ignorance stinks to the heavens... Incase you don't know.. I'm also a Christian like you. Just not a myopic one who thinks that his religion is the best.
U see urself, it's not about calling urself a Christian! Since u don't believe Jesus Christ is the only Way, the only Truth and the only Life, u are not a Christian. U are just church goer.
U are not like me, Jesus said if u are ashamed of me and my words in this life, I shall be ashame of you before my Heavenly Father. Since u are ashamed of saying Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life,u are not a Christian, but a church goer!
Christianity is Christ in you, if there's no reflection of Christ in u, forget it.
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Tobechuckwu(m): 2:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

So how wealthy was he? The donkey you said he got was taken without prior permission of the owner!

The means of transportation was by animals. How many did he had?

Which is simpler to pray for a tree to produce or to curse it to wither?

Jesus was extremely poor while he walked the earth!
I'm sorry, I have to stop here bcuz ur username shows u are Antichristain.
I am a Christian and since u are anti my believe, we have to stop it here.
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by DropsMic(m): 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

U see urself, it's not about calling urself a Christian! Since u don't believe Jesus Christ is the only Way, the only Truth and the only Life, u are not a Christian. U are just church goer.
U are not like me, Jesus said if u are ashamed of me and my words in this life, I shall be ashame of you before my Heavenly Father. Since u are ashamed of saying Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life,u are not a Christian, but a church goer!
Christianity is Christ in you, if there's no reflection of Christ in u, forget it.

Neither am i a church goer... Since you are now grabbing on straws and making up stories to suit your narrative... Let's just end it here. The only thing i want you to take from this is that there are many ways to God. We are not in any special than those who worship other Gods.

Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Tobechuckwu(m): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
DropsMic:

Neither am i a church goer... Since you are now grabbing on straws and making up stories to suit your narrative... Let's just end it here. The only thing i want you to take from this is that there are many ways to God. We are not in any special than those who worship other Gods.
It's better to end it here because Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
Akpan107:
Jesus in the flesh was communicating with His Father...

Jesus has two nature, Human and Divine.

Just as the Quran clearly states in Sura 4 171

Jesus is a messanger = Man

Jesus is the Word of God = God

Jesus is the Spirit of God = Life giver or Power of Life.

And in Sura 9:31
The Quran clearly stated Jesus is Lord (God)

They have taken their scholars and monk as lords besides Allah and also the Messiah..

They where not commanded accept to worship ONE GOD...

Dont bother quoting me again,this is just too dumb,,,I can count many lies in this little thing u wrote,I guess u know better than jesus

' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I (John 14:28).
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
Christianity is the only biblical religon. I strongly agree with OP!
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by DropsMic(m): 2:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

It's better to end it here because Jesus Christ is the only way to God.

Continue living in deceit then.. It's your life
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Irore: 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2020
post=86883472:

Okay.......
We believe and stand with Jesus Christ,
Our personal Lord and Saviour.

Do have a beautiful week ahead as you drop your mic! wink

Please let me use this opportunity to ask for clarification:
Is it 3 John Chapter 1:v 2 or
3 John v 2?
Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by Akpan107(m): 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
Sodiquinone:

Dont bother quoting me again,this is just too dumb,,,I can count many lies in this little thing u wrote,I guess u know better than jesus

' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I (John 14:28).
Hahaha...
You're simply confused!

God is Spirit!

In the flesh, the Father is greater. Because God is not a man, God is greater than the Human flesh He occupied.

That flesh died, but God's Spirit will never die.

Jesus is the Spirit of God
Sura 4:171

That why in Sura 3:49
Of the Quran:

*Jesus created bird and gave life to it
*Gave Life to the dead
*Jesus can tell you food you store in your house without going into your house.

Allah said he alone is the creator and the best of the creator.

Allah also said he has no helper...
(Jesus was actually not helping, Jesus is the Creator)

Sura 9:31
Made it very clear that Jesus and Allah are Lord,

And we not commanded accept to worship ONE GOD.

And Jesus said I and my Father are One.

While Jesus was busy proving He is God,
During Muhammad his time was busy having sex with a lady(MARIYA) who is not his wife...

Finally, a woman poisoned your Prophet to death.

Re: The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian by BlueAngel444: 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

Jesus Christ was wealthy on earth. I think u must know the difference between wealth nd riches. A wealthy man might not have money with him, but his needs will be met.
He solved problems that riches could not solve. When he fed 5,000 men, his disciples said even if the money is available where can we get to buy these quantities for the people. It's not always about having money, but about meeting needs.
na wa all this so that we will agree that Jesus was wealthy.

JESUS DID NOT HAVE MONEY, HE WAS POOR.

Are you running away from the Yeshua that died, miserably, naked and poor on a piece of wood rejected of men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? / Evolution 101 / Atheism Is A Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.