Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. (1472 Views)

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY / The Atheist's Prayer / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by chidifrank(m): 9:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

What is the difference between the Holy Spirit and the spirit of God?..

How do you interpret psalm 104:29-31
holy spirit is d same as spirit of God. holy spirits comes from God okay dts clear n it moves around everywhere in d world.
the question shld be , is the holy spirit abiding in everyone ? dt shld be ur question sir/ma
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by sonmvayina(m): 9:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
Renerd:

According to psalm 104:29-31, the spirit of God is the spirit that makes all things alive, and that is my interpretation.

what about the holy spirit?
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by sonmvayina(m): 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2020
chidifrank:

holy spirit is d same as spirit of God. holy spirits comes from God okay dts clear n it moves around everywhere in d world.
the question shld be , is the holy spirit abiding in everyone ? dt shld be ur question sir/ma

what happens when death occurs?
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by sonmvayina(m): 9:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
Renerd:

According to psalm 104:29-31, the spirit of God is the spirit that makes all things alive, and that is my interpretation.

what happens when death occurs in the light of Ecclesiastes 12:7
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
chidifrank:

i said it before n i will not stop telling u, read n understand my friend. the ps104:29-31 u quoted , what has dt got to do or contribute to what we are discussing here? u just want to quote bible sha.... who said there is not spirit of God? everyone knows there are spirit of God moving around , d question is , does it abide with everyone ? abi u don’t know d meaning of abide again ?am asking u question , is it everyone dt has the spirit of God in them ? does Arm robbers have d spirit of God in them.
my friend read n study then u will understand
Check again, I'm not done yet.
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Roycemadeit(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
chidifrank:

i want to learn, tell me who edited it? give me d link so i can click n read for myself and don’t tell me “it’s them say”. show me brother or else , pls be calm okay. i saw what i read n studied and it’s what u can get (The Bible). U said d Jews called John the Baptist ; isaiah? dts pple like u dt don’t know or pretend not to know d truth. even Jesus christ pple like u still called Him ; Elijah some Moses but only those who are His people dt obey His words and follow Him recognized who He is and called His the Messiah, Son of God. Matthew 16:13-20
you can see d difference btw them say n actually fact. i say n posted d bible quotations where i get my facts from but you, well your type has bin there since d time of Moses. lol get ur fact stop living on “them say”

Bros, we can't do this, at least not tonight. I am laughing at you... Haa, it is well. By the way there are other sons of God preceding the Birth of Jesus like Krishna, Hercules, Horus and others... They were conceived through heavenly visitation too

1 Like

Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
chidifrank:

Check my response, there is a difference
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Roycemadeit(m): 9:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

To the flesh not to the spirit or soul
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Roycemadeit(m): 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

what happens when death occurs?
When death occurs there is a change in form.
Death is not a cease to an existence nor
end of an existence.
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2020
chidifrank:

Your replies are just naive and illogical, you don't expect any rational thinking individual to believe that lame reply
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

what about the holy spirit?
Check my reply to the guy that brought up the question, I've covered that
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Roycemadeit(m): 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2020
chidifrank:

j
What spirit is abiding in the body of a sinner? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by sonmvayina(m): 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2020
Roycemadeit:

To the flesh not to the spirit or soul

i dont understand what you mean..death occurs when the body returns to dust and the spirit back to god , who gave it...this spirit that goes back to god is it different from the spirit of god or holy spirit?
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Roycemadeit(m): 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

i dont understand what you mean..death occurs when the body returns to dust and the spirit back to god , who gave it...this spirit that goes back to god is it different from the spirit of god or holy spirit?
For clarification purpose, I'll reiterate clearly.
What dies is the flesh, the body.
The spirit as your said would return to being in a state of oneness with God.
We are fragments of the God force.

p.s.
God is spirit, the force of life. if the source of life can end then God can die.

1 Like

Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by sonmvayina(m): 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
Roycemadeit:
j
What spirit is abiding in the body of a sinner? grin grin

do you really understand or know what man is?

and what death means?

please read genesis chapter 1 and 2 for clarification..
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Roycemadeit(m): 9:47pm On Feb 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

do you really understand or know what man is?

and what death means?

please read genesis chapter 1 and 2 for clarification..
Pipe down with all this quotation and verses.
What is death?
Is it any different from what I said
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by sonmvayina(m): 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
Roycemadeit:

God is spirit, the force of life. if the source of life can end then God can die.
yes, this is my believe too...if you have followed my post here i have always maintained that we are gods just having a human experience...that is the igbo belief and that is also the jewish beliefs too.so in other to make the experience more better and fulfilling god gave us igbo what we call omenani and gave the jews the torah....

i love your answer...it shows you are following my line of thought...
ok, what gets sent to hell? is it the spirit that god gave and returns to god at death or ?
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Roycemadeit(m): 9:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
There have been many a great teacher who have come to show us the path to enlightenment but we are quick to crown this masters God's sons or prophets. We do not see ourselves being capable of doing as much wonders or understanding as many-a-thing as they do. We make them Icons to be worshipped and forget that if we could do as much or even more than they did. The truth is, and lies in belief, belief is what we lack and this is not our fault, because since the beginning of time we have seen ourselves imperfect, a bunch of ne'er-do-well, who are in the least bit qualified to do half of what the master's done. And so be make ourselves less than what we are SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF GOD.
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
chidifrank:

i said it before n i will not stop telling u, read n understand my friend. the ps104:29-31 u quoted , what has dt got to do or contribute to what we are discussing here? u just want to quote bible sha.... who said there is not spirit of God? everyone knows there are spirit of God moving around , d question is , does it abide with everyone ? abi u don’t know d meaning of abide again ?am asking u question , is it everyone dt has the spirit of God in them ? does Arm robbers have d spirit of God in them.
Try to follow a topic before you quote, I was answering a question
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
[quote author=sonmvayina post=86900784]

what about the holy spirit?[/quote
There is a spirit of man, which we call man himself, for man is a spirit and everything he does(even here on earth), is spiritual, and because man is a creation of God directly from Him. "it can be best put that man is a spark, of the spirit of God". Hence, I said man has power over all other things created, for he is directly from God. Even man has the power to create, for Every thought that proceedeth out of the hearth of man is living, that which can never die, and which is attached to its originator, hence we had many forces, moving in the therestial world, both good and evil, they are all the creation of man, as man also is the creation of God, by His thought, which is the spirit of God. This also should not be confused with the holy spirit of God, yes the spirit of man is such a powerful one that many finds it difficult to belief that there is another spirit beside that. The spirit of man (which can also be referred to as the spirit of God), is prone to imperfection since the day that man disobey God and given unto himself, the power to perceive both good and evil, man has his freewill and because there Is non perfect to guide him, he is prone to making mistakes, which sometimes, may be too difficult to overcome. This is the reason why the holy spirit of God is given "to be a guidance to the spirit, which is man". For the Holy spirit of God is divine, proceeding directly out of God, not tarnished by the error of the spirit which is man ( this is exactly how man was created, before his fall, untarnished and perfect), it is this untarnished spirit of God, that we humans (which are also the spirit of God, but due to some disobedience, had some limitations in getting across to God. Limitations, which is surmountable by following the direction of the holy spirit ) it is this perfect spirit of God that God sent unto His disobedient spirit, out of the love he bore towards it, to be a guidian unto it, in order not to fall deep into the region where he will never be able to come near unto its creator again, and this is the difference between the holy spirit and the spirit of God, which is man. And if a man can wholly follow the direction of this spirit, he can never made a mistake, for this is the only perfect medium into the other world, for any other medium apart from this, rely solely on the spirit of man, which is imperfect, and hence many error.
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2020
chidifrank:

There is a spirit of man, which we call man himself, for man is a spirit and everything he does(even here on earth), is spiritual, and because man is a creation of God directly from Him. "it can be best put that man is a spark, of the spirit of God". Hence, I said man has power over all other things created, for he is directly from God. Even man has the power to create, for Every thought that proceedeth out of the hearth of man is living, that which can never die, and which is attached to its originator, hence we had many forces, moving in the therestial world, both good and evil, they are all the creation of man, as man also is the creation of God, by His thought, which is the spirit of God. This also should not be confused with the holy spirit of God, yes the spirit of man is such a powerful one that many finds it difficult to belief that there is another spirit beside that. The spirit of man (which can also be referred to as the spirit of God), is prone to imperfection since the day that man disobey God and given unto himself, the power to perceive both good and evil, man has his freewill and because there Is non perfect to guide him, he is prone to making mistakes, which sometimes, may be too difficult to overcome. This is the reason why the holy spirit of God is given "to be a guidance to the spirit, which is man". For the Holy spirit of God is divine, proceeding directly out of God, not tarnished by the error of the spirit which is man ( this is exactly how man was created, before his fall, untarnished and perfect), it is this untarnished spirit of God, that we humans (which are also the spirit of God, but due to some disobedience, had some limitations in getting across to God. Limitations, which is surmountable by following the direction of the holy spirit ) it is this perfect spirit of God that God sent unto His disobedient spirit, out of the love he bore towards it, to be a guidian unto it, in order not to fall deep into the region where he will never be able to come near unto its creator again, and this is the difference between the holy spirit and the spirit of God, which is man. And if a man can wholly follow the direction of this spirit, he can never made a mistake, for this is the only perfect medium into the other world, for any other medium apart from this, rely solely on the spirit of man, which is imperfect, and hence many error.
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

A soul that is created never dies, but had to shed its useless body to take on a new one, if he had the opportunity, a man never dies, and that is why you see children this days, behaving like they have lived an hundred years, due to previous life experience.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Roycemadeit(m): 10:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

yes, this is my believe too...if you have followed my post here i have always maintained that we are gods just having a human experience...that is the igbo belief and that is also the jewish beliefs too.so in other to make the experience more better and fulfilling god gave us igbo what we call omenani and gave the jews the torah....

i love your answer...it shows you are following my line of thought...
ok, what gets sent to hell? is it the spirit that god gave and returns to god at death or ?

There is nothing Like hell.
Hell doesn't exist, at least not like the stories the church conjured to scare people into obeisance.
We have by these stories created a belief that begat the horrible and unimaginable place of torment.

1 Like

Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by sonmvayina(m): 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
Renerd:

A soul that is created never dies, but had to shed its useless body to take on a new one, if he had the opportunity, a man never dies, and that is why you see children this days, behaving like they have lived an hundred years, due to previous life experience.

thanks, now we are approaching the truth.....so by implication, there is no such thing as death and hell?
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by sonmvayina(m): 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
Roycemadeit:

There is nothing Like hell.
Hell doesn't exist, at least not like the stories the church conjured to scare people into obeisance.
We have by these stories created a belief that begat the horrible and unimaginable place of torment.

now we are making good progress....

1 Like

Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Roycemadeit(m): 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
Renerd:

This is such a long text.
Now, God could never be disobeyed, our freewill is without condition.
We are never imperfect.
For if God made us perfect and the devil, who is said to have made us disobey God is made by God. Then he is also imperfect and by extension that God is imperfect.

1 Like

Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by sonmvayina(m): 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
Renerd:
Let us consider the reason why atheist says there is no God.

Me I believe that there is a God in heaven, due to personal experience, but I'll rather depend mostly on my ability and perseverance, to get most things accomplished, except those things that aren't observably possible, where I'll exercise faith in my God, but I'm never disappointed.
I believe the words of Christ, for I take it as simply as he spake it, not giving heed to the interpretation of any intellectual, but sourcing for the meaning within myself. Study Christ words, they are practical and straight forward, for they contains only the truth and simple law of nature. I practice his teachings and I'm never disappointed. Although I don't base my actions on the numerous book of the Bible, and I hate going to church, because of the many lies and the emotional thrift that the minister will include in his sermon. I hate someone playing with my emotion.
Trying to talk about the existence of God is a sensitive topic, which requires unbiased justification from the serious seeker. But I think it's mostly depends on one's personal experience, sincerity, level of perception ,seriousness and knowledge.
So if you ask me, I'll say God truly exist but the points of atheist are worthy of consideration.
The purpose and mission of Christ on earth is to reveal unto men, the wisdom and judgement of the creator of the universe. Nothing exist, or is ever achieve without a careful plan, determination and sacrifice, and everything that ever is has a law guiding it. For God is a perfect God, and is perfection is unalterable, that whatever it is that ever exist must surely be under this law (THE LAW OF SOWING AND REAPING). Hence what Christ has come to bring to the knowledge of man in essence is that you should be mindful of whatever you do, cause you will surely earn the reward, no one can change this, no not even God, for every man is responsible for himself, and only what you will for yourself will surely come to pass, if only you won't tolerate insolency.
But the problem with religion from onset(even those that wrote the Bible, for God never write one, except the ten commandments, neither did he ever create a religion) is that, it is infested with human errors, and the seemingly intellects are interpreting the words and the law of God, according to their own weak natural character, that is ever given to change.
Know today oh man that God is a God that never change, study the simple occurrences in life consider thy way and be wise, for whatsoever thou soweth, that shall ye also reap, stop being lazy to take a full responsibility of yourself, rather than putting responsibility on God, have you forgotten the statement of God in the bible, after the fall of man?, he says "my spirit shall no longer strive with man, for he has become one of us, knowing good and evil". God has given you the power and the authority to do whatsoever pleases you, for you are not like an animal, you are a man, you know what's good, and what's evil. You don't need no one to guide you, you have the most powerful gift that any creation can have ( the brain) use it productively, for the propagation of the human race, you can actually become or do what you wish to do if you actualize the power that is in you, for you are created directly from God, and nothing is above you except God, use the power that God has given you, and stop depending on God to perform any miracle for you, for that thing that you seek from a supernatural being due to your lazy thinking ability, you can actually do it yourself, you have no limit as a human being, and you alone can decide your fate, not God, for ever since the fall of man, man has been given power to actually do whatever he wish to accomplished, and all those that ever dare to try and make a difference never fail, they actually succeed, hence we have a civilised world.
Whatever you wish to overcome, whatever you wish to accomplished, and you aren't accomplishing, is so because you are either looking for someone to help you, or you are waiting for divine help, use your brain, reason logically, and you'll discover that you actually has a solution to your challenge. Whatever you wish to accomplish, either good or bad you have the most powerful tool to accomplish it. ( which is your reasoning faculty) use that and stop seeking help from where there is non. You are actually intelligent enough to judge yourself, provided you are being sincere with yourself, and whatever decision you made is borne out of love for humanity, you can actually do it, and don't need anybody telling you what to do. " Christ said, consider the beam in thine eye, before considering the mole in thine brother's., therefore non has the power to judge you.
Above all, seek knowledge by embracing understanding, and don't forget the law that caption the whole of all existence "whatever is sown will surely be reap".
So I challenge you to use your brain, for it is matchless and infinitely intelligent, believe in God, for there is more to life than this present, but deliver yourself from the foolishness of religion. Yea, all you have on this earth, and which is more than sufficient, is you! And you alone.
Free yourself from all emotional bondage and let's all make this nation a great one.

Mods, pls, push this to FP, for more contribution

so when the atheist says there is no god outside of himself, do you now understand his perspective?
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Roycemadeit(m): 10:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
Can you imagine how a many great thing we would have done and achieved if we knew we could reincarnate? We would take as many risks as the white man does, we would fight for and see our struggles through. Funny enough this thing called reincarnation has been deleted even from our traditional settings all we have now is fear... Fear... nobody wants to die, hell is got every one spooked.

1 Like

Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by sonmvayina(m): 10:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
Roycemadeit:

We are fragments of the God force.

p.s.

can you now understand why the atheist says there is no god outside of ourselves...because we are all gods experiencing life differently..we are all different version of the same thing..

1 Like

Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
Roycemadeit:

This is such a long text.
Now, God could never be disobeyed, our freewill is without condition.
We are never imperfect.
For if God made us perfect and the devil, who is said to have made us disobey God is made by God. Then he is also imperfect and by extension that God is imperfect.
When God created man, he created him perfectly in his own image, without much of a perceptive ability, man began to know good and evil, only when he disobeyed the commandment of God, and a freewill was given to man, to accompany the covering which was given to him, for man was naive and only come to be wise by disobeying the commandment of God.
Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by sonmvayina(m): 10:22pm On Feb 23, 2020
Roycemadeit:
Can you imagine how a many great thing we would have done and achieved if we knew we could reincarnate? We would take as many risks as the white man does, we would fight for and see our struggles through. Funny enough this thing called reincarnation has been deleted even from our traditional settings all we have now is fear... Fear... nobody wants to die, hell is got every one spooked.

100000000000 likes

1 Like

Re: Let's Consider The Atheist Belief. by Roycemadeit(m): 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

can you now understand why the atheist says there is no god outside of ourselves...because we are all gods experiencing life differently..we are all different version of the same thing..

We are all the same thing experiencing life differently.

If we could but understand this then we as a species are ready to move to another dimension

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Reveals When He Will Leave If Nigeria Is Engulfed In Crisis / Who Can Explain This Bible Verse To Me? / Who Is Afraid Of Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.