Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT (67609 Views)

Portuguese, Sonia Acevedo Dies 2 Days After Getting COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccine / Nigerian Man Cleans A Gutter That Has Been Uncleaned For 7 Years In 4 Hours / "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by bayelsaowei(m): 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
LadySwitz:
When she finish cleaning, tomorrow some anti-nature dingbats will still dispose plastics in the lake.

I wonder why there are so many plastics in there. The pple/shops selling those drinks should be sanctioned or. meant to pay heavy tax.

In saner climes...let me just stop here.
grin
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by BreakingSecrets: 7:52pm On Feb 23, 2020
When you want things said, ask men.When you want things done, ask women.
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by RentedReality(m): 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2020
SoniaSomuvie:
Thank you. We will love to do a full clean up.... sir Alex can reach me or chat me up.

There you go

Well done

1 Like

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by PlayerMeji: 8:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ok Cool...

SoniaSomuvie:
Contact me on fb the work is not done...we can work something out

1 Like

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by BennyDGreat: 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
God bless you @ SoniaSomuvie. You did a great job. Hope to see you do more.

1 Like

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by ForbesHomesNG(m): 8:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
tsephanyah:
Instead of insulting each other on the internet because of ideology, politics or tribe. Or hustling people. Go and do something useful today... Like this guys

1 Like

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by Czartega(m): 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
AlexReports:
Nigerian Lady Somuvie Sonia Holds Jabi Lake CleanUp Exercise To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps

A young prospective and patriotic Nigerian lady Miss Somuvie Sonia, the Executive Director of Ecosmart Services has extended her passionate concerns to the devastating conditions of the Jabi Boat Club. She has therefore held a clean-up exercise as a personal project from her personal resources to reduce the waste in the waters and create awareness on the need to maintain a safe and clean water environment.

This initiative was birthed when she discovered how the lake was been polluted both by Passersby, sanitation workers, park visitors and local sellers who dump trash bags and empty their wastes in the water. She was aroused at the condition of the water bodies when she visited the Jabi Lake only to find a pond of plastic trash, with refuse dumped around and inside the water, creating futuristic problems both for fishermen and consumers of seafoods.

To her greatest surprise the 22nd Saturday February Cleanup exercise organized by Somuvie Sonia and her team through efforts of the local fishermen and the community head recorded an impressive turnout of participants who practically supported and joined the exercise.

The exercise which commenced at exactly 8:00am yesterday and lasted for about 2hours may have achieved a lot especially with reducing the waste and sensitizing people on why they should stop dumping refuse in the water. Speaking with Somuvie Sonia few minutes after the exercise, she expressed appreciation to everyone who extended their goodwill by participating in helping to cleanup the water environment.

She however noted that it wasn't a one-day job, though resources may be limited but the exercise will be continued in due time. She remains one of the few passionate Nigerians who craves an undying interest in nature, the environment and especially the water bodies.

https://www.abujapress.com/2020/02/nigerian-lady-somuvie-sonia-holds-jabi.html?m=1

Good work...but you have to install security operatives there because Nigerians are like HE-GOATS . They will litter that place the very moment you leave.

2 Likes

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by babapressy(m): 9:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
hmmm
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by thundafire: 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2020
Hope it wouldn't be washed and sold with kunu and zobo inside oh
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by mekuxiani(m): 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
Nawa you ooo
haywire07:
I guess she needs Zobo bottles
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
haywire07:

YES SHE NEED BOTTLE TO MAKE ZOBO TO SELL TO YOU SO YOU CAN GET SENSE
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by saajus: 10:37pm On Feb 23, 2020
Good job. I hope every youth in Nigeria can emulate this.

2 Likes

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by DaddyRochie1642: 11:22pm On Feb 23, 2020
AlexReports:
Nigerian Lady Somuvie Sonia Holds Jabi Lake CleanUp Exercise To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps

A young prospective and patriotic Nigerian lady Miss Somuvie Sonia, the Executive Director of Ecosmart Services has extended her passionate concerns to the devastating conditions of the Jabi Boat Club. She has therefore held a clean-up exercise as a personal project from her personal resources to reduce the waste in the waters and create awareness on the need to maintain a safe and clean water environment.

This initiative was birthed when she discovered how the lake was been polluted both by Passersby, sanitation workers, park visitors and local sellers who dump trash bags and empty their wastes in the water. She was aroused at the condition of the water bodies when she visited the Jabi Lake only to find a pond of plastic trash, with refuse dumped around and inside the water, creating futuristic problems both for fishermen and consumers of seafoods.

To her greatest surprise the 22nd Saturday February Cleanup exercise organized by Somuvie Sonia and her team through efforts of the local fishermen and the community head recorded an impressive turnout of participants who practically supported and joined the exercise.

The exercise which commenced at exactly 8:00am yesterday and lasted for about 2hours may have achieved a lot especially with reducing the waste and sensitizing people on why they should stop dumping refuse in the water. Speaking with Somuvie Sonia few minutes after the exercise, she expressed appreciation to everyone who extended their goodwill by participating in helping to cleanup the water environment.

She however noted that it wasn't a one-day job, though resources may be limited but the exercise will be continued in due time. She remains one of the few passionate Nigerians who craves an undying interest in nature, the environment and especially the water bodies.

https://www.abujapress.com/2020/02/nigerian-lady-somuvie-sonia-holds-jabi.html?m=1

She has a Small ass grin
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by ahnie: 4:43am On Feb 24, 2020
[s]
cRobo:
Good idea

I applaud her

But

I won't say a word

[/s]
How old are you.
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by tolguy(m): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2020
haywire07:
hahahahaha Nigerians and their evil thinking
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by SoniaSomuvie(f): 9:25pm On Feb 24, 2020
Ewooo��‍♀️
Jaqenhghar:

You will have plenty volunteers next week. 99.5% will join because they want to date you / get between your legs
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by SoniaSomuvie(f): 9:25pm On Feb 24, 2020
�����
DaddyRochie1642:

She has a Small ass grin
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by SoniaSomuvie(f): 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
Thanks much. I appreciate this.

RentedReality:

Good

I've also shared your story with some friends at OnlineRadio dot com

They'll help share your good work
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by SoniaSomuvie(f): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2020
Ww can still work together. Its not a 1 man job you know�
And Jabi lake isnt the only watwe body that needs help.

PlayerMeji:
And I wanted to do this oooo...

She beats me to it...wow
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by SoniaSomuvie(f): 10:02pm On Feb 24, 2020
Thank you so much
RentedReality:

There you go

Well done
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by PlayerMeji: 10:13pm On Feb 24, 2020
I caught your drift.

SoniaSomuvie:

Ww can still work together. Its not a 1 man job you know�
And Jabi lake isnt the only watwe body that needs help.

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by Jaqenhghar: 10:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
SoniaSomuvie:
Ewooo��‍♀️
Yes nah. How many new DMs have you gotten? Honestly

1 Like

Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by SoniaSomuvie(f): 12:54pm On Feb 27, 2020
Thanks much
RentedReality:

Good

I've also shared your story with some friends at OnlineRadio dot com

They'll help share your good work
Re: Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT by SoniaSomuvie(f): 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2020
[/color][color=#006600] with regards to this clean up and those who reached out to me on how to be a part of it, kindly reach me via my facebook or direct message here as i have created a group for environmental enthusiasts who would like to join us.

AlexReports:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 318. 70 Discharged. 10 Deaths / 8 Things That Happen To Your Body During Sex / See The ''Strange'' Baby A Young Girl Gave Birth To As Nigerians React. Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.