Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Choosing A Life Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Choosing A Life Partner (305 Views)

She'd Be 31 Soon This Month, Looking For A Life Partner / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: Choosing A Girl. / See Ten (10) Things To Check While Choosing A Husband In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
Attraction is the tendency to arouse interest, it's synonymous to pulling something towards yourself.

It is the ability of two personalities to consciously or unconsciously pick strong interest between themselves.

There are different types of attraction which will be explain briefly: Most partners say they love each other but they are not really turned on physically by their partner.

Maybe they got attracted from one of the other types of attraction, physically they are two parallel lines..

According to the five love languages, the author scored the love languages at a rate of 1-5, today I'm gonna rate this attraction parameters from a range of 1% to 5% which is sum up to 15%

The physical is just 1% of all the attractions, how?? I'll come to that. When I talk about social attraction, I mean, your communication skills, vocabulary and dress codes.

A lot of partners have lost their spouse to either their best friend or their secretary at work, some have lost the charisma of hanging out with their partner because the relationship is void of this attraction
Someone dresses as if you're going for a wedding party just for a date grin who does that?

Your grammatical blunder is nothing to be compared with, you know nothing about your partners interest, for football fans, you don't know a single football player. You don't know anything trendy, you're amazingly outdated, does it still matter?? We'll find out.

This has the 2% out of the 15%.
Intellectually, meeting a damsel possibly in school or at work place who had this grade 1 IQ, mehhn, someone starts falling head over heels, you wanna have lunch with her, infact she's the only thing running through your mind, the way she responds to questions in class, kai, you can't help it.

Her response to work, she's beauty with brains. You have been intellectually attracted, you're attracted just because of what's in her brain. At that moment, you are not possibly concerned with the other forms of attraction, the love has become blind.

What value a person has is what is in his/her brain right??

Intellectual attraction only has destroyed a lot of homes and has turned the family into a business sector, you and your partner only cares about your work and nothing more.

We've passed that era when people are workaholics and no playerholics. Intellectual attraction is important but can't work alone.
Lastly.

The Spiritual attraction: this kind of Attraction has made many miserable. It has turned a lively man or woman into a dullard. It has made many men of God become blocks of ice.

This attraction simply has to do with being attracted to your opposite sex because of the vision they carry, because of the way him/her vibrates when preaching. You're attracted just because of the way the person prays in tongues and mehnnn, the Holy Spirit lives in him/her, in fact if I marry him/her, I can't go to hell.

The Spiritual attraction makes 5%.

I rated them according to their necessity in relationship.

Collectively they all make the 15%.
There can't be a tree if there are no branches, roots, stem, leaves etc.

So here also, there can't be a beautiful relationship without the 5 types of attraction being involved.

Its possible to be attracted to someone both physically, spiritually and socially, but guess what your relationship or marriage won't still make sense.

Individuals are different people on their own and being attracted to a different individual all together in either of the parameters is okay but as the relationship grows, there's a need for attraction all round.

It doesn't happen in a snap, its a gradual process.

That's why, dating is highly important, in this course, you two get to work on the other levels of attraction in other to have an effective relationship.

Open up to each other on areas you feel you're finding difficult to adapt to, work on yourselves, adjust a bit, make a space for change, don't make it look as if they are trying to change you, its a mutual something, so that your relationship can grow effectively

Summary.
Attraction is necessary, if you're attracted to that intelligent, spiritual sister who doesn't really look good, who has a bad fashion sense, appreciate her and make her know you value her, then bring up the idea of changing wardrobe.

I bet its gonna be an awesome experience.

If you're finding it difficult to communicate on a certain frequency with your partner, teach them, buy them books and encourage them.

Be kindly open. When you bring it up harshly, it turns to a bigger problem.

Let love lead

(1) (Reply)

Stages Of Relationship You Can't Avoid / Any Fiance Or Fiancee With A Plan B Is Not Fit For Marriage / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.