Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President (16771 Views)

Bode George: Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition A Huge Joke / Bode George: Tinubu Has No Certificates, Steals Huge Amounts Of Money Monthly / Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Akolawole(m): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2020
oyatz:
Pa Bode George ought to have outgrown his penchant to always see himself as a rival to Tinubu.

Virtually all the times he grants an interview he talks about Tinubu and Tinubu never bother to reply him.

Tinubu is now a private citizen, it looks more like a personal vedetta to be campaigning against a man who has left Government 13 years ago and is not holding any public post for now.

Mr George can give all the reasons why he thinks he will be a good president,instead of saying he wants to contest because of Tinubu.

His interview will NOT finish until he mentioned Tinubu. I am sure when he sleeps, he regularly dream of Asiwaju.
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by kalusky02(m): 10:22am On Feb 25, 2020
Chief Bode George always attacking Bola Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by farem: 10:31am On Feb 25, 2020
sassiemyk:
What will happen if people with vision contests for Presidency in Nigeria? When people below 60 years are elected? Why are these same old thieves the only ones qualified?

Below 60 years of age like the kerosene governor, right?
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by louiziana(m): 10:43am On Feb 25, 2020
Well me I do remember that Tinubu was owing civil servants up to 2 months salary back then, if not more sef. A male teacher committed suicide after school in a primary school at oshodi, could be personal though, but many were frustrated.
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Dchampion65: 11:02am On Feb 25, 2020
Aatona Odua of Yorubaland that can not harmonise peace among his subject.

Aatona indeed.
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by proff010: 11:10am On Feb 25, 2020
I will prefer my Starboy ( Osinbajo) to be the next president. I believe that under his administration,things will change and there will not be any cabal. Or Babajide Raji Fashola
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Josskute(m): 11:14am On Feb 25, 2020
I just don't want to believe it's ever a possibility in the nearest future.
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Stillthebest: 11:15am On Feb 25, 2020
iLegendd:

You have a point. Sadly, this is the main reason Nigeria will never grow. When a Fulani misbehaves, another Fulani man will keep mute.

If this keeping mute continues in the name of "my people" how will the entire nation grow?

But what we see in terms of YORUBA person correcting a fellow Yoruba person is mostly born out of envy, bring-him-down attitude, hate and personal brawls.

If they are correcting based on love it would be fine and the resultant effect of that on the country would be a good change.

Like this George, he is a known enemy of Tinubu. He thinks Tinubu alone is cornering what belongs to them all.

Where was he when Tinubu was building his strength in Lagos. Wasn't he a Gov before Tinubu?

Tinubu can he a thief, but he has a foresight. Same money they(likes of Bode George, Ogunnewe) had but never used to build the resources to hone the state, Tinubu harnessed it to become what he is today.

Same thing has happened to Falae of Ondo. He had both the money, resources and connects to hold Ondo state, but he was busy enjoying those things alone without growing others.

Foresight is what anyone can have to be called a leader, if that is absent, such a man only walks-.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Konquest: 11:22am On Feb 25, 2020
hisexcellency34:

https://www.independent.ng/tinubu-failed-as-governor-he-wont-make-a-successful-president-bode-george/
^^^^
^^^^
Bode George is garrulous and talks trash sometimes
at the age of 75!

Tinubu laid the groundwork for the urban renewal of Lagos
State after the massive infrastructural decay that had set in
over the years as a result of the unguided, massive influx
of people from all over the world into Lagos State
especially from the early 1970s to the early 2000s...
and it is still bursting at the seams! The Governors
that took after Asiwaju Bola Tinubu [who is a chartered
accountant and former senior staff of Mobil Nigeria]
also built on the foundation left by Tinubu.
I still prefer his legacies because he helped to
increase the IGR of Lagos State from a paltry sum
in 1999 to the 2000s to the billions per month
that it is today.

When Bode George was a naval officer and was the
military Governor of Ondo State from 1988-1990, he was
involved in a scam that the iconic Newswatch magazine
[originally founded by Mr. Dele Giwa and his close associates
like Ray Ekpu, Dan Agbese, etc.]revealed. His government
bought a refurbished passenger boat that was NOT new
and it was passed off as a newly imported boat to be used
in the Ilaje/river side area of Ondo State. The photograph
of the so-called passenger mass transit boat was published
in the magazine... detailing the INFLATED cost and other
contracts allegedly INFLATED by Bode George
and some of his cronies during the military rule
where civilians could not even ask important questions
and get detailed answers... or you could be framed up
sometimes and sent to jail! Democracy is the BEST
no matter what. At least you can asked questions
now.

The Ilajes of Ondo State themselves exposed the boat as a
refurbished SCAM and it developed engine faults right after
it was commisioned. I remember this story broke in the
African Concord and in Newsweek magazine because the
magazines are some of the 1960s/1970/1980s/1990s
magazines in my original library collections.

So this man should shut his mouth and stop exposing
himself the more... On the other hand I think it is old age
or age-related issues that are making him to talk in
an unguarded manner like this. Silence is Golden!
If he hasn't been talking too much lately, I probably
would NOT have been typing this now.

With the change in the military government, the boat purchase
scam for the Ilaje people for mass transit was buried...
but it can still be resurrected by the law courts!

Enough said.

Cc: Stillthebest, oyatz, kayjay69,
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by kayjay69(m): 12:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
A private citizen that continues to control the commonwealth of the State of Lagos.

Private citizen indeed!

While I do not agree with Bode George nor the politics of win at all costs he oversaw during his Vice Chairmanship of the SW within the PDP, he is always spot on when it comes to his comments regarding Mr Tinubu and people such as you should stay on point rather than attempt to launder Tinubu's image to the gullible public.

I dislike either men and all they stand for. I believe we Yorubas have more to offer by way of leadership than these two professional thieves. Infact, you can argue that men such as these two have overtime, through subverting of the party machinery, behind the scenes continue to compromise quality leaders or the public's access to quality leaders.

And now such men talk about becoming President, I laugh.

oyatz:
Pa Bode George ought to have outgrown his penchant to always see himself as a rival to Tinubu.

Virtually all the times he grants an interview he talks about Tinubu and Tinubu never bother to reply him.

Tinubu is now a private citizen, it looks more like a personal vedetta to be campaigning against a man who has left Government 13 years ago and is not holding any public post for now.

Mr George can give all the reasons why he thinks he will be a good president,instead of saying he wants to contest because of Tinubu.
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by sigiyaya(m): 12:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
Jack500:
See the useless Old fool talking thrash, if God say Tinubu will be Nigeria president, no one, I mean no one can stop it. After all, u said more than this concerning Buhari yet buhari is two times president today.

I honestly, will prefer Osibanjo(star boy) to Tinubu, but if it is Tinubu, so be it.

Meanwhile, I am waiting for the saddidst and Osu products from the yeast that cant make it in life without coming to lagos to come and abuse Tinubu their land Lord, instead of them to face their kerosene and wheel barrow empowerment governors, it is Tinubu that is their problem
Idiot God has nothing to do with Tinubu becoming the president of that failed state call Nigeria angry
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by DabuIIIT: 12:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
helinues:
Sir Bode George has been on the news lately? What is he up to gan gan?

May be he is eyeing presidency under Pdp..lol

MENTALus tantalus on the beat lolsssssss

grin grin
Lzaa immhotep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by StreetFight: 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
seunlayi:
He can never be the president, how can a bad representative that sold Yoruba out becomes president? If popularity now limited to his street in lagos

Bring out your father, let him contest against the Governor-General of the Yoruba race. Prove your worth and your family worth. Tinubu is not perfect, that Tinubu is a looter is not indoubt but neither you nor the ex-convict Bode George is in Tinubu's category.
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
DabuIIIT:

grin grin
Lzaa immhotep
Helinues just wants to chant Sai Baba grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by DaCharis2016: 1:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
Why is this man campaigning for tinubu already?

By the way, who told u he will become president?

Nobody will vote for him, except their normal rigging way.

And instead of nigerians to kick against such, they will rather keep calm and come rant on social media.
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by PCFC(m): 1:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
?

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by johnad3(m): 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
What do you mean he fail as a governor? FG refuses to release monthly allocation to him as a governor and he looked inwardly to be creative and created so many parastatal to generate income and you said he failed? When we are talking about failures current govt should be called failure cus no improvement in the nation's economy and besides, what have you done during your tenure? You condemned your boss and ended up been jailed, so who is a failure?

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by 77up(m): 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
lanrayco:

And bode George went to kirikiri for what offence again?

Please, kindly remind me?
grin cheesy

Maybe for raping 3yesrs only goat I guess cheesy

...and the Tinubu they want to kill them self for never even for ones reply them funny enough , none of them can ever point out a single case against Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by oyatz(m): 1:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
kayjay69:
A private citizen that continues to control the commonwealth of the State of Lagos.

Private citizen indeed!

While I do not agree with Bode George nor the politics of win at all costs he oversaw during his Vice Chairmanship of the SW within the PDP, he is always spot on when it comes to his comments regarding Mr Tinubu and people such as you should stay on point rather than attempt to launder Tinubu's image to the gullible public.

I dislike either men and all they stand for. I believe we Yorubas have more to offer by way of leadership than these two professional thieves. Infact, you can argue that men such as these two have overtime, through subverting of the party machinery, behind the scenes continue to compromise quality leaders or the public's access to quality leaders.

Mr Tinubu is a private citizen who is a member of political parties that has been winning elections in Lagos State since 1999 and there are many people in those parties.

In the USA, the Late Senator Nelson Rockefeller was five terms the Governor of New York State and Franklin D. Roosevelt was four terms the President of the United States.

If his political opponents don't want him to have any influence in the administration of the State, the most appropriate thing to do is to find the ways that can make the electorates vote more for their parties.

Constantly complaining about Tinubu will NOT achieve anything because nobody can ban him from participating in the politics of his State.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by oyatz(m): 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
sigiyaya:
Idiot God has nothing to do with Tinubu becoming the president of that failed state call Nigeria angry

Only very few people become presidents in a generation.

No man becomes the President of any country by mistakes... it's predestined.

Daniel 4:17=> '...That the living may know that the Most high rules in the Kingdoms of men and give it to whoever he wants'
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Oyindaberry(f): 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
No be lie
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Truthbites: 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Konquest: 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
kayjay69:

Private citizen indeed!

While I do not agree with Bode George nor the politics of win at all costs he oversaw during his Vice Chairmanship of the SW within the PDP,[s] he is always spot on when it comes to his comments regarding Mr Tinubu [/s]and people such as you should stay on point rather than attempt to launder Tinubu's image to the gullible public.

^^^^^
^^^^^
I agree with most of what YOU have stated in your post...
but Bode George hasNOT always been on point with
reference to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as YOU indicated.

His comments within the last 3 to 4 years have been
completely disjointed... more like schizophrenic
when refering to Tinubu.

Some years back he falsely accused Tinubu
of being behind his prison travails which led the
courts to sentence him to some time in prison for
contract-splitting. Any way I am very sure about the
inflated contracts issue when he was the Military Governor
of Ondo State from 1888-1990 which I talked about in
my first post on this thread. African Concord Magazine
and Newswatch magazine smoked him out with their
brilliant investigative journalism on the refurbish boat
used for water transportation in the Ilaje axis of Ondo
purchased via inflated. Some of us still have sharp
memories on past events because keep magazines
and important newspapers in our personal libraries.

Then he says as a Christian, he habours NO grudges towards
anyone and that he and Tinubu have reconciled about 2
years ago... and then in one fell swoop, he continues to
rant about Tinubu in 2020. Something definitely is not
right here.

And tell me who is going to vote for a 75-year-old now
in Nigeria when younger, savvy men and women below
60 exist? Even Tinubu should only remain behind the
scenes and guide the younger generation because
I have also seen that his reflexes are slowing down.
4 years ago, I saw his hand shaking for the
first time which is a sign of some kind of neurological
disorder such as parkinsons and his voice was slurred.
Although he seems to have improved a bit which is
cool. I know that a new type of surgery exists now
for managing vibrations from parkinsons or alzheimers
called DBS. He may have gone for such surgery
on one of his previous trips abroad.

Anyhow... it is Bode George that needs to shut up
and stop saying things to pull his fellow kinsman
down because of some subconscious envy.

All the best!
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by richie240: 3:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
oyatz:

It yaf tay since I commented but u kinda made me chuckle here, I just had to comment.
"Rival" did u say? Chai, its an insult to tinubu.

Its like comparing ighalo to Ronaldo/messi.
My brother, e nor rhyme at-all at-all.
cheesy
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by LZAA: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
immhotep:

Helinues just wants to chant Sai Baba grin
Helinues our beloved BMC kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by LZAA: 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
DabuIIIT:

grin grin
Lzaa immhotep
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Legendguru: 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
All of you are the same
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by ussv: 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
This Bode is a clown. I am sure he thinks he is more qualified because he was "very successful as a PDP leader in southwest" . I am not rooting for Tinubu but if you want to throw a jig at failure, not from Bode . He should have used corruption to throw that jig .
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Konquest: 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
StreetFight:

Bring out your father, let him contest against the Governor-General of the Yoruba race. Prove your worth and your family worth. Tinubu is not perfect, that Tinubu is a looter is not indoubt but neither you nor the ex-convict Bode George is in Tinubu's category.
^^^^^
^^^^^
These are strong words you have use... looter?
OK... where is the EVIDENCE of looting?

I'm someone who always stands for justice
no matter whose ox is gored!

Remember that the PDP DUBIOUSLY and HURRIEDLY
produced FAKE and unsubstanciated series of documentaries
on Tinubu's alleged looting of Lagos State on March 1, 2015
of 2015 just before the main presidential elections.
AIT did that devilish video which was broadcast
on AIT and online... very defamatory content.

Tinubu took AIT and Raymond Dokpesi to
court and sued him for defamation of character
running into N150 billion and would have won
the case and bankrupted AIT, but for the fact
that the court order AIT to make a public apology
to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu on primetime TV on AIT
and also retract all the documentaries.

It was an out of court settlement brokered by
lawyers on both sides LED BY Mike Ozekhome for
Raymond Dokpesi. Dokpesi collected billions
from the reckless and desperate politicians do the
dirty and insulting documentary which
was proved in court to be ENTIRELY FALSE.

Justice Akinkugbe after adopting the settlement by
both parties, ordered DAAR Communications Plc to publicly
and unequivocally retract the documentary and also tender
an unreserved public apology to Tinubu.

Read more here:
1] https://guardian.ng/news/tinubu-dokpesi-settle-n150-billion-libel-suit-out-of-court/
"Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court"

2] http://www.aitonline.tv/post-tinubu_and_ait_agree_to_settle_out_of_court
Management of AIT on January 29th 2016, sent a letter of apology to Tinubu.
Read the letter by clicking the AIT link above.

3] https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/198019-tinubu-withdraws-suit-ait-apology-embarrassing-documentary.html

I was even angry with Tinubu and his legal
team for accepting the apology from AIT
because the Lion of Bourdilon Documentary
really damaged his image and even till
today... some people still believe the contents
of that video that was shown every night on
AIT to tarnish Tinubu and even Buhari's
image was falsely battered on NTA Network
every night via another false documentary.

I hope this helps to refresh your memory
as regards the power play and falsehood
that politicians engage in?

Have a great week ahead... All the best!

1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by sigiyaya(m): 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
oyatz:

Only very few people become presidents in a generation.

No man becomes the President of any country by mistakes... it's predestined.

Daniel 4:17=> '...That the living may know that the Most high rules in the Kingdoms of men and give it to whoever he wants'
grin grin grin Slave quoting his masters mind controlling book called Bible grin grin grin Wake up man grin grin
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by oyatz(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
sigiyaya:
grin grin grin Slave quoting his masters mind controlling book called Bible grin grin grin Wake up man grin grin

Spiritual laws are the same, whether it's in Islam, Christianity, Hindu, Zoroastrianism or African Traditional Religion.

In the Yoruba cosmology, the concept of predestination is a well known and widely acknowledged belief (this is what Yorubas called akosejaiye).

You can make your comments without insults like calling someone who never abuse you 'slaves'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kendoo Gifts Oshodi Residents Ramadan Package. / Civil Servants Demand N907,000 Minimum Wage, Give Reasons / Eunice Orji Kalu Down With Hiv/aids (the Mother Of Former Governor Of Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.