Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President (16775 Views)

Bode George: Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition A Huge Joke / Bode George: Tinubu Has No Certificates, Steals Huge Amounts Of Money Monthly / Obaseki’s Edo Victory: Tinubu Failed To Learn From History - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by hisexcellency34: 6:56am On Feb 25, 2020
Chief Olabode George is a former National Deputy Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, the Atona Oodua of Yorubaland speaks on the latest development in the polity as well as his rumoured presidential ambition. Excerpts:

The National Leadership of the PDP said you erroneously misinterpreted the actions of the National Working Committee (NWC) with respect to the election of the Lagos State executive committee of the party. How will you react to this?

The person who said that doesn’t know what he is talking about. I was one of those who started this party; not the G-34 but since 1998, I have been a staunch member of this party. I was the first elected Vice-Chairman of South-West. I spent over 10 years at the national secretariat of the PDP. I have risen meritoriously from Vice Chairman (South West) to Deputy Chairman (South) and Deputy Chairman overall. They can’t teach me what is in the party’s constitution. If an elected member in any structure at any level, be it ward, local government, state, zonal or national resigns, dies or leaves the party, somebody will fill his position in acting capacity. In most cases, that person will be the deputy to the person whose position is vacant. The person acting will not stay for more than 90 days. Then, the excos at the level will meet and elect another person to that position from the same zone where that fellow who left came from. So, what am I mixing together? I will give you the party’s constitution so that you can read it yourself. When Moshood Salvador left the party in an unusual circumstance, Alhaji Waliu Hassan, the deputy state chairman acted in his place. Then, we all met with the full exco. Four people contested for the position of state chairman, Adegbola Dominic, Agbaje from Ojo Local government, Okunola and another candidate. We had the election and Dominic was elected. All of a sudden, they started saying that Dominic will only act for 90 days and I said ‘what are they talking about?’ and they said I am mixing things up. Let them come and show me what I got wrong. They are the ones who are putting logic upside down because this issue is so clear. Dominic comes from the same zone as Salvador and he was duly elected.

We had to go to court. The leader of the party now in the South-West, Governor Seyi Makinde was here last week to intervene and he provided a suggested solution. He led former governor of Ekiti state, Ayo Fayose and Eddy Olafeso and the South-West zonal secretary here. As a party man, we listened to them. But I told them that I am not the only leader of the party here To me, the disrespect is that you have an elder who is not just a Lagos elder; all of them came in much later except Uche Secondus who was there from the beginning. When I was Vice-Chairman and a member of the National Working Committee, Secondus was chairman of Rivers state chapter of PDP. My grouse is that how can they say that the man whom we elected (Dominic) as state chairman should serve for 90 days? What they don’t realise is that Dominic has only one year. Let them just exercise patience and allow him complete his tenure. Then, whoever wants to contest can go ahead.

It has been alleged that the national leadership wants Dominic out at all cost because they felt he is one of your staunch loyalist. Do you also share this view?

Is the PDP a private business of anybody? It is a voluntary organisation. What else do I want to be in the party with all I have achieved? Let them go and do whatever they want to do. Time will tell of their style of management and the confusion. Leadership is not something you elect, it emerges. I haven’t attended any of their meetings since 2018 when former President Goodluck Jonathan launched his book titled, “My Transition Hours” in Abuja. You can see the total confusion and mess. We are suggesting that they should go back and call the elders to prepare us for the next set of elections. If they feel they want to sideline the party elders and run the party on their own, let them do it. Anybody who says an elder is not a fit and proper person; he himself will become an elder soon. It is just a matter of time. Those who were saying we don’t want elders to become this and that, where are they today? A child sees herbs and calls it vegetable. No matter what happens, I have said any day I quit the PDP, I am going home because the other party, APC is not a political party but a congregation of strange bedfellows. As for the PDP leadership, I don’t want to fire back at them because they are junior to me in age, experience and exposure. Let Secondus face me and talk. Has he forgotten what I did for him when he left as chairman of PDP in Rivers state? I had to go and beg late President Umaru Yar’Adua on his behalf and he accepted. When you are up, you pull people up. That is the way I was trained. When I assisted in pulling people up, I don’t expect any reward or payback; I am a professional and I have my business that I am doing very effectively. I also have a highly respectable, happy family. So, what am I looking for again? As an elder, I can’t just watch and allow a party we labored to build just waste away like that. That is why we keep shouting that they should not destroy the party. They have their period now and cannot be there in perpetuity. Secondus cannot be there in perpetuity. As an elder, there are so many information that I have and I know certain things are not right but it is not for public consumption. That is the way an elder behaves.

As a Yoruba leader, don’t you think your contesting the 2023 presidential election against Asiwaju Bola Tinubu may be seen as a sign of division in the region?

We have some elders that we meet regularly. I was away for a while. When they read that they will be zoning presidency to the South-West and Bola Tinubu will be contesting, they didn’t ask for my permission; they said ‘yes, I must contest’. They said if Tinubu must contest, I must contest. Am I not qualified by age, experience or training? I have traversed the length and breadth of this country, I see the weaknesses and strengths of every areas. It will be the greatest disservice for our nation to have him contest as a presidential candidate. I am a true son of Lagos. Of all the governors who have ruled this state, Tinubu’s period is the worst. So, how can he succeed as President? He did virtually nothing. The debt profile of Lagos today is so humongous. After the debt of the federal government, the next is Lagos state. Is that the person we should consider as our next president?

President Buhari was recently booed by residents of Maiduguri during his sympathy visit to Borno state. What is your reaction to that?

That is a very bad sign. If the start losing the confidence of government, it is a wake-up call.

https://www.independent.ng/tinubu-failed-as-governor-he-wont-make-a-successful-president-bode-george/

9 Likes

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Okoroawusa: 7:08am On Feb 25, 2020
Hahahahaha!

Maybe the person below has something to say..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by oyatz(m): 7:32am On Feb 25, 2020
Pa Bode George ought to have outgrown his penchant to always see himself as a rival to Tinubu.

Virtually all the times he grants an interview he talks about Tinubu and Tinubu never bother to reply him.

Tinubu is now a private citizen, it looks more like a personal vedetta to be campaigning against a man who has left Government 13 years ago and is not holding any public post for now.

Mr George can give all the reasons why he thinks he will be a good president,instead of saying he wants to contest because of Tinubu.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by nairavsdollars(f): 8:06am On Feb 25, 2020
APC will determine that, not PDP

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by SonofDevil: 8:12am On Feb 25, 2020
Pa Tewonde,(ex convict) Tinubu is not your rival. Jagaban is Miles ahead of you in all ramifications.you re just a pained attention seeker

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by nairalee(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2020
In saner climes he'd be hung in a public stadium upside down by the scotrum for forcing Buhari down our throats

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Jack500: 8:41am On Feb 25, 2020
See the useless Old fool talking thrash, if God say Tinubu will be Nigeria president, no one, I mean no one can stop it. After all, u said more than this concerning Buhari yet buhari is two times president today.

I honestly, will prefer Osibanjo(star boy) to Tinubu, but if it is Tinubu, so be it.

Meanwhile, I am waiting for the saddidst and Osu products from the yeast that cant make it in life without coming to lagos to come and abuse Tinubu their land Lord, instead of them to face their kerosene and wheel barrow empowerment governors, it is Tinubu that is their problem

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by NotBeenPaid: 8:41am On Feb 25, 2020

His stooges think otherwise - They'd come for Bode's head!

4 Likes

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by SolarKing1: 8:41am On Feb 25, 2020
I'm learning a lot here.
iLegendd:

You have a point. Sadly, this is the main reason Nigeria will never grow. When a Fulani misbehaves, another Fulani man will keep mute.
If this keeping mute continues in the name of "my people" how will the entire nation grow?

LordGuru:
When it comes to packing wealth and position from the Center to your region, wise tribe always support their own. Due to Nigeria configuration, that is the only way it works until Nigeria divides. The other 2 major tribes have gotten the best of Nigeria for their own People through this. But senseless Yorubas that claims to be the "holiest" have never succeeded in pulling any "corrupt" Igbo or Fulani down, but their very own fellow Yorubas. What kind of useless "holier than thou" people that never learn from History to make life better for their next generation. This their self-destructive mentality made Igbos to control their economy, while Fulnis control their politics.

3 Likes

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by helinues: 8:41am On Feb 25, 2020
Sir Bode George has been on the news lately? What is he up to gan gan?

May be he is eyeing presidency under Pdp..lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by IamPatriotic(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2020
Chief Bode George will be the Director- General, Publicity and Strategy for Asiwaju 2023. Correct me, if I'm right!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by libson001(m): 8:42am On Feb 25, 2020
yes...he looted everything during his administration
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by jieta: 8:42am On Feb 25, 2020
Why the constant attack on tinubu personality, why not sell your self to Nigeria tell us what difference you will bring to the table.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Slawormir: 8:42am On Feb 25, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

I agree
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 25, 2020
Nnamdi Kanu for President 2023

5 Likes

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by seunlayi(m): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2020
He can never be the president, how can a bad representative that sold Yoruba out becomes president? If popularity now limited to his street in lagos

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by PlayerMeji: 8:43am On Feb 25, 2020
Lol...

All these Tinubu can't be Nigerian President News is just reversed psychology...

Nobody in his rightful mind would be bothered about Tinubu in the first place.

It's just like someone now begins to make noise that IBB cannot be Nigerian president, everybody who knows IBB at this moment knows he is not enjoying the best of health at the moment.

Same thing for Tinubu, he is better off as a king maker, than a president.

They are just building his cult-like image we know he is not nursing such pursuits.

And he's keeping quiet so that his image will be larger.

Art of War, baby!

6 Likes

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:43am On Feb 25, 2020
God bless Lagos state.

God bless Nigeria.

By the way,

Lecturer : Do you know why Lagos State remains the best state in Nigeria?!

Students : Because it has never been governed by PDP

Lecturer : Good answer guys.
End of class for today.
Have a nice day everyone.

Students : Thank you! wink
Yipeee wink

STARBOY ALL THE WAY!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by YungMike(m): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2020
None of those men are fit to be a Primary School Headmaster.

We need young vibrant human to lead the nation. All these men wana keep recycling political seats in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, if you're outside the country and you wish to be calling your family and friends in Nigeria for as low as 10kb/s with no roaming charges. DOWNLOAD the SmileVoice app and hit me up for more information.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by superlanny(m): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2020
Everybody is talking, this ex convict and prolific criminal is opening his smelly mouth , spewing rubbish.
Bode George, you and Tinubu are birds of a feather, in fact he is smarter than you, he never got caught.
So just STFU and enjoy retirement.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Smithkafors(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2020
See them above defending tinubu..... someone that couldn't develop Lagos State despite being a former governor and kingmaker.God forbid tinubu to become the president of this country.....you can't give what you don't have.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Kobicove(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2020
Is Bode George talking because he has something sensible to say or just cos he wants to hear his own voice.

To say that Tinubu's tenure as governor of Lagos state is the worst is a blatant lie from the deepest part of hell!

8 Likes

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by lanrayco(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2020
libson001:
yes...he looted everything during his administration

And bode George went to kirikiri for what offence again?

Please, kindly remind me?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by sassiemyk: 8:44am On Feb 25, 2020
What will happen if people with vision contests for Presidency in Nigeria? When people below 60 years are elected? Why are these same old thieves the only ones qualified?
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by White007(m): 8:45am On Feb 25, 2020
Tinubu that brought Buhari on us grin cheesy grin, you want to be a president so that Mc Oluomo will be Senate president & the agberos & touts will be everywhere.
God will put some of you to sleep for this country to move ahead!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by funmike83(f): 8:45am On Feb 25, 2020
Lol
Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by Ojiofor: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2020
I concur with Bode George.
Abiola saw the promised land and couldn't step on it, Tiefnubu won't even see any land at all.
His presidential ambition is DOA.
He should concentrate on milking Lagos state economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Tinubu Failed As Lagos Governor, He Can't Be Nigeria's President by seunlayi(m): 8:45am On Feb 25, 2020
Before the end of 2022, apc will be in total shambles, You don't need to be told by a prophet. Tinubu is therefore a looser on this and beside, can't he just go somewhere and enjoy his loot before that Karma catches up with him?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eunice Orji Kalu Down With Hiv/aids (the Mother Of Former Governor Of Abia State / DSS WARNS of Planned Boko Haram attacks in Abuja / FG, Govs Seek Recruitment Of Corps Members For Community Policing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.