Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,116 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Car To Car Crash Test Demonstrates Double Standard On Vehicle Safety In Africa - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car To Car Crash Test Demonstrates Double Standard On Vehicle Safety In Africa (992 Views)

Safest Cars On Nigerian Roads 2018 Based On IIHS Crash Test Ratings. / The Real People Who Were Used As Car Crash Test Dummies In 1970s Germany / Koenigsegg Posts $2m Regera Crash Test Video To Celebrate 1m Instagram Followers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car To Car Crash Test Demonstrates Double Standard On Vehicle Safety In Africa by markpenk: 7:57am On Feb 25, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/embed/UL_2MdSTM7g

In the first test of its kind, Global NCAP has crashed the best-selling pick up model in Africa, the 2019 Nissan NP300 Hardbody, into a second-hand Nissan Navara NP300 manufactured in Europe in 2015.

The unique car to car crash test graphically demonstrates the double standard currently applied by Nissan and other car makers to vehicle safety in Africa.

The difference in safety performance between the new African model and the second-hand European version is a matter of life and death.

The crash test driver dummy in the new African Nissan would have likely sustained fatal injuries, the driver of the equivalent second-hand European model would have likely walked away from the crash.

The second-hand European car is fitted with the life saving crash avoidance anti-skid system, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), the new African version is not.
Re: Car To Car Crash Test Demonstrates Double Standard On Vehicle Safety In Africa by oseiwe(m): 8:18am On Feb 25, 2020
Have you seen Dana kia or south African corolla specs? Full time life hazards.
Re: Car To Car Crash Test Demonstrates Double Standard On Vehicle Safety In Africa by markpenk: 8:20am On Feb 25, 2020
Really? I haven't. Do you have the links? Please post if you do. Thanks.

oseiwe:
Re: Car To Car Crash Test Demonstrates Double Standard On Vehicle Safety In Africa by AmuDimpka: 10:17am On Feb 25, 2020
oseiwe:
this is why I stick to Benz

I can't come and kee myself biko

(1) (Reply)

2018 Chevy Silverado Stock Horn/train Horn Possible Wiring Issue / 2003 Camry Engine Burning Oil / D Light Blinking Honda 2003/2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.