Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,487 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production (18174 Views)

FG Mulls Single Salary Scale For Federal Civil Service MDAs / FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens / FG Mulls New Tax On Coke, Bigi, Other Soft Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by hammerU: 11:25am On Feb 25, 2020
YORUBA AND HAUSA ARE FOOLS.

UK, CHINA, RUSSIA, FRANCE AND US HAVE NOT BAN PLASTIC PRODUCTION.

IT IS NIGERIA THAT IMPORT EVERYTHING THAT WANT TO BAN PLASTIC PRODUCTION, SO THEY CAN GO AND IMPORT THEM.

SENSELESS PEOPLE

cc pazienza
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by AkuluAmu: 11:31am On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
cool instead of banning plastics cant we be more civilized and recycle our waste properly or are we that primitive .... alternatives to plastic bags are paper bags which also mean we would be hurting more trees making papers and further risking global warming
[/s]
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by ebukason3(m): 11:53am On Feb 25, 2020
Seriously this plastics constitute some nuisance on our water ways, especially in the island.

But strongly disagree with the banning of plastic companies, instead new companies should be establish to recycle plastics, and also recycle wastes from State waste management agency.
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by Glorylynn: 11:58am On Feb 25, 2020
These ones will just open mouth and talk trash,yes we all know conventional plastic is not ecofriendly and has huge detrimental effect due to the organic polymer gotten from petrochemical source,but a country like Nigeria that cannot even provide employment wants to ban conventional plastics grin are they kidding me? Bio-based plastics are 2times more expensive than conventional plastics although they have a lot of advantages,but a country like Nigeria that cannot even produce renewable feedstock enough to feed the populace wants to ban conventional plastics grin I laugh in Japanese,even developed countries like Germany,USA is still finding it difficult to switch to bioplastics.it is clear this people just bring up unrealistic ideas to take huge money from the government and pocket it. If you have to switch from conventional plastics to bio plastics you have to start by proper recycling of the conventional plastics,if I may ask how many plastic recycling industries are functional in Nigeria? I hate the fact that these people thinks we are all educated illiterates trates who they can just come out and tell unreasonable stories.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by Tunagee(m): 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
don4real18:

What about plastic bowls, plates etc? You can't just ban plastics outright

They are talking about pet bottles from bottle water and beverage drinks like coke and bigi.
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by franklinnwaGOD(m): 12:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
It pains me to see our leader act like animals.instead of those stupid fools to encourage production and industries they are banning d little we have. No wonder d white take us as fools
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by wellmax(m): 12:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
ybalogs:
Do we have a valid substitute to the plastics and the jobs that may be lost when banned??

Kenyabanned plastic bags long time ago, and told shop owners to go for biogradable bags.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/plastic-bag-ban-works-kenya_n_5e272713c5b63211761a4698
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by johnbull2017(m): 12:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
That's the way forward.
Ban to single use plastics(polymers, pet bottles, nylons etc). They are biodegradable and it's very harmful to humans and the environment.
Let do this simple experiment:
1. Check your waste bin you have at home/shop/office, you would see you have more of plastic wastes than any other wastes.
2. Walk down your street (just your street), tell me if you won't see plastics littered on the floor(some have been there over a year).

One big company in Nigeria, stopped paper packed juice, then changed to plastics, simply because it's cheap. It can only happen here in Nigeria.

Some states in USA already ban the use of plastic, many African countries did likewise.
Let us encourage the use of paper packs and discourage plastic.

PS: Plastics includes "any form of nylons and pet bottles) And they both have alternatives, paper packs and cans respectively.
Let do some research ourselves and make our conclusions.
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by ogmask: 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:
cool instead of banning plastics cant we be more civilized and recycle our waste properly or are we that primitive .... alternatives to plastic bags are paper bags which also mean we would be hurting more trees making papers and further risking global warming

@Bolded, Na today u know?
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by johnbull2017(m): 1:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by thundafire: 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
When others the talk Nigeria dey talk to replace with wat
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by lexy2014: 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
ProWalker:

So until we devised “more environmentally sustainable ways”, we should keep blocking drainages, waterways and all street gutters with plastic bottles.

The way some of you reason, it’s apparent that if they allow you to rule the country for a day, every thing will collapse and there won’t be a country again

And if they allow u to rule d country, will u do any better? Pls remove d log from your eyes b4 u see d spec in d eyes of others. D discussion isn't about whether ur fellow nigerians can rule Nigeria or not.

What do u understand by "environmentally sustainable ways"?
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by ProWalker: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
lexy2014:

And if they allow u to rule d country, will u do any better? Pls remove d log from your eyes b4 u see d spec in d eyes of others. D discussion isn't about whether ur fellow nigerians can rule Nigeria or not.

Tell us, and how you will implement such with our peculiarities as a nation.

You think governance is just about flaunting high sounding oyinbo words here on the internet?
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by nakaman: 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
so they do not know crude oil too is causing pollution, they should aswell stop refining oil, bunch of Ingrid's developed countries still have plastic plant industries and still run their administration well. Nigeria na scam
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by Reazest: 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
ProWalker:

So until we devised “more environmentally sustainable ways”, we should keep blocking drainages, waterways and all street gutters with plastic bottles.

The way some of you reason, it’s apparent that if they allow you to rule the country for a day, every thing will collapse and there won’t be a country again
It is u that have problems. What we need is modernize recycling, not ban. Nigerians are kind of people who take actions without thinking. The reason the country is backward. Let think of effective recycling and what can be produced from recycled plastic. Nigeria won't move forward with the way we think.
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by Legendguru: 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oh
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by Orpe7(m): 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2020
Major Culprits
Nigerians
Shoprite with their excessive use of nylon bags
Plastic bottle companies

These 3 are the reasons plastic pollution full everywhere
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by Grann(m): 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
blackboy2star:
Recycling is what should be their top priority...
exactly ...I just started learning how to recycle this plastics waste back into the nylon we all see around and trust me the business is very good.What the government should do is to invest more in recycling. After all ,if you recyle them instead of dumping them in water ways it'll be a win win ;we make profit and the environment is safe
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by itunity007(m): 4:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
E no go work IJN......what will happen to plastic companys workers?
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by lexy2014: 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
ProWalker:

Tell us, and how you will implement such with our peculiarities as a nation.

You think governance is just about flaunting high sounding oyinbo words here on the internet?

What are our peculiarities as a ntion? Since u feel I don't no what governance is all about, pls tell me what it is about.

NB: hope ur use of "peculiarities as a nation" and "governance" aren't high sounding oyibo words u are flaunting here on d internet?
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by ProWalker: 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
lexy2014:

[s]What do u understand by "environmentally sustainable ways"?
What are our peculiarities as a ntion? Since u feel I don't no what governance is all about, pls tell me what it is about.

NB: hope ur use of "peculiarities as a nation" and "governance" aren't high sounding oyibo words u are flaunting here on d internet?[/s]

Not interested in this gibberish
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by ProWalker: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Reazest:
It is u that have problems. What we need is modernize recycling, not ban. Nigerians are kind of people who take actions without thinking. The reason the country is backward. Let think of effective recycling and what can be produced from recycled plastic. Nigeria won't move forward with the way we think.

What is stopping you from starting a recycling company? What are you waiting for ?

Or you want govt to open that one too ??

The easiest job to do in this world is to criticize, complain and condemn govt and others
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by wirinet(m): 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
Dbboy:
There goes a country that produces nothing banning people means of livelihoods. What is the percentage of plastic we produce in the world as compared to china or the USA.
You will be surprised by the amount of plastic bottles, satchels and bags we produce. I own house is overwelmed by plastic bottles. We have water, coke, merinda, five alive and other bottles all over my house. My bins are always full. It got me thinking about this plastic problem even before now.

Nigerians use and dispose million of plastic bottles everyday. Where do they all end up? In the gutters and eventually in the oceans, since we don't have a waste management system. It's a huge problem today and would be a catastrophe very soon. Look into all the gutters in this dry season, they are all filled with empty plastic bottles. We are not even talking about plastic satchel for pure water and food packaging yet.

We need to replace plastic packaging with something that's bio degradable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by lexy2014: 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
ProWalker:

Not interested in this gibberish

U aren't interested and u have responded to d gibberish 3 times. Why don't u just say u can't answer d questions I asked and u are running away?
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by baratech: 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2020
What about bottle water?
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by chewwie(m): 8:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Dbboy:
There goes a country that produces nothing banning people means of livelihoods. What is the percentage of plastic we produce in the world as compared to china or the USA.
Compare the India, the EU and Japan
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by slysteel: 11:08am On Feb 26, 2020
Captainrambo2:
Na polythene and nylon be problem of life. Not plastic abeg angry

Btw how many trees you go fall to replace plastic? Woods re expensive undecided
The two items you listed here are plastics.
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by mikolo80: 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
helinues:
Long overdue but they better provide the alternative before banning them.

what is alternative to plastic
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by mikolo80: 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
ProWalker:
Anytime I see drainages clogged with fuzzy drinks and water bottle plastics, I always dream of a day the govt will put a policy in place to ban eliminate or reduce the usage of such plastics
and replace with what.
Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by seguno2: 4:15am On Feb 27, 2020
mikolo80:
and replace with what.

With the things that others who can think have replaced it with.

2 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production by seguno2: 4:18am On Feb 27, 2020
Dbboy:

Feeble rational.
Making cocaine, heroine and other drugs are the means of livelihood of people also. Do you understand that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari / Aremo Osoba, Dapo Abiodun Pay A Visit to Pres. Buhari In Abuja / JUST IN: Pressure Mounts On Bago To Step Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.