Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices (58642 Views)

Hakeem Odumosu Reacts To Reports Of Robbers Disgusing As Beggars In Lekki/Ajah / Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Appeaceomo: 7:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
[25/02 19:04] Appeaceomo: Hey guy, am just being curious to share with you, I discover a fantastic program which I belief can add an extra income to our pocket monthly without disturbing what you are currently doing, I will like you to join the group to learn from the expert. Here is the group link
[25/02 19:04] Appeaceomo: Join Our Own WhatsApp 10toInfinity Group: https:///DGdb903vdqqH4WHid4H0P0
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by luluman: 7:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
eagleu:
Someone has worked really hard to assemble them here.
Work of opposition be dat
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by luluman: 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Samyj247:
North
God bless your response se: Let the beggars go back to where they came from now, Since begging has been an occupation in their town, it is not in Lagos.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by luluman: 7:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
hisexcellency34:
I thought Lagos is no man's land. Why are they victimizing them? They are capable of bringing Sanwo-Olu's government down if provoked
Have yeebos not been socialized enough that Lagos is not a "no man's land"

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by adedayourt(m): 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
Look at these useless Northern, they left their huts in the north and start constitution nuisance here in Lagos.

Get them all arrested and bundle them back to the slum they came from.

4 Likes

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by luluman: 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hoephase:
Looks more like Hausas-Fulani than Yorubas. grin

ofcourse now,begging is more of their way of life.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
I know it.
They have to be Sai Babarians.
Begging kee dem dia. undecided

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by BillionPAGE(m): 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
There's nothing we won't see in this country. It's
now the turn of beggers to protest and according to them, for their "Right". The question is, Right to what exactly?
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by adeoba2008(m): 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
They show go back to their states.

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by adeoba2008(m): 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2020
BillionPAGE:
There's nothing we won't see in this country. It's
now the turn of beggers to protest and according to them, for their "Right". The question is, Right to what exactly?

Right there beg.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Emmannn101(m): 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
They are mad

Fuvk you all, bunch of illiterates

Go and protest at Abuja where your Buhari lives

I have said it before and I'll still repeat it that Muslims and Northerners are the problems of this country

2 Likes

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by sofiscatedmoron: 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
Iruabua:
Children that should be in school are begging on the streets
Pick up one or two of them anf train dem in skull
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Mizwisdom(f): 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hardly will you see an Igbo beggar, Hausa Muslims go and learn from them
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
Are these not northerners? What concerns the Lagos government with them? How many of such protests have they carried out in their various states?
The northern government came together some time ago to stop begging cos it is an embarrassment to the north. They were empowered but they spent the monies and returned to begging so the government started arresting them. That's why most fled down here.
They should pack all of them inside tomatoes trucks to dump at Kano. How many of them have ever been to school talk less of writing in English?
I thought Fashola launched "No streets for beggars", why did his successors notcontinue?
So, every jobless person now was either a keke or Okada owner, right!
Cease shall never wonder!
Beggars Association of Nigeria?
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Bbbwings: 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ladycewhy:
Lol, why southerners give these people money beats me. One yeye idiot said the other time that begging was their culture.

Dear Southerners stop giving people who feel they are entitled to your money,let them starve on the streets if they want to or let them follow tomatos lorry back to their various states to continue their begging culture there.

The day I saw a Hausa woman beggar eating food I cannot afford with two meat and pure water is the day I stopped giving these beggars money,to think all her kids were there too hustling and holding people's clothes to beg for money made it even more disgusting.
grin
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by iamharkinwaley: 7:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ladycewhy:
Lol, why southerners give these people money beats me. One yeye idiot said the other time that begging was their culture.

Dear Southerners stop giving people who feel they are entitled to your money,let them starve on the streets if they want to or let them follow tomatos lorry back to their various states to continue their begging culture there.

The day I saw a Hausa woman beggar eating food I cannot afford with two meat and pure water is the day I stopped giving these beggars money,to think all her kids were there too hustling and holding people's clothes to beg for money made it even more disgusting.

You should care for the poor, change your ways....
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by back2sender: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
decharlic:
This is the good opportunity to deport them back to their state. See children that are supposed to be in school now.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by mauchiz: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
Na waaoo,

President Buhari should come and take care of his children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by MrPaul2: 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
eagleu:
Someone has worked really hard to assemble them here.

ritual sponsors hand work

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Memberclub(m): 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

And in the south, Yahoo bois, kidnappers, cultisim, baby factories, fraudsters etc...are also keeping the country backwards too..

bro your people are street beggars. Think about that first.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Aladdin1(m): 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2020
See dem!! united union of amagiri beggars.dem leave north come south to constitute nuisance.mtcheww!! Awon bambiallah crew!!!
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Ajixegun: 7:46pm On Feb 25, 2020
Carioca:

Gbam!
Exactly the same thing happened to me,
These people make so much money from begging,

The one that pain me most is after they beg finished, they will go and wash the money,
They do that because the money was given to them by infidels, kafir or unbelievers, so to them the money is unclean.

I heard of this same thing about money from 'infidels'. Can you imagine, calling the givers infidels? Well, as for me, I don't give a kobo to them anymore both to the old and young ones.

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Orpe7(m): 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
Wonders shall never cease
Na sanwo no use this opportunity round una up go drop una for your various states
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by DennisEche(m): 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2020
Reminds of the book the beggars strike
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2020
Memberclub:
bro your people are street beggars. Think about that first.

As are many southerners.

I'm a Southerner too. And I have been around this country a bit, so I know what I speak of
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
The state government owes them their welfare so Baba Sanwolu provide for them and not arrest.

Which state? Are they Lagosians?
They are being arrested in the North when they refused empowerment, that's why they are here.
What is Sanwo Olu's business with them?
They should go and ask their various governors for their entitlement if any.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Truthbites: 7:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
In sanr climes, everyone is entitled to something
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
sulaak:

They are beggars because they have been failed by society and government.

The same society and government failed you and I too.
Are you among them? If no, why?
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by soliddust2020: 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
newdawn2017:
really?? shocked
ttyt

The guy was powerful, They blocked government house and benin-asaba-onitsha express for over 6 hours. Delta state commiossioner of police arrested them but order from above came that they should be released immediately. delta state government was settling the union through cash, empowerment and a few jobs.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Memberclub(m): 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

As are many southerners.

I'm a Southerner too. And I have been around this country a bit, so I know what I speak of
okay fine. Please I will like know where in the south beggars are like this in the streets.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by chukwuyenumlove: 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
BUHARI AND HIS GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THE HAPPENINGS IN THIS COUNTRY

ASSOCIATION OF BEGGARS
ASSOCIATION OF BOKOHARAM
ASSOCIATION OF BANDITS
ASSOCIATION OF JOBLESSNESS
ASSOCIATION OF YAHOO

THE ASSOCIATIONS GOES ON AND ON

WHAT IS HAPPENING APC?
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by abeylee001: 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
Why is it that almost all of them are Aboki?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / Obiano Inspects Anambra Airport Dual-Carriage Way Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.