Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,825 members, 7,828,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices (58644 Views)

Hakeem Odumosu Reacts To Reports Of Robbers Disgusing As Beggars In Lekki/Ajah / Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by pocohantas(f): 8:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Lagos is so welcoming that they have homes for them- no jokes. I have been to one for my organization’s CSR.

Some of them speak so well, majority are able bodied, but they sat there, waiting to share donations.

Kids everywhere. I was wondering where they find time to fck, because they were grouped/housed based on their genders and ailments.

Ijawwomaninoyo:
Are these not northerners? What concerns the Lagos government with them? How many of such protests have they carried out in their various states?
The northern government came together some time ago to stop begging cos it is an embarrassment to the north. They were empowered but they spent the monies and returned to begging so the government started arresting them. That's why most fled down here.
They should pack all of them inside tomatoes trucks to dump at Kano. How many of them have ever been to school talk less of writing in English?
I thought Fashola launched "No streets for beggars", why did his successors notcontinue?
So, every jobless person now was either a keke or Okada owner, right!
Cease shall never wonder!
Beggars Association of Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by phreakabit(m): 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
Not ONE Igbo in sight! . . . grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by abeylee001: 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
hisexcellency34:
I thought Lagos is no man's land. Why are they victimizing them? They are capable of bringing Sanwo-Olu's government down if provoked
Dec. They can't bring his government down, nevertheless, that they were been sponsored by some people.

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Asianjollof007: 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
All these northern almajiris, go back to the north to establish your begging company. Sanwo-olu banned bikes and tricycles because of aboki bike riders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Realfrankie(m): 8:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
WTF, and they're very proud of it
9ja sha

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Dpaulie(m): 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
This is an embarrassment to the northern leaders...but thank God for them shame no Dey for their dictionary

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by RealTech1: 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
*Functions*

• It is a mouse,
• It can scan
• Scanned document can be edited
• Scanned document can be translated to 130 languages
• Ability to share scanned document instantly to social media sites
• Scanned document can be saved in Word, Excel, PDF, JPEG, etc
• It scans up to A3 paper

Call: 08109772752
Price : #9,999
*Free Delivery Within Lagos*

Video on how it works is available.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by worworbabe: 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
vickydevoka:

Go read am back to back. U fit download as u claim say u get internet

You are just one of those foolish people who post unverified things on the internet. You can't prove it and that's just it. Stop spewing thrash.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by DabuIIIT: 8:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Look at these fools...
Go back to the headquarters of begging where it's a full time job
Leave the city of God

Says an eru...

grin
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Which state? Are they Lagosians?
They are being arrested in the North when they refused empowerment, that's why they are here.
What is Sanwo Olu's business with them?
They should go and ask their various governors for their entitlement if any.

When it comes to social welfare you people claim they are not Lagosians but when it is for census and election purpose they suddenly become Lagos people. What arrant nonsense
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by vickydevoka(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
worworbabe:

You are just one of those foolish people who post unverified things on the internet. You can't prove it and that's just it. Stop spewing thrash.
I see. As u have insulted wats ur gain. Nothing buh hell. I would advise u to stop quoting people in an offensive manner
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Emirofmakurdi(m): 8:46pm On Feb 25, 2020
[quote author=itsme01 post=86951128] cool

Fashola would had just packed them and deport them immediately.. most of this beggars are fvcking rich

fucking rich? undecided
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by itsme01: 8:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
Emirofmakurdi:

do you know how much a beggar earns daily in lagos?, infact the kids the rent to hoodwink people are well paid
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by frowland(m): 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ladycewhy:
Lol, why southerners give these people money beats me. One yeye idiot said the other time that begging was their culture.

Dear Southerners stop giving people who feel they are entitled to your money,let them starve on the streets if they want to or let them follow tomatos lorry back to their various states to continue their begging culture there.

The day I saw a Hausa woman beggar eating food I cannot afford with two meat and pure water is the day I stopped giving these beggars money,to think all her kids were there too hustling and holding people's clothes to beg for money made it even more disgusting.

Okay, except that they are actually not Hausa. They are infact mostly Chadians and Nigerians. Just like you see Romanians in London, Italy streets begging doesn't make them English or Italians.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Emirofmakurdi(m): 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
[quote author=itsme01 post=86955578]

do you know how much a beggar earns daily in lagos?, infact the kids the rent to hoodwink people are well paid

KKK..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ghostmode2two:

When it comes to social welfare you people claim they are not Lagosians but when it is for census and election purpose they suddenly become Lagos people. What arrant nonsense

Where were you when trucks loaded them to their various states for election?
Who did they vote for in Lagos?
Census for what? When last was census conducted? Census is done in 10 years intervals.
Free trucks packed them all down to vote en mass for Buhari and their governors, they were paid for it.
They only come back here to constitute a nuisance, there's hardly anytime they are not giving birth. I know them well, they travel to give birth and come back again.
Let them go to their states for census and election, everywhere is smelling here.
They neither bath nor wash their clothes, all they do is eat and drink Coke, carry neck purses about.
Stupid things!

3 Likes

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Octopusssy(f): 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
pocohantas:
Lagos is so welcoming that they have homes for them- no jokes. I have been to one for my organization’s CSR.

Some of them speak so well, majority are able bodied, but they sat there, waiting to share donations.

Kids everywhere. I was wondering where they find time to fck, because they were grouped/housed based on their genders and ailments.

Unfurl those long preeks which can cross any divide.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by GGirll: 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
The dayvi stopped giving them my hard earned money was one day there was heavy rainfall n I was under an umbrella with a house abi na fulani cripple who was counting his money n making phone call in Hausa. He dropped d call n told his friend d umbrella owner that he owns two houses in d north n has 4 okada riders in d state working for him while he sits at a strategic place begging. Omo I made up my mind to sort people's bills at d hospital than give my money to my haters. These people are real parasites so they can't go back to their home states n beg since they love it. Lagos is not for beggars but for hustlers.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by mordred44: 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
hisexcellency34:
I thought Lagos is no man's land. Why are they victimizing them? They are capable of bringing Sanwo-Olu's government down if provoked
says who
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Itsme0I: 9:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Sladotun(m): 9:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
Wetin musa no go see for gate...
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Realadey(m): 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
Fools and idiots everywhere.
Must they beg in Lagos,can't they go back to their states and start eating their pepper.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Bizzyliss(m): 9:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
Begger go de Bleep de born pikin anyhow
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by SpartanKing: 9:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ladycewhy:
Lol, why southerners give these people money beats me. One yeye idiot said the other time that begging was their culture.

Dear Southerners stop giving people who feel they are entitled to your money,let them starve on the streets if they want to or let them follow tomatos lorry back to their various states to continue their begging culture there.

The day I saw a Hausa woman beggar eating food I cannot afford with two meat and pure water is the day I stopped giving these beggars money,to think all her kids were there too hustling and holding people's clothes to beg for money made it even more disgusting.
are you an enemy of progress? Maybe, you expected to see her drinking garri, before you know she's a beggar! Nigerians self, na wah!
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by hush15: 9:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
Xzellentgraphic:
Beggar association of nigeria....
90% of these guys are northerners....

If I was gov, I give them transport money back to their state to go protest for empowerment
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by chubinwa(m): 9:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
I read a thread on this platform on how Donald Trump lambasted Africa and Africans using Nigeria as his subject matter. I was very much ashamed of myself for having this black melanin. he was just and plane living no stone unturned. my point is this, if Nigerian politicians had been engrossed with the affairs of the masses, things wouldn't have gone south like this. Can this error be corrected again in Nigeria.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Aarenaija: 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
It appears they are just from a section of Nigeria. Just thinking aloud............
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Sagay212: 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
Sanwo Olu needs to wake up and ban these almajiris roaming almost every part of legos. The kani state govt has just banned almajiris and many of them will move to the south. They are now so much in V.I risking their lives by jumping in front of cars to beg. Their mothers will seat comfortably and send the children to beg and when they close in the night, the board a commercial bus home. They have taken it as a proper profession and the earlier they are banned, the better.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Omoejigbahe(m): 10:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
99 hausa fulani, begging/poverty is the only thing the north has contributed to the south. To your tent...

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by pyro62(m): 10:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
Beggers are threatening to go on strike
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Origin(f): 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
Whoever owns them should come and carry them back o.

What sort of wahala is this.

Go back to your village if Lagos is tiring you.

They keep coming by the lorry loads. Go and complain to your governors. Sanwo Olu owes you nothing.
Re: Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices by Bukfab(f): 11:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
And Dis Government Did Not Know He Will Need Dis People (Beggars) One Day....
Go And Read "THE BEGGAR'S STRIKE."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / Ernest Shonekan Buried In ₦30 Million Vault, ₦8 Million Casket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.