Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. (7322 Views)

Korea V Nigeria (1-2): FIFA U-20 Women's WC On August 9 / Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by moela: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2007
wat do xpect from a country dat still parades the likes of Nwaneri, Makinwa and a bunch of no good idiots, nothing but a lose of course
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by codedguy1(m): 10:58am On Jun 04, 2007
soundmind, if we use local players and loose u'll say its because we did not use pros, now we used pros and u guys are wining, must we win everytime. it LOOKS like an upset, but did we prepare well for this game or did we just assume its uganda w'll beat them. tongue
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by manu4laif: 11:25am On Jun 04, 2007
Sorry guys for all the heartache.

Remember good old Murphy's law. If something will go wrong it will.

If we had won the match some would have screamed Hossana. Even if we had played good and won we would still have had to face our problems somewhere down the line.

They are so many but if we tackle the most important ones we will fare better. They include:

1.Organistation:

Government only need give direction not leadership. As long as government(which can't collect tax,or provide power,fund the police,control smuggling,solve murder cases of principlal officers,conduct fair elections,etc,) is still seen as controlling the FA no sane person will put his money there(except maybe to pay foreign coaches and buy clothes for Supporters Club).Even if we qualify or win it will be by default not because we have the structures to deliver.

2.Players:

Overrated,over-indulged.
All these big boys should see the way John Terry plays for club and country or Becks.No Nigerian star will probably ever be as big as Becks in the next 20 years but see what playing for England means to him.At 33?!I do not support NFA whacking players money but hey if you step out on that pitch you are playing for Nigeria and NOT the FA.There was a time when Eagles lost to teams but you CAN NEVER FAULT THEIR COMMITMENT TO THE CAUSE. When Nigerians see that they usually take defeat in good faith . That is why in spite of Oliseh's monumental blunder in 94 against Italy Nigerians were still proud of their team and Oliseh still played a key role in subsequent tournaments. In the game against Uganda you'd think we were 4-0 up when we started the second half.Only when we had conceeded 2ce with 10 minutes to go and a man advantage did we notice what looked like urgency
Our 'stars' are spoilt brats local champions at best . They get away with their attitude cos we have not resolved (1) above.

3.Away form/True form:

Even at our heights in 94 our away form was always suspect. Check the records and you'd see we always seem to struggle away from home.Always. Yes one or 2 wins here and there but they do NOT match our reputation.Except when our backs are truly against the wall.

Same for beating big teams in the World . For all our reputation we have never beating any of the top footballing nations:Brazil,Italy,Germany,England(?),Holland,Argentina,France,etc. Even in the next layer we could only beat Spain and couldn't get it out of our heads before falling scandalously to Denmark days after. In Africa Cameroun still dominates when the stakes are higher and now Ghana is on a rebirth.

We have been too inconsistent in recent times to be called giants. Just like England in World football,we are all hype and need to be modest in appraising ourselves. That will guide our preparations cos form is ALWAYS current. When we do we can only get better.

4.No reliable factory:

No true underaged competition . Our 'young' players usually have reached their peak after just 3 senior caps. The competition for places is just not there. Time was in the Eagles we had Uche,Keshi,Emenalo,Eguavoen,Iroha,Nwanu,  jostling for places with others at the back. Now you can't play for the Eagles unless you play outside Nigeria. .  .Iroha,Oliha,Finidi,Amokcahi,etc all started out as homebased. Berti Vogts(or whoever else we choose when we have guided him to fail) needs to stay back more and fish out talents. In spite of our shabby league diamonds abound and are hungry.

Solve these problems and even when we lose we'll know it's because you can't win 'em all not because we've not done the needful.

Sorry guys , Kampala was no upset

WAN UNITED grin
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by mekoyo(m): 11:30am On Jun 04, 2007
Its really a shame. Truly we donot have a world class team, we have gone too bad, we are down. We are at the bottom. If we cannot defeat Uganda tell me how we'll win England.

We need thorough screening of our football team. We are truly down.

Imagine out players who are free giving us excuses.
Mikel is now a big boy, Maertins was in lagos when he ought to be in camp.

It's such a big shame!!!
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by afroking(m): 11:32am On Jun 04, 2007
Naija peps when will we learn?? seriously dont everyone think its time to do away wit these old horses who cant run anymore??

Seriously, with the likes of Mikel Obi, JOn Owerri and the entire Holland 2005 team we have alot of hope of doing good but when u put guys who have been playing for 10yrs plus Haba they arent invincible again o. Those guys r hungry to impress badly but cant get the chance if those old horses dont get the boot tongue

Mr. Technical Adviser, better wear ur thinking cap and build a team, o cuz if they dont qualify for Nations Cup, ur as good as Screwed!!!! o.

KING  grin
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by akanze: 12:51pm On Jun 04, 2007
It is no longer news that Nigerian lost, but rather, the news is that, even those who supported the employment of the the new coach are now critising him, as if he is the player that plays on the field.

a cloach is as good as his players.

on that day, nigerian players were not at their best at all.

and i think, lets stop clamouring for the return of okocha, it is useless, i belieeve we have to start building the youngs ones which we have.

or what do you think?
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by OluAbuja(m): 2:00pm On Jun 04, 2007
Nigeria's German coach Berti Vogts blamed the loss on
poor officiating by the Egyptian referee.

I think that is total rubbish from Vogts. He should be held
responsible for the LOSS.

I am not a prophet of doom but Vogts must be stopped
now. He can't take us anywhere. He could not read the
game well and profer strategies for the eagles to win the
game.

This guy does not understand our players at all. I beg, i am
angry that we lost the match.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by blackchief(m): 2:06pm On Jun 04, 2007
The only lesson  volt mast have learn for the whole game, is that  in Africa, player can refuse to honor nation team call on time, Fa's can refuse payment of allowance, players determine the matches the wish to play in and refs can award penalty at will.

The Big question  to volt, how do you as a coach go about wining  games when all odds are against you.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by obong(m): 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2007
nigeria's biggest problem is the attitude of nigerians. like i pointed out we beat ghana, so whats the big deal. the loss to uganda was a fluke.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by dinozzo(m): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2007
I don't think this players should be complaining about apperance fees. Its totally absurd. Are they not suppose to be proud when wearing their national colours. Greedy bunchs thats what they are. I am most certainly sure the average wage of each player is about five thousand dollars WEEKLY not monthly o, so why complain about not paying them. Even Seyi Olofinjana that plays for wolves gets nothing less than 3000 pounds weekly. I see no reason why they should be feeling too big to play for the national team, who are they. The problem is that we give too much respect to them. Drop the ones who complain about wages to set an example, afterall we have so many players.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by bigrovar(m): 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2007
i started Nigerian football teams since saudi 89.and i must say that the present sUPER eAGLEs are the worst players ever to wear the green and white, for me the blames is on the players and the FA, most players dedicate more to club football than to the National team, it shows in their attitude on and off the field, concerning the NFA, well their Organized disorganization is Legendary, God help Nigeria
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by rikkyjen(m): 5:05pm On Jun 04, 2007
Its now official that our decline in international football is'has been caused by those goofy super vulture of a team. Imagine this players whinning over bonuses 24 hrs before the game. And to think of it, none of this boys are superstars. Most of 'em play in Mickey Mouse leagues or at most mid table teams in England. The only Nigerian playa in a real club is that lackadaisical Obi, who has been infected with the bug of unseriousness to national call ups.  

Imagine Becks running 15 kilometers in a game just to please Mcclaren for a England call up! yet simply becos those buffon super vultures convert their paltry pounds to Naira, they think they are millionaires who can bullsh!@t their fatherland and hold us to ransom.

Pls, someone should not retort and tell me, the ref gave Uganda 2 yeye penalties. On a good day, we should have given Uganda 3 goals before even conceeding any goal. Apart from the Goal we scored, we didnt do jack again. Even if we had scored an offside goal out ruled out by the ref, i won't complain!, but offside goal, they can't score!

With a man down, Uganda still pulled their plugs on us, Y'all need to read Uganda's coach post match talks, Y'all would cry for this national embarrsament. The most stupid stuff is that other football minows are no longer scared of us again due to this string of defeats started by Angola, Rwanda, Uganda and the Brentford Massacre!

If we meet Ivory coast as at this minute in Abuja stadium, they would ship their goals from Asokoro to Aso Rock!. sad
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by kitaun(m): 5:46pm On Jun 04, 2007
imagine Vogts playing his usual defensive formation? shocked

would it ever work with Nigeria? undecided

exactly why I would have prefered a Dutch coach!

why play Okonkwo on the right side of midfield? undecided

why not play Yobo in his traditional role? shocked

why not play Robocop (Rabiu Afolabi) in the right wing back position?

I REPEAT, WHY PLAY OBAFEMI MARTINS IN THAT MATCH AT ALL? shocked

MIKEL AND OBAFEMI SHOULD BE EXCLUDED FROM THAT TEAN FOR AT LEAST 3 MATCHES! cool
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by 9ja4eva: 7:41pm On Jun 04, 2007
rikkyjen:

Its now official that our decline in international football is'has been caused by those goofy super vulture of a team. Imagine this players whinning over bonuses 24 hrs before the game. And to think of it, none of this boys are superstars. Most of 'em play in Mickey Mouse leagues or at most mid table teams in England. The only Nigerian playa in a real club is that lackadaisical Obi, who has been infected with the bug of unseriousness to national call ups.

Imagine Becks running 15 kilometers in a game just to please Mcclaren for a England call up! yet simply because those buffon super vultures convert their paltry pounds to Naira, they think they are millionaires who can bullsh!@t their fatherland and hold us to ransom.

Please, someone should not retort and tell me, the ref gave Uganda 2 yeye penalties. On a good day, we should have given Uganda 3 goals before even conceeding any goal. Apart from the Goal we scored, we didnt do jack again. Even if we had scored an offside goal out ruled out by the ref, i won't complain!, but offside goal, they can't score!

With a man down, Uganda still pulled their plugs on us, Y'all need to read Uganda's coach post match talks, Y'all would cry for this national embarrsament. The most stupid stuff is that other football minows are no longer scared of us again due to this string of defeats started by Angola, Rwanda, Uganda and the Brentford Massacre!

If we meet Ivory coast as at this minute in Abuja stadium, they would ship their goals from Asokoro to Aso Rock!. sad

Oh u said it all.It serves us right and i cant be happier.Since dem think say na Foreign players go profit us let dem stay dere and decieve demselves d more.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by DoubleN(m): 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2007
What a big shame!Of all countries we lost to Uganda.This is just a picture of how things have really gone wrong in Nigeria.
What a shame cry I really weep for this nation cos we are now playing football on the pages of newspapers.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by deb(m): 11:50am On Jun 05, 2007
Dont know why you guys are surprised at the loss to Uganda.

The same Papa Eagles sorry Super Eagles team that almost lost to
Uganda here in Nigeria.

I am not surprised at all. Super Eagles is dead right now.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2007
I REPEAT, WHY PLAY OBAFEMI MARTINS IN THAT MATCH AT ALL? shocked

MIKEL AND OBAFEMI SHOULD BE EXCLUDED FROM THAT TEAN FOR AT LEAST 3 MATCHES! cool
[quote][/quote]

Mikel and Martins both play a vital role in their clubs. I think you should direct your blame N.F.A.
These African countries has being training for months, while majority of the eagles were still being expected in the camp. So what is your point blaming them? angry
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by spora(m): 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2007
I am surprise to see how passionate people can be about Super Eagles. Super Eagles? Not on the dime! I will prefer to watch my blues than wasting my time about papa eagles.

To be frank, super eagles is just a reflection of project Nigeria. A country where nothing is not likely to work. When you have a buch of "alawadas" as administrators, that is what you get.

The truth is if you bring an angel to coach the Super Eagles, he can't perform. The Lulus there are only interested in their pocket and they will do everything possible to frustrate you.

Did you see the list of Yar'Adua's ministers-to-be? This country is pinish! Wallahi!
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by donan(m): 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2007
I wonder why some people are taking the loss against Uganda as normal. What is normal abt drawing against Uganda? What is Uganda in Africa football? How do we expect to win any other title when we start losing against countries like Uganda. To me winning against Uganda should not be celebrated cos under normal circumstances a match against them is just a work over. But to my greatest disappointment we nearly lost to them home and away. Anyway i earnestly pray for a revolution in Nigerian football.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by isho: 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2007
the present supper eagles are bunch of egocentric players lacking in quality. lets face the reality, these present set is the worst in two decades. i could we fathom a eagles that is wingless, a team lacking in zeal and character,no pin point striker because in the days of yekini  teams like uganda, lesotho and niger are used by the goal king to increase tally on scorers chart. Eagles fans around, where is character found in amokachi, sublime skills in jayjay,nodding prowess in mutiu,solid defending in uche okechukwu and telegraphic passes from olisehs in this team.
The answer ins capital no. playing in watford, everton, rennes,lazio,sochaux,bastia,middlesborough anf other middle and bottom league teams in europe which are the home to present super eagles players is a credence too our perfomance in uganda. if they are commited to some extent it will ve cover for ther average abilty therby making it a little bit easy beating the cranes but the present quality is nothing too write home about. Wingless and unattractive eagles of the present team isn't the trademark of our highly rated team in the yerars past.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by nyabinghi(m): 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2007
hi all,

Are u guys suprised that the Super Chickens lost to the cranes or rather the crane took them up and got them suspended in the sky. Nigeria's away record is appalling and i don't know ahat we could do to salvage that cos all i hear is na nfa as him nfa will do the playing on the pitch. If we don't complain of the playing turf we will be complaining of officiating or allowances as if the other teams that get to beat people silly like the Elephant du la cote d'ivoire or indomitable lions don't have the same problems. Is caf using the technical head to head rule in this
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by kitaun(m): 6:49pm On Jun 05, 2007
@dason4life

do u know the meaning of commitment?

I REPEAT OBAFEMI AND MIKEL SHOULD BE MADE TO SUFFER SOME FORM OF PUNISHMENT FOR LACK OF PATRIOTISM

SO WHICH OTHER PLAYER DOES NOT PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN HIS CLUB?
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by danniecool(m): 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2007
una get time o lipsrsealed
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by kitaun(m): 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2007
u no get time but u still reply? shocked
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by 9ja4eva: 3:53am On Jun 06, 2007
nyabinghi:

hi all,

Are u guys suprised that the Super Chickens lost to the cranes or rather the crane took them up and got them suspended in the sky. Nigeria's away record is appalling and i don't know ahat we could do to salvage that because all i hear is na nfa as him nfa will do the playing on the pitch. If we don't complain of the playing turf we will be complaining of officiating or allowances as if the other teams that get to beat people silly like the Elephant du la cote d'ivoire or indomitable lions don't have the same problems. Is caf using the technical head to head rule in this

Yes oh.We are d only ones dt complain.We need a new breed.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by deb(m): 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2007
@ spora

The truth is if you bring an angel to coach the Super Eagles, he can't perform. The Lulus there are only interested in their pocket and they will do everything possible to frustrate you.

As long as we continue to have square pegs in a round hole we wont move forward. We have great ex-footballers like Segun Odegbami, Stephen Keshi and co that can manage our football properly but we wont put them there.
I don't know what those, sorry to say, nonentities like lulu are doing running our football

@donan
I wonder why some people are taking the loss against Uganda as normal. What is normal about drawing against Uganda? What is Uganda in Africa football? How do we expect to win any other title when we start losing against countries like Uganda. To me  winning against Uganda should not be celebrated because under normal circumstances a match against them is just a work over. But to my greatest disappointment we nearly lost to them home and away. Anyway i earnestly pray for a revolution in Nigerian football.

what are you talking about. we already lost to them away
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by radeniran(m): 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2007
What do you expect from an unorganised team and FA than failure, i am not surprised that Ugandans defeated the Eagles i thought that it was going to be an overwheming loss but as God we have it for us it was a moderate goal margin
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by radeniran(m): 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2007
[/I wonder why some people are taking the loss against Uganda as normal. What is normal about drawing against Uganda? What is Uganda in Africa football? How do we expect to win any other title when we start losing against countries like Uganda. To me winning against Uganda should not be celebrated because under normal circumstances a match against them is just a work over. But to my greatest disappointment we nearly lost to them home and away. Anyway i earnestly pray for a revolution in Nigerian football.
]african soccer has gone beyond the giant and the minnows we are shocked by Angola now it is Uganda soon Niger and Lesotho will do the same if we do not do something to savage Nigeria Soccer
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by 9ja4eva: 9:00pm On Jun 06, 2007
Go to Hell - Siasia Tells Arrogant Mikel
By Ben Memuletiwon. The Sun

Football worshippers in Nigeria were shocked to their bone marrow on Sunday, seeing Chelsea star, Mikel John Obi, in the covered stand of the National Stadium, Abuja, watching his colleagues shedding gallons of sweat to beat the Black Meteors of Ghana 3–2.

He was not spared, as he was booed and called unprintable names. Some called him arrogant boy. Some simply described him as an unpatriotic Nigerian who adorned himself with the garment of arrogance.

“Nigeria should forget about all these arrogant players,” Frank Ilaboya, former SWAN chairman, said. “The players are doing well even without Mikel. Who says this team really need him? You can see the way the players contested for every ball, risking their legs at times. Mikel won’t do that. Let him adopt England as his country.”

After the gruelling encounter Samson Siasia looked fulfilled, as he stabbed the air with his fists. And when told that Mikel was on the stand, he gazed into the sky and when he looked down it was with harsh words for the player, saying: “The choice is his, whether to play for Nigeria or not.”

He added emphatically: “I can’t beg Mikel to play for his country. I have a team of good and committed players who can win the Olympic ticket for Nigeria. I knew he was around but I don’t have to beg him.

This team parades no super star. In fact, I don’t need a super star in my team.

“What’s more important to me right now is the three points, which we already have in the kitty. What we need now is to go to South Africa to consolidate the lead and ensure that Ethiopia do not escape defeat. Our focus is the ticket and I believe nothing can derail us. I have a good team and have no intention of changing them now. As it is the case in football, I’m sure we’ll improve with every match.”

Over 20,000 Nigerians watched the Siasia boys live at the Abuja Stadium, and they all went home showering praises on the players and the handlers. The boys, who scored the opening goal through Obinna Nsofor in the third minute, were undaunted, even as Ghana cancelled the lead and went ahead with a superb freekick by Asamoah Gyan.

They did not only play well but contested for the ball at all points. Even if they had lost, the players would still have been carried shoulder-high the way the fans did after the victory.

“Siasia is a World Cup coach,” a lady fan, who simply called herself Sandra, said. “The NFA should pay him well. What’s Berti Vogts work that he smiles to his country with 50,000 euro of our money every month. Believe it or not, Vogts is not better than Siasia. These boys have risked everything to wipe away our tears after the humiliation in Uganda on Saturday.

“You could see the way the Eagles played as if their was nothing at stake. They were too heavy, with lack of commitment. I think the NFA should do something about the Eagles, fast. Is it not disheartening that Uganda beats Nigeria, with all the big names we have! The defeat shows eloquently that there are no soccer minors again. It also shows that we are not serious with football development in Nigeria.

“South Africa beat Chad 4–0, while Morocco hammered Seychelles with the same margin but, here in Nigeria, we have to struggle to even beat Niger 2–0.

“We have to beg our soccer idols to play for the country. Even when they are on break, they still refuse to report to camp. If I were Vogts, I would not have used Obafemi Martins even if the Ugandans were to beat us 12–0. We really need discipline in the Eagles, as well as code of conduct,” Siasia opined.

http://www.enownow.com/nigerianfootballnews/Index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1181119954&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by kitaun(m): 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2007
I THINK AM FINALLY BEING JUSTIFIED HERE BY SOMEONE IN THE KNOW OF HAPPENINGS NOT SPECULATORS cool
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by pek(m): 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2007
whats the shame about it? you think a football match is limited to the 90 mins of action on the field? anyone putting a penny`s worth of hope on these boys, vogts or nfa is definately building castles in the air.when was the last you watched a match and the crawling eagles played to expectation? when was the last time they won the nations cup yet we want to be regarded as the giant of africa?is vogts a competent coach eith the knowlegde he failed in scotlant.to save yourself blood pressure, remove your mind from them.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by 9ja4eva: 4:15am On Jun 09, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knqrIIswTJ4&mode=related&search=

Can we have dis set of Eagles back.Fire for fire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free Daily Prediction From Smarrrt / Usain Bolt Is Superhuman / Droom Football Academy!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.