Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. (7321 Views)

Korea V Nigeria (1-2): FIFA U-20 Women's WC On August 9 / Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by champredd(m): 3:10pm On Jun 03, 2007
Nothing dey super for the Nigerian Eagles nowadays, I think say we go change am for the old Green Eagles, because the Carthagian Eagles dey super than our f*#king Eagles. Dem don forget say African football don change. If Eagles play Togo today den Keshi go thrash am say for 100 - 0
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by BabaO2: 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2007
@Kitaun, warfarian.
Thank u jare kitaun, i quite agree with you. That boy or man called Yobo is costing us alot of havoc, really I still dont see him in the realm of half of uche okechukwu yet with alot of opportunities and support given to him. I read in a daily recently, he was tongue lashing Almighty Chief Segun Odegbami MON, a mediocre player like him and most of them that refuse to listen to constructive criticisms from analytical elders, of course woe on to him.

This is not Nigeria standard, it is high time this team is disbanded before they dented our image the more. The only appreciation and consolation we get outside Nigeria both in Africa and in Europe is our soccer.

We dont have attackers that can score goals like Rasidi Yekini, we dont have mid fielders like Okocha that can command the tempo of the game. Yes, we have Mikel, but Mikel can only play good football if he has good team around him, maybe Martins as well. Mikel releases ball often, he doesnt seem to be a very skillfull ball joggler.

As far as i am concerned, this team should be disbanded. Only Mikel, Martins, Odewingwe and the goal keepers should be left behind if possible

@warfarian
pls. dont let us be talking this way, dont join issue of football with our leaders please.
These players you are encouraging to be holding Nigeria to ransome at any rare opportunity are not the best from Nigeria, but because all of them have opportunity to represent Nigeria once or couple of times. That was the begining of their stardom.
They should be eager to render selfless service to the Nation that exposed them to the world.

Go to Ajegunle, Surulere,Mushin,Epe etc etc in Lagos alone not to talk of Enugu , Abia sokoto kaduna rivers. You will be amazed lots of intelligent and skillful players.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by donan(m): 3:53pm On Jun 03, 2007
Nigerian football is becoming something else. It sucks big tym. I hate watching Naija matches cos i know it will always end bad or nearly bad; i mean narrow escape. i hup dey dont qualify for nations cup.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Adurangba(f): 3:57pm On Jun 03, 2007
@Donan

and u r a Nigerian? where does pastriotism start?
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by dinozzo(m): 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2007
Very Stupid to lose such a match. I have never been a fan of this Voggts. He was sacked by Scotland a few years ago following a string of bad results. With this kind of defeat I can't see us progressing into a formidable team everyone is expecting us to be. There is no excuse losing to Uganda. Penalty or no penalty it's simply OUTRAGEOUS. Sack this German now, I don't think he has the pedigree then again there are so many factors contributing to our woeful performances in recent years. The players are there but when we have a bunch of potbellied Men who know nothing about Administrative Football then I see no considerable improvement.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Adurangba(f): 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2007
@ Dinozzo

how many games have they won? they never lost any game until this one and u r saying this?
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by dinozzo(m): 4:28pm On Jun 03, 2007
@ Adura ngba, do we really have to play so many games to see what is obvious. Berti Voggts is not the right man for the Job. Trust me I give this man two years tops he'll carry his load and waka. I don't think we should be losing a game to a shitty team like Uganda, UGANDA you kno hear the name. You sabi any solid Uganda player. I am tired of ppl giving lack of matches for our poor performances
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Adurangba(f): 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2007
u r a duck Dinozzo
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by dinozzo(m): 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2007
why call me a duck grin, I'm just stating the obvious. A shitty coach and greedy Administrators adds up to nothing.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Adurangba(f): 4:39pm On Jun 03, 2007
oh sorry - u prefer goose? ok - u r a goose.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by dinozzo(m): 4:44pm On Jun 03, 2007
whatever, just giving my opinion. And whats your own view on this defeat
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by sley4life(m): 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2007
We should not blame Vogts, Even if we use Jose Mourinho, Nigeria may not still win the match, The determination of the boys are not there and its right time to use home boys players to execute such a match, The boys that beat Kenya were concentrated with Home boys, there bloods are red and thick and are ready to make impact even if they are to die on pitch. The mentality to approach the match wasnt there. No sponsors on the Nigeria side that will motivate this boys, MTN uganda motivated the Ugandans to beat Nigeria. Donations came from various quarters. Super Eagles played the game against 13 players, The referee and the crowd made this list. This boy's were bad indeed. angry It means this Foreign base players cant play and beat Enyimba or Rangers our local league teams? Someone should answer this question.

But even if they were not motivated they should use there international experiece to avoid defeat, We will go down considerable on FIFA rankings, The NFA must pay for this damages they are causing the nation, Im ashamed im a Nigerian, If it was Brazil we played against that means we are expecting basket of goals to carry home, Haba
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Adurangba(f): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2007
@Dinozzo - I said mine already.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by dinozzo(m): 4:57pm On Jun 03, 2007
what really annoys me is that we keep making the same mistakes again and again, if its to sort out our problems I can't see us doing it in the nearest future. We should just hope things go well with our current form of organisation.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by dinozzo(m): 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2007
@ Adura ngba, you only gave one line statements not actually commenting on the topic of this thread.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2007
I am happy with some response I saw on this board but to hit the nail on the head our woes has nothing to do with NFA, nor coaches  it is simply a case of declining talent no good player again in the Nigerian game example in the last season how many Nigerian players played the UEFA champs league?
WHich Nigerian player has ever been highest goal scorer in any competitive league before (I am not talking of Malta, Cyprus Sweden and Singapore)
We find it convinient to blame NFA was it not the same people that were in charge in 1994 and 1996 the same disorganisation yet we won I could remember in 93 or so when they forgot players kit and had to cut their joggers to knickers for them to play Burkina Faso yet we won 7-1, Then Keshi and co would arrive the camp 24 hours to kick off and we would still win with staggering margins that was because the quality of our players were by far better than those of other African countries. The African footballer of the year used to be a roll call of Nigerian players now we have very below standard players

And we Nigerians refuse to face the fact we would blame everything in this world from racism,as if Nigerian is the only black nation in the world-Senegal and Cameroun that played world cup quarter finals are caucasians,
to officiating as if everybody in the world is against Nigerians we are always quick to forget the circumstance for the cancellation of Uganda's goal in the first leg,
to bad pitch forgetting that Nigeria beat Gabon on a sandy pitch in Ponte noire courtesy of Rashidi Yekini,
to bad weather, to muscular opponents(Cameroun) to CAF, to Hayatou, to hostile fans
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by A40(m): 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2007
grin, That match was a comic relief i thank God i dont watch Nigerian matches no more,
i humbly suggest they pass a bill in the Senate that bans any Nigerian from calling that team Super Eagles, they should be called Eagles no Super preceding it, Those boys are still in Dreamland they should know by now that African teams dont fear them no more

P:S What is Makinwa still doing in that team can you imagine that chance he squandered
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by hinduism(f): 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2007
Only 4 players are from the supper eagles, kanu,taiwo,martin,utaka, all the rest are all home players, the coach should have try to win that matche first befoer filling in home base players, what the hell is he doing?

Not that we don't want the home base to improve, but crucial match like that shold have been won,first before experimenting.

Anywhere Hope we win our next match to at least qualify to Ghana 2008
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by hinduism(f): 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2007
or is it the bad luck of Yara dua who came to power through BACK DOOR? every president has his or her own LUCK in football you know?

So can we say :YARA DUA LOST HIS FIRST MATCH? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cso the super eagles never lost any match till now that yara dua is in power.

@Adura_ngba: why are you acting this way on this forum, I always respect your views
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by marlet01(m): 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2007
Now we all can see footie is not just about parading stars but form.

Some said we robbed 'em in our Bossom here, how true is dat?

With the number of stars paraded in that team, one would think we will just punish 'em easily, but we didn't sad

If we have to struggle against a Ugandian team, hw much more when the ACN starts and we get to play Cameroun, Ghana Ivory coast and the rest tongue

Sacking Berti is the not the solution. The solution lies amongst the players 'emselves.

Thanks. cool
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by delwu(m): 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2007
what were u xpecting, when u have a bunch of unpatriotic players who even with so much they have still just can't sacrifice 4 9ja,their own,NFA also is hindering the progress of 9gerian soccer. just leave vogts out of it
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by otokx(m): 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2007
The Ugandans scored a good goal in Nigeria which was disqualified and the coach promised he will beat us square and fair back at home. Berti Vogts ought to enforce discipline in the team by making use of players who are willing and available. If something drastic is not done, nothing for us o even Enyimba FC will beat our Super Eagles all over Nigeria.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by obong(m): 4:15am On Jun 04, 2007
so now we have beat ghana, what does it all mean.? nothing. we just had a bad game against uganda
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by 9ja4eva: 4:24am On Jun 04, 2007
No be Super Eagles beat Ghana.Have u forgotten dey were humilated?

Olympic team is super and am sure if dey play Super Eagles dey will beat dem.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by topeorekoy(m): 7:11am On Jun 04, 2007
I THINK THE SUPER EAGELS SHLD CHANGE THIER NAME TO A MORE APPROPRIATE NAME LIKE "SUPER COCK" OR "SUPER CAT". THEY ARE SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT TO WATCH. GONE ARE THE DAYS THAT I'LL SACRIFICE ANYTHING JUST TO WATCH MY DARLING TEAM PLAY EVEN WHEN NEPA TAKES LIGHT, You JUST HAVE TO LOOK FOR A WAY TO WATCH THE MATCH COS WE ARE OBVIOUSLY GOING TO WIN. THOSE DAYS THAT THE SUPER EAGLES WILL BEAT A TEAM BY ATLEAST 2 GOALS TO NIL BUT NOW, JUST MANAGE A SCRAPY GOAL AGAINST A SMALL TEAM OR LOOSE BY A WIDE MARGIN TO A GOOD TEAM. THOSE DAYS THAT THE EAGLES WILL CREATE CHANCES UPON CHANCES. You ARE SO SURE THAT A GOAL WILL COME BUT NOT THESE DAYS, FOR A GOOD CHANCE TO COME: IT PROBABLY WILL BE IN THE DYING MINUTE.

I CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I WATCHED THE SUPER CATS PLAY. GUESS IT WAS THE GAME AGAINST GHANA AFTER THAT, JUST GET THE SCORES SO THAT THEY WONT MAKE ME SAD EVEN IF THEY WIN.

THE 1ST LEG AGAINST UGANDA WAS A LUCK AND THE UGANDANS EVEN SCORED A GOOD GOAL THAT WAS DISALLOWED BY THE REF BUT THEY PROMISED THAT IN THE RETURN LEG, THEY'LL BEAT THE SUPER CAT FAIR AND THEY DID.

IF NOT FOR PATRIOTISM, I'LL JUST SHIFT MY SUPPORT TO GHANA. GOD KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE PLAY CAMEROUN, AM SO SURE WE'LL BE BEATEN BLACK AND BLUE.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Razorr(f): 8:30am On Jun 04, 2007
Listen guys, I think we shouldn't just show our face at the nations cup at all.

Can you imagine what Drogba would do to that our useless defence?  grin   grin

Even Kalou would give us some footie practice. shocked grin

Boy o boy. . . I love naija!  grin   grin
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by topeorekoy(m): 8:50am On Jun 04, 2007
i agree, super cats shld just go and play in the wafu cup instead of the nation's cup so that we wont mess up. if care is not taken. ghana 2008 will be nigeria's worst nation's cup cos most afican small teams now know that nigeria is no longer super eagles but super chicken
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Wilfem(m): 8:58am On Jun 04, 2007
I'll like some of us to know that despite our loss to the Cranes of Uganda, we're still topping the table with 9 points while Uganda has 7 points. More so, another match will be played on the 17th of this month. So why don't we wait till then and see what happens before we continue to condemn and share blame with this and that?
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by lafile(m): 9:10am On Jun 04, 2007
Until Nigerians accept that there is a problem with Nigerian Football as a whole, there will be no change. We will keep going round and round in circles.

Players
We should accept that we do not have a world class team. We have never had. We see our players as superstars. We believe Nigeria can boast three world class teams. We believe We have more talent than any other Country. All these are bogus beliefs. Blatant Lies. Our playes are average at best. And worse the quality of our team is below the sum of its individual average members. How many of our players play top roles in top European clubs? How many even play in top European clubs? The team of of 1994 was succesful not because they were stars in Europe, but because they never thought of themselves better than they were. Today we dont have a Goalkeeper worth that name. our best defender Yobo alwaysplays below par for us. Shittu is just average. Taiwo despite his 'age' is at his peak and will only go downhill. midfield? only hope is mikel. maybe obodo and olofinjana too. he rest? rubbish. attack? average playesr. no bite. why any sane coach will play ayegbeni still beats my imagination. He's just a carbbon copy of emile heskey. The sad part of it all is that the above is the best we have to offer.

NFA
the source of our problems nfa. simple. administratively incompetent. devoid of ideas. i seriously doubt if any member of the nfa is in that board for the interest of nigerian footbal. they are all there to make ends meet. people often wonder why these players keep complaining about money and allowances and ticket refunds. its simple. why should they spend their money when the money meant for these matches is being shared by nfa members? if there is no money we will understand. I dont know of one good idea that has come out of NFA ever. not one. wether for the Local league or the International game. I remember in the late 80's and early 90's i could tell u names of playes in our local league. today i dont even know the teams. i dont know when the league starts or when it ends. the league has never started at the right time in the past five years. Until the NFA gets its act together, there is no hope for nigerian football.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by tng(f): 9:36am On Jun 04, 2007
The NFA is underfunded and so cannot pay player bonuses, hire a world class coach and all.Inspite of this, i blame the players.Very very few of them are patriotic.The whole idea of playing intl games to them is to make money and with that attitude we would never get to that height we deserve.

We should accept that we do not have a world class team.
Exactly.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Dios(f): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2007
Y'alls 40 year old players lost smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Soundmind(m): 9:53am On Jun 04, 2007
I was actually dissappointed. I think our local players who are hungry for fame and cash will do far better than these foreign based players.
They do not see thier call up as a service to the nation rather they see it as bothering them.
It shall be well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AYC Semi Final: Nigeria 2 Mali 0, To Meet Cameroun in Final / Free Daily Prediction From Smarrrt / Usain Bolt Is Superhuman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.