Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,390 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. (7314 Views)

Korea V Nigeria (1-2): FIFA U-20 Women's WC On August 9 / Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 (2) (3) (4)

Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by heyma: 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2007
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by deejay1(m): 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2007
TOO MUCH OFF BRAGGIN BUT NO SHOW, i dont like @ all
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Danmasani(m): 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2007
The Super Eagles are at their lowest ebb ever. We need a new force who are really down for this nation. The case of Obafemi Martins going to Lagos when he's called is not good at all. It is either u want to honor and play for ur nation or you Bleep off and give someone a chance.
Fucking assholes!
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by buyaka(m): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2007
it is really a shame for a country like Uganda to beat a well rated side like Nigeria. I dont know what is happening to Nigeia football, i just pray God will come to our aid
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by fekuti: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2007
lol, Naija lost, no surprise.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by kitaun(m): 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2007
upset shocked

or is there a new dictionary meaning for that word?

when you have bunch of self-conceited players what more do could u have expected? undecided

even with the volkswagen sef, na katakata 4 us embarassed

imagine removing Utaka for Obafemi, what nonsense!!!

why allow Obafemi play at all, especially when he had axed Anichebe from the team - - -DOUBLE STANDARDS? angry

WHY HAVE SO MANY DEFENDERS OR DEFENCE-MINDED PLAYERS IN THE TEAM? CHELSEA'S DIAMOND FORMATION STYLE? undecided angry

shouldnt we find a way of replacing Yobo? he's costing us too much these days! angry

before they said it wasnt Vogts that handled the team in the first leg, now pray tell who was in charge today? Daniel Amokachi?? tongue
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by agbola(m): 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2007
why won't they lose
i saw it coming, i didn't even bother watching the game because i knew it would end in disappointment.
and no one shud try blamin the players and the coaches, it is mostly the NFA's fault,
they failed to pay up the players allowances for previous matches and also failed to pay up their coaches until they put the nation on ransom. Most players travel to match and training venues on their own account and the NFA will still fail to refund them.
Why would they then play with their hearts, i tot Lulu would make a change and he isn't any different from Galadima,
infact nigeria shudn't qualify for the cup of nations also so we can see how mediocre we are after all and recognize our problems.
NFA shud be dissolved, i tot FIFA was goin to help us, so that they can collect our only pride from these greedy politicians and give it to real footballers and coaches who understand the game and know wat needs to be done.

INFACT START PRAYING FOR NIGERIA
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by agbola(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2007
kituan why are u blamin the players and the coaches, nothin good can come out of this country until NFA starts doin their duties, with the structural problems any success would be shortlived, african soccer has advanced and everybodi will do anythin 4 a shot at the limelight
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by kitaun(m): 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2007
@agbola

na NFA hold dem legs wey don no fit perform?

abi na dem cause the penalties? shocked

look, as professionals u r foolish if u dont leave ur problems in the dressing room! cool
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2007
Let us avoid the coming shame at the cup of Nations and allow Niger and Lesotho to beat us quietly. Ghana will pound us 5-0 at this rate.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by kitaun(m): 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2007
@davidylan

or are u suggesting we sack Vogts sharp sharp and collect our change? grin
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2007
It's not Vogts fault. He's just unlucky to be in charge of a belligerent egocentric group of players, who erroneously think they are superstars when most of them play for backwater European clubs, in a country administered by imcompetent thieves.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by easylaw(m): 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2007
Agboola,

You are correct! Let it be, so that this our country will learn if ever they want to learn. It is always the case when you put people with personal sentiments to take charges of any programme.

I want to say that, this is just the beginning, more shame is on the way! If we know that football is the only thing that unite this country, why do we not invest on it in a proper way. Look you can not eat your cake and have it!

You don't treat the players well how do you expect to have a very good result?

I was just made to understand in the case of watching the Uganda/Nigeria match that Paul Hamilton the great coach is lying critically ill in the Lagos hospital, and there is no fund to take care of him.

Oh, God help us from these politician turned football administrators. Do they really have anything to offer to this country?

I think until when we put the right peg in the right hole, that is when Nigerian football will turn a new look.

Once again, God help us.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by monkeyleg: 11:16pm On Jun 02, 2007
U guys should stop talking rubbish. What do you expect when NFA go and pick a stupid prick like Vogt (who cant tie his shoe lace) to lead us. His records are there for everyone to see. Just like everything Nigeria we have never learnt the act of choosing right. They should boot the rubbish out now, before even old grand mama's start thrashing us 11 - 0.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by agbola(m): 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2007
@ kituan and monkeyleg
just as davidylan said it isn't vogts fault that he is stuck with a sick nation like nigeria's, the man is okay just that i doubt that he will be able to adjust if we continue like this.
i read in complete sports that if NFA were to terminate his contract then we would have to pay some heavy fine so he'll be the 1 smiling at the banks.

and kituan u shud understand that what goes on off the pitch has a very huge impact on players morale (that's why i feel NFA shud be more responsible in their dealings)
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by warfarian(m): 12:16am On Jun 03, 2007
Hey Fellows, lets be sincere for once AGBOLA, i like your spirit, i am sad that we've lost, its a shame and i am realy sad about that, but all thesame the players are not to blame at all, nobody should think of that,,,,neva!, the NFA's or what they call thereselves, they are all fooollllllsss, morons, idiots, in short, if they give me chance i go use bottle draw the map of Uganda for there back,

Players play friendly against Kenyan, NFA no gree pay them their allowance, why them no go pay them, abi the time wey them dey suffer for ghetto to rise to the top NFA go help them, or try to assist them, its thier right they have to be paid, wee get the money nowww, na shame say country like Naija no fit pay players, and millIONS dey lost enta thier pockets every day,

the players needs the money! why them no go pay them, i like as some of them no play self, which rubbish be that, and i read for paper say 1 of NFA Board say if the players no wan play, im go go bring flying eagles make them kom play the match, which kind falling hand be that now, which kind rubbish be that nawwww. i dey provoke for this country, i dey vess for them,

NIGERIA DEY WASTE TALENT!!!! OHHHH, bros/sis if you get chance to pool out of this hell, no hesitate ohhh, even if na by land, c, or any how, b4 them go kill your dreams and ambition for this country for your future sake!

NFA, ZERo
Obasanjo Bad Head still dey disturb, IM TRANSFER am give Yar' Adua
UNtil them decides to run footbal issue the way its suppose to be, even black queens of Ghana go trash us 6-0
until we remove politics from football, bros, e go aways dey over us

NFA , No Future Ambitions

Mumu pipo
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by rozilla(m): 12:24am On Jun 03, 2007
It's not Vogts fault. He's just unlucky to be in charge of a belligerent egocentric group of players, who erroneously think they are superstars when most of them play for backwater European clubs, in a country administered by imcompetent thieves.

@davidylan

that's a very accurate summary of why nigerian football is dead.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by wadobomi(f): 1:55am On Jun 03, 2007
that is d spirit of the game - win some lose some - u want to win at all times?
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by dblock(m): 3:40am On Jun 03, 2007
Nigeria didn't need to win the game.

Uganda can only qualify if Niger beats Nigeria. For some reason I just can't picture that happening

Or if Nigeria draws with Niger and Uganda beats Lesotho by with a huge score line and go through on Goal difference. Nigeria won every game, before the Uganda game, so Nigeria isn't in a bad position.

I just pray that Vogts can get the team together and the whole NFA Scandal is sorted out.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by 9ja4eva: 4:46am On Jun 03, 2007
How impressed am i?We got wat we deserved.Next time we wnt bank on foreign players.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by dblock(m): 5:02am On Jun 03, 2007
Foreign players expect too much from the NFA, Nigeria isn't the UK. If they are playing International football for just money, then maybe they should have played for teams built on Banks like England, Portugal, Germany etc.

Globacom is paying for Vogts salary for crying out loud. What does that tell you, it tells you that the NFA doesn't have much funds. And when the Government was financing the Association, they were continuously harassed due to the so called "Decree 101".

Nigeria's football problem's are complex. Nigeria will continue to lose until, the NFA is governed by a Leader that will not Misappropriate Vital funds. Berti Vogts is a good coach, and Nigeria is blessed with great players, but the Mentally isn't there. Nigerian footballers don't see the urgency to pour their hearts out. A team with Djemba Djemba's that one to play is arguably better than a team with Maradona's that don't want to play.

The NFA has to assure the players on their commitment to Salaries, Bonuses etc and the players need to show that they are willing to be consistent and Patriotic.

Nigeria will qualify for Ghana 2008, but before 2008 the NFA has to restructure the Association or it will inevitably haunt us come World Cup qualifiers
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by folem: 7:26am On Jun 03, 2007
dblock:

Nigeria didn't need to win the game.

Uganda can only qualify if Niger beats Nigeria. For some reason I just can't picture that happening

Or if Nigeria draws with Niger and Uganda beats Lesotho by with a huge score line and go through on Goal difference. Nigeria won every game, before the Uganda game, so Nigeria isn't in a bad position.

I just pray that Vogts can get the team together and the whole NFA Scandal is sorted out.

You win some and lose some is the spirit of the game.

Nigeria will qualify for Nations Cup either as Group winners or 1 of 3 Second best placed teams. Don't forget that in case of a tie between Nigeria & Uganda on points, Nigeria will be tops because of Head-Head rule i.e 2-2 but we have away goal and better overall goal difference as at today.

Uganda has never been easy for Nigeria to play against just like Angola. Uganda beat Nigeria 2-1 in 1978 Nations Cup Semi-final and we could only manage 0-0 draw the last time we played in Kampala in 1993 with Peter Rufai saving a last minute penalty to send us through to play in the 1994 Nations cup which we later won.

Administration is the bane of Nigeria football (and the Nation) and not coaching. Amodu, Chukwu, Eguavon could not have done worse than Vogts, but we need to give Vogts all the support needed for him to excell with the Super Eagles. The hotel the team stayed in was so bad that some of the players only got rooms to stay in after checking 3 rooms with some having dirty bedsheets and faulty AC.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by stanech: 8:26am On Jun 03, 2007
Typical nigerians

They will always complain. I have not heared someone complaining about the pitch yet.

Uganda has a football team like Nigeria. So if them beat Nigeria with a margin 2:1 no be surprising thing. Make una no blame anything na game. you win some you loose some.

The truth still remain that it is the level to which Chukwu and other Nigerian coaches has reduced us to that we are trying to come out from. It will not be easy because other african countries no longer see the eagles as supper

Take heart my guys.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by kayodus(m): 8:45am On Jun 03, 2007
The pitch was beautiful.

The match started well but ended in a disaster.

typical of nigerian games, or dont u think so,

anyway, except for the drop in fifa points again, i don't see anything wrong.
the ugandans deserved to win, the eagles caved in the second half and lost scoring chances

we'll still qualify grin
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by MP007(m): 9:44am On Jun 03, 2007
who gives a sh*t abt the nations cup, world cup , thats whats up
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by dblock(m): 9:52am On Jun 03, 2007
Haba!! shey you no sabi wipe Nations Cup has gathered the world's attention in Recent times. The ANC is now respected internationally and Sport Channels like Fox Sports now show the Cups coverage.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by MP007(m): 10:02am On Jun 03, 2007
whatrever
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by dblock(m): 10:18am On Jun 03, 2007
The standard of the Cup has improved, did you watch the last edition. Everything was well organised. And it recieved praises and attntion from Major Media like CNN, BBC, Al Jazeerah etc.

The Nations cup is Arguably the Fourth Best International Tournament in the world.

1. Fifa World Cup
2. European Championship
3. Olympic Footlball Tournament
4. African Cup of Nations

Forget the Asian Cup or the Copa America

Nigeria will beat Niger and Lesotho. Uganda will probably beat Lesotho and Niger, but their efforts will be furtile. I just hope that the team gather properly and Assemble as a Team that opponents Fear
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by Fadajasi(m): 11:05am On Jun 03, 2007
Well i dont have much to say,3 people was at fault,thats the coach,the players and the nfa,about the penalties no comment. We still hope to qualify. Its fadajasi again!
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by machu1: 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2007
The biggest blow ever! (Apart from the Ghana friendly in London wink )

I expected a smashin victory from 'us' 'cause there was so much fuss about this match but ummm. . .WE LOST!!!
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by wadobomi(f): 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2007
so wont Nigerians start blaming Vogts now? they will fail to remember the eagles under Vogts has never lost any of the qualifying games. when its good, they praise you, but when one little slip, they'll start calling for your heads - even Brazil still manages defeat, same way, we shld learn to manage defeat.
Re: Shame: Uganda(2)-Nigeria(1). Upset In Kampala. by globalaid(m): 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2007
what do you expect before? i was not suprised at all because our own super eagle still think it is name that play football but now it is leg.

Usain Bolt Is Superhuman / Roll Over Picks / AYC Semi Final: Nigeria 2 Mali 0, To Meet Cameroun in Final

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53