Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon (24296 Views)

Osun PDP Praises INEC For Appealing Judgment Sacking Adeleke / Mike Ozekhome: Judgment Sacking Umahi Cannot Stand Appeal Court Scrutiny / Appeal Court Reverses Judgment Sacking Nwaoboshi Peter As Senator Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Jchi9876: 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
Odomensia:
[s][/s]
asss licker spotted cheesy

To put it mildly, You are a sick person hating someone on a,faceless forum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Iwanttoto: 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
Olanipekun1:
mynd44 lalasticlala seun oam4j obinoscopy ishilove mukina2
nobody is above the law
enforce rule 2
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Aiyk2333: 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
Apc appeal dismissed for lack of merit..
breaking news
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by FutureIG: 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2020
Dismissed.
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:

The way I want it is, throw away everything.....Bayelsa imo Zamfara Presidency

No matter how bad the case may look, once you create an opening (or lacuna), your supremacy is gone.

This case is a good one and legally there is nothing in it. All these names na intimidation, so to speak.

I like the way the PDP lawyer is committing himself, once Imo resumes, he will be quoted.
That's what is usually frustrating about Nigerian lawyers. If you tell the supreme court to not reverse itself, but do so in future matters, does it not imply an admission of guilt on your part. Bearing in mind your client has another case before the same court where he is asking for reversal, are you not killing that case already?
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by fergie001: 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

That's what is usually frustrating about Nigerian lawyers. If you tell the supreme court to not reverse itself, but do so in future matters, does it not imply an admission of guilt on your part. Bearing in mind your client has another case before the same court where he is asking for reversal, are you not killing that case already?
He has killed Imo's case already.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by flamingREED(m): 2:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
post=86973535:

Can you now shove your unsolicited rubbish to where you brought it out from, mr keep it short?
Attention seeking tin.

Watch out what that hatred for your country will do to you soon

Your posts have often seemed amateur and not well thought out to me as I glance over them.
I hardly mind them.
I just gave you the kindest advice.
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by 6digitscomrade: 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
kerzhim:
I totally agree with you. We haven't gotten to that level where we will beat our chest as a Nation and say a particular candidate won the election. But, we must also accept the fact that in the end of every election, a winner must emerge and that was the case of Bayelsa.

Bros, abeg I don't like the word 'go and sit down' pls. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are.
Pls let's argue like adults.....
ok sorry for my choice of words I was angry reading through ur lines however I maintain that you can’t say it with all sincerity that he won because righteously u know all bayelsans voted him ,aggressive agreements were reached and slush funds took the centre stage there was no election it was battle for supremacy to see who will hoist a FLAG not who will liberate... im an idealist and realist,there will only be irreparable damages and unwarranted lost of lives should a rerun be advised , should judgement be overturned the judiciary will develop from HIV to AIDs if we may..

We can’t reinforce errors but we can prevent future occurrences which begins now.. I think our leaders and their handlers should even take compulsory HACCP courses,one outrigged the other in despairing manner while the other used cankerworm and technicality to shelve the latter.. in the end let them maintain status quo!! The state is the one at loss here not all this MARAUDERS..
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Uncleodi(m): 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
Dansuqi:

To failure

Never!!!
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Leo3333: 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:

No matter how bad the case may look, once you create an opening (or lacuna), your supremacy is gone.

This case is a good one and legally there is nothing in it. All these names na intimidation, so to speak.

I like the way the PDP lawyer is committing himself, once Imo resumes, he will be quoted.

No one is committing themselves.
The PDP lawyers ended their argument with:

"...except in cases of observed clerical errors..."
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by fergie001: 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
Leo3333:

No one is committing themselves.
The PDP lawyers ended their argument with:

"...except in cases of observed clerical errors..."

That's V.Good
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by kerzhim(m): 2:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
6digitscomrade:
ok sorry for my choice of words I was angry reading through ur lines however I maintain that you can’t say it with all sincerity that he won because righteously u know all bayelsans voted him ,aggressive agreements were reached and slush funds took the centre stage there was no election it was battle for supremacy to see who will hoist a FLAG not who will liberate... im an idealist and realist,there will only be irreparable damages and unwarranted lost of lives should a rerun be advised , should judgement be overturned the judiciary will develop from HIV to AIDs if we may..

We can’t reinforce errors but we can prevent future occurrences which begins now.. I think our leaders and their handlers should even take compulsory HACCP courses,one outrigged the other in despairing manner while the other used cankerworm and technicality to shelve the latter.. in the end let them maintain status quo!! The state is the one at loss here not all this MARAUDERS..
With all honesty, we don't have elections in Nigeria but selection of the highest bidders. Just as you said, that the judiciary will develop from HIV to AIDS should the judgement be overturned...... It's come to our knowledge that the Supreme Court upheld it's judgement.

You have said it all bro! We don't have Leaders, we have marauders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:

Besides the supreme court held that APC failed to point to obvious errors in the judgement.

This is my stand since on Imo. There are obvious errors in the case of Imo as it concerns spread, the total votes as against voters register and most importantly the results tendered were not signed by INEC presiding officers. Another issue is by that judgement, SC has robbed INEC of its powers to cancel elections.

Though I agree with you that the PDP lawyer did not do the Imo case any good by saying corrections should come in future cases though it's becoming obvious that's not what he said but what APC goons reported. Tomorrow, they'll start shouting fake news

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by fergie001: 3:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
Agboriotejoye:
Besides the supreme court held that APC failed to point to obvious errors in the judgement.

This is my stand since on Imo. There are obvious errors in the case of Imo as it concerns spread, the total votes as against voters register and most importantly the results tendered were not signed by INEC presiding officers. Another issue is by that judgement, SC has robbed INEC of its powers to cancel elections.

Though I agree with you that the PDP lawyer did not do the Imo case any good by saying corrections should come in future cases though it's becoming obvious that's not what he said but what APC goons reported. Tomorrow, they'll start shouting fake news
She said, “There must be an end to litigation, the decision of the Supreme Court is final for ages in a matter.”

She said that with tears in her eyes she regretted that “very senior” lawyers were responsible for filing the applications.

The apex court awarded the costs of N10m to be personally paid by Lyon’s lawyer, Chief Afe Babalola (SAN), and APC’s lawyer, Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN).

It ruled that each of the lawyers must pay the N10m to each of the three respondents – the Peoples Democratic Party, Governor Duoye Diri, and the Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, Lawrence Ewhruojakpo. Punch
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:09pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:

She said, “There must be an end to litigation, the decision of the Supreme Court is final for ages in a matter.”

She said that with tears in her eyes she regretted that “very senior” lawyers were responsible for filing the applications.

The apex court awarded the costs of N10m to be personally paid by Lyon’s lawyer, Chief Afe Babalola (SAN), and APC’s lawyer, Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN).

It ruled that each of the lawyers must pay the N10m to each of the three respondents – the Peoples Democratic Party, Governor Duoye Diri, and the Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, Lawrence Ewhruojakpo. Punch

Who read the lead judgement
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by fergie001: 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Who read the lead judgement
Amina Adamu Augie (JSC)
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by ForbesHomesNG(m): 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
mkoabiola:
APC hired 2 gigantic legal luminaries....

Afe babalola and Wole olanipekun..

Interesting case ......interesting time

Will b at d nx hearing
Very sound and erudite legal luminaries after Gani Fawehimi. Femi Falana is also in that class.
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:32pm On Feb 26, 2020
fergie001:

Amina Adamu Augie (JSC)

Lol.... I was surprised seeing Afe Babalola too. But I guess APC were jolted into action when they saw Kanu Agabi at PDP's petition for Imo. They quickly understood the need for pedigree in a review and sought a big hand in the matter.

Well.... She should not blame Afe Babalola. The godfather of Lagos and the aspiring godfather of Edo know that every man has his price and therefore made Baba an offer he could not refuse grin

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
ForbesHomesNG:

Very sound and erudite legal luminaries after Gani Fawehimi. Femi Falana is also in that class.

Femi Falana bawo. Don't kill Baba falz for us o
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Mrphylor09: 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
Dey don turn apex court to appeal court wey go dey revisit judgement
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by ForbesHomesNG(m): 3:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
LosC:

Which TV channel pls or are you live
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by ForbesHomesNG(m): 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Femi Falana bawo. Don't kill Baba falz for us o
grin cool
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Legendguru: 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
Oh
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 27, 2020
From what I read, the decision to sack David lyon was a mistake. But any decision to review that first judgment will be a greater one.

A Supreme Court which is not final, how is it then supreme ?

The instability it will create will make Nigeria a laughing stock. Can you imagine everyone now asking for a review of his own case?

What about reviewing the reviews?

A Supreme Court must be final in its judgment.this will also force them to examine carefully before judging.
Re: Bayelsa: Supreme Court Hears Application For Review Of Judgment Sacking Lyon by DabuIIIT: 10:03am On Feb 27, 2020
Afamed:
Mary Odili jankara judgement definitely can't stand

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback ngadawo zombieterror

grin grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Atiku Rejected Tinubu As Running Mate - Akande Recounts / Reno Omokri: Summary Of The Testimony Given By CSU Under Oath / Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.