Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,439 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) (54211 Views)

Adeboye's RCCG Launches ‘Operation Show Your PVC’ In Provinces / Group Supports 'Operation Show Your Identity', Faults Falana (Photos) / Lagos Embarks On Massive Law Enforcement. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by Wickedfacts: 5:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
Staro:
Aw
Ay
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by Lalaska(m): 5:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
Always very reactive and looking for how to extract money from citizens at all costs. They should have a system in place to track which buildings have permits or not. I'm also thinking what measure are in place for staff of the department that issue wrong (unauthorised permits)?
Visiting construction sites to harass people is a very crude way of ensuring compliance.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by backnbeta(f): 5:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
Some of the inspectors will buy brand new cars in the next few months undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by Femoje(m): 5:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
donpapa:
Anything to halt and tame illegal building construction/building collapse is a welcome development.
75% of collapsed building under construction got permit from the state government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by wetmenow: 5:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
its shouldn't be one sided thing. Is a welcome development.
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by baike: 5:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Some people are looking for trouble :S
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by Richmoney1(m): 5:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Why rent when you can lease !

Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by Drakkernoir: 5:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Looking for money at all cost. 2023 presidency stuff

If you know...u know
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by nextstep(m): 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
For myself, I'm just looking at the pictures and admiring the clean construction. I pray I can gather enough money to build these kinds of structures.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by sammyLuvin(m): 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hmm
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by Jonathan39: 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
Guy you wicked oo. Do you now mean intelligence is not required to be a Nigerian president?
Wickedfacts:

Gate security is their talent. That's the only thing fulanis are useful for in Lagos.

Any job that doesn't involve intelligence, that's where you find fulanis.
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by DexterousOne(m): 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
opalu:
Lagos State Government, if you are reading this, I want to give you a very valuable advice:-

1.OUTSOURCE THE BUILDING CONTROL AGENCY to proven Private Structural Engineering Firms to handle for you. For instance each LGA can be handled by 3 Firms approved by Government. The workers you have right now in Physical planning and Building control wont be able to fit into the Megacity plan for Lagos state. Imagine how many times that we take drawings there and those guys will condemn drawings done by EXPERTS because they dont understand them. Then the ask us to give them to redesign using their own in house Architects and engineers. They will do shoddy shallow designs that they easily pass since it was done by someone they know.

2. Make Building Approval Process to be completed under 72 hours for large projects and 24hours for small projects like 2 storey downwards.

3. The cost of Approval should be drastically reduce so that every completed building and proposed ones will gladly rush to do it. Can u imagine them charging me N3m to approve a building.

Thsnk you for the insight
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by mistijude: 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
Wickedfacts:

Gate security is their talent. That's the only thing fulanis are useful for in Lagos.

Any job that doesn't involve intelligence, that's where you find fulanis.
how come they are now the people mostly at the helm of affairs?
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by Burffmern01: 5:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
[quote author=Marvyx post=86979348]
The sad thing is that You think they care about your building or they care about revenue generation?? [/They care abt Ur, revenue for d government is one side, y spent millions n d � still collapse. Do Ur soil test, prepare Ur Architecture n structural drawings for vetting, get Ur drawing approved, write to Lasbca b4 commencement of Ur construction, let's d ministry do Ur stage inspection ( from sub structure to super structure, then complete Ur letter of Completion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by DropsMic(m): 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
Cool
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by Wickedfacts: 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
mistijude:
how come they are now the people mostly at the helm of affairs?

How come whatever they touch manages to crumble? That's the Fulani curse.

Go and check any sector where the fulanis are in charge. That sector must crumble.
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by Reference(m): 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
Staro:
They are looking for money.
No developer fears Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development again.

These people are very corrupt

When you exploit the corrupt you sign up for a vicious cycle of exploitation. Just do what is right and settle the matter once and for all. Why expose yourself to endless blackmail.
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by LongThickPenis(m): 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
They are foolish. Do they not have record of all planning approvals given with addresses? Like PHCN asking for copy of paid bill when you pay to them. They should have up to date live online record of payment. Likewise for approval since it is computerized and govt has record.
If there is fake approval, it is from their staff

1 Like

Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by jaxxy(m): 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
A government that cannot fix common basic roads bt is more interested in chasing people for breaking any law just to extort them.

How about we do operation fix the bad roads

1 Like

Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by mechanics(m): 6:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
omowolewa:
Very necessary but how many houses will be demolished?
They won't demolish the houses, they might be given grace to obtain the permit for those who don't have.
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by antiApc(m): 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
Nairalanders pls come to my aid

I have searched and searched for hustle ,I can't find one ,I mean menial jobs ...everybody just wan scam me...

Pls I need any hustle ,just any menial job,dirty or clean,sales boy,factory worker,cleaner etc I need to pay my final year school fees and its of utmost importance pls just any work within Lagos or ota

I stay in ota

WhatsApp no 08089878495

Pls help a brother

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by adeoba2008(m): 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
omowolewa:
Very necessary but how many houses will be demolished?

Demolish ke?
They want to generate more IGR.
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by nwanwaoge(m): 6:06pm On Feb 26, 2020
This is wrong ...they should be the ones arriving houses without permit based on their data. There and then they can now inform those without theirs or can’t find it to produce it...

Probably no records with the govt.
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by soulwin4life: 6:15pm On Feb 26, 2020
This Apc self they are just solving minor matters while the big one is awaiting, maybe they have exhausted all the money in their fake election, they now taxing individual by all means. What about the fulani Herdmen hideouts have they investigated them.
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
...Many people will be homeless at this rate...caution must be exercised...
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by Litmus: 6:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
Good, Lagos leading the way to the promised land of Obodo oyibo standards for which Nigerians daily rent the agbada of nationality because they claim they did not have and must have at all cost evident in their willingness to insult even their forefathers...

the shithole must be filled in...
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by esthel(f): 6:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
donpapa:
Anything to halt and tame illegal building construction/building collapse is a welcome development.
they don't actually care, they need money
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by asahnwaKC: 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
Like the law have not been in existence.. undecided.....last last na settlement
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by Lucy001(f): 6:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Looking for money at all cost. 2023 presidency stuff

Tinubu things grin
Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by AmazingELixir: 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
undecided undecided undecided

Just imagine this criminals...they left where they are supposed to check for buildings likely to be defective in places like Victoria island and the likes with old dilapidated buildings instead they opted for banana island so they extort money from the big boys there...glorified government sponsored omonile..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) by Tapout(m): 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
planning permit ?? This Lagos is becoming too irritating doe my liking

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dr. Ismaila Farouk Blasts Osinbajo; Says He’s No Saint / Could These Be Why Electricty Is Stable In Nigeria Now??? Photos / Caption!! Sanwo-olu's Face During Election Win Celebration (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.