Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity (51967 Views)

Insecurity: Catholics In Nigeria To Wear Black Outfits On Ash Wednesday / Pastor Adeboye Leads RCCG Protest Against Insecurity In Nigeria (Video, Photos) / CAN Prayer Walk: Pastor Adeboye Leads Protest Against Insecurity (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by nero2face: 1:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
xrayj:
I am not APC my brother, check my posts.
lol, I didn't call u an APC member oh,
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by opribo(m): 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
What if we are wrong in what we do, just saying.

Alot of things we do are not written anywhere in the Bible, and I know my Bible made me to know that you do not add or subtract from the Bible.

Our God is a Spirit and can only be worshipped in truth and in spirit.
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by Maobichek: 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
careytommy37:
You all had the chance to stop this human-disaster from presiding over your affairs last year but chose to play the ostrich by buying into propaganda. Twice.

The gullibility of many Nigerians who bought into this Saint bubu propaganda puts a question on the quality of our education.
The left-stream media of the US tried so hard to paint Trump all shades of evil but Americans are not buying it. Today the US is far better than it was from the previous admin unlike ours here where the reverse is the case.
To be frank with you, last year presidential election was just a formality, the truth remains that if the actual figure obtained were presented by INEC, APC will not be in Villa today. I don't know where you reside but here in FCT, APC lost woefully even inside Villa, Osibanjo also lost his poling unit. The truth remains that vote didn't count. Nigerians voted against APC but it was manipulated. I'm talking from experience, if the actual result from FCT was published, you will believe with me that the presidential election was manipulated, thank you.
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by supercase1(m): 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
Sophy22:

For ur information, it's only GOD that can change this nation for good.
We are wearing black because we are condoling/mourning with the family of those who lost their loved ones
Stop deceiving yourself, the only way this nation can be saved is getting power back from the fulanis
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by danfourtson(m): 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
O lord have mercy on us and heal our land..Amen

2 Likes

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by poweredcom(m): 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Bullock shyte ashewo Wednesday to me hahaha

All dese religious nonsense
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by dasparrow: 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
careytommy37:
You all had the chance to stop this human-disaster from presiding over your affairs last year but chose to play the ostrich by buying into propaganda. Twice.

The gullibility of many Nigerians who bought into this Saint bubu propaganda puts a question on the quality of our education.
The left-stream media of the US tried so hard to paint Trump all shades of evil but Americans are not buying it. Today the US is far better than it was from the previous admin unlike ours here where the reverse is the case.

The U.S is not better under Trump. I don't know why people like you who don't live in America will sit there and act like you understand what's going on with American politics when you clearly don't know what is going on. Stick to your Nigerian politics and leave American politics out of your mouth. Gracias!

1 Like

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by MissYusraah: 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kingpele:
Good one, oh God the lord of the universe, we have sinned against you by doing what you judged to be wrong... Father forgive me and all that are living in darkness of sin, help us to truly repent of our sins and turn to your holiness, so that the light of your glorious presence might shine upon us, grant us this grace in this season of lent through the holy name of your. Glorious son Jesus Christ i pray oh lord....
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by Patrioticman007(m): 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
Xavfra:
They should take up arms instead of protesting....
This is how Constantinople was lost to those Kafirs

You should add Jerusalem, Damascus and please don't forget to add how Kaffirs killed & conquered the America's from the red India's .
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by Bryan88(m): 2:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
xrayj:
Wearing black will not change anything!
but it will send signals or strong messages.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by careytommy37(m): 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
Maobichek:
To be frank with you, last year presidential election was just a formality, the truth remains that if the actual figure obtained were presented by INEC, APC will not be in Villa today. I don't know where you reside but here in FCT, APC lost woefully even inside Villa, Osibanjo also lost his poling unit. The truth remains that vote didn't count. Nigerians voted against APC but it was manipulated. I'm talking from experience, if the actual result from FCT was published, you will believe with me that the presidential election was manipulated, thank you.

Rigging can only take a candidate so far.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by careytommy37(m): 3:07pm On Feb 26, 2020
dasparrow:

The U.S is not better under Trump. I don't know why people like you who don't live in America will sit there and act like you understand what's going on with American politics when you clearly don't know what is going on. Stick to your Nigerian politics and leave American politics out of your mouth. Gracias!

The facts are there. I don't need to live in the US, the info is available online.
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by Casemiro(m): 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2020
God help us

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by djoe21(m): 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kingpele:
Good one, oh God the lord of the universe, we have sinned against you by doing what you judged to be wrong... Father forgive me and all that are living in darkness of sin, help us to truly repent of our sins and turn to your holiness, so that the light of your glorious presence might shine upon us, grant us this grace in this season of lent through the holy name of your. Glorious son Jesus Christ i pray oh lord....

Amen. What a powerful prayer.
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by ForbesHomesNG(m): 3:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
NobleAngell:
I guess this is a sign of mourning which is the actual state if this nation. Happy ash Wednesday to Catholics out there.
Happy Ash Wednesday not just to Catholics, but to all Christian faithfuls.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by showafrica(m): 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
xrayj:

Protest no dey solve any problem in Nigeria . A whole adeboye protested yet Buhari slept well.
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by PWAPUTI2010(m): 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
Jesus is our strength in Nigeria today, we are in a very insecure moments in history, more especially we in the Northern part of this country are faced with a lot of pains and agony, please we need your prayers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by Autotech312(m): 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
Architectben34:
Catholics are known for modesty and chastity. I will love to marry a Catholic lady

What are Celestial, Cherubim & seraphim known for......just curious.
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by mrdipye(m): 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
Dead nation
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by illiteratepmb: 5:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
Architectben34:
Catholics are known for modesty and chastity. I will love to marry a Catholic lady
Na dem
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by akp202(m): 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
nero2face:
if only we realized ORUBEBE was actually trying to save us...we have never had it this bad
who would have thought so?
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by Torie8(f): 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ogegeodey:
I'm very proud to be a catholic.

May we get the blessings that comes with the Calvary journey, and may we never get tired until we are resurrected with Christ.
Yes am proud to be a catholic even with the criticisms

1 Like

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by Asazwalingwa: 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
xrayj:

Mad man spotted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by FullBlastLight: 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
xrayj:

... and not wearing black will, right?

1 Like

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by FullBlastLight: 6:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
How does wearing black change anything?

How does not wearing black change anything? Huh?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by FullBlastLight: 6:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
Doing what??
Will wearing black stop anything?
Total waste of time if you ask me![/quote]

At least, all national & some int'l media captured it & it has gone into history that a mournful protest was made against the incessant bloodbath in Nigeria!

Keeping quiet & hope things will change on its own accord is laughably worse!

Mahatma Ghandi made many peaceful protests & eventually, it worked!

Nothing changes by keeping mute!

Think about that & stop belching already!
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by Legendguru: 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
Ok
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by jnrbayano(m): 8:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
tsephanyah:
That's true; there is no mention of Ash Wednesday in the Bible. And why deleting my comments

Where is bible mentioned in the bible?

1 Like

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by Bunnatex(m): 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
I'm A catholic but i seem to be oblivious of the essence of this black outfit.. Seriously, come on... Wearing black to church and back is supposed to send a message.
I think that if the leaders of the church dont want to do anything, let them keep mute as usual but if they do want to make a stand, then it should be loud.
I believe they can do more, eg They can start to mandate their priest to speak to the people of God about the need to be liberated. There are various passages in the holy bible that can back it up. Nehemiah, 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 kings all have stories for back up.
Let them do this bravely, and instill amongst the people the aura of political participation only then would they have made their mark...
But of course there's no clear distinction between some of them and politicians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TB Joshua Arrives Israel. Deputy Major Of Jerusalem Said This About Him (pics) / How Pastors Have Sex With Members - Olukoya / Bishop Oyedepo: I Warned Nigerians In 2015 About This ‘Evil’ Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.