Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity (51968 Views)

Insecurity: Catholics In Nigeria To Wear Black Outfits On Ash Wednesday / Pastor Adeboye Leads RCCG Protest Against Insecurity In Nigeria (Video, Photos) / CAN Prayer Walk: Pastor Adeboye Leads Protest Against Insecurity (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by Andy2274: 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
Bunnatex:
I'm A catholic but i seem to be oblivious of the essence of this black outfit.. Seriously, come on... Wearing black to church and back is supposed to send a message.
I think that if the leaders of the church dont want to do anything, let them keep mute as usual but if they do want to make a stand, then it should be loud.
I believe they can do more, eg They can start to mandate their priest to speak to the people of God about the need to be liberated. There are various passages in the holy bible that can back it up. Nehemiah, 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 kings all have stories for back up.
Let them do this bravely, and instill amongst the people the aura of political participation only then would they have made their mark...
But of course there's no clear distinction between some of them and politicians.
. You are not a catholic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by NobleAngell(f): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
ForbesHomesNG:

Happy Ash Wednesday not just to Catholics, but to all Christian faithfuls.
To all.
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by content208: 9:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
xrayj:

Doing what??
Will wearing black stop anything?
Total waste of time if you ask me!

If it was done by RCCG or Winners, will you still call it a waste of time, right?
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by Rossycee(f): 9:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
Proudly Catholic.. May God deliver this country.
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by xrayj(m): 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
content208:

If it was done by RCCG or Winners, will you still call it a waste of time, right?
Bigger waste of time
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by BAMSRAY(m): 6:27am On Feb 27, 2020
xrayj:

Doing what??
Will wearing black stop anything?
Total waste of time if you ask me!
which one have you done that you are criticizing have you ever pray for your country.putting on black will solve everything as we pray and fast tugeda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by Bunnatex(m): 6:28am On Feb 27, 2020
Andy2274:
. You are not a catholic.
Speak for yourself. I'm a bona fide catholic but i still am realistic.
Re: Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity by bot101(m): 10:01am On Feb 27, 2020
tsephanyah:
That's true; there is no mention of Ash Wednesday in the Bible. And why deleting my comments

Ok.
There's no mention of Easter in the bible
There's no mention of Christmas in the bible
There's no mention of Sunday service in the bible

You surely celebrate at least one of these if you are a Christian and if you aren't, shut the f*ck up and take a seat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TB Joshua Arrives Israel. Deputy Major Of Jerusalem Said This About Him (pics) / How Pastors Have Sex With Members - Olukoya / Bishop Oyedepo: I Warned Nigerians In 2015 About This ‘Evil’ Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.