Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars (1203 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Police Ban Street Protests In Kano / Ban On Street Begging Forces Almajiri To Dumpsites In Kano / The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by Arrewa: 4:32pm On Feb 26, 2020
Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State has prohibited street begging in the state. He stated this at the inauguration of the Child’s Rights Protection Executive Order, in Lafia on Wednesday.

The Governor said, “Without sounding immodest, this law apart from the prohibition of street begging, provides punishment for parents who out of irresponsibility throw away their children to street begging. “In this regard, Government has taken measures to enrol our children into Tsangaya Schools with a view to addressing the menace.
Governor Sule said that implementation of the Child’s Right Protection Executive Order, 2005 will guarantee the safety, security, well being, good health and education, as well as the future of children in the state.
He appealed to traditional rulers, religious and community leaders to support the initiative for the good of all.
In his remarks, the Commissioner for Justice, Dr. Abdulkarim Kana said the law was initiated for the betterment of the youth, the state and Nigeria in general.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nasarawa-outlaws-street-begging-vows-to-punish-parents-of-beggars.html

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by tofolo(m): 4:35pm On Feb 26, 2020
All the preaching of HRH Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is gradually entering their heads.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by Arrewa: 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
Our leaders are finally waking up from their slumber
Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by Blue3k(m): 4:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
Common sense is reaching there slowly. When parents start going to prison people will learn to be responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by sinaj(f): 4:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
Im really happy for them, at least this will help them stop giving birth to children they cant take care of.

I hope they abolish that stupid quota system next, this is 2020 they should all sit up.

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by Officialgarri: 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
Good things are happening in Buhari era. Especially the Apc states. They seem to have no opposition, so they are facing their jobs squarely.

Same cannot be said of most PDP states. They are always at loggerheads with a party who doesn't even recognize their existence
While some are sharing kerosene, some are sharing wheel barrows as empowerment grin

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by FemolasticA: 4:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
Good move! sometimes we nigerians we lean the hard way.
sort to say!
Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by itsme01: 4:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
cool

Why do Northerners , Arrewas always tell lies that beggars are not Northerners but Chadians and Nigeriens and in reality it is the Northerners and their unwanted pregnancy and babies dumped on the society

kudos to Ganduje , Emir Sanusi, Aisha Buhari foundation and Sultan

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by ursullalinda(f): 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
Seems the Northern governors are beginning to borrow sense......Good move.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by thundafire: 5:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
Sanusi words is piercing der hearts

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by Blue3k(m): 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
itsme01:
cool

Why do Northerners , Arrewas always tell lies that beggars are not Northerners but Chadians and Nigeriens and in reality it is the Northerners and their unwanted pregnancy and babies dumped on the society.

Excuse mongering is cultural at this point. If they foreigners why didnt they deport them? All he's admitting is they condone criminality. Even the state governors make the same sort of excuses saying these children come from neighboring states and other countries to beg.

The commissioner said the increasing population of out-of-school kids in the state was due to the porous borders and subsequent influx of children hawkers from Niger Republic and Benin Republic.

Aliero said the state government once caught two trucks filled with children of various school ages, coming from outside the country and passing through Kebbi to Zaria, Kaduna State.

The state Commissioner for Education, Alhaji Magawata Aliero
Kebbi is bordering two countries and there is influx of their children in the country. When it is rainy season, you won’t see them. They would have gone back for farming.

“We identified about 800,000 children but during the rainy season, they were about 400,000 to 500,000 children.

The state Commissioner for Education, Alhaji Magawata Aliero
Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by Arrewa: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
itsme01:
cool

Why do Northerners , Arrewas always tell lies that beggars are not Northerners but Chadians and Nigeriens and in reality it is the Northerners and their unwanted pregnancy and babies dumped on the society

kudos to Ganduje , Emir Sanusi, Aisha Buhari foundation and Sultan

We have beggars in ever part of Nigeria...

I have seen yoruba beggars, I have seen even igbo beggars when I visited Ebonyi state

But the majority of the beggars you see in the South are Chadians and Nigeriens...

Our main beggars here in the north are the almajiris... The system is already dying a natural death cos parents no longer send their children there... few poor unenlightened northerners who still believe in the system send their children there to acquire knowledge, which they will later end up on the street...

So what northern governors are doing now is total eradication...

In the north we no longer have almajiri in large numbers unlike before...

Parents now send their children to Islamiya (Islamic school) this is a news system of learning... Where the child no longer have to live with the teachers... They return home after classes... Just like normal western schools

Most of these Islamiyas teach both western and Islamic education...

Like me now...I'm a product of Islamiya

I can read and write in Arabic...

Nobody can brainwash me or try to manipulate me with Islam... I can read and translate without anyone helping...

So in the north now parents prefer islamiya than Almajiri system of learning... They now see it as analog system of learning... They prefer staying with their children while studying
Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by itsme01: 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
Arrewa:

I have seen yoruba beggars, I have seen igbo beggars...

But the majority of beggars you see in the South are Chadians and Nigeriens...

Our main beggars here in the north are the almajiris... The system is already dying a natural death cos parents no longer send their children there... few poor unenlightened northerners who still believe in the system send their children there to acquire knowledge, which they will later end up on the street...

Parents now send their children to Islamiya (Islamic school) this is a news system of learning... Where the child no longer have to stay with the teachers... They return home after classes... Just like normal western schools

ofcoarse their are beggars everywhere, even americans have beggars and hobos , what we are talking about is the magnitude of beggars coming from the north and the sheer ignorance and denial few northerners who are middle class give, I was once listening to VOA hausa with my Northern relative who grew up in kano, and the hausa presenter repeated this same big falasy you just typed that Southern beggars are chadians and nigeriens,..

look in all sense of respect to the North we all know that is a lie, during the dry season when most farming activities are minimal, Northerners catch cheap rides on trailers with their wives and kids to the south(atleast southwest that I know of), while the men hustle in a legit way bike riding, tailoring, shoe making and all.. the women simply seat at every street corners and watch their kids beg.. one of this days I will make a video showing you this facts, some with their kwankwasiya stickers on their bikes and all, and the kids freely telling you where they are from and who their parents are

Again I truly commend the new crops of Northern Leaders for taking a stand on this Almajiri menace but beggars down south are not almajiri they are brought there by there parents.. this is a fact I know cause a part of my family are northerners and my mum grew up in kano, speaking far better hausa than most of this new breed northerners

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by nameo: 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
Good!!!
Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by AtikuMeansJobs: 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
Nigeria to me looks more like a broken coconut. Most ethnic groups aren't comfortable in the union. The lack of trust that's prevalent is unpresidented. Those who have made dialogue for restructuring impossible are indirectly pulling us apart from one another . If Biafra can make use of the social media positively, stop embarrassing her leaders, stop being craftmasters of deception and pursue their course with a better organized framework, I sincerely believe they have a strong chance of achieving their dreams. Needless to say the irresponsible conduct of the fulanis in Nigeria has irreversibly damaged project Nigeria. Regrettably, we all used to proud to be called Nigerians. Nigeria would have been better as one United entity no doubt but what happens when I cannot trust my ' brothers ' anymore ?

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by Arrewa: 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
itsme01:

ofcoarse their are beggars everywhere, even americans have beggars and hobos , what we are talking about is the magnitude of beggars coming from the north and the sheer ignorance and denial few northerners who are middle class give, I was once listening to VOA hausa with my Northern relative who grew up in kano, and the hausa presenter repeated this same big falasy you just typed that Southern beggars are chadians and nigeriens,..

look in all sense of respect to the North we all know that is a lie, during the dry season when most farming activities are minimal, Northerners catch cheap rides on trailers with their wives and kids to the south(atleast southwest that I know of), while the men hustle in a legit way bike riding, tailoring, shoe making and all.. the women simply seat at every street corners and watch their kids beg.. one of this days I will make a video showing you this facts, some with their kwankwasiya stickers on their bikes and all, and the kids freely telling you where they are from and who their parents are

Again I truly commend the new crops of Northern Leaders for taking a stand on this Almajiri menace but beggars down south are not almajiri they are brought there by there parents

so during raining season Nigeriens don't
travel back to farm abi??

80% of those Abbokis in the south are Nigeriens

We also have them here hustling along side our people... When the competition is too much they run down to the south... I have visited many state in the south...when I was in the south I hardly meet a fellow northerner... The only Hausa speaking people I meet were Nigereins...

You people can hardly differentiate cos they are mainly Muslims and speak Hausa

Hausafulanis hardly travel to the south...

Unless those in military, navy, custom and few sending agricultural products to the south... We also have Hausafulanis doing berau d change in the south...

I never understand the stereotype and misconception the southners have for Northerners until I traveled down to the south... So I don't blame you for that

You judge by what you perceive and see
Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by itsme01: 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2020
Arrewa:
so during raining season Nigeriens don't
travel back to farm abi??

80% of those Abbokis in the south are Nigeriens

We also have them here hustling along side our people... When the competition is too much they run down to the south... I have visited many state in the south...when I was in the south I hardly meet a fellow northerner... The only Hausa speaking people I meet were Nigereins...

You people can hardly differentiate cos they are mainly Muslims and speak Hausa

well I speak for SouthWest and not entire South and I can confidently tell you they are Nigerian northerners not aliens, they even have settlements like Sabo and Sasaa with their own Sariki so please don't tell me what am fully certain of, we talk and interact with them Chadian and Nigerian speak Hausa and French.. Northerners speak Hausa and English.. its the same with Herdsmen you guys try to call foreigners

this shameful and brazen denial is what upset most southwestern locals, and this is why things like Amotekun are now springing up.. Hausas before now would be honest at all times, this days they lie to insult our intelligence and are as arrogant as mbororo bush Fulani this days

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by Arrewa: 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
itsme01:

well I speak for SouthWest and not entire South and I can confidently tell you they are Nigerian northerners not aliens, they even have settlements like Sabo and Sasaa with their own Sariki so please don't tell me what am fully certain of, we talk and interact with them Chadian and Nigerian speak Hausa and French.. Northerners speak Hausa and English.. its the same with Herdsmen you guys try to call foreigners
Nigeriens speak fluent Hausa too... They answer Muslim names too...

I'm not saying that there are no northerners in the south... What I'm telling you is that 80 percent of those Abbokis you see in the South ain't Hausafulanis from Nothern Nigeria...

When I was in the east... Almost every Hausa speaking people I encounter were Nigerians..

I can hear Igbos calling them Abboki or mallams

So you hardly differentiate but you can make your own research independently to affirm or debunk this...
Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by BiafraIpob25: 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
Arrewa:
Our leaders are finally waking up from their slumber
there are Not waking up rather developing North grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by JAWBONE(m): 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
No matter how long it takes, truth always win.

Zombies after blasting a shinning light of the nation for his comments should bury their heads in shame
Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by Uyi168: 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
Officialgarri:
Good things are happening in Buhari era. Especially the Apc states. They seem to have no opposition, so they are facing their jobs squarely.

Same cannot be said of most PDP states. They are always at loggerheads with a party who doesn't even recognize their existence
While some are sharing kerosene, some are sharing wheel barrows as empowerment grin
Somehow,u still manage to bring silly politics into this ...

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by Supan(m): 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
Arrewa:
Nigeriens speak fluent Hausa too... They answer Muslim names too...

I'm not saying that there are no northerners in the south... What I'm telling you is that 80 percent of those Abbokis you see in the South ain't Hausafulanis from Nothern Nigeria...

When I was in the east... Almost every Hausa speaking people I encounter were Nigerians..

I can hear Igbos calling them Abboki or mallams

So you hardly differentiate but you can make your own research independently to affirm or debunk this...

Dan iska stop crying!!! Just pray that ur governors sustain this trend and don't ganDollar the fund meant for it or else they will bounce back in greater number, eating up their elite. By then the East, West and Middle belt would have left Nigeria for you.

Cry cry baby.

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by Supan(m): 8:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
Arrewa:

I have seen yoruba beggars, I have seen even igbo beggars when I visited Ebonyi state

But the majority of the beggars you see in the South are Chadians and Nigeriens...

You have taken that ur burukutu again... Total eradication, bawo... Ur governors has been ganDollaring funds meant for education, leaving it for the Federal govt. to do it. They will build one jankara flyover, construct 1 km road and paint it with flashy colours. You will then shamelessly come here and start comparing how they are better than Southern states.

If u are so passionate, better collect form 4rm kano govt and start teaching d repentant boko young urns. Because even at this, it will take d core north at least a century to catch up with the south.

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by ChoCho54(f): 9:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
Arrewa:

Parents now send their children to Islamiya (Islamic school) this is a news system of learning... Where the child no longer have to live with the teachers... They return home after classes... Just like normal western schools

Most of these Islamiyas teach both western and Islamic education...

Like me now...I'm a product of Islamiya

I can read and write in Arabic...

Nobody can brainwash me or try to manipulate me with Islam... I can read and translate without anyone helping...

So in the north now parents prefer islamiya than Almajiri system of learning... They now see it as analog system of learning... They prefer staying with their children while studying
Islamuya or not, later they will still abandon their parents and head to sambisa.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Ban Street Begging, Vows To Punish Parents Of Beggars by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Its not about banning but what laws has the north made towards family planning ?

(1) (Reply)

Governor Yahya Bello Should Isolate Himself And Get Tested Immediately / COVID-19:. Stop The Hate on the President / Covid-19 To Create Fear To Make Mankind Accept 5g And Digital Id - Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.