Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

Trump In 1980: I'll Dedicate My Life To America-We Need People With Strong Views - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump In 1980: I'll Dedicate My Life To America-We Need People With Strong Views (473 Views)

100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For / Robert Mugabe Jubilating After His Election In 1980 (Throwback Photos) / 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump In 1980: I'll Dedicate My Life To America-We Need People With Strong Views by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38am On Feb 27, 2020
TRUMP in 1980: ‘I Would Dedicate My Life to this Country,’ America Needs People with ‘Strong Views’
posted by Hannity Staff - 2 days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAgJAxkALyc

Recently unearthed footage of Donald Trump’s 1980 interview with legendary columnist Rona Barrett is shedding new light on the President’s unlikely and historic journey from New York businessman to the White House.

“For some people the ultimate goal in life has been becoming the President of the United States. Would you like to be the President of the United States?” asked Barrett.

“I really don’t believe I would, Rona. But I would like to see somebody as the President who could do the job. There are very capable people in this country,” said Trump.

“Why wouldn’t you dedicate yourself to public service?” she pressed.

“Because I think it’s a very mean life. I would dedicate my life to this country, but I see it as being a mean life. I also see it as somebody with strong views, somebody with the kind of views that are maybe a little unpopular but may be right, wouldn’t necessarily have the chance of getting elected against somebody with no great brain but a big smile,” he added.

Watch Trump’s 1980 interview above.

https://hannity.com/media-room/trump-in-1980-i-would-dedicate-my-life-to-this-country-america-needs-people-with-strong-views/
Re: Trump In 1980: I'll Dedicate My Life To America-We Need People With Strong Views by Bluntguy: 1:52am On Feb 27, 2020
Forty years ago, he dedicated his life to his country, but the Nigerian politician will dedicate Nigeria to his life. Anyway sha, I still have hope.

3 Likes

Re: Trump In 1980: I'll Dedicate My Life To America-We Need People With Strong Views by dawnomike(m): 2:07am On Feb 27, 2020
He realized what he wanted and he went all out for it.

3 Likes

Re: Trump In 1980: I'll Dedicate My Life To America-We Need People With Strong Views by yanabasee(m): 2:34am On Feb 27, 2020
If you dig out Buhari's comments.... He'd probably be talking about dedicating his life for Sharia law and cows..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump In 1980: I'll Dedicate My Life To America-We Need People With Strong Views by RoyalBlu(f): 4:12am On Feb 27, 2020
This is some major throwback!

A man of vision he is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump In 1980: I'll Dedicate My Life To America-We Need People With Strong Views by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:46pm On Mar 12, 2020
Bluntguy:

Forty years ago, he dedicated his life to his country, but the Nigerian politician will dedicate Nigeria to his life. Anyway sha, I still have hope.

You can see the difference in the dedication of the leadership in both leaders.
Re: Trump In 1980: I'll Dedicate My Life To America-We Need People With Strong Views by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:25am On Aug 04, 2020
dawnomike:

He realized what he wanted and he went all out for it.

That's the kind of President we need in our Obodo country. cheesy
Re: Trump In 1980: I'll Dedicate My Life To America-We Need People With Strong Views by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30am On Aug 05, 2020
yanabasee:

If you dig out Buhari's comments.... He'd probably be talking about dedicating his life for Sharia law and cows..

Man must dedicate his life for something. cool

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus Relive / China Says US Protests Show 'chronic Disease' Of Racism / White People Never Had Any Civilization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.