Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For (47770 Views)

WWII Bomb Uncovered In Dresden, Police Evacuating 3,300 Residents / This Is The America We All Praise / Trump In 1980: I'll Dedicate My Life To America-We Need People With Strong Views (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Holiness2100: 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcnQJd_XRQQ
STATE OF THE NATION: Our country is going to hell in a hand-basket'! WWII veteran celebrating 100th birthday breaks down in TEARS while discussing current state of America

A World War II Florida veteran celebrating his 100th birthday broke down in tears as he gave a heartbreaking assessment of the state of the country he fought for 80 years ago, saying 'it's going to hell in a hand-basket.'

Reminiscing about his time in the Marines, Plant City veteran Carl Spurlin Dekle said that while fighting in the war was his biggest pride, slain soldiers had not died for the America of today.

'People don't realize what they have,' Dekle told Fox13.

'The things we did and the things we fought for and the boys that died for it, it's all gone down the drain. Our country is going to hell in a hand-basket.'

Dekle became inconsolable as he spoke about the contrasts between the America he grew up in and the current state of affairs in the country.

His remarks came during an interview to commemorate Dekle's 100th birthday, which the Silver-medal holder spent with friends and family.

Speaking to the Plant City Courier & Tribune, Dekle highlighted the sacrifices he and many of his Marine Corps friends had made for Americans to enjoy their freedom.

'I want the young kids to realize that freedom comes with a heavy price. It isn't given to people out of the goodness of others,' he told the outlet at the time.

'It's something you have to fight and sometimes die for.'

'I really believe in this whole world and believe everything is beautiful. I mean if I wake up in the morning and see these plants, and all of those flowers, and the green grass in the ground, that's beautiful,' he told Fox13.

Dekle proudly showed off his many medals from his time in the Marines. Among them, a Silver Star he was awarded for fighting in the First Marine Division during World War II.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10978487/amp/WWII-veteran-celebrating-100th-birthday-breaks-discussing-current-state-America.html

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by MufasaLion: 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2022
God Bless America.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
Long live America..haters can keep crying their head out.. grin
These Dumbos are supposed to find a solution to their unending sh**thole terrorist activities but they are here judging and bashing America.. grin

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Totilopussylick(m): 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
Donald trump really wrecked American

reputation very bad.

No one fears the once a great country now tongue

Even Nigeria can fight them and go free undecided.

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by JBriel: 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
It's saddening. The woke mentality is causing problems

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Reinamaria(f): 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
Those who have not experienced war will never know the value of peace and freedom - the price that was paid.

I mean if I wake up in the morning and see these plants, and all of those flowers, and the green grass in the ground, that's beautiful.

Priceless.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by heendrix(m): 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
want to resemble the typa face Obidient folks is gonna look like after 2023 with the caption "This is not the Obi we spent our lives abusing others for"

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Righteousness2(m): 5:02pm On Jul 06, 2022
No matter how boisterous and bubbling a Fish is, the moment it leaves its source, Water, it will loose strength and eventually die.

When a Nation or individual Departs from its Source, GOD ALMIGHTY , you loose taste, you loose Strength, you become foolish and be Destroyed

The United States of America , a Nation Founded and built on Godly Principles and Empowered by GOD ,with the exception of a few, has turned its back on its Source and has become Nomerica, headed for Full Destruction.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by jimetagambo: 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
After what the US went through in the hands of Trump,it is still recovering from the Shock of how a racist almost led a successful coup.

Mike Pence (Trump's VP) also almost lost his life in the pro-Trump Republicans January 6 chaos and Trump said Pence deserved it.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Ktosin753: 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
JBriel:
It's saddening. The woke mentality is causing problems
This guy is a confirmed scammer
https://www.nairaland.com/7201069/how-recoup-payment-someone-whom#114234590

6 Likes

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Drenimarcus(m): 8:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
You have to live in America to really understand what this Senior is talking about. This is not the America we grew up admiring. It has turned toxic and depressing. The woke culture has destroyed this country and what scares me is, it is going to get worse. It is why i am hesitating on child bearing. I want to see what happens in 2024 first because with the way things are going., we may have a civil war soon.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Ballzproblemm: 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2022
I know say na righteousness ,u dey chook eye for America but yesterday terrorist busted prison located at our capital but you no see am as end time but na America you for don rush create topic

36 Likes

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by SecretReporter(f): 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2022
Lk
Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
This is not the darling country our forefathers fought for also.
That being said.........

Each and any politicians that have stolen from our National treasury, and make life difficult for Nigerians, since independence, no matter the political party they are, they will never enjoy their stolen goods in good health and peace till the rest of their miserable lives.

For all the suffering people are going through in this nation, any looting and thieving politician, from past to present will not end well.

And this also goes to their supporters, nothing good will come their way in life.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Wawelexy(m): 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
America needs to be revived....
Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by stano2(m): 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
Doh
It’s not easy
Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
Drenimarcus:
You have to live in America to really understand what this Senior is talking about. This is not the America we grew up admiring. It has turned toxic and depressing. The woke culture has destroyed this country and what scares me is, it is going to get worse. It is why i am hesitating on child bearing. I want to see what happens in 2024 first because with the way things are going., we may have a civil war soon.
Hmmmmm, deep!

3 Likes 4 Shares

heendrix:
want to resemble the typa face Obidient folks is gonna look like after 2023 with the caption "This is not the Obi we spent our lives abusing others for"

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by heytgad: 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
A WORD OF PRAYER TO OUR DEAR TINUBU & APC SUPPORTERS

I love Tinubu so much, he is the best strategist of our time, he is part of those that orchestrated the birth of APC, a party that have transformed our dear country to a paradise.

Honestly these can not be possible without our lovely APC supporters, so I feel a strong need to appreciate their efforts with these word of Prayer.

If you are reading this & you support APC and/or TINUBU

1. May your life turn out the way Nigeria have turned out under 7.5 years of APC leadership

2. May your destiny turn out the way Lagos has turned out under 23 years of APC rule

3. May all your relatives and loved ones be as safe as all parts of Nigeria

4. May you be as healthy as Tinubu for the rest of your lives

5. May your children have similar criminal record as Tinubu's own

6. May your source of wealth be as clean as Tinubu's source of Wealth

7. May the fate of Naira against Dollar from 2015 & 2022 be your fate in life

8. May your blood pressure rise in the same manner as the price of commodities

9. May you be as indebted as Nigeria is under APC

10. When our dear Tinubu finally becomes president, may the fate of Nigeria economy befall you and your generations

11. As Tinubu is set to continue the good works of the Man he helped become president, may the outcome of the prayers continue to manifest in your life till you die and unto your unborn generations

12. Anytime any of your family visit hospital for anything, may the doctor that will attend to them be as competent as Tinubu is competent to lead Nigeria

I love you all. Thank you

Pls help me tag our APC brothers and sisters to partake in this powerful prayers

cc:

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by 1Sharon(f): 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
Too many black people, ay?

2 Likes

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Just saw the video about an hour ago..
Nairaland dey try..
Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by nirvanaoo: 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Still x100 better than Nigerian under Buhari and Tinubu

1 Like

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Mindlog: 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Nigeria's own is indescribable. angry

3 Likes

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by MindHacker9009(m): 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Trump's party was the party that abolished slave trade which lead to the American civil war with Biden's and which Trump's party won

7 Likes

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by harmargedon: 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
Drenimarcus:
that's what happens when Tom, dick, and Harry are listened to.

3 Likes

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by ImoleNaija: 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
Makes me want to believe the saying 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'.

If you know, you know.
Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by LOVEGINO(m): 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
If Na naija him dey, him for die b dat Na.

1 Like

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Nazgul: 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2022
He's not far from the Truth. America has become the world capital of sexual immorality, psychos, wayward children, racism... etc.

Honestly, if not that Nigeria is far worse, I doubt if Nigerians would be paying millions to relocate there permanently.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Al-Shabab Attacks Joint US-Kenyan Military Base / 50 Dead In Anti-Hijab Protests In Iran / Meet Mamoudou Gassama: The Malian Who Saved A Child In France, The Job Offers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.