Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,000 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? (1498 Views)

Stories About People Living In Houses Haunted By Ghosts, Are They Real? / Supernatural Beings And Ghosts: Checkout Some Scary Stories From Twitter. / We Will Woo Them, They Will Say They Want Rich Guys Now They Are Walking Ghosts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by Richnerd69: 11:21am On Feb 27, 2020
Most times in our lives, we meet new people, strangers , and they become very special to us . We begin to care, to make out time out of our busy schedule to hookup and hangout with these people. The energy invested is greatly reciprocated.

We create sparkling moments and good memories together, which makes the experience worthwhile.
But, all of a sudden , your constant communication drops, no more visitations, hangouts , calls or text .

This act leaves you hurt, or slightly broken , especially if it's someone you are deeply interested in.

To your knowledge, Nothing really happened, no fights or arguments whatsoever.
They just disappear from your life without telling you why and then barely a month after , they resurface out of the blue , wanting to work their way back to your broken heart.

This sudden change of act exhibited by them is likely to leave you depressed, it could deplete your self esteem , as you begin to question your self-worth and make some unnecessary self evaluations of yourself .

Do you accept them back or let them go after they hurt your ego, hence, holding on to self respect as last resort to maintaining your ego?
Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by dawnomike(m): 11:27am On Feb 27, 2020
Have them back but guard your heart with all diligence around them...
Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:31am On Feb 27, 2020
Honestly, that's the quickest way to make me lose interest. I live for communication. If & when you do return, I'll tear your àss up, that's a given. I'd probably wet you up too if I had pepper spray grin That's how much I don't like it. There were cases where I've taken someone back after they've ghosted me, but not without a severe tongue lashing from me before reconciling & every other time I think about it & it makes me mad. I don't know why people do it, but I find it annoying. I don't think I'll ever tolerate it again. You ghost me, I'm blocking you.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by Nbote(m): 11:43am On Feb 27, 2020
U simply ghost d person too na... So we can all b ghosts
Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by Kaykay999(m): 11:46am On Feb 27, 2020
Ghosting mode means your partner is passing through hard times or depressed and when you don’t care to call or check up on him/her or something must be wrong.
An open conversation face to face can resolve that,try to call and check up on your partner.
Text message and call especially text message is very important and he won’t ignore it.
Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:51am On Feb 27, 2020
Kaykay999:
Ghosting mode means your partner is passing through hard times or depressed and when you don’t care to call or check up on him/her or something must be wrong.
An open conversation face to face can resolve that,try to call and check up on your partner.
Text message and call especially text message is very important and he won’t ignore it.

No, their fingers are not depressed or "going through hard times" too. How about giving someone a heads up & letting them know? With so many game players out there, it's hard to sympathize & not think they must be up to something. When people ghost me, I ignore them right back. I don't have time for uncommunicative people & games.

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by Martinez39s(m): 11:55am On Feb 27, 2020
When the person comes back, ghost them forever. Unseriousness should never be tolerated.

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by Richnerd69: 11:56am On Feb 27, 2020
XhosaNostra:
Honestly, that's the quickest way to make me lose interest. I live for communication. If & when you do return, I'll tear your àss up, that's a given. I'd probably wet you up too if I had pepper spray grin That's how much I don't like it. There were cases where I've taken someone back after they've ghosted me, but not without a severe tongue lashing from me before reconciling & every other time I think about it & it makes me mad. I don't know why people do it, but I find it annoying. I don't think I'll ever tolerate it again. You ghost me, I'm blocking you.

I think it's disrespectful to ghost someone when you both have something great going on. If you're no longer interested in that person, you should tell them and not leave them hanging. They probably ghost you in their search for someone greener , but they realise later on, that you're great catch and they messed up so they want to come back into your life again.

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by Richnerd69: 11:57am On Feb 27, 2020
XhosaNostra:

No, their fingers are not depressed or "going through hard times" too. How about giving someone a heads up & letting them know? With so many game players out there, it's hard to sympathize & not think they must be up to something. When people ghost me, I ignore them right back. I don't have time for uncommunicative people & games.

True that

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:58am On Feb 27, 2020
Richnerd69:

I think it's disrespectful to ghost someone when you both have something great going on. If you're no longer interested in that person, you should tell them and not leave them hanging. They probably ghost you in their search for someone greener , but they realise later on, that you're great catch and they messed up so they want to come back into your life again.

My thoughts exactly! Ugh, I hate it!
Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by jessysparkles(f): 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
We can't be like we used to be especially if there was no reason for the disappearance and I tried to reach out. Once you walk out, make sure its a very long walk but if you come back, everything changes. it becomes a hi hi hello conversation.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by ninetiethcrown7(m): 12:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
i Do go ghost on people, even though I know it’s disrespectful, for me sometimes it just can’t be helped.

I’m in a situation now, ghosted on someone, I’ve been trying to come back but my issue is the whole long talk on where I’ve been blah blah blah, which has further prolonged the ghosting. What I’m trying to say is that sometimes people don’t want to disappear but if they can retrace their steps and try and reconnect with you, you should Atleast give them a shot.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2020
XhosaNostra:

.. what if you had an introvert as a partner
Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:34pm On Feb 27, 2020
biGDhAp:
.. what if you had an introvert as a partner

That's not a good enough excuse. Stay out of relationships if you're going to be an inconsiderate & childish prìck.

Btw, I'm sort of an introvert myself but can you tell? No. Because what I lack in my social skills (got loner tendencies), I make up for it in communication. Especially when I've gotten comfortable with someone & I actually like them. Lack of consideration says you don't care. So who should give a fùck about you when you don't even make an effort?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by Russo35(m): 1:03pm On Feb 27, 2020
Humans are built in a different way, what you can take and endure some can't tolerate half of it same way we live our lives.. We all live in our own different world..Depends on the relationship you have with the person, Once you've got love for the said person the two of you should figure things out and move ON with life... My opinion though...

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 27, 2020
XhosaNostra:

That's not a good enough excuse. Stay out of relationships if you're going to be an inconsiderate & childish prìck.

Btw, I'm sort of an introvert myself but can you tell? No. Because what I lack in my social skills (got loner tendencies), I make up for it in communication. Especially when I've gotten comfortable with someone & I actually like them. Lack of consideration says you don't care. So who should give a fùck about you when you don't even make an effort?
.. sighs

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by ValCon888: 2:37pm On Feb 27, 2020
Ghosting is a sign you're dealing with a socialpath or narcissist. If you come across either of those people, run for your life.

It will never end well.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 27, 2020
Absence makes the heart grow fonder

This is known
Re: What Do You Do When Someone You Love Ghosts You And Then Resurfaces? by akaahs(m): 10:06am On Feb 28, 2020
chop and move on is my policy in such situation. i'm currently chopping one who thinks she can walk out and comes back anytime she feels.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pussy Cartel Skyrocketing In Lagos Despite Coronavirus / Want To Shed Weight? Come In Here!!! /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.