Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Worst Police Experiences - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Worst Police Experiences (1214 Views)

Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! / Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. / Ndlea Test: Share Ur Experiences Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Police Experiences by lolo247(m): 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2010
Read this on 234next and decided to share it. Will be nice to know other peoples experiences.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5654642-182/story.csp

Isiaka is mild mannered and soft-spoken man. On his way to work one morning, he was flagged down by a policeman who asked for a ride. Without hesitation, he agreed and they set off. The policeman promptly fell asleep, having apparently been on night duty. At the destination, Isiaka woke him up. The policeman thanked him profusely and walked off.

The next morning, Isiaka’s son was washing the car when he saw a pistol under the front passenger seat and immediately alerted his father. Isiaka came to the conclusion that it must belong to the policeman who rode in the car the previous day, so he proceeded to the nearest police station to report the case.

At the station, Isiaka was arrested and charged with ‘armed robbery and possession of firearms’. The policeman he helped had reported that armed robbers had attacked him and stolen his weapon from him. Despite protests, it took Isiaka weeks and a lot of money to be released from cell and several months to clear his name.

Akin, Jimi and Daniel will never forget what happened to them in their final year at the university. They had attended a friend’s birthday party and decided to leave at about 11 pm. There were no taxis or ‘okadas’ at that late hour so they decided to walk the short distance home. Halfway, they were accosted by a police patrol and arrested for possession of marijuana. Despite protestations, they were taken a police station and pronto, the policemen tendered several wraps of marijuana as exhibits. The policemen had stuffed the drugs into their pockets. It took their families huge sums to bribe the DPO to release the students. Several years after the incident, the bitterness remains.

Alfa is a civil servant. Some years ago, he decided to travel out of town on Independence Day. Along the way, he came across a police checkpoint. The policemen asked for his particulars. Everything was intact except for his driver’s license, which he didn’t have on him. The policemen threatened to arrest and detain him unless he gave them money. Once he did, another policeman emerged from behind a tree and arrested Alfa for ‘bribing a police officer’. He marked the money as ‘exhibit’ and threatened to take him to arrest and charge him to court. Scared and disoriented, Alfa was easy prey. The policemen took virtually every kobo he had before letting him go. Till date, he doesn’t celebrate Independence Day.

Uche is a businessman who travels frequently by road. Not too long ago, the vehicle he was travelling in was involved in an accident. It somersaulted several times and came to rest in a ditch off the road. It took some time for help to arrive in form of policemen who were more interested in going through the pockets and possessions of the dead passengers. To Uche’s shock, any passenger that showed any sign of life was quickly finished off by the police. Though seriously injured, he had the quick thinking to pretend to be dead as the policemen removed his money, wristwatch and other valuable possessions. It was only at the hospital, after the police had departed that he groaned for help. Till date, he has been unable to forget the gruesome and cold blooded murder of the passengers, who survived the accident, only to fall into the hands of the Nigeria police supposedly on a rescue mission.

Musa is an engineer. Some years ago, a group of young men robbed him of his car at gunpoint. A few weeks later, the car was found abandoned and was recovered by the police. Eventually too, the armed robbers were traced and arrested. A few days later, Musa stopped by at the police station to sort out paperwork about recovering his car. Out of curiosity, he asked the policemen about the young armed robbers. ‘We don finish them’ came the casual reply. Musa found out later that the young men had been taken to a bush and asked to run, then shot dead for ‘attempting to escape police custody’.

The names have been changed, but the stories are real. Every day, many Nigerians are subjected to terrifying encounters with the police. Motorists have been shot for refusing to pay N20 bribes; thousands have been arrested and detained for no reason; female detainees have been subjected to rape; many have been robbed outright by the police, or framed for crimes they did not commit,
Re: Worst Police Experiences by Tunmi(f): 5:21am On Dec 19, 2010
woah shocked
I think I will stay over here in Yankee for a little bit more.
Re: Worst Police Experiences by udennaa: 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2010
My experience was in enugu.i dont stay there,just went for some business transaction.the international trade fair was on so i decided with two friends to pop in and see if we could get a company for business.on getting at the gate,there was a fight going on between the bouncers,two of whom i knew, and some other guys and a gal who were members of staff of a company participating in the fair.myself and my friends wanted to play the peacemakers inorder to avoid the fight escalating.we succeeded in calming the guys but the gal claimed her wrist watch had been stolen and must be returned.as this was going,the manager of the company arrived the scene with some policemen.the woman pointed at me as one of the bouncers who assaulted her.we were then taken to the station inside the trade fair complex, and on getting there,one of the policemen looked at me and called me a strange name,claiming that he knew me,that am a trouble-maker and criminal,and that i had been arrested severally by them.
Re: Worst Police Experiences by udennaa: 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2010
I thought it was a case of mistaken identity,so i tried explaining to them my role in the case, and that i dont stay in enugu,neither have i been arrested before,but one of them shouted me down and almost assaulted me.i then knew they didnt want my explanation.i was not only accused,but already found guilty without trial,there and then.to cut the story short,it took the intervention and vehement opposition of my lawyer friend who was there with me to be free.the incident totally changed my view of the nigeria police.
Re: Worst Police Experiences by udennaa: 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2010
They are murderers without conscience.killing,accusations,injustice and bribery are their hobbies.many nigerians who are languishing in prison today are innocent of the crime they were accused of.look at the family of every policeman you know,it is from one crisis to another.they waste innocent blood on daily basis and go free,who will question them.they are the law and we have an insensitive govt who use them against their enemies.
Re: Worst Police Experiences by dominique(f): 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2010
Whoa! Such touching stories sad. I've never had any experience with them (thank God) but i have friends and relatives who have recounted numerous tales of woe about their experiences with these animals. Is there a light to the end of this turnel?
Re: Worst Police Experiences by donkarly(m): 8:33am On Dec 21, 2010
i don't for now see a light at the end of the tunnel.they connive,as well as give protection to these kidnappers who terrorise some parts of our nation.they are under-paid,so they are for anything they can do to get money including indulging in the same crime they are suppose to be fighting.our government is not helping matters;they use them as tools to intimidate or maim their enemies.who'll bell the cat then?
Re: Worst Police Experiences by amurx(m): 8:48am On Dec 21, 2010
sad indeed
Re: Worst Police Experiences by dominique(f): 9:21am On Dec 21, 2010
Teachers are also underpaid and you don't see them commiting such attrocities. These people just have wickedness in their souls, such a pity innocent generations after them will suffer for their misdeeds.
Re: Worst Police Experiences by Vindy: 11:56am On Dec 21, 2010
I'm a policeman, I warn you to mind how you talk, or else
Re: Worst Police Experiences by iphy42: 12:04pm On Dec 21, 2010
@ vindy.Or else what? If you are really a policeman, i pray God to have mercy on your wretched soul.
Re: Worst Police Experiences by udennaa: 4:42pm On Dec 21, 2010
@Vindy,the evil that men do lives with them,not after.policemen are the real criminals,you inclusive, and i say amen to iphy42's prayer for you.
Re: Worst Police Experiences by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 21, 2010
Thanks udena 4 dat.infact i rememba d day i brot d dota of a police man 2 our house,4 long dat wiv bin friends i neva knew ha fada was a police man.anywayz we were jistin n den mumsi came around grited ha n al n den askd wot ha dad does n she said ha dad's a police man,imidiatly my mom shoutd wot! Omo olopa nile mi,minin d dota of a police man in my house b4 i open my eyes diasapear frm dis house.since den widout even bin told i dnt touch ha wit a ten foot pole.if i knew ha dad was a police man wil i av even invitd ha 2 our house 2 d xtent of cukin 4 ha.infact mumy askd me 2 throw away d plate n spoon she used in eatin n said she doesnt want d generatn of a cursed man 2 com n infect us here.we al loathe police men in our house cos wiv al had nasty experiences wit dose animals.my both parents n siblins av had n its 2 long 4 me 2 type here.vindy or woteva name u cal ursef dis is 2 show u d xtent of how a lota nigerians disdain ppu lyk u.even wen it was rainin n 1 policeman was flagin me dwn i was lyk of al ppu?
Re: Worst Police Experiences by k4kenny(f): 9:48am On Dec 22, 2010
Vindy:

I'm a policeman, I warn you to mind how you talk, or else

or else you'll e-arrest them abi. you have to admit that the NPF is one of the most inept, crude and unprofessional in the world. oya come and arrest me tongue
Re: Worst Police Experiences by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 12, 2011
k4kenny i can talk to u any how n woteva way because u r a police man in naija .u r a bloody thief n rogue in black uniform,an animal n a desicable creature.ur generation r cursed ppu.dat goes 4 all d olice men in nairaland and in nigeria.modafucker angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Worst Police Experiences by samolina1(m): 4:44pm On Jan 13, 2011
This is my story. One day in my street, we were helping the PHCN to erect our fallen electricity pole. One of these poles happened to be in front of my house, hence, the wire that connect my house is on it. So, when new poles were re-erected i have to stretch the wire to the PHCN worker on the pole, just as i was doing this, there came police officer, they arrested me there in front of the PHCN workers that are showing them their I D card. I was taken to their station, just as we got to the station they started beating me, i protested but to no effect. They wrote "illegal connection" as my offense, i tried to ask them why written illegal connetion, the beating just got new fuel this time. I was bailed with with my hard-earned N3,000.
Re: Worst Police Experiences by samolina1(m): 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2011
Who just mentioned underpaid? Hush! These animals are tool of devil.
Re: Worst Police Experiences by dominique(f): 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2011
@kulyie
your comments are directs to the wrong person.
Re: Worst Police Experiences by nnemak(m): 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You never see, you never know angry angry

[size=24pt]OLOKPA!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Worst Police Experiences by nicefella: 11:37pm On Aug 12, 2011
@vindy if I could get hold of u physically,I would smash ur jaw to pieces.u bloody son of a whoring bitch had the effrontry to warn people here.corruption has become intractable in naija because of the existence the rotten institution called police.I desire with vehemence the day I"ll get any of u fucking lots in my trap.just mind u,I see a future where Nigerians will wake up to reality of the misnormer 'police is ur friend'.u can imagine what will happen to u for all the wasted innocent lives,maimed and sent to early graves in ur quest for filthy lucre-deaths in ur thousands,with corpses left to serve the vultures sumptuous meals.cursed people!!I hate u

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Ladies Go Crazy For Buttock-enhancing Drugs (photos) / Tribute To Dana Crash Victims! A Very Touching Video!! / The Most Important Questions In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.