Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,466 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget (5440 Views)

The 6 Most Powerful Armies Of All Time / States And Their Year Of Creation. Compare Your State To Its Peers / 35 strongest armies in Africa (2020) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by Oowel(m): 1:08am On Feb 28, 2020
In Africa our leaders policies and actions are always not as futuristic as their counterparts, making our developments to grovel or wriggle in all aspect of our existence...
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by lagdmark(m): 1:31am On Feb 28, 2020
Nigerians will also jump to criticise their leaders as if the leaders are foreigners. The same citizens will always support the same corrupt leaders based on same religion, ethnic groups or interest. The citizens make up the leaders of tomorrow.
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by chloedogie(m): 2:30am On Feb 28, 2020
lagdmark:
Nigerians will also jump to criticise their leaders as if the leaders are foreigners. The same citizens will always support the same corrupt leaders based on same religion, ethnic groups or interest. The citizens make up the leaders of tomorrow.

Oga truth is if we invested so much into our military as the self acclaimed giant of Africa, we wouldn't be finding it difficult to nail down boko haram these days. The same mentality of yours is what our precious leaders had and led us into this shit. Speak with friends in the military then you will know boko haram is just like your next door neighbour nigeria will live with for now until something drastic is done for our military. All these security votes those bastards are collecting and nothing happening in their states called peace
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by tricksters: 2:30am On Feb 28, 2020
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by chloedogie(m): 2:52am On Feb 28, 2020
tricksters:
Foolish n cursed Igbo making senseless comment irrelevant to the thread as alway.

Most of you lack courtesy of conversation on social media reason for anti social media bill. How could you think because I compared two forces made me igbo? Omo Ilu wo ni o kin ran e nise lo sile baba e? Ma fun e ni esi oro re nitori omo lo sile lo gbesi oro wa ni e. Ode didirin afokun mo eko mu.
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by Blackeurop: 4:28am On Feb 28, 2020
chloedogie:
Battlefields are constantly evolving, leading countries around the world to pump hundreds of billions of dollars each year into their armed forces in a race to develop the most advanced training, technology and weaponry.

As of 2020, Global Firepower, a website that tracks military strength, says the following five armies are the most powerful, based on a rank given to them after looking at how they compare in categories “ranging from military might and financials to logistical capability and geography”:

5) Japan

With an estimated active military personnel of 247,160, this Asian country only has a fraction of the headcount that volatile neighbor North Korea has, but makes up for it with its updated weaponry.

Japan has 152 special mission aircraft – more than any country in the world other than the U.S., according to Global Firepower’s statistics – and a formidable Navy fleet that contains 40 destroyers.

Continue Reading Below

It also has 3,130 armored vehicles, 1,004 tanks and 119 attack helicopters.

Japan is estimated to spend $49 billion on its military in 2020.

Japan's armed forces have to contend with a volatile neighbor in North Korea.
Japan's armed forces have to contend with a volatile neighbor in North Korea. (iStock)

4) India

India, which has been engaged in a prolonged territorial conflict with nearby Pakistan over the Kashmir region, has an estimated 1,444,000 people actively serving in its armed forces.

Global Firepower says the developing nation is amongst the world’s leaders in the number of tanks (4,292), towed artillery (4,060) and fighter aircraft (538).

India is estimated to spend $61 billion on its military this year.

India has an estimated 1,444,000 people actively serving in its armed forces.
India has an estimated 1,444,000 people actively serving in its armed forces. (iStock)

3) China

China, the most powerful country in Asia and a growing adversary to the U.S., ranks third on this list.

The communist superpower has an estimated active personnel of 2,183,000 – the largest in the world.

China has been building out its Navy in recent years while engaging in territorial disputes across the South China Sea. Today, they have 74 submarines, 52 frigates and 36 destroyers, Global Firepower says.

On land, China has 33,000 armored vehicles and 3,500 tanks. Their Air Force has amassed 1,232 fighter aircraft and 281 attack helicopters.

China is estimated to spend $237 billion on its armed forces in 2020.

China, which has the largest active duty army in the world, is becoming a growing adversary to the U.S.
China, which has the largest active duty army in the world, is becoming a growing adversary to the U.S. (iStock)

2) Russia

Russia, whose military has become involved in Syria and Ukraine in recent years, has the most tanks of any country in the world: 12,950, more than double what the U.S. has, according to Global Firepower’s statistics.

Its estimated 1,013,628 active personnel, on land, are in charge of commanding 27,038 armored vehicles, 6,083 units of self-propelled artillery and 3,860 rocket projectors.

In the skies, Russia’s air force has 873 fighter aircraft and 531 attack helicopters. In water, they have 62 submarines and 48 mine warfare ships.

Russia is estimated to spend $48 billion on its military this year.

Russian soldiers stand near a convoy of rocket launchers in military parade rehearsal on Red Square, Moscow, in 2008.
Russian soldiers stand near a convoy of rocket launchers in military parade rehearsal on Red Square, Moscow, in 2008. (iStock)

1) United States

In what shouldn’t be a surprise, the U.S. “retains its top spot as the undisputed military power in the world,” Global Firepower says.

America has more air units than any other country on Earth, with 2,085 fighters, 967 attack helicopters, 945 transports and 742 special mission aircraft.

The U.S. also leads the world with 39,253 armored vehicles, 91 Navy destroyers, and 20 aircraft carriers. It has an estimated 1,400,000 active personnel.

Washington has allocated $750 billion to the U.S. military budget in 2020.

The U.S., Global Firepower says, is the "undisputed" top military power in the world.

Picture 1: The U.S., Global Firepower says, is the "undisputed" top military power in the world

Picture 2: Russian soldiers stand near a convoy of rocket launchers in military parade rehearsal on Red Square, Moscow, in 2008

Picture 3: China, which has the largest active duty army in the world, is becoming a growing adversary to the U.S

Picture 4: India has an estimated 1,444,000 people actively serving in its armed forces.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/world/5-most-powerful-armies-in-the-world.amp

The list is incomplete, how many submarines U.S. have? They have the largest in the world, all this incomplete writeups. I
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by Sammy07: 6:25am On Feb 28, 2020
tsdarkside:

what....??

you dont have to lie to show your hate....

nigeria may not have much,but nigeria is not that weak either....
and now that we are learnin to build stuffs ourselfs,things will change....

Hear yourself talk
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by chloedogie(m): 7:13am On Feb 28, 2020
Sammy07:

Hear yourself talk

Learning to build stuffs in year 2020? Some of these internet warriors should be laid on the ground and given 12 strokes of koboko.
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by seanwilliam(m): 7:51am On Feb 28, 2020
No country in the whole world can defeat usa.. some people for the other thread just dey argue blindly.. even their defense budget is richer than the whole population in naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by chloedogie(m): 8:00am On Feb 28, 2020
seanwilliam:
No country in the whole world can defeat usa.. some people for the other thread just dey argue blindly.. even their defense budget is richer than the whole population in naija

Truth is USA will one day be defeated and relinquish that office of the most powerful to another country one day. How soon? I don't know. If a group of countries fight USA with her allies and defeat them, which is possible, then the strongest military among them takes over. Part of what makes USA the strongest is the number of bases they have outside the shores of USA and that is why they spend so much on their military. Report shows they have nearly 800 military bases in more than 70 countries. Superb!!!!! But the amount being spent on this will one day not be sustainable anymore.

If my mathematics is still intact abeg is that not like 275 trillion naira? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. We are still joking in Africa.
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by imam07: 8:20am On Feb 28, 2020
chloedogie:

Iran's strength has always lie with their undisclosed bio and nuclear power and ability to use human shield tactics when it comes to defending their territories. On land Iran is not a country to be written off but air and water strength which dictates who wins wars in this present century is their own weakness. So I join you in pitying them but a bit. Those guys have strong head.
Modern day war can be won with guns and missiles but biological warfare. Eg Coronavirus. Laboratory manufactured disease. Fear the west.
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by chloedogie(m): 8:31am On Feb 28, 2020
imam07:
Modern day war can be won with guns and missiles but biological warfare. Eg Coronavirus. Laboratory manufactured disease. Fear the west.

I don't get you. Because both things you mentioned, Iran has it. But they are not westerners.
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by Coldie(m): 8:37am On Feb 28, 2020
Even with the small budget our army receives they still find a way to steal half
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by tsdarkside(m): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2020
chloedogie:

Learning to build stuffs in year 2020? Some of these internet warriors should be laid on the ground and given 12 strokes of koboko.

come and try it.... angry angry
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by tsdarkside(m): 8:41am On Feb 28, 2020
imam07:

fear what....??

they are nothing....!!
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by Timoleon(m): 9:11am On Feb 28, 2020
BETwhy?
Sammy07:
158th Nigeria
In what shouldn’t be a surprise, the Nigeria “retains its last spot as the undisputed military loser in the world,” Global Firepower says.

Nigeria has none air units on Earth, with 0 fighters, 0 attack helicopters, 0 transport and 0 special mission aircraft.

The Nigeria also ranks last in the world with 8 armored vehicles, 9 Navy destroyers, and 2 aircraft carriers. It has an estimated 20,000 active personnel.

Abuja has allocated #10 millionaire to the Nigeria military budget in 2020.

Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by seanwilliam(m): 10:06am On Feb 28, 2020
chloedogie:

Truth is USA will one day be defeated and relinquish that office of the most powerful to another country one day. How soon? I don't know. If a group of countries fight USA with her allies and defeat them, which is possible, then the strongest military among them takes over. Part of what makes USA the strongest is the number of bases they have outside the shores of USA and that is why they spend so much on their military. Report shows they have nearly 800 military bases in more than 70 countries. Superb!!!!! But the amount being spent on this will one day not be sustainable anymore.

If my mathematics is still intact abeg is that not like 275 trillion naira? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. We are still joking in Africa.
bro, usa is the Rome of this era.. except God himself decides to bring it down, no coalition or propaganda can bring usa down.. brother, strength in military is determined by defense budget...

1. Largest and strongest economy -- usa
2. Richest film industry--usa
3. Strongest military-- usa
4. Most developed city-- New York
5. Best in entertainment
6.Origin of technology
7. All time most technologically advance
8. Best in education
9. Best in research
10. Top 3 in anything good u can think of......

America is the greatest of the greatest.. this is not asslicking, AMERICA IS 40 YEARS AHEAD WHERE THE WORLD THINK THEY ARE

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by chloedogie(m): 11:08am On Feb 28, 2020
seanwilliam:
bro, usa is the Rome of this era.. except God himself decides to bring it down, no coalition or propaganda can bring usa down.. brother, strength in military is determined by defense budget...

1. Largest and strongest economy -- usa
2. Richest film industry--usa
3. Strongest military-- usa
4. Most developed city-- New York
5. Best in entertainment
6. Original of technology
7. All time most technology advance
8. Best in education
9. Best in research
10. Top 3 in anything good u can think of......

America is the greatest of the greatest.. this is not asslicking, AMERICA IS 40 YEARS AHEAD WHERE THE WORLD THINK THEY ARE

How long did it take Rome to rule the world my brother? And showing has America hijacked the world power now? One thing I wrote and you overlooked is that one day America will now to another country. How soon or how far I dont know. Rome didnt rule forever it took the easiest but smartest way to defeat her. Bless
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by seanwilliam(m): 11:51am On Feb 28, 2020
chloedogie:

How long did it take Rome to rule the world my brother? And showing has America hijacked the world power now? One thing I wrote and you overlooked is that one day America will now to another country. How soon or how far I dont know. Rome didnt rule forever it took the easiest but smartest way to defeat her. Bless
bro, u didnt see where I said" EXCEPT GOD".......

Anyway, even though Americs crushes, it would still be among the strongest
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by BlackfireX: 1:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
On the last position.

Nigeria:

This cowtiri is lead by one certificate less man called buhari, the soldiers are well fear internationally viz a viz how they beat and kill unarmed protesters, but are powerless before rag tag gunmen. The physical appearance of the high rank are pot belly , obesity, houses in Dubai.

More updates coming soon.
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by chloedogie(m): 1:17pm On Feb 28, 2020
seanwilliam:
bro, u didnt see where I said" EXCEPT GOD".......

Anyway, even though Americs crushes, it would still be among the strongest

You have gone too far now. It doesn't take God to defeat America. IT takes the foolishness of someone in that country who is a shot taker for another country to defeat them. Part of what history told us that led to the fall of Rome was ''over-expansion''. God too far for America faa.
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by Ryocaj(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
chloedogie:

Iran's strength has always lie with their undisclosed bio and nuclear power and ability to use human shield tactics when it comes to defending their territories. On land Iran is not a country to be written off but air and water strength which dictates who wins wars in this present century is their own weakness. So I join you in pitying them but a bit. Those guys have strong head.
Iran's military tech is superior 2 all countries on d list.. US started using military drones in 2000.. Israel n Iran av been using it since 1980.. Iran develops military technology for Russia.. It was evident in d fact that US were left stunned by Aw precise d Iranian ballistic missiles r Wen it hit Iraqi-US military base.. They never knew Iran had such military tech.. Iran is very strong military wise n they even hide their military capability.. reasons best know 2 dem.. Iran's proxy fighters called Hezbollah fought Israel 2 a draw n took back Lebanon from Israel.. now imagine Wat Iran could do 2 Israel without US fighting Iran.. I won't b surprised if Iran av hidden nuclear weapons that r not disclosed coz of d UN..
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by imam07: 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2020
tsdarkside:

fear what....??

they are nothing....!!
That is d same thing u have been saying before they almost finished themselves last year.
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by MickzyDonald: 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
Abeg i never see Nigeria for this list
undecided

Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by Papadoh(m): 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2020
johnmartus:
Why spend money on military. We are not going to war and we are not fighting war.
So you don't mind the fact that if war ever breaks out, we'd be sitting ducks? smh
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by Papadoh(m): 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2020
chloedogie:

Most of you lack courtesy of conversation on social media reason for anti social media bill. How could you think because I compared two forces made me igbo? Omo Ilu wo ni o kin ran e nise lo sile baba e? Ma fun e ni esi oro re nitori omo lo sile lo gbesi oro wa ni e. Ode didirin afokun mo eko mu.

Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
Sammy07:

You're right tho, Iranians get strong head.
Their weakness is in the air..
Buh it's not easy to defeat them in on the land (esp in their own land)

Doubt if any major war will be fight on land
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 04, 2020
Bethel4Life:
ok
notin an empty brain can contribute to d post apart from ok..dead brain
ur mumu 4 nairaland no be today e start. mumu pikin. i go slap sense into ur empty brain. irritant. number 2 Nairaland mumu
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2020
Blackeurop:

The list is incomplete, how many submarines U.S. have? They have the largest in the world, all this incomplete writeups. I

oga check your pm please. i message you.
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by SEGLIZ: 2:58am On Apr 13, 2020
chloedogie:

How did we even get there self? I heard on TVC journalist hangout that president Babangida said during his regime that we dont need to put one naira into our airforce unit as we were at peace with our neighbours and they were literally callibalising our fighter jets and reduced airforce soldiers drastically. They very terrible state nigeria is in now was a gradual mismanagement of power by all our previous head of states and presidents plus baba bubu and Kyari now. God help us.

that name you mentioned was the beginning of our ruins and the ceiling of it.
the rest are only building on it, Babangida truly put this country into pieces. bubu and kyari are still more of a learned but truth is what good are they.
a true leader that mean don't and won't administer with evils on its flagship.
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by Biodun556(m): 5:22am On Apr 13, 2020
chloedogie:

Above all if you don't have money and strong alliance it will be difficult to win a war. US avoided escalation with Iran because of the economic impact plus strong allies that can supply endless military equipment and militia groups capable of launching terrorists attack anywhere.
Re: 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget by chloedogie(m): 5:33am On Apr 13, 2020
Biodun556:

Above all if you don't have money and strong alliance it will be difficult to win a war. US avoided escalation with Iran because of the economic impact plus strong allies that can supply endless military equipment and militia groups capable of launching terrorists attack anywhere.

When I smell intelligence I embrace it. And writing with sense comes out of not just reacting within seconds but sitting down, reading thoroughly and doing some research and bit of history. But kids here, they just flex muscle in internet combats. Have a good day friend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I See Two Coordinated Attacks In The North Especially In Abuja ~pictures / Jonathan, Osinbajo, Sultan Named Peace Icons In Africa / Nigeria Police Execute The Arrested ESN Commander Cut Off His Manhood- Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.