Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Funny Hausa Culture - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Funny Hausa Culture (759 Views)

Is Dangote From Hausa Or Fulani / Hausa Man Refused To Sell Beans To A Woman After She Tried To Cheat Him / My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Hausa Culture by happy200(m): 12:27am On Feb 28, 2020
I was opportuned to stay close to Hausa petty traders. While I was around them I observed a ridiculous habit that's laughable.

These group of Hausa petty traders sells at nite and they have some women who brings food for sale at night while they are doing their business.
The funny thing is this women are going to share whatsoever quantity of food left among the traders everyday before they go back home, no matter the quantity remaining it must be shared but not compulsory.

I observed that this can't happen else where because the traders would be waiting for these women's closing time to get free food instead of buying food, but the Hausa traders still buy food from them everyday despite the fact that free food awaits them at the end of the day.
To me this is strange and is still going on.

1 Like

Re: Funny Hausa Culture by delishpot: 12:30am On Feb 28, 2020
How is that ridiculous and laughable? World people šef.
Re: Funny Hausa Culture by happy200(m): 12:33am On Feb 28, 2020
delishpot:
How is that ridiculous and laughable? World people šef.
people can capitalize on that for survival if you dont know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Hausa Culture by delishpot: 12:35am On Feb 28, 2020
happy200:
people can capitalize on that for survival if you dont know

Then it's shame on them. They are the ones who are ridiculous and laughable. I like the culture. At least the poor who can't afford to buy still have hope of eating later in the day. Anyone who abuses it is the low one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Hausa Culture by budaatum: 12:41am On Feb 28, 2020
delishpot:

Then it's shame on them. They are the ones who are ridiculous and laughable. I like the culture. At least the poor who can't afford to buy still have hope of eating later in the day. Anyone who abuses it is the low one.
But as op said, the Hausa traders don't exploit it and "still buy food from them everyday despite the fact that free food awaits them at the end of the day", which is very commendable of them.

1 Like

Re: Funny Hausa Culture by happy200(m): 1:08am On Feb 28, 2020
budaatum:

But as op said, the Hausa traders don't exploit it and "still buy food from them everyday despite the fact that free food awaits them at the end of the day", which is very commendable of them.
that's exactly what I meant. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Hausa Culture by delishpot: 1:09am On Feb 28, 2020
budaatum:

And that is why I said it is not to be considered ridiculous and laughable. It is a very good thing. Or did I contradict your opinion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Hausa Culture by budaatum: 1:11am On Feb 28, 2020
delishpot:

And that is why I said it is not to be considered ridiculous and laughable. It is a very good thing. Or did I contradict your opinion?
No. You did not. I meant to quote the person you too quoted, as explanation, and not contradiction.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Broilers Buyers In Lokoja And Abuja / Dollarstream Passive Income Lastest Update / Write Like A Pro : A Step By Step Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.