Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case (61176 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 / Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by mumento007: 7:47am On Feb 28, 2020
Antoeni:
I Take God Beg Nigeria Government,
The Victim Should Be Kill Immediately.
No Time For Research Please

If it's your dad or any family member, hope you'll maintain this same energy of him to be killed

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Yujin(m): 7:47am On Feb 28, 2020
Some where in Lagos.... (((Kpohor, kpohor, kpohor))).
The wise sees danger ahead and takes heed while the fool plunges head on with the belief of invincibility.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 28, 2020
geunik:
And I was at yaba on Wednesday �
... go for check up bruh.. your life is at stake ..
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by onyxo76(m): 7:47am On Feb 28, 2020
Comedian2019:
I don japa from Naija 2mao
so where you wan run to? its everywhere now...

The countries currently affected by coronavirus;

China
S. Korea
Diamond Princess
Italy
Iran
Japan
Singapore
Hong Kong
USA
Kuwait
Thailand
Bahrain
Taiwan
Germany
Australia
Malaysia
France
Vietnam
Spain
U.K.
U.A.E.
Canada
Macao
Iraq
Switzerland
Oman
Philippines
Austria
Croatia
Greece
India
Israel
Finland
Lebanon
Pakistan
Russia
Sweden
Afghanistan
Algeria
Belgium
Brazil
Cambodia
Denmark
Egypt
Estonia
Georgia
North Macedonia
Nepal
Norway
Romania
Sri Lanka
Nigeria
Netherlands
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Virtutis: 7:47am On Feb 28, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

It is not 2%. The old (February 2nd) 2% statistic was based on number of deaths to total number of infections known at that time; including the still active cases. We do not know how those active cases are going to be resolved so they should not be factored in; using the same method now, it is closer to 3.4% (2858 deaths out of 83381 total infections). A more accurate statistic would be the number of deaths as a percentage of number of terminated cases; either by death or by recovery and should not consider still active cases. If we do it that way, we will be closer to 7 or 8%.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Oh yeah, thanks for pointing that out. And it may continue to increase with the less developed countries that are getting affected now.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Satan66(m): 7:50am On Feb 28, 2020
nero2face:
God will see us through, just as HE did during the time of Ebola.
...just that this APC government naa scam, Lai Mohammed and Oshiomole and Buhari fit use am dey play politics, na then u go hear "na ONLY 73 die so far, during PDP era na 74 die"...
Was it your useless god that saw us through abi it was the life of Dr Stella whom saved us when she stopped Patrick soyer from espacing the hospital and further spreading the disease?
Where was your useless god when these useless pastors further increased the spread of ebola by touching them?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/pidgin/amp/tori-48986759
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by watchindelta(m): 7:53am On Feb 28, 2020
Nigeria is the must useless country in the World. Am staying in Italy, we can't travel to other country from now because they ban us, because of this cononaverus and does yeye bastard allow someone to enter Nigeria who is coming from Milano.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by ashawopikin(m): 7:54am On Feb 28, 2020
Ladycewhy:
did they even do screening? Na white man o ,first class citizen from a first world country.
na wa o, VIP the same thing wet happen for ebola
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Sultan5(m): 7:55am On Feb 28, 2020
queencalipso:
What is the name of this "Italian" that brought in the virus? When the case of Ebola virus was confirmed in Nigeria, we were told the name of the man( Patrick sawyer). It's weird that this covid-19 importer does not have a name undecided or is it audio confirmation bcz this regime is capable of anything.

Thats not even the matter now. This guy came on a plane, passed through a busy airport and has been here for 2 days before he was diagnosed. Oh the number of people he has infected. God help us. And these people unknowingly will start infecting their families, neighbours, colleagues at work or school and so many others even before they begin to show symptoms. We are in deep shit now.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 28, 2020
Everything is connected
Everything has purpose
Everything works together

We've benefited from foreigners coming in
We've benefited from their civilization
We've benefited from their knowledge

If covid19 were to be a new tech, Nigeria by now would have been clamouring for adoption. We've forgotten that ours is a world of duality; to every mountain there must be an adjoining valley.

Condemning COVID19 or its source is like condemning all we've benefitted from China; it will only make it stay longer and stronger. I know this will not make sense to many, but that's how human world rolls; that's the law of duality.

Being negative in negative situations is the same as being positive in positive situations. The pain only comes when the host resists. Accepting an unpleasant situation isn't hopelessness or weakness; it is the secret of strength and glory.

Remember, shedding this bag of skin isn't death but the illusion created by clinging to it. Don't let the fear of what is not lead you into deeper oblivion; it is not what you think.

Fear weakens immunity, and don't be surprised if Nigerians are immune to this virus. However, what will be will be.

Love for all.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 28, 2020
tohyorsih2:

No worry ebora no dey die grin
.. eyin .. afi igba te gbe kini yin woh naija

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Uncleodi(m): 8:02am On Feb 28, 2020
The new NCP coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days then how can one know if he/ she is infected ?
Latest information is that the incubation period may be upto 28 days before the symptoms of COVID 19 are evident.

By the time a person has fever and/or cough and goes to the hospital, the lungs are usually 50 % Fibrosis and it's too late !

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning ;

Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds.
If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stuffiness or tightness , etc , it proves there is no fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicating no infection.

In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air!

SERIOUS EXCELLENT ADVICE by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases. Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat is moist, never DRY.
Take a few sips of water every 15 mins at least.
WHY ?
Even if the virus does enter into your mouth...drinking water or other liquids will WASH them down through your oesophagus and into the stomach.
Once there , your stomach ACID’s will kill all the virus.
If you don't drink enough water more regularly...the virus can enter your windpipes and into the LUNGS.
That's very dangerous.

Pls send and share with family, friends and everyone about this !

Take care everyone & may the world recovers from corona virus soon.

May all be well & happy.

-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by sureinfo: 8:02am On Feb 28, 2020
omo see wahala
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Babinski: 8:05am On Feb 28, 2020
thunder74:
Wahala dey. In this careless government? May the Lord protect us all.

They should have got the passenger manifest for the flight the guy came through and quarantined everyone. That is the most cautious way to handle the issue. Who know how many people the guy came in contact with on the flight and at the airport? Corona is airborne!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by PHijo(m): 8:06am On Feb 28, 2020
mansakhalifa:
I remain calm...

We've been here before. Only this time, Sawyer happens to be an Italian.

But how come nobody thought about how quickly the virus had been spreading around Italy?

I've been watching it all along myself but I guess the "authorities" were too fixated on China to be worried about other countries like Italy and Iran. Now, it's hit us from the direction we were not quite looking in.

Now, it's time to roll out the ebola virus playbook and deploy all the strategies contained in that very book. And the script must be followed to the letter

Is it Buhari's government you expect to do that?
Just pray it doesn't spread! This is the worst government in Nigeria's history.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by phoexix: 8:08am On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Respect55(m): 8:09am On Feb 28, 2020
castrokins:
How Did He Get Through The Airport?
U don see am na. Why wasn't he tested at the point of entry?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by macklef(m): 8:10am On Feb 28, 2020
geunik:
And I was at yaba on Wednesday �
Oh shit. If u had known u woulda just met the man to take selfies.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by macklef(m): 8:12am On Feb 28, 2020
Respect55:

U don see am na. Why wasn't he tested at the point of entry?
He was still under quarantine thats how dey got d result. Do u think they later went to his house to test him?

Btw they are just using this to syphon money, its all staged.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Dizzyrascal(m): 8:13am On Feb 28, 2020
Antoeni:
I Take God Beg Nigeria Government,
The Victim Should Be Kill Immediately.
No Time For Research Please
Chineke!! Guy you no get joy

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 28, 2020
No cause cause for alarm.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Respect55(m): 8:16am On Feb 28, 2020
macklef:

He was still under quarantine thats how dey got d result. Do u think they later went to his house to test him?

There are things that shouldn't be player with. I guess it is staged like u said. U can see the official statement there.
Was the man taken from the airport to the hospital straight?
What of those that were on board with him that have moved into the society?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Dizzyrascal(m): 8:17am On Feb 28, 2020
CHOPUP411:
Where will I run to now
I wonder oooo. See list of countries already infected or affected with the virus....God help us all
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by blackbriar: 8:18am On Feb 28, 2020
onyxo76:
that airborne route is actually the scary part. abi person no go breath again

the virus is not airborne, it spreads like the flu, by coming in contact with infected person or what he/she has handled
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by macklef(m): 8:20am On Feb 28, 2020
Satan66:

Was it your useless god that saw us through abi it was the life of Dr Stella whom saved us when she stopped Patrick soyer from espacing the hospital and further spreading the disease?
Where was your useless god when these useless pastors further increased the spread of ebola by touching them?
u dont believe in God then who do you believe in Satan?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by blackbriar: 8:21am On Feb 28, 2020
macklef:

i think te only symptom the look out for at POEs are hig tempeartures and fever, wich could be any disease.
it is oly the coronavirus test kit that confirms you have the virus
sadly the virus has a 2weeks incubation period, meaning no symptoims would show for this peripod which is while ytou are quarantined and tested after 2 weeks because the test kit ia expensive.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Emelcee: 8:22am On Feb 28, 2020
CORONAVIRUS NIGERIA!!

WHAT ABOUT ALL THE PASSENGERS ON THE FLIGHT WITH THE ITALIAN? HAVE THEY BEEN CHECKED? WAS HE NOT IDENTIFIED IN ITALY AS A CARRIER OF THE VIRUS BEFORE TRAVELLING? ARE THEY NO MONITORING UNITS AT THE NIGERIAN AIRPORTS? NIGERIA SHOULD NOT JOKE WITH THIS VIRUS OR POLITICIZE IT IN ANYWAY. SEND THAT ITALIAN BACK HOME, NO SENTIMENTS.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Donaldoni: 8:23am On Feb 28, 2020
Shouldn't just shut all our borders to foreigners at this time
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Jaqenhghar: 8:26am On Feb 28, 2020
I doubt if this is true. Wont be surprised if its a ploy to get funds from the foreign countries and get in the news.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by nero2face: 8:27am On Feb 28, 2020
Satan66:

Satan66 get behind me...that ur an agent of darkness doesn't make me am agent of darkness too...go worship ur devil while I worship a living God...

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by macklef(m): 8:27am On Feb 28, 2020
blackbriar:

i think te only symptom the look out for at POEs are hig tempeartures and fever, wich could be any disease.
it is oly the coronavirus test kit that confirms you have the virus
sadly the virus has a 2weeks incubation period, meaning no symptoims would show for this peripod which is while ytou are quarantined and tested after 2 weeks because the test kit ia expensive.
He tested positive in 2 days of entry not two weeks. No one knows how long anyone may have been infected so dey will be under quarantine for some time.
I think they may get blood samples n monitor over a period till the blood tests positive then they go after d person. Just thinking too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Africa Recorded 17 Deaths In 24 Hours – WHO / Doctor Val Who Treated Injured #endsars Protesters Dies Of Coronavirus Disease / Living With Aquagenic Priuritus (After-Bath Body Itch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.