Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case (61191 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 / Nigeria Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Commentor: 6:36am On Feb 28, 2020
Viking07:
Sane countries have since banned all incoming flights from infected countries. But Nigeria will always be a jungle.

You people just hate yourselves.

When did Italy declare its first class of Coronavirus?

When did this individual come into the country?

How was he detected?

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 6:36am On Feb 28, 2020
mansakhalifa:
I remain calm...

We've been here before. Only this time, Sawyer happens to be an Italian.

But how come nobody thought about how quickly the virus had been spreading around Italy?

I've been watching it all along myself but I guess the "authorities" were too fixated on China to be worried about other countries like Italy and Iran. Now, it's hit us from the direction we were not quite looking in.

Now, it's time to roll out the ebola virus playbook and deploy all the strategies contained in that very book. And the script must be followed to the letter.

Except that there might be no Dr Stella Ameyo Adadevoh to save the day this time around.

Nigeria didn't beat Ebola because of its preparedness.

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by mvem(m): 6:36am On Feb 28, 2020
Comedian2019:
I don japa from Naija 2mao
which country wey no get am ...almost all western countries have a case now...it is almost becoming a pandemic
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by donoro(m): 6:37am On Feb 28, 2020
God help us the devil that brought it here should be killed immediately of all the 36 states in nigeria why Lagos na cry cry cry cry
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by mvem(m): 6:38am On Feb 28, 2020
Viking07:
Sane countries have since banned all incoming flights from infected countries. But Nigeria will always be a jungle.
you wan ban flight to all countries....US has it...UK, France, Germany, Spain, south Korea, Japan, Italy etc...you wan ban all countries...it is becoming a pandemic, all most all countries have it

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by mvem(m): 6:39am On Feb 28, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Nigeria should ban any flight coming in from those affected countries naaaaaa
all most all countries now have it...which country you wan ban...US have cases of it...same as UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy etc etc
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 28, 2020
For those who need to hear this, don't go and soak salt in water and drink it or bath with it.

It doesn't cure Corona. It will only kill you faster.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by klever18(m): 6:42am On Feb 28, 2020
wtf? see what corruption have caused us
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by skukimania(f): 6:43am On Feb 28, 2020
Antoeni:
I Take God Beg Nigeria Government,
The Victim Should Be Kill Immediately.
No Time For Research Please

cheesy
Fellow Nigerian!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Jbleenk: 6:45am On Feb 28, 2020
Yeeee e don happen. Everybody on that flight with the Italian should be rounded up and do the needful
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Stormywolf: 6:45am On Feb 28, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
For those who need to hear this, don't go and soak salt in water and drink it or bath with it.

It doesn't cure Corona. It will only kill you faster.

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Stormywolf: 6:45am On Feb 28, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Except that there might be no Dr Stella Ameyo Adadevoh to save the day this time around.

Nigeria didn't beat Ebola because of its preparedness.
[/s]
[s]
Commentor:

You people just hate yourselves.

When did Italy declare its first class of Coronavirus?

When did this individual come into the country?

How was he detected?

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Bakrabas: 6:49am On Feb 28, 2020
If truly the man got here on 25th, then those he boarded flight with are in serious problem. They must look for em' since the virus is airborne

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by NaijaDonCast(m): 6:50am On Feb 28, 2020
Antoeni:
I Take God Beg Nigeria Government, The Victim Should Be Kill Immediately. No Time For Research Please
u sef u no geh joy o

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 28, 2020
He done burst oh
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 28, 2020
mvem:
you wan ban flight to all countries....US has it...UK, France, Germany, Spain, south Korea, Japan, Italy etc...you wan ban all countries...it is becoming a pandemic, all most all countries have it
That's why I said 'sane countries'. During the Ebola epidemic the entire west Africa was under quarantine.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Dumte(m): 6:53am On Feb 28, 2020
With the level of corruption we are facing in this country people are still looking for all possible means to steal money. Hmmm

This case of Corona virus in Nigeria is a confirm lie cooked and fabricated from hell by this cruel politicians in other to get the money they had been looking for.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Shattuck(m): 6:54am On Feb 28, 2020
not on this buhari's senseless corrupt regime,the efcc boss should be sent to fight the virus no be corruption dey cause virus again him and buhari should be infected with the virus to test their anti corruption skills

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by blackbriar: 6:54am On Feb 28, 2020
MurphyG1:

The problem is, that mask has little or no protection. It does not seal the face completely. Air can go in and out from the sides.
This is a scary news! cry

mask does not prevent you form getting the virus. the virus has not been confirmed to be airborne, the virus spreads like the flu, which is coming in contact with an infected person.

The virus only helps to stop spreading of the virus by coughs or sneezes from an infected person....wash and disinfect your hands regularly, booost your immune system with vit c.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 28, 2020
cassyrooy:
I need to flee my location asap, it proximity to Lagos is too close.

Hahaha. You gave me a good laugh this morning. Fear fear
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by knowhowk: 6:57am On Feb 28, 2020
N2B2:
Forget the jokes and all. This is the kind of news that makes one's heart sink.

Convid-19 spreads via air, even without physical contact. God helps us.
. infact this is serious ,The Air thing makes it more Terrible
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 28, 2020
Virtutis:
Actually, the mortality rate i.e the percentage of people who die from a particular disease, from Coronavirus is low (far lower than that of Ebola) about 2% except in some places like Iran which is about 10%. So, majority of people infected tend to survive except those that were previously ill, HIV patients, children, elderly people and those with chronic diseases.

However, the rate and route of spread are what makes it worrisome. It's can spread superfast through the air thus making its containment difficult. An infected person could have infected others before they themselves start showing symptoms.

The mass hysteria that will follow this Nigeria's case will be terrific with every Dick and Harry coming up with their own version of this case and supernatural ways of treating the virus. As much as possible, let's reduce the panic.

It is not 2%. The old (February 2nd) 2% statistic was based on number of deaths to total number of infections known at that time; including the still active cases. We do not know how those active cases are going to be resolved so they should not be factored in; using the same method now, it is closer to 3.4% (2858 deaths out of 83381 total infections). A more accurate statistic would be the number of deaths as a percentage of number of terminated cases; either by death or by recovery and should not consider still active cases. If we do it that way, we will be closer to 7 or 8%.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by gnykelly(m): 6:57am On Feb 28, 2020
Antoeni:
I Take God Beg Nigeria Government, The Victim Should Be Kill Immediately. No Time For Research Please
look at your line of thought...what God do you worship

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Ensquare(m): 6:57am On Feb 28, 2020
Antoeni:
Trust me this na scam so they can actually Embezzle the 650 million they had Already Requested.

Still, Nigeria no dey take last . we must follow carry Coronavirus and dey news.

Las las we go win am and Life Continue .
Scam ke
This our mentality is even more dangerous than the coronavirus disease

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by blackbriar: 6:58am On Feb 28, 2020
Viking07:
That's why I said 'sane countries'. During the Ebola epidemic the entire west Africa was under quarantine.

sane countries only restricted flights form china but by then it was too late as the chinese form the wuhan region has mostly emigrated.

the french authorities caught two infected chinese discussing in a restaurant how they were able to mask there symptoms to beat immigration checks at china airport.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 28, 2020
telim:
Am heading straight to the market in the morning to buy food stuffs that will last for At least 2 months. This shit will hit this country soo bad if it is not properly managed.

Hahahahahaha. Laugh wan finish me here. Two months ........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Trulie(m): 7:02am On Feb 28, 2020
With the news that have been coming from Italy a couple of days now I was expecting our govt to ban all flight to and from Italy. Very stupid govt indeed.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Afamed: 7:04am On Feb 28, 2020
Antoeni:
Trust me this na scam so they can actually Embezzle the 650 million they had Already Requested.

Still, Nigeria no dey take last . we must follow carry Coronavirus and dey news.

Las las we go win am and Life Continue .
Who has done this to you? You are a disgrace to your generation

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Stormywolf: 7:05am On Feb 28, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

Who has done this to you?
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 28, 2020
I pity lagosians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? / Living With Aquagenic Priuritus (After-Bath Body Itch) / Doctor Val Who Treated Injured #endsars Protesters Dies Of Coronavirus Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.