Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me (53199 Views)

Yay!!!... Today Is My Happy Day! Just Moved Into My Own Apartment / I Need Help With The Apartment I Rented / My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Iwanttoto: 9:37pm On Feb 28, 2020
Excuzeme:

Thank you very much, God bless you.

I have been reading all the comments from the first and it seems Nigerians generally dont know their left from their right.
Everyone was coming up with some silly, yahoo-type of ideas.

A person has a constitutional right to quiet enjoyment of their house/home/apartment or place of legitimate abode.
That is the LAW.
The Op paid for the house, he has a right to enjoy it.

Now, it is not the Landlord that is causing him harm, it is the noisy and heartless neighbours.
Govt has setup and agency that deals with excessive environmental noise, from any quarters.

He just needs to involves the agency and make sure they take necessary action.

I had a similar problem with three religious houses in my area. I built my house before these religious houses came to setup shop thus, there is no way l would have known what would happen.
These prayer houses will use a Public adress system, to broadcast music, prayers and all sorts (even internet commentary from their favourite preacher) in the middle of the night. At times, it is only two people in on eof these places and yet they are using oublic adress system to pray!
I went to plead with them that they are causing noise pollution and they should just let the PA system face INSIDE their place of worship and not outside, as we neighbours did not ask to be served whatever they are cooking!
Alas, they tagged me "An enemy of God"!
Even when they are doing their friday prayers, they will be mentioning me on their PA and asking members to pray that something should happen to their father so he can let them be in the area! grin

I downloaded a Sound Meter on my phones.
I began to detail the magnitude of their noise using the Sound Meter on one phone while doing a video of my actions on another.
At times, i will put on NTA and let it show the date and time of my video recording and there was a time, inside my bedroom, the noise hit 130decibels! No human can take that.
After proper documentation of my efforts to make them see reason and the level of their noise, times, etc, l packaged my Petition, through my lawyer, to LASEMA and the Agency served them Notice of Abatement after which, they would be charged to Court.

Two immediately took notice and reduced the level of noise but one was forming "I know the Presidency"....until he recieved a Court Notice and that is when it dawned on him that l was not joking!
That is when he began to beg and asked that we withdraw the case, because l was also claiming Civil damages at the same time but separately, through my lawyer. Since l dont really need hi smoney, l amde him sign an undertaking not to use a PA System facing outside his place of worship and that at no time must the noise be greater than 35decibels, if l measure it from my end.

Now, l can sleep deeply and think with my head.
My drift is that we should stop taking shortcuts.
The op should inform his Landlord and ask that he speaks with them or refund hi smoney otherwise he should go and report the people responsible for the noise and the landlord, to LASEMA.
Packing out is not the best option because even where you are going might be serene at first, until your neighbour decides to start selling record and blaring his Speakers grin Will you pack out again? undecided

We need to start prosecuting Churches and Mosques for violating our right to peaceful and quiet existence, include all those poor people who do party on the road, those who sell market and use a big speaker to play unsolicited music, those who operate noisy industries in a residential neighbourhood (mechanics, welders, Grinders, Okadas, noisy area-boys, etc).

What we dont realise is that some of the mad people we see, some of those that jump into the Lagoon, could be a result of mental disturbance occassioned by excessive noise!.
Noise Pollution is not different from smoke pollution or water pollution, all can be deadly if not stopped on time.
We cant keep making excuses for bad behaviour out of fear or reverence for those who dont give a fnck about us.

Pls sir, Wetin be the name of the sound meter u downloaded!?
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Kingkezie: 9:37pm On Feb 28, 2020
ikorodureporta:
person wey sleep dey catch no dey hear noise

..u c dis aboky...

for real for real my brother, i was wondering how he hears so called generator noise if he is truly asleep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by belcom10(m): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
Please where is the location? I might be interested.

Bolajibasia56:
I have similar case. Someone rented a flat and he told me he want to sublet. The amount was 100k to share the 3bedroom flat. But the people I was hoping to assist with money disappointed me. So I told the man I can't come up with the money. Then after a couple of days the man told me to come that he is giving me grace of 3months that I should deposit 40k so I gladly moved in. He told me not to tell the landlord. Lo and behold this man was planning to move out in 3months time. I just felt scammed I swear because the 40k was just for 3months. Although my mum said it's not bad since the man is hardly around and I am the only one usually enjoying the flat and it is well furnished with all electronics. People are too bad. I don't know what to do to him.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by GloriosLove34: 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2020
PotatoSalad:
My own is a stupid GSD in the next compound. The family just moved in. Always barking even at 2am. I used to have dogs but this one is stupid.
Last night, it started howling and the entire dogs in the neighborhood joined it. Very annoying
To poison am dey hungry me grin
lmao grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Raypawer(m): 10:13pm On Feb 28, 2020
No need to lie... just tell them you can't stay, simple ask them to refund and its done!

madridguy:
First, don't sublet your apartment as some posters above are suggesting.

Talk to your agent/landlord about it, but don't mention your genuine reason, maybe you tell them urgent transfer from work or traveling for a course.

Mind you, agreement, commission and damages won't be refunded.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by KarlWhyte(m): 10:17pm On Feb 28, 2020
Tharaja:
Goodmorning my Elders in the house. I moved into this apartment of 150k in january this year. I have done one month and some week in it.

I just get to notice there are two Grinding machines with a terrible noise some meters away from my window. 4am in the morning, the machines are On which wakes me up abruptly from sleep. They are killing me psycologically. Even afternoon, They come on too. I can't sleep afternoon, I cant enjoy sleep at nite.

I want to seek for refund of my remaining money from my Landlord. I dont know if that is possible.

Pls elders, how do I go about requesting for a refund of my money that is remaining, Cos I want to relocate from that Noise. Am dieing slowly. Help. Thanks you all.

I am staying close to a Night club, trust me when i say dt i know what u passing thru... Buy ear muff n bear till u save enough n ur rent expires den park to a more decent area

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Drayton7: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hello bro. I stay in Abule Egba.
Good apartment.. 2 bedroom apartment.

Let me know if this is close to your new place of work.

resosdigital:

Hello, I just got a job in Lagos and am kind of stranded, if you wish to sublet it to me. Kindly PM me pls.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Drayton7: 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2020
In fact I'm planning to relocate for this very reason. Lagos is stressful....

Heat, Noise, Crazy People... Good life is important please. Plus I work remotely.

Please if you need house, na Abule Egba my apartment dey. 2 bedroom apartment. Very good area. Tiled, good running Water.

DM

pbethel:
This is a very big issue in lagos.
Except for those who live in some expensive estates in which everything is centrally controlled
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by West2019(m): 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
TechCapon:
That's the first thing I look out for when getting a new apartment. Any compound with more than 3 children is a no no for me. Any church or mosque around, ur name na sorry. I hate noisy environments
you no go born again
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by cnonyechi(f): 10:38pm On Feb 28, 2020
Tharaja:
Goodmorning my Elders in the house. I moved into this apartment of 150k in january this year. I have done one month and some week in it.

I just get to notice there are two Grinding machines with a terrible noise some meters away from my window. 4am in the morning, the machines are On which wakes me up abruptly from sleep. They are killing me psycologically. Even afternoon, They come on too. I can't sleep afternoon, I cant enjoy sleep at nite.

I want to seek for refund of my remaining money from my Landlord. I dont know if that is possible.

Is your landlord on this forum?

Pls elders, how do I go about requesting for a refund of my money that is remaining, Cos I want to relocate from that Noise. Am dieing slowly. Help. Thanks you all.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Alphageometrix: 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
cRobo:
Ask them to move that machine from you window side and if they fail to oblidge whenever their are not around pour salt in the petrol engine
Hey! Be careful nothing should happen to that engine.

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Lastmankc(m): 10:50pm On Feb 28, 2020
cRobo:
Ask them to move that machine from you window side and if they fail to oblidge whenever their are not around pour salt in the petrol engine
op, take this advice
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Nonsensetalk: 10:56pm On Feb 28, 2020
Drayton7:
Hello bro. I stay in Abule Egba.
Good apartment.. 2 bedroom apartment.

Let me know if this is close to your new place of work.

Am at abule egba also...and am looking for apartment..don't knw if we can link up??....

Wud be so glad
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by romeorailss: 12:50am On Feb 29, 2020
madridguy:
First, don't sublet your apartment as some posters above are suggesting.

Talk to your agent/landlord about it, but don't mention your genuine reason, maybe you tell them urgent transfer from work or traveling for a course.

Mind you, agreement, commission and damages won't be refunded.

Damages will be refunded if he didn't damage anything cool

Yes ! Na me talk am cool
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by ForbesHomesNG(m): 2:30am On Feb 29, 2020
pbethel:
This is a very big issue in lagos.
Except for those who live in some expensive estates in which everything is centrally controlled
That's the reality... He better with hard and pray for God to promote him if he's not okay with his present predicament. .

Intending house buyers (Duplex or Apartment houses) or you need verified titled LAND should check here and our signature below.
https://www.nairaland.com/5643825/dont-miss-best-ibeju-lekki-deal
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by madridguy(m): 2:57am On Feb 29, 2020
Thanks for contribution.

romeorailss:

Damages will be refunded if he didn't damage anything cool

Yes ! Na me talk am cool
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by obinoral1179(m): 3:35am On Feb 29, 2020
Bolajibasia56:
I have similar case. Someone rented a flat and he told me he want to sublet. The amount was 100k to share the 3bedroom flat. But the people I was hoping to assist with money disappointed me. So I told the man I can't come up with the money. Then after a couple of days the man told me to come that he is giving me grace of 3months that I should deposit 40k so I gladly moved in. He told me not to tell the landlord. Lo and behold this man was planning to move out in 3months time. I just felt scammed I swear because the 40k was just for 3months. Although my mum said it's not bad since the man is hardly around and I am the only one usually enjoying the flat and it is well furnished with all electronics. People are too bad. I don't know what to do to him.
I don't even understand you.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Nobody: 4:00am On Feb 29, 2020
PotatoSalad:
My own is a stupid GSD in the next compound. The family just moved in. Always barking even at 2am. I used to have dogs but this one is stupid.
Last night, it started howling and the entire dogs in the neighborhood joined it. Very annoying
To poison am dey hungry me grin

You don't know dogs bark when they see a spirit, especially at 2 am.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by sindan: 4:14am On Feb 29, 2020
ikorodureporta:

..u c dis aboky...

grin grin grin
You're actually correct, some of my friends will ask me " dis one u dey drink coffee by dis time how u go take sleep?" Me, coffee dey chase sleep no be for person wey don tire from work.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by PotatoSalad(m): 4:15am On Feb 29, 2020
Nooil:

You don't know dogs bark when they see a spirit, especially at 2 am.
Your spirit?
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 29, 2020
Jeezuzpick:

My brother......I got posted to Lagos on my job. The apartment was peaceful at first, then new neighbours moved in. Very noisome lot!

Well, to cut a long story short, I'm currently on drugs for high blood pressure due to stress and lack of rest. I couldn't sleep both in the day and night.

I understand Lagos stress could have added to it, though.

I'm one of those very susceptible to noise. I once developed ulcer because a roommate on campus wouldn't turn down the volume on his sound system.

So, Bro.......save your life if you're like me.

If you can pay 1.5 mill for a three bedroom flat. Dm me. You'll be glad you did.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Picadelly(m): 4:53am On Feb 29, 2020
So funny... well done
ikorodureporta:

..u c dis aboky...
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by tyup(m): 7:04am On Feb 29, 2020
cRobo:

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by tyup(m): 7:07am On Feb 29, 2020
Ogbunigwe2018:

Mine na two crazy boerboels
I will definitely run them down this rainy season and claim poor vision

grin grin
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by tyup(m): 7:13am On Feb 29, 2020
Jeezuzpick:

My brother......I got posted to Lagos on my job. The apartment was peaceful at first, then new neighbours moved in. Very noisome lot!

Well, to cut a long story short, I'm currently on drugs for high blood pressure due to stress and lack of rest. I couldn't sleep both in the day and night.

I understand Lagos stress could have added to it, though.

I'm one of those very susceptible to noise. I once developed ulcer because a roommate on campus wouldn't turn down the volume on his sound system.

So, Bro.......save your life if you're like me.

developed ulcer cause of noise?

such a nice Oxymoronic statement
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 29, 2020
Tharaja:

Just manage till rent finish then run as fast as possible.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by SleekyPosh(m): 8:08am On Feb 29, 2020
peacefulhome:
Lagos with too much stress. Having same experience where I live. The next building beside us, they wake us up 4am with noise like , Ayo wa gbe ohunje oh ( Ayo come and carry your food) . Sometimes. This women will wake up 4am to beat their kids who offended them previous night( imagine) . Am just tired of them .

Your sense of humor is special. grin grin cool cool kiss

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by kareemkamil(m): 8:10am On Feb 29, 2020
Hmm
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:35am On Feb 29, 2020
tyup:

developed ulcer cause of noise?

such a nice Oxymoronic statement

The noise was a constant irritant, that's what I discovered.

Thank God I recovered.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fire At NNPC Petrol Station, College Road, Ogba (Pictures) / Bathroom Of Lady Who Moved Out Of A Guy's Property / Tenants Flee House After 10 Co-tenants Died In Two Years (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.