Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers (23541 Views)

Lebanon: 25 Passengers From Nigeria Test Positive For COVID-19 - Health Ministry / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry / Abia Health Ministry Supports NGO With Production Of 5000 Copies Of Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by Idontgiveafuck2: 10:19am On Feb 28, 2020
shogsman:
I must commot Lagos today unfailingly
. ABEG STAY THERE O. QUARANTINE YOURSELF.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by Righteousness89(m): 10:19am On Feb 28, 2020
Bizibi:
there is a first case in u s now..... watched it an hour ago.

Yeah u are right Bizibi..
I am aware they have few affected individuals.
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by marvin906(m): 10:20am On Feb 28, 2020
mvem:
US has like 40 cases with some deaths...don't say what you don't know

then how come the media isn't speaking about it like other countries..
how many times have the media said anything about the US victims
buh I can't count how many times have heard about China France and so on

1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by aydi(m): 10:20am On Feb 28, 2020
shogsman:
I must commot Lagos today unfailingly

Hahaha Lagos should be on a Lockdown nobody leaves..........kidding

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:22am On Feb 28, 2020
I think this method should also be adopted in Nigeria as a precautionary measure

We are a country that congregates strongly
Every congregation, whether Muslim or Christian, should be banned at this point.

This virus scares the shit out of me

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by marvin906(m): 10:22am On Feb 28, 2020
DrChukki:

Who told you US is not affected... Have you been following COVID19 news at all

then how come the media isn't saying much about it but you hear of other countries so much

1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 28, 2020
famouscargo4u:

There are few cases in US actually but no record of death yet. I personally feel this Covid-19 I'd a bio- weapon made by the USA and they have the vaccine for it. It might also be a gimmick by Trump to score political point inorder to win election.

The US has no virus bioweapons.

The thing about most viral illnesses is they have existed in the past. Because of increased travel , a viral disease that would have wiped out an isolated community centruies ago now spreads across the world in decades.

Plus, the US does a lot of trade with China...and gets a lot of cheap manufactured goods from there. Many of their big companies have manufactring sites in China. So, any negative issue in China would affect the US.

Finally, human beings are genetically variant creatures. Thus, there are humans likely to be resistant to COVID....so COVID cannot kill everyone.,(Infact the people dying from COVID are the elderly or the very very young...people with relatively poor immune systems)

Again, there are COVID cases in the US. Why would the US create a weapon that is affecting its people as well?

One more thing, diseases such as these spread in poorer countries easily because we have poorly resourced health systems. The UK (which has several corona virus cases ) spent 150billion pounds on health last year. Nigeria has spent 2 billion pounds on health this year...out of a budget of 22 billion.(Before looting by the way).

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by lanrefront1(m): 10:23am On Feb 28, 2020
I wonder if something similar don't need to be done in Naija since the virus is now here with us.
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by dataking: 10:23am On Feb 28, 2020
Mikehot:
shut up you terrorist sympathizer.

If Iran and saudi declare state of emergency on Islamic terrorism emanating from their two branches the world would be safer than it is with corona

Shut up crusader bigot

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by mvem(m): 10:23am On Feb 28, 2020
marvin906:

oga go online and check ..even as of yesterday on the news they talked about US cases
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by OLAJADON: 10:24am On Feb 28, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Mohammed will not like this
you are very stupid for this statement u made, son of a LovePeddler.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 28, 2020
blues343:
At Times When I see comments like dis From UNA HERE I JUST SHAKE MY HEAD.

SINCE E NEVER REALY AFFECT US ..

WE DONT KNOW HOW BAD IT IS.

Na Why Some of una still get mouth dey make any how statements.

sigh
what's this one sayin
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 28, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
Subanallah!!! This is haram, Our first and most important duty to Allah is to always pray to him before any other thing, whether in sickness or in health, that is what Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) taught us, this is not acceptable shocked

Go drag them now.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by Mateen1000: 10:24am On Feb 28, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
Subanallah!!! This is haram, Our first and most important duty to Allah is to always pray to him before any other thing, whether in sickness or in health, that is what Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) taught us, this is not acceptable shocked
They can perform their solat in their individual homes, Nobody is stopping them from performing their duties to Allah, Stop being a Religion Fanatic, Prevention is better that Cure

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by Nickymezor(f): 10:25am On Feb 28, 2020
Well said , safety of the citizens should come first
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by 234reader: 10:25am On Feb 28, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
smh
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by Reference(m): 10:26am On Feb 28, 2020
EcoBrick:
Good call. Drastic measures must be taken to contain the spread. No two ways about it.

I also think that as this point, as a matter of urgency, the Nigerian FG should release the flight details of the Corona Virus carrier to the public, that way everyone else that came into close contact with him on that flight would be well aware of their risk of exposure and consequently go into self-quarantine to forestall further spread of the virus.

What nonsense is self quarantine. Thet should contact the Health Ministry and be picked up for screening by special ambulance immediately while the number of contacts is still managable.
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by tefla(m): 10:26am On Feb 28, 2020
IWTBAB:
Shut up your stinking mouth, religion bigot. Annoying farm instruments on Nairaland.
Shut up you fool!

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by shogsman(m): 10:30am On Feb 28, 2020
aydi:

Hahaha Lagos should be on a Lockdown nobody leaves..........kidding
I'm already out sef as we speak,I'm sure I'm not infected cos I've not had contact with anybody for almost a week now.
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 28, 2020
marvin906:

Sorry, but you don't watch or read the news very well.

Then again, the problem with most international news channels is that they report international news, not US news. 20-25 years ago, when CNN was the only channel of its kind in many parts of the world...you were likely to get a US centric international news. Now, CNN has all sorts of competitiors, and then there is the internet, and radio is still going strong...so you would be likely to hear less about US issues.

(Modified: A basic cable package in Nigeria in the 1990's had CNN, maybe BBC, and some entertainment channels, as well as a sport channel, and one kids channel and Cartoon Network. Now? There are probably 10 news channels alone on a DSTV compact bouquet. Some people haven't watched CNN in ages because they are spoilt for choice.)

Additionally, the ground zero of the virus is East Asia....so East Asia gets the lion share of reporting. Many of CNN's competitiors like France 24, BBC, Russia Today, and Deutsche Welle are European..so you get a Euro-centric internaitonal news reportage. US news ON CORONAVIRUS is avaialble...you have to look for it.

Here is the latest US related news on corona virus from CNN

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by sylve11: 10:30am On Feb 28, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Mohammed will not like this

grin grin cool
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by sylve11: 10:31am On Feb 28, 2020
Mikehot:
Damn, so there is something that can scare the terrorists from congregating.

From Saudi to Iran no piss for the religion of piss

Nairaland o grin cool
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by Amumaigwe: 10:33am On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by drmistng: 10:36am On Feb 28, 2020
Let's be careful with our personal hygiene during this case of Corona virus outbreak. Check my signature for your protection and family.

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by fraymite: 10:36am On Feb 28, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
If you are a Muslim I will rather say you are ignorant of some preferences in Islam. However if you are a non Muslim and pretend to be a Muslim then you are an unbeliever or hypocrites which I don't need to argue with.
Let me educate you maybe you will learn

Islam give preference to life irrespective of any situation. Save your life first. Canceling the Jumua prayer does not mean you cannot pray zhur or even Jumua with your family if you make up the required number and knowledge is available. You can pray in your house. Doing this for the reason of saving your life is very loud in the Sunnah of Mohammad PBUH.
A scenario is when you see some people who want to kill you if you don't renounce Islam but they will free you after you say you leave Islam . If you are weak in eeman then you can renounce Islam in their presence and continue your Islam when they free you. Deep down in your heart, there is an Islamic belief but surface you renounce just to save your life. This is in line
With teaching of Muhammad PBUH.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by blowjohn(m): 10:36am On Feb 28, 2020
marvin906:
how come the US isn't affected yet..
and almost all continents have one case or the other ..
or am I missing something

Yes ur missing something.
The U.S is affected.
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by miqos02(m): 10:37am On Feb 28, 2020
marvin906:
how come the US isn't affected yet..
and almost all continents have one case or the other ..
or am I missing something
first US case was reported yesterday

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by slowice(m): 10:37am On Feb 28, 2020
If its my country now.... They will be acting holier than thou
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by Righteousness89(m): 10:38am On Feb 28, 2020
[s]
mvem:
US has like 40 cases with some deaths...don't say what you don't know
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by iswallker(m): 10:38am On Feb 28, 2020
money121:
Lobatan
_Here is a special du'aa by our Noble Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam:_

عن أنس رضي الله عنه ، أن النبي ﷺ كان يقول *اللهم إني أعوذ بك من البرَص والجنون والجُذام ، ومن سيء الأسقام*

*Transliteration:* _Allahumma innee a'uudhu bika minal barasi wal junuuni wal judhaam, wa min sayyi'il asqaam_

The Prophet (ﷺ) used to say: *"O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from leprosy, madness, elephantiasis, and evil diseases."* May Allah protect us all.
[رواه أبو داود]

The peace religion..

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers by NigeriaBam: 10:38am On Feb 28, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Неаlth Міstаkеs Тhаt Моst Реорlе Маkе / Nigerian Man Tackles UK Psychiatric Doctors That Came To Treat Him (vid) / JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.