Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry (28901 Views)

My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience / Lebanon: 25 Passengers From Nigeria Test Positive For COVID-19 - Health Ministry / Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by EcoBrick: 2:17pm On May 06, 2020
The house of representatives member representing Egbeda/Ona-Ara federal constituency, Hon. Akin Alabi has revealed that he is awaiting the approval of the ministry of health to build his own COVID-19 test centre in the state.

Akin Alabi, who disclosed while speaking on Fresh FM COVID-19 situation room program, stated that his decision to build a test centre was necessitated by the need to increase testing in the state.

He said, “The governor is making progress, making people to resume is negative because if you are doing well by trying to increase testing but still pushing people out which is going to increase the risk. I have plans actually to launch a testing centre in Ibadan, still waiting for Oyo state ministry of Health for approval.
“We are ready, but, we have been on the approval for weeks, we have not gotten it yet, that is why I said we can’t afford to play politics with this thing.”

Speaking on why the approval for the test centre must come from the state government and not the NCDC, he said,”To domicile it in Oyo state, the state must give us approval. We have been assured that it would be approved. I am tired of sharing rice, there is more to this disease.
“I know it is probably not the governor himself that is saying they shouldn’t approve but you know people can be overzealous sometimes. So, now that it is out, I believe that will speed up things and give us approval so that we can start running our own testing.”

Unlike, majority of lawmakers in the state, Akin Alabi also revealed that some of his constituents have benefited from the palliative of the federal government.

“100 per cent, yeah, I was even following up to make sure that these people get their money. But, one thing I have said on social media on the issue of palliative is, it is a thing that is supposed to be done across all levels of government, for example, look at the state government, not just Oyo state, all the states of the federation, personal income tax is paid to the state government, so, this is the time for the state government to show Nigerians the benefit of paying your personal income tax.”

He, however, noted that not everyone can receive it because it can’t reach everywhere.

https://oyoinsight.com/covid-19-my-test-centre-awaiting-approval-of-health-ministry-akin-alabi/

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Tissaia(f): 2:18pm On May 06, 2020
Good luck Akin Alabi
COVID-19: Sagay Says Nigerians Are The Most Indisciplined People On Earth

Me; just call them by their names Which is I-pigs

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by NairalandSon: 2:19pm On May 06, 2020
Ok

Brothers and sisters, we all know how things are at the moment. The two square meals you've had, many people are yet to have one e.g me. This is not out of our making but the effect of Covid19 on us who live on daily earnings. We are seriously starving as there's no food for us again in our family. The little you can give us will save our lives. Nothing is too small please and we'll surely pass through this phase in life.

"LIVE FOR US TODAY SO THAT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER TOMORROW".

Acc. No: 203*41031*79
First bank

God bless you all.
Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by kayusely70(m): 2:23pm On May 06, 2020
Govt Must Urgently Approve It

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Slawormir: 2:24pm On May 06, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Laeroy(f): 2:24pm On May 06, 2020
Hmmmm

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by overseer1(m): 2:24pm On May 06, 2020
9ja! When do we have the luxury to start building in this critical times. He should rather organise one out of the existing structures in the local community.

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Mrsheff(m): 2:24pm On May 06, 2020
Kudos
The only Honourable we sabii
I'm proud of u

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by nwakgr8: 2:24pm On May 06, 2020
I hope you're not trying to cajole us? I know what I'm saying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:25pm On May 06, 2020
This is the problem with the current Federal Structure.

You have to wait for Abuja who may even demand some bribes to do anything good for your people. So bad

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Johnbosco77(m): 2:25pm On May 06, 2020
Chai, baba my money Don finish for your nairabet oo.

3 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 06, 2020
cool

Nice one their.
Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by flexyrule(m): 2:26pm On May 06, 2020
Na so so over 1.5, , Half time draw, 1/X you go dey hear for that test center.
Las las Depression and HBP fit kill people for that center pass the virus sef.

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 06, 2020
This law maker seems to have a common sense

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Gabson006: 2:26pm On May 06, 2020
Good job

#NAIRALANDBRINGBACKSIGNATURE

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by MEGA4BILLION(m): 2:26pm On May 06, 2020
Coro Don spoil business for you abi?
COVID 19 is doing a serious rehabilitation work on betting addicts and you gonna loose so many customer.

4 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by HeadShot: 2:26pm On May 06, 2020
They won't give you any approval...

Buhari and his gang are using this pandemic to cash out

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Alpha100(m): 2:27pm On May 06, 2020
Alright sir. However, government needs to embark on massive testing. A lot of people are transferring the virus without knowing.

PS: I have a passive income stream that can make you some money which can help you with money for data and take care of minor bills. No investment. No referrals. Email me (email address in signature below) if you are interested

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Digitiminimi: 2:28pm On May 06, 2020
Cool. Those nairabets money n Reps money. Combo to bad
Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Mannylex(m): 2:28pm On May 06, 2020
Atleast for all those gamblers that enriches this man daily, your money (daily contribution grin ) would be used for a good course. Well done grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by ojuoluwani(m): 2:28pm On May 06, 2020
Ok
Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by solmus: 2:28pm On May 06, 2020
cool

If only we had this intelligent havard business school trained dude as a governor and not the grown imebscile that talks like a retarrdd...

Indigene and corporate bodies donated a whooping 400 million naira plus to Oyo State(Agba Akin Olubadan , Oloye lekan Alabi personaly brought a cheque of 50 million from a donor), Ajimobi built olodo isolation center, University College Hospital UCH and University of Ibadan, virology department has the only testing laboratory in ibadan

Yet 400 million is gone, Audio Governor, and his deputy didn't share one cup of rice as palliative only for him to insist 1800 bags of rice are totally damaged just to score some cheap political point, his Thug Auxiliary is back in town extorting poor Drivers of the NURTW after Makinde mandated another Park Managers to demand N300 daily

A year is gone, no project done, abandoned project everywhere, Local Government shutdown, NURTW paying double tax, No palliative or testing kit during pandemic, schools have less teachers due to sack of PTA teachers without replacement, garbage everywhere

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by EniHolar(f): 2:29pm On May 06, 2020
shocked

Just one man o... God abeg no forget me o... And continue to bless him too

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Covidhunger20: 2:29pm On May 06, 2020
Money dey gambling grin

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by partnerinbiz3: 2:30pm On May 06, 2020
cool.
This guy is really trying. Although we know it's for the optics and to appear good in the eyes of many. We buy airtime in bulk upto 3m. 0909-6-3-00-20_0. call us. Akin will still be governor.
Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by Oshlander: 2:30pm On May 06, 2020
At least, a politician with developmental brains speaking up there.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry by quickberry(m): 2:30pm On May 06, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
This is the problem with the current Federal Structure.

You have to wait for Abuja who may even demand some bribes to do anything good for your people. So bad

Did you read before rushing to comment?

He said state govt., not federal govt.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) / Lady Welcomes Twins After Bleeding For 2month Of Pregnancy Rejected By Boyfriend / How Did You Overcome Your Tooth Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.