Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari (442 Views)

New COVID-19 Strain: Netherlands Ban Flights From UK / Coronavirus: Study Explains Why Men Are Affected More Than Women / Young Man Affected By Chemical Explosion At His Place Of Work Recovers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by nairapark: 4:15pm On Feb 28, 2020
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has advised the President, Maj. Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to stop all flights from countries facing coronavirus outbreak.

Atiku, who was the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last election said Nigeria should fight the disease the same way it was able to tackle the outbreak of Ebola in 2014.

He said in a Facebook post that since Buhari had been able to shut land borders to protect the economy, it would not be too difficult to stop flights from countries facing the coronavirus scourge.

The former Vice-President added, “Nigeria needs firm and decisive actions to prevent an escalation of the scourge. Recently, we closed our borders as an act against economic sabotage. Perhaps now is the time to temporarily halt flights to and from any nation with a prevalence of this scourge. It is more important to secure human lives than to secure an economy. We also need to invest in early detection facilities at our airports.

“But above all, Nigeria must not panic, whether at government or individual levels. We have defeated Ebola before, and we can defeat this present predicament.”

The PDP chieftain said this was not the time to cast aspersions on anyone or begin to trade blame.

He said the focus should be on finding solutions.

Atiku added, “We must call upon our experience with the Wild Ebola Virus, of which we were the first nation in the world to defeat that scourge in 2014. How did Nigeria do it? We achieved it by showing unprecedented unity.

“The Federal Government of the day worked closely with the Lagos and Rivers State governments. There was complete unity, solidarity, and oneness of purpose, which created the atmosphere that defeated that deadly infestation.

“I strongly counsel that any tendency to blame and point fighters must be temporary, if not permanently, suspended. If fingers must be pointed, it must be to solutions.”

He said the crisis is an opportunity to show that we are first and foremost Nigerians and that we have no other country but our dear fatherland, which we must work together to keep healthy and secure.

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1582902767/coronavirus-stop-all-flights-from-affected-countries

[img]https://www.nairapark.com/%3Cdiv%20class=[/img]
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by Aidejay(m): 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2020
Thanks sir
But you should have addressed this to His Excellency GCFR, GCON, MFR, OON Abba Kyari.
To save lives.....
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by RentedReality(m): 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2020
I agree with Atiku but I'm laughing in Yen  grin

Last year, Bilateral trade alone between Nigeria and China reached $8.6bn from January to June 2019 with 20.7 per cent year-on-year growth

It won't be too easy just placing that relationship on pause as these unseen economic forces will shape the truth of Atiku's opinions
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2020
The man na ajala the traveller
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by tsephanyah(f): 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2020
Father of corruption
Nigeria cannot afford that.. the economic disadvantage is more severe than few people suffering from a flu with fatality rate of just 2%
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by madridguy(m): 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2020
grin
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by CYBERWEAVER(m): 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2020
That mod won't take this up, yeye
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by Aidejay(m): 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2020
Social media Adviser
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by implementing: 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:
Father of corruption
Nigeria cannot afford that.. the economic disadvantage is more severe than few people suffering from a flu with fatality rate of just 2%
until it starts, money doesn't equate life brother if you die you take nothing with you so why not preserve the life you have cos me I'm questioning the afterlife and all that stuff religion is telling us
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by tsephanyah(f): 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2020
implementing:
until it starts, money doesn't equate life brother if you die you take nothing with you so why not preserve the life you have cos me I'm questioning the afterlife and all that stuff religion is telling us
I believe in Afterlife because the universe and humans are too complex, sophisticated to be accident... And there's enough evidence in Qur'an that I believe in the existence of Allah

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by implementing: 7:08pm On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:
I believe in Afterlife because the universe and humans are too complex, sophisticated to be accident... And there's enough evidence in Qur'an that I believe in the existence of Allah
Allah is some confused idiot that is washing you muslims brain how can you guys be killing people in the name of religion angry dont mention me again until you rethink that shit cos you guys are the reason we are behind today, I'll rather be in hell than be with you guys in your so called paradise

Infact Corona virus death is better than dying in the hands of a Muslim

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by tsephanyah(f): 7:14pm On Feb 28, 2020
implementing:
Allah is some confused idiot that is washing you muslims brain how can you guys be killing people in the name of religion angry dont mention me again until you rethink that shit cos you guys are the reason we are behind today, I'll rather be in hell than be with you guys in your so called paradise

Infact Corona virus death is better than dying in the hands of a Muslim
You are emotional... Wish you well and quick recovery from whatever it's that you are suffering from
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by implementing: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:
You are emotional... Wish you well and quick recovery from whatever it's that you are suffering from
this is what you guys fail to admit and it vexes me, you guys are responsible for many terrorist attacks in many nations today, suicide bombings, killings, persecutions and the rest, go and ask who ever is the head of your mosque why this is so cos it's ridiculous all in the name of religion yet tagged religion of peace angry the bokoharam we are suffering today is all because of that religion
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by tsephanyah(f): 7:27pm On Feb 28, 2020
implementing:
this is what you guys fail to admit and it vexes me, you guys are responsible for many terrorist attacks in many nations today, suicide bombings, killings, persecutions and the rest, go and ask who ever is the head of your mosque why this is so cos it's ridiculous all in the name of religion yet tagged religion of peace angry the bokoharam we are suffering today is all because of that religion like man what the Bleep, I hate muslims I swear and I'll admit it anywhere even at gun point cos what you guys do to people is inhumane and sick, I'll rather go with Christians at least they don't go about with guns killing people or recite the Quran while beheading thier fellow human being...spits.... I won't advise you to change cos you guys are already brain washed, enjoy your day
WW1, WW2, Cuban war, Vietnam, the crusaders.. Black death... The romans, Soviet Union, British, and Greeks atrocities.. Slavery ETC are they done by Muslims
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by implementing: 7:38pm On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:
WW1, WW2, Cuban war, Vietnam, the crusaders.. Black death... The romans, Soviet Union, British, and Greeks atrocities.. Slavery ETC are they done by Muslims
don't care
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by tsephanyah(f): 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2020
implementing:
they were not done by muslims that I agree but the war was fought due to misunderstandings between powerful nations at that time, some fought to defend thier country and it was soldiers fighting but now in this modern age as muslims have found thier feet they are busy killing innocent people WHO DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO THEM OR EVEN POSE A THREAT that is the part I don't understand till today, you walk into a village and start shooting men, women and children all for what? They worlds trade center they bombed it was people minding their business no one was against Muslim so explain your self world war is no justification to start butchering people anyhow, politics then was at a rough stage and some people wanted world power more than anything, I don't understand what you muslims want in the name of killing or jihad

That's nonsensical and doesn't make any bit of sense in this 21st century
Do you know that the Americans and Europeans founded and armed the jihadist. www.globalresearch.ca
Web results
Hillary Clinton: "We Created Al Qaeda". The Protagonists of the "Global War on Terrorism" are the Terrorists
https://m.youtube.com › watch
Hillary Clinton : We created Al Qaeda - YouTube

https://archive.siasat.com › news
Hillary Clinton admits US created and funded Al-Qaeda | The Siasat Daily ...
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by implementing: 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:
Do you know that the Americans and Europeans founded and armed the jihadist. www.globalresearch.ca
Web results
Hillary Clinton: "We Created Al Qaeda". The Protagonists of the "Global War on Terrorism" are the Terrorists
https://m.youtube.com › watch
Hillary Clinton : We created Al Qaeda - YouTube

https://archive.siasat.com › news
Hillary Clinton admits US created and funded Al-Qaeda | The Siasat Daily ...
I don't care
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by tsephanyah(f): 7:59pm On Feb 28, 2020
implementing:
I don't care and these things are propaganda cos why would the United states fund something they are fighting against that is as simple as saying you can't beat your own self in your own game, and funding ordinary people would've been easier since you guys are shouting religion of peace, you yourself can't even explain the killings done by your people because you are as confused as the rest of them digging up nonsense facts for me to cover up the shame cos that's what you guy do, you blame it on someone else who is not even the least intrested in you people. EXPLAIN WHY YOU GUYS DO JIHAD AND KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE cos that stuff makes your religion ugly and unhuman, or you think if this people sponsored Christian's that they'll do the same thing ....*spits*

You can't even explain yourself or even be straight foward with your answers about the killings, as if it's America that's sponsoring bokoharam of present

I almost cried the day I saw one of them butchering one beautiful girl, I think the video is still on YouTube and they were chanting allahu abkar

Now tell me is Hillary Clinton a Muslim?
why don't you click the link and watched the videos... She admitted to it, there's reason why they created it.. you probably don't know anything about the world... Anyways wish you well
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by implementing: 8:20pm On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:
why don't you click the link and watched the videos... She admitted to it, there's reason why they created it.. you probably don't know anything about the world... Anyways wish you well
I don't care
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by tsephanyah(f): 8:25pm On Feb 28, 2020
implementing:
I've read and watched the videos and this goes a long way to show how easily brainwashed you guys are...the united started sponsored the Muslim milita to battle the Soviet union kinda like a deal (they did not create al Qaeda) they did it because thier own military would've suffered damages and compensations in war and because you guys we're already violent to start with (jihadists to be exact) I'll bring out the main video link for everyone to watch the explanation rather than blaming them for killings going on today which involves innocent people and instead of the muslims to accept the fate the deal they AGREED TO brought them they went and started attacking America because thier country at that time was in a mess because of thier actions do your research besides JIHAD ALREADY EXISTED the question is not who is sponsoring you it's WHY DO YOU GUYS KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF JIHAD for crying out loud, abi you'll use another article to cover up sad

I'm ready to talk this out cos I've not rubbed minds with a muslim like this before, we need to put our differences aside and know why this is happening cos it's at the roots of your religion and its costing precious lives everyday
peace and good night
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by implementing: 8:26pm On Feb 28, 2020
tsephanyah:
peace and good night
I don't care
Re: Coronavirus: Stop All Flights From Affected Countries, Atiku Tells Buhari by Sirseedorf(m): 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2020
Something that they should have prepared for even before the carrier came to the country.

later their will say Nigeria is the giant and big brother of Africa, I cannot wonder the kind of giant and big brother we are ..

God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

Can Corona Virus Be Contracted Twice / Video:Covid 19-110-bed Onikan Isolation Center, By Lagos State Govt & Gtbank / First Patients Injected With Potential COVID-19 Vaccine In Clinical Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.