Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister (66473 Views)

58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm / Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by mercyville: 9:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
We will contain coronavirus.Everything will be fine by the Grace of God.The world will contact us to learn how we overcame coronavirus.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by SciLab: 9:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
I don't want to delude myself, this virus will do more damage in Nigeria. This guy is not the only case in Nigeria, and it is impossible to track all those he had contact with.

The other guys he had contact with in the flight may have taken connecting flights to Abuja, kano or even PH.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Toks2008(m): 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2020
In a sane country, the guy ought to have been isolated for at least 2 weeks to see if he will develop any symptoms knowing fully well that he was arriving from Italy but trust the Nigerian system to give crazy excuse.

Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by seunmsg(m): 9:11pm On Feb 28, 2020
mankan2k7:
I wonder how we shall escape this as a people. our government had ample time to be proactively prepared for this convid 19, but they refused to prepare. This is the worst government I have ever witnessed in Nigeria

We are still one of the better prepared country in the world and the most prepared in Africa.

Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by tosine102: 9:14pm On Feb 28, 2020
Racoon:
Nigeria supposed to restrict or imposed international travel restriction on nations with established cases but the lying Minister of Lies-the legendary Lai Mohammed
was giving reasons why Nigeria will not even ban Nigerians travelling to China.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by betterpikinn: 9:15pm On Feb 28, 2020
ttmacoy:
Haba there is no indication he knew he had the disease. As the minister said it was not picked up because it was in incubation stage so how will the guy have known?

Please share where you are seeing outrage that the disease is not in Africa??

Shut up!
It will never be well with all of them.

What stops the senseless authority from quarantining all the people from infected country for 14 days?
Saudi is doing that.

That foolish minister should be sacked.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by eyinjuege: 9:16pm On Feb 28, 2020
Anyway, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
US has started testing some new antivirals drugs on human subjects specifically for the covid-19
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Masterito(m): 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2020
This is very preventable but the minister of health is just incompetent, obviously waiting to benefit from it. How on earth do you allow someone from a country of high risk get into the country without placing them on close monitoring? Can't we even copy the South African method? Don't we all know incubation period of the disease? Must we always be reactive instead of being proactive? Well I don't blame the minister he is a Doctor, they prefer treatment to prevention. Nonsense!!!!!!! THE MINSTER SHOULD BE SACKED!!!!
seunmsg:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/379534-coronavirus-why-infected-italian-was-not-detected-at-lagos-airport-minister.html
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by 6digitscomrade: 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Caleb17: 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2020
Nigeria don buy market be that.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by blowjohn(m): 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2020
Very stupid reply.
How can u even allow an Italian land in this country at this crucial time?
Why didn't they collect blood samples from people arriving from infected countries?
These people dey mad aswear
Since u know symptoms are hard to get and transmission can even be from people showing no symptoms why no collect blood from them immediately they arrive and check for the virus?
What kind of nonsense is this?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2020
It is foolish to believe that it is through incompetence that Covid19 was able to penetrate the borders. If it was through the health ministry's incompetence, then what can be said about the respective health ministries of the US, Italy, the UAE, the Uk, Germany, Japan, Singapore etc.

Personally I applaud the government for their rapid response and their doing a good job containing it. Even if it still spreads somewhat, I trust that the government and the health system have done all they possibly could.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Thegamingorca(m): 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2020
Zooposki:
This guy knew he had this disease and purposely came to Nigeria to spread it, but God pass am. Everywhere you go on social media, there is an outrage on why the disease is not yet in Africa, as if we offended them in a previous life.

These other nations want the virus to do maximum damage on the continent.
grin I can palpate your tears
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Maj196(m): 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2020
Minister wey mumu
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by splendour7(m): 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
i hope we aren't gonna drink and bath with salt water again as we did during ebola time??

and for those nigerians protesting with play card in china asking nigerian government to come to their rescue and bring them back home,now that the virus have finally find it way to nigeria,i still want to ask if you guys still want to come back home ni?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by horlafact(m): 9:36pm On Feb 28, 2020
baby124:
Very stupid health minister. China has which treatment? Is it not China that is still beating people who don’t want to stay at home and barricading them in their homes so they can die a miserable death. In order to contain the virus. China that is still telling terrible lies about the true victims count. I pity Nigeria.

This health minister should be sacked. He’s one of the people misleading this government on this disease. He obviously does not watch TV and is highly gullible. Even more sensible governments than China like Japan are shutting down schools. This fool is still releasing rubbish statements. That Coronavirus must reach you. Idiot.
So you think everyone that contacted the virus in chine are dead? There's no vaccination for the virus, doesn't mean everyone that contacted it will die.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:44pm On Feb 28, 2020
If you were at the murtala international airport on 25th of February 2020, either as passenger, official, taxi driver, or someone who went to welcome anyone who flew into the country on that day, please report yourself to the nearest hospital and inform them that you were at the airport the day the italian man returned from italy.

You don't have to have been in touch with him, Corona virus is an airborne disease.

Let's help ourselves o. There is 98% chances of survival if you are detected early.

Please go to the nearest hospital today if you fall into the above class.

This Italian arrived at 21:00 25th Feb. with TK625 Turkish Airline at Lagos international airport. Please ask your friends if anyone flew same flight.

He stayed in Radisson Blu, visited his brother in Ikoyi who’s kids are in Italian international school lekki 1 which shares compound building and facilities with Priory International where many big men kids school

He had meetings at wheatbaker on Monday, he visited Agip and saipem office in banana island (which is on lock down this morning) and was driven to reddington by his brother and his driver, and on and on and on......

This virus is closer to us than we think

: Agip Saipem in Banana Island, Lagos, is on lock down. That is the office the Italian with the Coronavirus went to when he returned to Nigeria. Folks need to note information as this to take necessary precautions. Healthy and safe wishes to all.�‍♂

Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by tunapawizzy: 9:44pm On Feb 28, 2020
Oga minister isolate everybody coming in from China, Italy and South Korea...not test. Who doesnt know a mere test can miss the point
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Originalsly: 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2020
seunmsg:

It’s preposterious to think someone will deliberately get infected just so as to be able to spread it in Nigeria.

I don't think deliberately affected.... but not preposterous to think one affected would not come to Nigeria/Africa to deliberately spread the disease. Didn't they do it with HIV?.....then why not coronavirus?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2020
What of our goods coming from China, will it arrive?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by SoNature(m): 9:49pm On Feb 28, 2020
Zooposki:
This guy knew he had this disease and purposely came to Nigeria to spread it, but God pass am. Everywhere you go on social media, there is an outrage on why the disease is not yet in Africa, as if we offended them in a previous life.

These other nations want the virus to do maximum damage on the continent.

Stop writing nonsense

He works in Nigeria and has the right to visit his country

Besides, if you read the article, you will understand why the man was not detected

Many Nigerians have HIV but they don't know because the signs haven't started manifesting yet
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Richmark030: 9:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
Cameroonglass:
y cant the government quarantine all the people coming in from affected counties?

normal excuse: LACK OF FUNDS

Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Ogaonos: 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2020
seunmsg:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/379534-coronavirus-why-infected-italian-was-not-detected-at-lagos-airport-minister.html
but china Bleep up big time.i heared The Chinese govt was blocking doctors who were giving early warnings.water down d threat.nd held some vital information.failed to lockdown d Wuhan town d early four week DT y they d worse hit i think some Chinese official need to b sacked Nd intl community may need an enquiry on china govt handling in d early stage of d spread of d virus.this virus have expose d attitude of Chinese govt towards secrecy Nd lack of freedom of speech.i read in an article DT wahun local govt were slow to alert pple because in china lower govt wait for d higher authorities to give to ahead.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by user294(m): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
Masterito:
This is very preventable but the minister of health is just incompetent, obviously waiting to benefit from it. How on earth do you allow someone from a country of high risk get into the country without placing them on close monitoring? Can't we even copy the South African method? Don't we all know incubation period of the disease? Must we always be reactive instead of being proactive? Well I don't blame the minister he is a Doctor, they prefer treatment to prevention. Nonsense!!!!!!! THE MINSTER SHOULD BE SACKED!!!!

Don't mind the stupid Minister! I am an epidemiologist, but even without that, I have read on BBC right from the onset of the COVID-19 that it could spread even during its incubation period. So how the Minister could say it wasn't detected cos it was in incubation is beyond my understanding! What happened to preventive quarantine? Idiotic Minister!

Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by priscaoge(f): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
betterpikinn:

In Nigeria?
Keep dreaming..

I hope you know you can make your comment without been rude?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by ttmacoy: 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2020

betterpikinn:

Shut up!
It will never be well with all of them.

What stops the senseless authority from quarantining all the people from infected country for 14 days?
Saudi is doing that.

That foolish minister should be sacked.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Ralphjoe(m): 10:08pm On Feb 28, 2020
Mr minister, this is the reason a complete ban on infected countries should have suffixed, but no, you guys were putting economical consideration before health, so we should not believe the saying that health is wealth, it is someone that is alive that can make and spend money, you guys got it so wrong on so many levels, you are not even ashamed to be saying this, you know it has an incubation period whereby the virus can't be detected, why not quarantine foreigners that comes from infected countries, if you don't want to ban them totally, since it has that window of error, but no, the only way you feel you can prevent it is by screening even when you know about this incubation period. Shame on Nigerian government, they have failed us all.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by samdaisi: 10:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
hello sir Mr corona various please go and visit them at Aso rock and national Assembly, say hello to health minister because he said he has put all the necessary apparatus in place to neutralise you when you have not arrived Nigeria
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Frank9081: 10:12pm On Feb 28, 2020
see blew
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Guestlander: 10:16pm On Feb 28, 2020
Ineptitude! We had more than a month to prepare and protect ourselves yet we failed. What a country. It is time for our neighbors to close their own borders.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by NorthernSerene(m): 10:16pm On Feb 28, 2020
Taaaaaah! Oh my GOD...
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by shogsman(m): 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2020
If your government was sensible high risk affected countries like china and Italy would have been automatically quarantined or denied entry for now, and your buhari as not even made a formal statement yet, shame on all of you that voted this government, may you all reap what you have sowed

"narun" Is Killing My Skin Pls What's The Cure To It? / Surgery Gone Wrong: Dr Anu Gave Me An Infection - Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo) / Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix)