Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister (66457 Views)

58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm / Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by veron007: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
seunmsg:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/379534-coronavirus-why-infected-italian-was-not-detected-at-lagos-airport-minister.html

Why will Lafarge invite a service provider from Italy of all places? This totally irresponsible of them. Can't they find another person with the same skill set in Nigeria? This is madness. The guy has no business being in Nigeria when he knows fully well that the virus is running rampant in Milan.

The Gov should please close the border to countries with confirmed cases of Corona Virus. China has instituted a mandatory 14 days quarantine for anybody visitors coming into China!! Why can't we do the same? I bet you when shit hits the fan, our president will come out and say that we was not aware. Shit just hit the fan. This is good night.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by KingWarri: 10:25pm On Feb 28, 2020
spy24:
@health minister
Big lie u people thought it was just a rumor
That why u did not put proper prevention measures in place
A very serious nation even in africa would avoid this virus
Nigeria is never prepared for anything
Especially under this APC government . Ebola was in west Africa here nothing do us covid all the way from China is here and the most painful part is that we are not even close to China Asia or Europe . countries wet near them Neva catch am na we wet dey sub Saharan Africa wan bring am come . stupid leaders
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
"Mr Ehanire, at a press briefing in Abuja, said they are opting for 14 days self-quarantine because much information about the nature and pattern of the disease is still unknown." This single statement by the Health Minister is a recipe for disaster. How can he, in all honesty, be of the belief that self-quarantine would work in Nigeria? Is he on some kind of hallucinogenic drug? To use the excuse of the medical community not knowing the nature and pattern of the disease as a reason for this hideous policy is preposterous and very disingenuous. The medical community as of this day knows much about the virus than the Minister is letting on. But assuming that the health community knows very little about the virus, what has that got to do with instituting a self-quarantine policy? In my opinion, not having much knowledge about the virus would be the more reason why self -quarantine policy is bad for the country. You would want those infected to be isolated from the larger population before you sought things out. It's better to be safe than sorry. He would have been more believable if he had been truthful about the unpreparedness of the country and lack of the facility to cater for those who would be quarantined if mandated. I hope he reverses the course because this policy would create more havoc than it would solve.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Lastmankc(m): 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
seunmsg:

Stop lying. People coming into the country are being checked for the virus.
I pity your future
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Euegene100001: 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2020
Stories ,stories and more stories y not inform travelers that they will be required to undergo a compulsory 14days quarantine period if they must visit Nigeria .Corona virus � is too deadly to joke with Abeg .My only joy is it can affect Not only the poor .At least they go take am serious
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Sweeetheart(m): 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
God should have mercy on Nigerians, he should not use Buhari inhumane act against humanity to judge us

we can't control this virus with all these bunch of retar.ded clowns we have as leaders

lord show us mercy, we are helpless people
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
Enough of this shiit
Just shoot d guy already
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Sexycardib: 11:07pm On Feb 28, 2020
What is she he saying
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Tunex252(m): 11:12pm On Feb 28, 2020
Zooposki:
This guy knew he had this disease and purposely came to Nigeria to spread it, but God pass am. Everywhere you go on social media, there is an outrage on why the disease is not yet in Africa, as if we offended them in a previous life.

These other nations want the virus to do maximum damage on the continent.
dey won use d virus wipe out blacks but God go shame dem

Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by AbigailNebechi: 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2020
vicdom:
embarassed
Why didn't you quarantine all the returnees from the affected countries for a period of two weeks before releasing them to the public. You guys are so careless and foolish. Stupid people
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by galadima77(m): 11:33pm On Feb 28, 2020
So if the man was asymptomatic on arrival and got through the airport screening, how many more people could have been asymptomatic and crossed the screening?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Novaccines: 11:35pm On Feb 28, 2020
Wow
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by baratech: 11:52pm On Feb 28, 2020
Sir, please shut up..
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by PizzleGold(m): 12:45am On Feb 29, 2020
Zooposki:
This guy knew he had this disease and purposely came to Nigeria to spread it, but God pass am. Everywhere you go on social media, there is an outrage on why the disease is not yet in Africa, as if we offended them in a previous life.

These other nations want the virus to do maximum damage on the continent.

Why would a man who knew he had a deadly virus will choose to come to Nigeria when there better countries with better health care?
Do you know the man is a black man not oyibo?
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Nobody: 1:20am On Feb 29, 2020
What an excuse! The same whiteman you are treating with respect will start treating Nigerians with disdain especially with the outbreak of the virus in your country.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Kizzyshana1206(m): 1:28am On Feb 29, 2020
Pls o a man was coughing n sneezing today with running nose does it mean he is infected with the corona? Pls I need ans
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Maski87: 1:34am On Feb 29, 2020
If I catch that Italian eh, nah koboko straight for him nyash.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by ForbesHomesNG(m): 2:35am On Feb 29, 2020
seunmsg:

Your points are valid. I may be wrong but I don’t think the Italian came into Nigeria to deliberately spread the virus. From what I have read so far, he wasn’t aware of his status until he fell sick in Ogun State.
he wouldn't have intentionally to Nigeria for the purposeb of spreading it in Nigeria. Let's all take caution!

Intending house buyers (Duplex or Apartment houses) or you need verified titled LAND should check here and our signature below.
https://www.nairaland.com/5643825/dont-miss-best-ibeju-lekki-deal
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by ForbesHomesNG(m): 2:35am On Feb 29, 2020
seunmsg:

Your points are valid. I may be wrong but I don’t think the Italian came into Nigeria to deliberately spread the virus. From what I have read so far, he wasn’t aware of his status until he fell sick in Ogun State.
He wouldn't have intentionally to Nigeria for the purpose of spreading it in Nigeria. Let's all take caution!

Intending house buyers (Duplex or Apartment houses) or you need verified titled LAND should check here and our signature below.
https://www.nairaland.com/5643825/dont-miss-best-ibeju-lekki-deal
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Akachai2030(m): 2:59am On Feb 29, 2020
every passenger coming into Nigeria should have checked before even leaving the plane do that ones detected the plane sent back or those affected passengers are taken to the hospital. besides what about the people that sat close to the man where are they.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by betterpikinn: 3:13am On Feb 29, 2020
priscaoge:

I hope you know you can make your comment without been rude?
No
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Cantonese: 4:00am On Feb 29, 2020
How would they ever do the right thing at the airport when all the officials get busy looking for who to rough handle and collect bribe from?

Surely the health minister is economical with the truth. He knows that the officials failed at the airport. Why would they not immediately quarantine those people arriving from the troubled countries first for safety sake? Bribes would never allow them work well at the airport. Probably they collected some dollars from the man on arrival and allowed him go.

Immigration officials deliberately set up to rip people off either on entry or at departure.

On arrival from a trip one day an immigration officer told me that my passport details were not appearing on the system. I said that I did not understand what she meant. She asked me to wait at a corner while she screened others who arrived on the same aircraft with me. I waited for close to 15 minutes and she did not revert so I went back to her, especially as our luggages had started coming through the converyor belt - the operators there too are another day's story. The lady repeated the sane thing and this time asked me view her system. I said madam I travelled through this airport 2 months ago and visited 4 countries without wahala, why do you want to give me wahala on arrival home. The next thing she then bodly said "oga you go find me something". I said "madam if you like kill yourself there , nothing for you". "If you are eyeing the dollars in my front pocket you are wasting your time". Sha she handed over my passport to her boss. That one too went back to her system, placed my passport on it and instantly all the details appeared. The man apologized and the lady too. But I said the apology would be a problem to them if I did not find my luggage. Luckily for them I found it.

There is a big problem at our airports and there is hardly anything anyone can do.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by somtookeke(m): 4:00am On Feb 29, 2020
Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos!
https://speakersden2..com/2020/02/coronavirus-face-masks-hand-sanitizers.html

Like, Share, Comment

Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by somtookeke(m): 4:08am On Feb 29, 2020
Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed
https://speakersden2..com/2020/02/nigeria-well-equipped-to-handle-cases.html

Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Reference(m): 5:09am On Feb 29, 2020
DP.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Reference(m): 5:14am On Feb 29, 2020
Clowns. The rest of the world has known that for at least three weeks except them so have placed blanket bans on entry from hot spots or insisted on isolation and bloodwork.

Even some doctors I spoke with hete are not even aware of that protocol. Nigerians hate knowing things, hate reading, hate inquiry. Just leave them in their cocoons...man caves of ignorance stroking their pet habits.

Someone sits in far away John Hopkins gathering stats on the Nigeria breakout and learning new things about the virus as it runs rings round our healthcare defences while we dance like Shkodran Mustafi
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Reference(m): 5:26am On Feb 29, 2020
MaNyEsq:
"Mr Ehanire, at a press briefing in Abuja, said they are opting for 14 days self-quarantine because much information about the nature and pattern of the disease is still unknown." This single statement by the Health Minister is a recipe for disaster. How can he, in all honesty, be of the belief that self-quarantine would work in Nigeria? Is he on some kind of hallucinogenic drug? To use the excuse of the medical community not knowing the nature and pattern of the disease as a reason for this hideous policy is preposterous and very disingenuous. The medical community as of this day knows much about the virus than the Minister is letting on. But assuming that the health community knows very little about the virus, what has that got to do with instituting a self-quarantine policy? In my opinion, not having much knowledge about the virus would be the more reason why self -quarantine policy is bad for the country. You would want those infected to be isolated from the larger population before you sought things out. It's better to be safe than sorry. He would have been more believable if he had been truthful about the unpreparedness of the country and lack of the facility to cater for those who would be quarantined if mandated. I hope he reverses the course because this policy would create more havoc than it would solve.

Can you imagine that bull. How does he expect a foreigner who comes to Nigerian on business to self quarantine while on a time stamp. Self quarantine for half a month where?..in a four star hotel?.... is he Richard Branson coming to build a space port?

If you were going to Europe or America or Asia for genuine business and were told at visa you will be quarantined that long at your expense will you go?...perhaps if you know you won't obey. No one had that time and money to waste. The Italian knew this.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by EdiskyHarry: 5:27am On Feb 29, 2020
Hmmm, I have nothing to say, if this is how everything will end, let it end, my happiness is that this virus is a respecter of no man.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Reference(m): 5:34am On Feb 29, 2020
Anyway I have mafe my peace about the favt I may or may not eventually get infected. I am in a close proximity business that has to keep running. We can self isolate tje whole operations but for how long. We certainly cannot work from home. We will PPE as much as we cam and stock up on steroids to keep going and my key staff will be goven all the support they need. It is the aged patents I think about now. Steroids are dangerous for them. They just have to sit their butts down for a while.

Wifh all the information out there the goverment still let this happen. They have failed us in this regards. For heavens sake this pandemic gave us and the rest of Africa a two month heads up, God's grace to a beleaguered continent yet our ineptitude and corruption couldn't keep it out.
Re: Coronavirus: Why Infected Italian Was Not Detected At Lagos Airport – Minister by Kinikini: 7:31am On Feb 29, 2020
We can't seem to believe the government again especially on this Corona Virus disease. They claimed preparedness yet news media have reported non-existent capable facilities for containment. By the way, those guys at the airport will let even a full blown corona infected person enter provided .........we know what the priority of the officials at the airport anyway.

seunmsg:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/379534-coronavirus-why-infected-italian-was-not-detected-at-lagos-airport-minister.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benefits Of Bitter Kola (orogbo) / Help Me! Syphilis Wants To Finish My Life / Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.