Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

What As Life Taught You So Far? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What As Life Taught You So Far? (1965 Views)

What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? / Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson / How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What As Life Taught You So Far? by Playboy3030(m): 11:46am On Feb 29, 2020
Life has taught me so many things, But the most important of it is that; "Never should you depend on someone..."
*Share your own taught of life too*

4 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Sexyliciousbri: 11:53am On Feb 29, 2020
Be patient. What you’re supposed to do, will eventually come with it. Work hard, and work towards something you love.

4 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Oblongata: 1:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
Everything means nothing...

4 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by JewelDiamond(f): 1:42pm On Feb 29, 2020
No condition is permanent

5 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by greyce: 2:20pm On Feb 29, 2020
Things don't always go as planned

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by chigoldus: 3:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
I have learnt that human beings are wicked. The people who dine and wine with you will definitely kill you.

4 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Canada2021: 3:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
Honesty dsnt pay all the time. I am actually paying the price for being honest cry

2 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by cerpvad(m): 3:42pm On Feb 29, 2020
I have learnt that all humans are inherently evil, selfish, and full of undecidedbetrayals

3 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Mizwisdom(f): 3:46pm On Feb 29, 2020
Time waits for no one.

2 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 29, 2020
Those starting from the scratch with no generational wealth, OBOs too can use some of this

1. No one owes you anything

2. Anything you find yourself doing, do it with all your might and strength, in fact die on the line and commit it to God(if you believe)

3. Put yourself first, you are not selfish, people would choose themselves to live over you when it comes to life and death and LIFE DEFINING opportunities. Learnt this from my senior in uni, he said “The first Law of nature is self-preservation” . Fight for yourself and life .

4. Look around you, there are certain people you like because of certain qualities, pick those traits and emulate. Conversely, there are people you do not admire like that? What are those traits you do not like, avoid it like a plaque.

5. Nothing is promised, but let it be that you gave it your all to avoid ifs and buts.

6. Love is never enough. My mentor(CEO of one of the leading banks in Naija) told me that when he was choosing his wife, it was not a totally emotional decision, he looked for certain qualities after those boxes were ticked, he then asked himself if he likes the person enough to want to spend the rest of his life with her.

7. Keep working and keep believing(no matter your faith ) with the right set of skill, lucky stroke and time, your chance may come.

Me

26 y/o Male, have siblings that he loves and think they love him too as much. Couple of niece and nephews. Started from the bottom, God is working wonders in his life and pray the he continues. Ended a long term relationship. And seen life a little.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
greyce:
Things don't always go as planned

I think this should be the root of life's lessons.

1 Like

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
cerpvad:
I have learnt that all humans are inherently evil, selfish, and full of undecidedbetrayals

You are mistaken. It's not everybody.
Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by cerpvad(m): 5:47pm On Feb 29, 2020
That's the mistake you make, to think some human are perfect angel. I put it to you again, all humans, including you and me are inherently evil.
FarFromAverage:

You are mistaken. It's not everybody.

1 Like

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 29, 2020
cerpvad:
That's the mistake you make, to think some human are perfect angel. I put it to you again, all humans, including you and me are inherently evil.
The way you see yourself isn't the way I see myself. Perhaps you were raised by evildoers, and who knows whether the environment you live in is/was orchestrated by evil men. I guess that's why it's affecting your thinking and your personality at large.

Or do you intend seeing my type or staying with positive gems? Maybe I could book you a flight so that you'll see a different type of lifestyle that you haven't seen for years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by cerpvad(m): 6:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
Go and read George Orwell 's Animal Farm and William Golding' s Lord of the Flies. Then after that go and read the story of Cain and Abel in the Bible. Then go to the Dictionary and check the meaning of the word 'inherent'

After that come back let's sit down and talk
FarFromAverage:

The way you see yourself isn't the way I see myself. Perhaps you were raised by evildoers, and who knows whether the environment you live in is/was orchestrated by evil men. I guess that's why it's affecting your thinking and your personality at large.

Or do you intend seeing my type or staying with positive gems? Maybe I could book you a flight so that you'll see a different type of lifestyle that you haven't seen for years.

6 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Uyi168: 7:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
That life itself is a scam..
One moment u are up and balling,the next moment,u are dead... embarassed

3 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by OlawaleBammie: 11:48pm On Feb 29, 2020
LIFE IS SCRIPTED

1 Like

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by engrtee(f): 11:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
too Mich of carrying church for head no good
Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by OlawaleBammie: 11:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
engrtee:
too Mich of carrying church for head no good

Lol, pls tell me ur experience sir.

Tho i go with u.

1 Like

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Nnefada: 2:40am On Mar 01, 2020
Not to over trust yourself, thinking you are infallible.

3 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Chapter1vs6(m): 4:24am On Mar 01, 2020
1.Life is filled with too much pain and hypocrisy.
2.And the idea of God by the 3 Abrahamic religion is false.
3. It's hard to maintaining loving a spouse without the ability to provide comfort (I don't want to mention money)
Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by ednut1(m): 7:43am On Mar 01, 2020
It has no manual

3 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by PureGoldh(m): 8:19am On Mar 01, 2020
Life is full of ups and down
Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by PhilipGallagher(m): 8:24am On Mar 01, 2020
There are no rules
Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Katier00(f): 1:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
Life is unfair get use to it

There is a tiny difference between support and manipulation

You are solely accountable for your happiness and your mistakes

Happy ever after does not apply to everyone, which brings us back to life been unfair

6 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by egopersonified(f): 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2020
Fiyinfoluwa20:
Those starting from the scratch with no generational wealth, OBOs too can use some of this

1. No one owes you anything

2. Anything you find yourself doing, do it with all your might and strength, in fact die on the line and commit it to God(if you believe)

3. Put yourself first, you are not selfish, people would choose themselves to live over you when it comes to life and death and LIFE DEFINING opportunities. Learnt this from my senior in uni, he said “The first Law of nature is self-preservation” . Fight for yourself and life .

4. Look around you, there are certain people you like because of certain qualities, pick those traits and emulate. Conversely, there are people you do not admire like that? What are those traits you do not like, avoid it like a plaque.

5. Nothing is promised, but let it be that you gave it your all to avoid ifs and buts.

6. Love is never enough. My mentor(CEO of one of the leading banks in Naija) told me that when he was choosing his wife, it was not a totally emotional decision, he looked for certain qualities after those boxes were ticked, he then asked himself if he likes the person enough to want to spend the rest of his life with her.

7. Keep working and keep believing(no matter your faith ) with the right set of skill, lucky stroke and time, your chance may come.

Me

26 y/o Male, have siblings that he loves and think they love him too as much. Couple of niece and nephews. Started from the bottom, God is working wonders in his life and pray the he continues. Ended a long term relationship. And seen life a little.

really working on number 4, but it is very hard. Especially cursing back at other drivers while driving.
Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Professorcplus(m): 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
posting...please wait
Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by worworbabe: 1:46pm On Mar 01, 2020
Something that I have done right and that has continuously worked for me is leveraging on the people around me. I am able to sight potentials and develop great relationships that propel me higher and higher.

Mind you, I don't kiss asses as I climb the ladder. People rather respect me for my views. Intelligent people always do.

I have few, high quality friends and develop good relationships with beneficial acquaintances.

The rest, I leave to God.

So what I have learnt basically is the act of leveraging.

5 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by cococandy(f): 2:47pm On Mar 01, 2020
Money is power.

However it’s not everything . Because power is not everything

3 Likes

Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Exodora: 6:54pm On Mar 01, 2020
What will be will be.
Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by ccffwx: 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
All is vanity except for GOD.
Re: What As Life Taught You So Far? by Lamanii22(f): 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
Stop pleasing people. "life said" it took me years before I adhered to it though...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Signs Your Husband Is Cheating On You / Is Being A Pastor Or An Imam A Guarantee Of A Happy Home? / Photos: Mother Turns Her Baby’s Nap Time Into Dream Adventures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.