Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die (19788 Views)

Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful / Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election / Obasanjo: I Have Seen Three Olu Of Warri, I Don’t Want To See Fourth Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by iamola(m): 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
Oregbe17:
This is sheer hypocrisy; turning a blind eye to real issues at hand

ITS QUITE PATHETIC
what's the issues that you want him to talk about
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by handsomeyinka(m): 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
You wey no fit fight when you be President..

Baba I beg parkwell joor...

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
tete7000:
Why didn't he work for the agitation, true federalism agitation during his time?
gbam ..
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Whyzaid(f): 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Is this a joke or what

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by hotseat: 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
So amazing! When they are in power with all the instruments at their disposal to do the needful, they won't only to become pseudo political activists after leaving office. You said people called for true federalism during your time but now people are championing restructuring. Did you address the issue of true federalism in Nigeria? You even had the effrontery to withhold allocations of the Lagos State Government. You laid the foundation for the present mess in the country.
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Azmanaty: 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Afamed:

Nothing to add. You said it all. Obasanjo speaks with two sides of his mouth

Typical of Yoruba's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by selemempe: 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
oyebanji44:
You can hear it from baba himself.we don't believe in biafra and we will discard the idea of secession in our totality. grin grin
why is the yoruba nation not interested in their independence. I ask this question not to insult but to be educated on this topic cause I can't understand this Una attachment to Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by valx2: 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
Please before you comment, make sure you read through the passage.. Most people that commented on this post only reacted to the headline.
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Glycosunde: 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
Baba abeg relax, when u were there what did u do if not to enrich urself to stupor. I hate hypocritical people because clueless Buhari tomorrow now we still be clamouring for a better Nigeria when he is no longer in power because the largesse won't be coming to him den. Give Obasanjo d presidency today n watch him return to his selfish n corrupt factory's reset.A man dat wanted to run for a 3rd term. A dead Nigeria politician is d only good one. Mteewch. That is how Buhari won't have let us hear word if he had not won d presidency but thank God breeze don blow and Buhari fowl yansh have opened

Are you a woman between the ages of 18-42 and you want to earn #1,500,000( one million five hundred thousand naira) in the next 9months for being a surrogate mother, then kindly call or WhatsApp me on 08085454942. And if you refer someone who is interested, there is an incentive for you too.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by WOCKHARDI(m): 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
Anyone who wants Nigeria "restructured" must expatiate on what he or she actually means. In other words, should come up with a blueprint on the way forward. Not as in APC "change" ( for the fun of it ) which turned out to be for worse.
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Joefat: 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
What Buhari his doing to Nigerians now, it's the legacy OBJ has created during his time in government.. so don't try to patronise us here baba.. if there will be any changes in this country, u should be among people to lead and stand for us..
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by michoim(m): 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nonsense
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by blasted12: 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
justtoodark:
dont restructure anything....

they dont want to stay....let them go with their south eastern states....
obansanjo is getting too soft....
Nigeria desperately needs to be restructured, the current structure is seriously flawed
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Muyology: 6:33pm On Mar 01, 2020
All the money he stole he shud take it back to national treasury
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by obibob2020(m): 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
Uncle Baba, is too late.
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Archtype(m): 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
Our leaders speaking as if they have good intention. This one still wants to keep his oil wells intact that's why they won't even allow common decentralization or Confederation
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by kelvinhilton(m): 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2020
What did you do for Nigeria while you when in power

The best of Politician is still a Politician
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by jaxxy(m): 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2020
God will help u achieve the change for the best u desire for this country. Great statesman.
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sonsly041:

Mandela of Nigeria

If you knew the figure Mandela was, you would never have even mentioned obasanjors name after his, talk more of addressing him as "Mandela of nigeria"
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Meritocracy: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
Mr Do or Die election we don't need to unite.
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by shugabasbn: 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
Because u benefited so much from Nigeria Unity than anyone n u returned her favour with hmmm
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Banky16(m): 6:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
Obj is a very stupid old man.
Wen he was president nottin we see.
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by ALFAD(m): 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2020
Jumping from water to fire
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by BlastAfonja: 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
Mcquine:
F***ing Afonja Monkey

After Looting the country dry you want to fight for unity.

Thunder fire you and the people that supports you.

Go and and fight for Oduduwa republic.

Biafra is here.

Gbamsoluntly correct..
Biafra or nothing!
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by juman(m): 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
Hiss.
Very useless man.
Those generals are nuisance.
They were the thieves that ruined the country.
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by AreaFada2: 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
oyebanji44:
You can hear it from baba himself.we don't believe in biafra and we will discard the idea of secession in our totality. grin grin
Hope you can decode his warning that if restructuring is resisted things may escalate to break up altogether. Like true federalism during his time has now escalated to restructuring.

He is simply saying he who resists peaceful change makes a violent change inevitable. Even citing how Boko is getting outside and inside help to carry out violence as what might happen on a wider scale.

Don't be driven by your hate for others but by the genuine love for the people of Nigeria.

While OBJ knows and says the right things, he never did genuine federalism in his time. He had 8 years to do it. So he has contributed to the current mess.
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by juman(m): 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sixteen years failure of pdp was caused by obasanjo.
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Edyice: 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
The country is almost done with separation ...

Na Small thing remain... grin
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by seangy4konji: 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
I don hear.
Re: Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die by Franking: 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Kuku die now. Nigeria has expired. Anyone wanting Nigeria's unity is an enemy of progress.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

120 Atiku Support Groups Set To Defect To PDP / Court Sacks Makarfi/fayose Backed Ekiti Pdp State EXCO / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2021)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.