Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar (50019 Views)

TURAI: How Late President Yar’adua Died While I Went To Break Fast / Turai Yaradua Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Where Is Hajiya Turai Yaradua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by johnmartus(m): 4:46pm On Mar 01, 2020
I'm so sad that I couldn't comment before this topic reach here. But thank you bro for your revelation.
I was thinking if all the commentators gonna be same in views.
Nigerian youths are lazy and we are real problem of this country we don't read and sadly we can't reason beyond our nose.
BLS1:
Look at all the lazy youths above me.....even with the advent of google they cannot verify just a simple few things.

So Yaradua was the first and only president to reduce petrol price?

He introduced Batches into our NYSC system?

No ASUU strikes, students finished in record time?

No herdsmen killings under him? No militancy?

Boko was not around in his tenure?

Keep on lazy youths, keep on .

https://www.bigthink.com/those-who-do-not-learn-history-doomed-to-repeat-it-really.amp.html
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Monday60655(m): 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
You just remind me about the good man. His death is a very painful one to the entire nation. I always weep anytime his death come to my mind
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Manageme: 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
Good people never last
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by ShootThemAll(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
100% True....The ONLY President that disclosed all his property genuinely. I respect Olusegun Obasanjo for bringing him, Obasanjo really want Nigeria to be great.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by pressplay411(m): 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
kelvine:
Niger Delta was safe. The militants received amnesty.
North, South, East and West were happy.
No BOKO, No IPOB, No Bandits, No killer herdsmen.
Now see where we are.

May our helper not die untimely

Amen.
His death killed a lot of hope for Nigeria.
One wonders why God allows such evil.
RIP Yar Adua, the only Servant-Leader President Nigeria has ever had.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
Organs:

Shut up there! Voting Buhari in 2015 saved NIGERIA. The whole world was talking about all the corruption of GEJ. People are currently being jailed with Diezani currently hiding in London and youre still talking rubbish just because he is of your faith or from your place or because you lack "common sense"? Now, because of your stupidity and bigotry and so many elements like you, we could not move from Buhari in 2019 cos it was now between very useless PDP and useless APC. Now if you had let go of your bigotry, we all collectively would've moved away from useless PDP in 2015, then this useless APC will not have mouth to compare themselves with useless PDP, then in 2019, we would've had something better to move to, cos we will all agree PDP is useless and should be dead, then we will also see that APC is also useless only a bit better so we will have another better opposition and not PDP vs APC again. Now we all are in this mess. Shame on you. Tuehhhhh.

I could report you for calling me stupid but I won't.

You know why? Because I want us to reason together.

Do you realize there is a difference between realism and idealism?

You don't have to be utopic when talking Nigerian affairs.

I am not saying GEJ had no flaws. Far from it. But was Buhari a worthy alternative in 2015?

How do you expect me to forgive people that maliciously suspended reason and believed blatant lies and propaganda? How would a candidate say he would make #1 to $1 and people believed and sold that lie without questioning the economics he wants to employ towards achieving it? This and other lies. Yet a people who are supposed to be cerebral believed it. And you say it wasn't wickedness?

Now after the 2015 disaster and the bigger leadership disaster that followed, this people have continued to form the fulcrum of support to this govt despite evident failures.

And in 2019, they aided in relegitimizing the disaster.

Forget we are talking about a country. Imagine you were in a business partnership with some people with whom you constitute the board, and some members of the board keep lending support to a disastrous director who is running the business down, how would you see those set of people?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Yamleg: 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
kelvine:
Now see where we are.

But your helper can die after helping you??
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by aminusodiq(m): 5:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
ThierryJay:

There's nothing to understand better. Of course I knew he was sick. But Nigerians in general were referring to him as half-dead which was symptomatic of the sentiments against him.

I know that being sick was outside of his control. However, you don't also get automatic medals for just being sick. There are provisions in the constitution to address such situations. Yaradua didn't really do anything significant to warrant his tenure being considered as our best democratic dispensation. Those who think so are just hypocrites, or they've lost their memory.
ok... Can u name just one person who did better dan him? .... Nigerians ar sentimental, hypocritical, religion fanatics nd nepotism is dia favorite..... If 70% nigerians can conclude dah someone did well... Den he actually did well.!!! If u find someone better... U judging based on ur sentiments too
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Dpharisee: 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
The only leader in Nigeria who admitted publicly that the process that brought him to power was not clean and must be changed and he never attributed integrity to himself. Even Buhari who proclaims himself as a man of integrity refused to ascent to electronic voting and transmission of results by a central server because he felt his popularity is not enough to guarantee him a second term in office
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by inyenejo(m): 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Rip sir....
If you are a sane mind please say no to apcshit and buharigg .
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Paulpak34(m): 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
PotatoSalad:
True that!

Infected or not, some people still mean well for this country.
People like me.....

After I've spent my first two years in office trying to surpass what T.A Orji's son did.
I'll then work well, and nigerians will sing my praise
Please sir, i want you to help for employment and i will be grateful if you can help me. This is my number sir 08064985081
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Tarabye: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Abidek900(m): 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
[quote author=PotatoSalad post=87077146]True that!

Infected or not, some people still mean well for this country.
People like me.....

After I've spent my first two years in office trying to surpass what T.A Orji's son did.
I'll then work well, and nigerians will sing my praise[/quote

i don't understand you
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Paulpak34(m): 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
[quote author=Abidek900 post=87086522][/quote] Am begging you if you can help me to get a job for living. 08064985081
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by paix(m): 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
Yaradua's short time in office was hundred times better than 5 years of this administration.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Supan(m): 7:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
dominique:
It was during his regime that we knew what it felt like for lecturers not to go on strike. His administration introduced different batches and streams for NYSC that enabled a lot of PCMs go for service earlier than expected. Before then, graduates had wait for about a year or two before getting deployed. Too bad death took him away from us before we could realize his full potentials. Continue to RIP OMY

Boko Haram started during his regime though.

RiP to the great man. The man of integrity. The man of rule of law.

His death is still shrouded in mystery. Some part of me believed he was poisoned by pple who don't want Nigeria to succeed. Maybe CIA or some northern cabals who seemed not happy with his way of enthroning equality at all levels.

At the bolded, it's false. Book Haram was soundly defeated by him. Try read up. Part of the reasons northern cabals were against him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by CsRockefeller(m): 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
Okoroawusa:

You agreed with Mrs Turai that her husband was Nigeria's best president. Why?
Buhari is laying the foundation of a Nigeria that my grandchildren will be proud of. It's has not been easy for him to do so especially coming from PDP's disasterously 16 years.
The Yoruba say,"Seven Kings Seven Stories". So anyone can lay claim to being Nigeria's best president. For me, it certainly can't be a PDP president. 16 years of PDP is an aberration in Nigeria's history. Wasted years.

She never said her husband's reign was the best, read the topic again.

Remember in 4 years time, APC will have been on the saddle for 8 years, we are watching if they will fair any better.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Supan(m): 7:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
kelvine:
Now see where we are.

I strongly believe that there is a supernatural force working against Nigeria's advancement. This force may have occultic backing and also white magic. All aimed to determine the destiny of black people.

Whenever any good thing is about to happen to us, calamity will arise from no where.

I think strong prayer is needed to break from this.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Dytech(m): 7:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
9jayes:

Good people no dey last
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by DaRuud(m): 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
Chikpat:
Nigeria would have been a better place if Abacha lived longer

Honestly, there wouldn't have been Cabals , bandits , Boko , IPOB , Militants , Herdsmen. ,. . .. one command is enough to wipe so many people
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by LordMayor018: 7:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
I agree with you ma, best president ever had Yar'adua may his soul rest in peace
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by petitejolie(f): 7:59pm On Mar 01, 2020
kelvine:
Now see where we are.

there was boko even fulani wahala but because they know this leader is DAT type that wouldnt support they and their evils in the name of my people my people. He stood for all, he never came across as a tribal bigot. He was humble and respectful. He was in touch with reality. He listened to voice of reasoning. He was just one of those very few good northern personality in politics.the election that brought him to power was fraudulent and he said it. But i tell u if he had contest d second time nobody even buhari wouldnt beat him
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by andrejeff: 8:33pm On Mar 01, 2020
YARADUA, A MAN OF PEACE AND GODWILL
THE BEST PRESIDENT NIGERIA NEVER ENJOYED
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Molutex(m): 8:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nothing but a truth
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Finest641(f): 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
I concur
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by stonemasonn: 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
pdppower:
Very true. He was the first and only president to review downward the price of petrol in Nigeria. He had other good plans but unfortunately death did not allow him to actualise them. Continue to RIP.
And the downwards review was good!!
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
kestolove95:
After this God sent man died, a drunkard took over nd start d destruction then the worst of them came, an illiterate without certificate, tribalist bigot that don't know his left from ryt took ova, his on a northern mission
You are worst than a drunkard
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by DexterousOne(m): 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
kestolove95:
After this God sent man died, a drunkard took over nd start d destruction then the worst of them came, an illiterate without certificate, tribalist bigot that don't know his left from ryt took ova, his on a northern mission

Shame of a country
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by AliAgbede22(m): 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
May Almighty Allah Grant him paradise the President
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by jhubril(m): 11:48pm On Mar 01, 2020
Allah jikan Maza!
Rip mentor!

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Sexycardib: 11:48pm On Mar 01, 2020
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by kevotek1000(m): 12:05am On Mar 02, 2020
This is my beloved president whom I'm well pleased. Unfortunately good people don't last long, rest on Nigeria best and only good presido.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Special Forces Arrive Southern Kaduna (Photos) / Ambode Hands Over To Sanwo-olu (Photo) / Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.